Newbie Meet 'n Greet

Soleater

On 9/16/2018 at 5:24 PM, Soleater said:

Hello person who exists!  It is I - person who barely exists, but who is glad to meet you anyway ^^  Bow users are v good except in Awakening usually

Well, welcome back!  ^u^  You have great tastes :D

Ooooh nice, I'm a Sinnoh fan myself, with my first game being Pokemon Pearl :D  Y'know, I've never seen anyone's favorite region be anything but their starting region...Hmmmm...

Majora's Mask is fantastic - I've only played the remake, but it's sooo well made, much tighter and with more care than OoT imo.  Though my favorite is Twilight Princess (though BoW, WW, and even MM at times threaten TP's position sometimes), while not the hardest game, it's just a lot of fun, with it's bosses and dungeon design, and it's story and atmosphere are fantastic; Midna really pulls the whole thing together, and is one of my favorite characters of all time ^u^

Heyo Valesti!  It's great to meet you - I don't really listen to K-Pop (at all), but it seems p cool! ^^

Never played 7 or Tellius, but they look super cool :o  My favorite classes have to be Manaketes or Wyvern Riders; why do you like Shamans?

Yyyyyyyyup that's probably my fault x.x"

Hey there!  Welcome to the forums even if you have been here for awhile *shot*!  Awakening is veeeeeeeeeery good, so you came in at a good point ^^

I've kind of fallen out of playing Heroes - is it still good?

Welcome!! :D

I'm excited to have you swinging around the forums - I hope you enjoy! ^u^

Oooooh I'd love you see what you make with the roms - show me your progress sometime, I'd love to see it!

It's nice to meet you too!

Ah, that's all cool - there a ton of different gaming forums and just general forums around here, so don't sweat it ^^  Welcome!

*raises hand*

What Fire Emblem games have you played?  I'm an Awakening baby, and I've played Fates (minus Revelations), Warriors, Valentia, and Heroes (and a little bit of that crossover game with Tokyo Mirage Sessions) - wbu?  What games have you played?

Welcome to the forums, Anne!  ^^

Well, when it comes to forum lifespans, this forums still kind of new, so I don't blame you for not finding it ^^"  And I think we're all nervous at least a little ouo

Anyway, heyo!  I hope you enjoy your stay here!  And I hope I can learn to respond to this forum better x.x

I'll Dm you ^^

I'd have to say  that my favorite class is either Wyvern Riders or Caveliers. I've played Fire Emblem GBA, PoR, and all the 3ds games. but when it comes to Zelda my favorite game has to be Twilight Princess, but when it comes to story I really enjoy Skyward Sword to. 

Edited by Robin126

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope I'm doing this right, I'm completely new here. I've heard about this site and seen it a couple times in the past, but never signed up until today. 

Anyway- I go by Mary if you need a name, and I've played through the GBA FE games, Awakening, Fates and Echoes, the latter of which I'm playing right now. I'm a pretty big fan of the series, it's the only games I play consistently these days. I'm hopefully going to be able to play Path of Radiance at home soon, I'm excited to begin that as well.

I'm a writer as well, although my FE fanfic days are pretty far behind me these days, since most of them were written before 2015 and I like to think I've learned a lot since then. Like how to plan a story, and the importance of editing my work before I post it. Good life skills.  :P:

Edited by Farina's Pegasus
removed quote. Oops.

Hello!! I am Leftie! I have been a distant fan of Fire Emblem for a really long time, though I've only recently gained the courage to actually play the game..... I have all the GBA games (including a Translated FE6 ROM) on my 3DS and Awakening but....

I... Have only played FE7. And I still have yet to beat it.... yeah.... pathetic, I know. Fire Emblem's difficulty has always spooked me, and it made me always afraid to play the game because I despise losing any unit, even if I don't care about them and im lowkey really bad at strategy But I'm finally playing FE7, and.... the farthest I've gotten is Chapter 23E. yeah.

I've always been horrendous at introductions I'm sorry >~< If you want to ask me anything or roast me thats fine too go ahead I guess-

Edit:

I despise losing any unit

I am sad because Matthew died for like the nth time and I'm restarting the chapter I've been trying for 2 days  a g a i n

Edited by Leftie

5 hours ago, Leftie said:

Hello!! I am Leftie! I have been a distant fan of Fire Emblem for a really long time, though I've only recently gained the courage to actually play the game..... I have all the GBA games (including a Translated FE6 ROM) on my 3DS and Awakening but....

I... Have only played FE7. And I still have yet to beat it.... yeah.... pathetic, I know. Fire Emblem's difficulty has always spooked me, and it made me always afraid to play the game because I despise losing any unit, even if I don't care about them and im lowkey really bad at strategy But I'm finally playing FE7, and.... the farthest I've gotten is Chapter 23E. yeah.

I've always been horrendous at introductions I'm sorry >~< If you want to ask me anything or roast me thats fine too go ahead I guess-

Edit:

I am sad because Matthew died for like the nth time and I'm restarting the chapter I've been trying for 2 days  a g a i n

Don't feel bad, I didn't even come close to finishing FE7 on my first playthrough. I made it to Chapter 17 and then decided to start over, since at that point I actually knew about things like side quests and supports and the fact that critical hits deal triple damage and never miss. I even asked an FE YouTuber for advice on how to complete the final chapter without my entire army dying at one point.

… And not to scare you or anything, but, I still have yet to beat Hector's story on hard mode. And I've been playing FE7 on and off since 2011.

Honestly, out of all the FE games I've played- all the GBA and 3DS ones- Blazing Sword is probably the second hardest. It's definitely a lot more difficult than the 3D games, even when you're playing on Classic mode on those. It's a great game to start the series with, in my opinion, but the fact that having any unit die means you have to continue on without them or reset the chapter entirely? It does get a bit grating after a while.

13 hours ago, Farina's Pegasus said:

Don't feel bad, I didn't even come close to finishing FE7 on my first playthrough. I made it to Chapter 17 and then decided to start over, since at that point I actually knew about things like side quests and supports and the fact that critical hits deal triple damage and never miss. I even asked an FE YouTuber for advice on how to complete the final chapter without my entire army dying at one point.

… And not to scare you or anything, but, I still have yet to beat Hector's story on hard mode. And I've been playing FE7 on and off since 2011.

Honestly, out of all the FE games I've played- all the GBA and 3DS ones- Blazing Sword is probably the second hardest. It's definitely a lot more difficult than the 3D games, even when you're playing on Classic mode on those. It's a great game to start the series with, in my opinion, but the fact that having any unit die means you have to continue on without them or reset the chapter entirely? It does get a bit grating after a while.

Well it isn't even that!! I love strategy, don't get me wrong, but I'm just bad at strategic thinking; If I had a dollar for every time I got checkmated in Chess in less than 10 turns...

And I also grow so attached to my units, that even one I would be more than okay with continuing the game without in a difficulty sense, I would still restart for regardless because I want to see them grow stronger. I'm like a freakin' mom!!

I really don't mind permadeath; I actually kinda love the concept of it, it's just I grow way too attached to all my units and next thing you know I slip up and I start crying over whatever unit just died. What I'm trying to say is that I have a soft heart and I feel guilty every time a unit dies because Intelligent Systems did way too well writing their mfing characters

2 hours ago, Leftie said:

Well it isn't even that!! I love strategy, don't get me wrong, but I'm just bad at strategic thinking; If I had a dollar for every time I got checkmated in Chess in less than 10 turns...

And I also grow so attached to my units, that even one I would be more than okay with continuing the game without in a difficulty sense, I would still restart for regardless because I want to see them grow stronger. I'm like a freakin' mom!!

I really don't mind permadeath; I actually kinda love the concept of it, it's just I grow way too attached to all my units and next thing you know I slip up and I start crying over whatever unit just died. What I'm trying to say is that I have a soft heart and I feel guilty every time a unit dies because Intelligent Systems did way too well writing their mfing characters

I'm not the best at strategy either, I like to go by the moment instead of plan ahead too much. My general way of playing FE is "throw the strong guys in front, put the weaker ones in the back and keep the fliers away from arrows" and that's about it. I'd like to say it works? Sometimes?

And yeah... do I feel that. I mean I certainly don't get attached to every character I use, there's been a couple times when someone's suddenly dead and I'm just like, "You know what, this is like my fifth time resetting. We'll go on without him". It's usually a him because I tend to like and get invested in pretty much every female FE character. But most of the time I'll try again, since I don't want to lose anyone- especially when I'm playing FE7, because imo that game has the best story and characters by a long shot. Not that the other games have bad stories or characters, necessarily... They just never really get quite as consistently strong, distinct and memorable as Blazing Sword's do.

Hey! Long time lurker here, decided to make an account to maybe get out of my shell a bit and also because work gets really boring. It actually took me about a week or so to sign up once I decided to because I have the hardest time coming up with usernames, lol.

I got into FE back in 2014 with Awakening, and I've since played FE4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, and 15.

Outside of video games I also like some anime/manga, webcomics, and I do a bit of writing/drawing/worldbuilding. I love talking about my project, and I've been making good progress on it lately which is very exciting!

Sorry if my intro is a bit vague, it's a bad habit of mine but I also don't want to subject anyone to a massive text wall of stuff nobody's interested in lol 

On 10/19/2018 at 4:16 PM, Farina's Pegasus said:

I'm not the best at strategy either, I like to go by the moment instead of plan ahead too much. My general way of playing FE is "throw the strong guys in front, put the weaker ones in the back and keep the fliers away from arrows" and that's about it. I'd like to say it works? Sometimes?

And yeah... do I feel that. I mean I certainly don't get attached to every character I use, there's been a couple times when someone's suddenly dead and I'm just like, "You know what, this is like my fifth time resetting. We'll go on without him". It's usually a him because I tend to like and get invested in pretty much every female FE character. But most of the time I'll try again, since I don't want to lose anyone- especially when I'm playing FE7, because imo that game has the best story and characters by a long shot. Not that the other games have bad stories or characters, necessarily... They just never really get quite as consistently strong, distinct and memorable as Blazing Sword's do.

That is generally my same strategy honestly, albeit I try to make formations in such a way that I generally stay out of enemy ranges unless I purposefully want to aggro an enemy, and also in a way where I can feed exp to certain units if an opportunity arises.

And with the character attachment, it's always been a kind of problem for me that I get attached to almost every character I meet; not even in FE, but in practically everything I play/read/watch/etc.

19 hours ago, Pirate King Swann said:

Hey! Long time lurker here, decided to make an account to maybe get out of my shell a bit and also because work gets really boring. It actually took me about a week or so to sign up once I decided to because I have the hardest time coming up with usernames, lol.

I got into FE back in 2014 with Awakening, and I've since played FE4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, and 15.

Outside of video games I also like some anime/manga, webcomics, and I do a bit of writing/drawing/worldbuilding. I love talking about my project, and I've been making good progress on it lately which is very exciting!

Sorry if my intro is a bit vague, it's a bad habit of mine but I also don't want to subject anyone to a massive text wall of stuff nobody's interested in lol 

Wow, you played all those FE games in 4 years... with a job? I'm impressed!

Oh, do you draw? I do too! If you feel comfortable, I'm interested in seeing what you've made ^^ If you don't want to share though, there's no pressure. That "project," too. You've intrigued me :rolleyes:

And trust me, massive text walls aren't anything new. Don't forget you're on a forum. Big text walls are kind of an obligation here, lmao

On 10/21/2018 at 9:53 AM, Leftie said:

Wow, you played all those FE games in 4 years... with a job? I'm impressed!

Oh, do you draw? I do too! If you feel comfortable, I'm interested in seeing what you've made ^^ If you don't want to share though, there's no pressure. That "project," too. You've intrigued me :rolleyes:

And trust me, massive text walls aren't anything new. Don't forget you're on a forum. Big text walls are kind of an obligation here, lmao

lol yeah, but I've only had this job for a year, so I had a lot a free time for the majority of those 4 years.

Sure! Though I only have a couple blurry, abandoned WIPs - I haven't really done a lot of drawing since I got out of high school, unfortunately. I will change that, though.

Spoiler

20181022_234348.jpg.7b084f4f1a18c09dab284677421c69af.jpg

I was experimenting with my style here. I got this idea of a god who was the only creature in the world, and they were very lonely, so they shattered themself into a million pieces, and those pieces became the first humans. I didn't really go anywhere with the idea though. That said, if I were to redraw this, I'd also give them more arms and maybe legs? It depends whether or not I could figure out a way for it to look good.

20181022_234500.jpg.b3d7c141b34b44c2210d985893dbac6f.jpg

I was drawing my Etrian Odyssey 4 team, also experimenting with my style a little.

What about you? I mean if you don't feel like sharing any of your work that's fine - it's always cool to meet another artist anyway!

My project is a webcomic. I was thinking about making a thread about it in the creative forum at some point, though I'm not too sure if I should when it's so much of a WIP for now. I'm still early-ish in the plotting phase, having scrapped many ideas in the past 5-6 years, but I'm 100% positive that this current version is the one I'm going to stick with. It's a fantasy about a fugitive witch who's after a powerful spirit with the ability to alter memories that she accidentally released into the mortal world.

Edited by Pirate King Swann

15 hours ago, Pirate King Swann said:

lol yeah, but I've only had this job for a year, so I had a lot a free time for the majority of those 4 years.

Sure! Though I only have a couple blurry, abandoned WIPs - I haven't really done a lot of drawing since I got out of high school, unfortunately. I will change that, though.

Hide contents

20181022_234348.jpg.7b084f4f1a18c09dab284677421c69af.jpg

I was experimenting with my style here. I got this idea of a god who was the only creature in the world, and they were very lonely, so they shattered themself into a million pieces, and those pieces became the first humans. I didn't really go anywhere with the idea though. That said, if I were to redraw this, I'd also give them more arms and maybe legs? It depends whether or not I could figure out a way for it to look good.

20181022_234500.jpg.b3d7c141b34b44c2210d985893dbac6f.jpg

I was drawing my Etrian Odyssey 4 team, also experimenting with my style a little.

What about you? I mean if you don't feel like sharing any of your work that's fine - it's always cool to meet another artist anyway!

My project is a webcomic. I was thinking about making a thread about it in the creative forum at some point, though I'm not too sure if I should when it's so much of a WIP for now. I'm still early-ish in the plotting phase, having scrapped many ideas in the past 5-6 years, but I'm 100% positive that this current version is the one I'm going to stick with. It's a fantasy about a fugitive witch who's after a powerful spirit with the ability to alter memories that she accidentally released into the mortal world.

Wow, you're a really good artist!! I'm impressed!

As for my own art uhhh  h h h h h hh h hh im very self conscious abt showing it anD I HAVENT DRAWN ANYTHING NEW IN A REALLY LONG TIME but uhHHH 

(warning: a lot of furry trash incoming)

Spoiler

5bcfa0d2e33c2_digitigrademattyref.thumb.png.8591b9fbdf879066d233fb1467a248ba.png

a ref of my main sona--

hewwo__by_iamleftie-dclbnsl.png.e2f9e8d786bb49d26bccfc023e67f3e9.png

A bust of him

he_slep_by_iamleftie-dci9cqd.thumb.png.726c3874a43ede9c2c4e88ef746b7a50.png

A tryhard drawing of him (I DRAW MY FURSONA A LOT CANT YOU TELL)

and finalllyyyyy fanart for another game!!!

2ac2012f0e8c96457b121f7a21db6736-dch86d9.thumb.png.99399b0cd2551e5b3628e82eb816fe54.png

and oooo, thats an interesting idea :o im kinda interested in making a game like fe that has its own story and stuff anD FURRIES

13 minutes ago, Leftie said:

As for my own art uhhh  h h h h h hh h hh im very self conscious abt showing it anD I HAVENT DRAWN ANYTHING NEW IN A REALLY LONG TIME but uhHHH 

Reveal hidden contents

5bcfa0d2e33c2_digitigrademattyref.thumb.png.8591b9fbdf879066d233fb1467a248ba.png

a ref of my main sona--

A bust of him

2ac2012f0e8c96457b121f7a21db6736-dch86d9.thumb.png.99399b0cd2551e5b3628e82eb816fe54.png

and oooo, thats an interesting idea :o im kinda interested in making a game like fe that has its own story and stuff anD FURRIES

YOU ARE ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD. That's the thing about artists, we are are worst critic, but seriously, u draw better than me. AND UMMMMMM YEAH CRINGE ALERT. I CANT DRAW HANDS OR FACES SOOOOOOO. That's why they don't have hands or faces.......

Spoiler

IMG_1951.JPG

IMG_1952.JPG

IMG_1953.JPG

IMG_1954.JPG

IMG_1955.JPG

5 minutes ago, Robin126 said:

YOU ARE ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD. That's the thing about artists, we are are worst critic, but seriously, u draw better than me. AND UMMMMMM YEAH CRINGE ALERT. I CANT DRAW HANDS OR FACES SOOOOOOO. That's why they don't have hands or faces.......

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_1951.JPG

IMG_1952.JPG

IMG_1953.JPG

IMG_1954.JPG

IMG_1955.JPG

they be broken images, fyi. and noOOOOO IT COULD BE BETTER

Hi guys, I've lurked here for awhile, and made an account a couple months ago, but I'm just now being active. My first fire emblem was Blazing Sword, shortly before Echoes came out. Since then I've played most of Sacred Stones, the entirety of Echoes, and I'm on my first playthrough of FE4. But I still have a good idea of what goes on in the games I haven't played yet. 

I also wish to dabble in romhacking. It's a pleasure to meet you all!

Just now, LordlingCale said:

Hi guys, I've lurked here for awhile, and made an account a couple months ago, but I'm just now being active. My first fire emblem was Blazing Sword, shortly before Echoes came out. Since then I've played most of Sacred Stones, the entirety of Echoes, and I'm on my first playthrough of FE4. But I still have a good idea of what goes on in the games I haven't played yet. 

You're playing Genealogy? Good luck, I heard it's really hard :V

and romhacking... that ain't easy. but if you're determined enough to learn to make something i'd be glad to play it ^^

6 hours ago, Leftie said:

Hide contents

a ref of my main sona--

A bust of him

Hey you're a good artist too! Your style is pretty cool. Have you thought about playing the Tellius duology? I don't think laguz count as furries, but they're people with animal features and can shapeshift into animals. They're my favorite games in the series :^_^:

5 hours ago, LordlingCale said:

FE4 is one of my favorite FE games! Despite the massive maps and the horror that is dragging your entire army through massive deserts, lol. Hope you enjoy it!

Hello all, I just made an account here and wanted to pop in and say hi! I'm actually a newbie when it comes to the Fire Emblem series, I'm playing Heroes now, the only game I played before that was Birthright. I got into Heroes because I was bored one day and wanted to play a good phone game, and was like "hey Fire Emblem, I played something like this before and it was pretty good" and now I'm hooked. I've played other strategy RPGs before but this is my first gacha game. I like collecting stuff and used to play Pokemon alot, which sort of made me facepalm when I saw that IVs were in Heroes. FEH is where I was introduced to almost the entire cast and it's making me want to play the original games to see what the characters were like in their own games (was Hector OP af in his game too? Was Myrrh still super cute?). My dream in FEH is to have a +10 Brave Veronica because I'm sadistic and like running horse emblem, of which I've progressed to only having a +0 F2P Veronica, but I will settle for pulling an archer Hinoka for now because her art is bad ass and she was my main partner in combat in Birthright. Also I like memes and think Xx_l00t_xX 360 noscope is hilarious. :lol:

Hm... hi? I’m “new” here and finally decided to.... yknow? Interact with other people

either way, im naga, divine dragon yada yada yada all that stuff you probably already heard. Nice to meetcha

Hi.

It's been a while since I've actually joined a forum. I'm more a Discord person now, and that's kinda how i ended up here.

I'm not a troll, but this is the name I've had for a long time, and intend to stick with it til the end.

Played everything up to FE13, then real life happened, hopefully I'll have time to catch up eventually.

Heyo. Generic FE fan here. I like each and every one of the games, and I thought about how making an alt here was almost mandatory. It is, in fact, these forums seem pretty good so far.

also winter hector reskin when

Hello, I've been a fan for only almost two years now and thinking of a fan project. i'm also working on a fanfiction saga as well. This place always makes my bad days better and I always have a smile while here. Thanks for the good times in the forum. 

Hiya people. I'm Tootsie. I play Fire Emblem I guess. I've used Serene's Forest guides and junks for a long time, but I usually use r/fireemblem for fire emblem stuff. I decided to expand my reach so that I can find new people to criticize my stuff, play FE Drafts, and all sorts of stuff! Sooo yeah. I would love to start talking and contributing the community!

Hey there, everybody. I'm Digital. Like all of you, I'm a Fire Emblem fan. I got my account on here ages ago, but I've been avoiding posting things, so I decided to introduce myself at long last. I've played Awakening, Fates, Echoes, and Path of Radiance through to the end. I'm working on Blazing Sword and Radiant Dawn right now, both of which I'm roughly halfway through. 

Recently, I've been working on a series regarding Fates. I'm doing a rewrite of the storyline with what I feel are necessary improvements to touch up the plot. I'm planning on doing extra supports, rewriting some I feel need it, and adding other side moments from throughout the universe as well. I have big plans for it in the future, and I hope that some of you will look into it as the project gets further along. 

I'm excited to get to know all of you! 

On 14/5/2018 at 11:41 PM, Soleater said:

As a rule, Serenes Forest has it so that you can't start a topic until you have posted a certain number of times, outside of Far from the Forest.  However, for those who wanted to get to know everyone before they hit that quota, make some friends, or wanted to know the basics of the forums (not that I'm an expert, to be fair), here's the place to do it!

No need to keep it just to introductions though!  You can chat and hang out here as long as you want - no need to be shy!  Have it at it! ^^

MOD EDIT: I know you mean well, but the New Topic thing was yanked because some spammers abused it.  The last thing I want to deal with is another spamwave, but with the spam inside of existing topics.  That's why I tell people to PM me for the actual number.  Or, they can use the Search function, and see that I tell people to PM me.

If there are any questions regarding the rules/how to use this forum, feel free to send the mods a PM.  That's what they're there for!

lol