Newbie Meet 'n Greet

Soleater

56 minutes ago, Kael said:

Um hi I'm new to fire emblem and this place. I haven't used some kind of forums in a very long time so I guess you could say I'm new to this as well. 

So far I've only played and Beaten 1 routes of Fire Emblem 3 Houses but I plan to play most of the other games eventually. Currently I am playing FE7 and Echoes simultaneously. Im on chapter 27 of FE7 and it's really brutal for a newb like me 😞

I only just started Echoes and I'm liking it a lot so far. Oh and I did the Verdant Wind route of fe3h so far and I'm over halfway done with Azure Moon. 

If you couldn't tell already I'm very unorganized with my thoughts and also what games I'm playing. 

Anyways, I'm glad to be here and I hope everyone here is also super nice and friendly.

Welcome to the forest! I hope you'll enjoy your stay. Ch. 27 is Cog of Destiny, right?

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Benice said:

Welcome to the forest! I hope you'll enjoy your stay. Ch. 27 is Cog of Destiny, right?

Hi hi thank you 

I'm not sure I haven't actually started it yet, I only finished chapter 26x. I'm a little sad though because I lost Oswin and Legault at the very end and didn't have the patience to go alll the way back to the beginning...again. I'm very bad at these games. 

12 minutes ago, Kael said:

Hi hi thank you 

I'm not sure I haven't actually started it yet, I only finished chapter 26x. I'm a little sad though because I lost Oswin and Legault at the very end and didn't have the patience to go alll the way back to the beginning...again. I'm very bad at these games. 

Don't worry about it, the fact that you made it through 26 proves that you're fine, at least by my definition. The trick to Cog of Destiny is that there are ways to avoid the reinforcements, but I'll only elaborate for you if you want it lest I spoil your run for you.

Enjoy!

17 minutes ago, Benice said:

Don't worry about it, the fact that you made it through 26 proves that you're fine, at least by my definition. The trick to Cog of Destiny is that there are ways to avoid the reinforcements, but I'll only elaborate for you if you want it lest I spoil your run for you.

Enjoy!

Reinforcements always catch me off guard and I really don't like the feeling of letting one of my units die so I think I will gladly accept any tips for this next chapter.

Also, I added you on Heroes! I hope you don't mind ^^; 

9 minutes ago, Kael said:

Reinforcements always catch me off guard and I really don't like the feeling of letting one of my units die so I think I will gladly accept any tips for this next chapter.

All right then! 

Many of the reinforcements in this chapter are triggered by moving across certain parts of the map:

27.png.9583ed87b46ba5f96537e14c23101f58.png

Reinforcements will be triggered whenever you enter the numbered boxes; Vaida will also appear as a reinforcement right where the player starts; have Eliwood talk to her when she does to recruit her.

This website also will explain things far better than I can:https://www.fireemblemwod.com/fe7/guiafe7/ENG_capitulo27efe7.htm

16 minutes ago, Kael said:

Also, I added you on Heroes! I hope you don't mind ^^; 

No problem! 

Good luck with the chapter!

28 minutes ago, Benice said:

All right then! 

Many of the reinforcements in this chapter are triggered by moving across certain parts of the map:

27.png.9583ed87b46ba5f96537e14c23101f58.png

Reinforcements will be triggered whenever you enter the numbered boxes; Vaida will also appear as a reinforcement right where the player starts; have Eliwood talk to her when she does to recruit her.

This website also will explain things far better than I can:https://www.fireemblemwod.com/fe7/guiafe7/ENG_capitulo27efe7.htm

No problem! 

Good luck with the chapter!

Thank you! I appreciate this very much 😄 

I joined Serenes Forest this morning, so hey. My first FE game was Awakening which I started to play a few years ago, and I'm now literally addicted to FE (send help), but probably a majority of people in the forums are also addicted to it as well. I started to play the newer games and older games until FE suddenly became my addiction.

My favorite FE games are 3H (captured me. I'm addicted to it help), Genealogy of the Holy War, and Awakening. I'm gonna say that the story how I got into FE is kind of weird. It was from Smash Brothers, which is weird since a majority of the people in the Smash community hate FE, but I got into it from SSB. Being a Smash-FE fan is hard!

I'm also into Wings of Fire, Warriors (somewhat; I've only read like two books), Flight Rising, Pokemon, Mario and just about anything related to fantasy and Nintendo.

^-^

27 minutes ago, Adrestian_Emperor said:

I joined Serenes Forest this morning, so hey. My first FE game was Awakening which I started to play a few years ago, and I'm now literally addicted to FE (send help), but probably a majority of people in the forums are also addicted to it as well. I started to play the newer games and older games until FE suddenly became my addiction.

My favorite FE games are 3H (captured me. I'm addicted to it help), Genealogy of the Holy War, and Awakening. I'm gonna say that the story how I got into FE is kind of weird. It was from Smash Brothers, which is weird since a majority of the people in the Smash community hate FE, but I got into it from SSB. Being a Smash-FE fan is hard!

I'm also into Wings of Fire, Warriors (somewhat; I've only read like two books), Flight Rising, Pokemon, Mario and just about anything related to fantasy and Nintendo.

^-^

Welcome to the forest! I too am a fan of Wings of Fire and used to read the Warriors books. (Ah, the days of yore in grade three when I was allowed to read it in English class instead of poetry) I hope that we'll get along and that you'll enjoy your stay!

Hello Forest! It's nice to meet everybody! 😊

Stumbled upon Fates Conquest, having no clue what Fire Emblem was - got hooked pretty hard.

Lately, I just cleared Shadows of Valentia, done with all but the Church path in 3H and I'm slowly learnin' my way through Heroes 😤.

Edited by DragonSnackies

Hey, I'm new as well, It's nice to meet you all. I've played most of the games aside from Tellius because I didn't have the consoles, but I haven't been able to play in years because my consoles either wore out or my cat got ahold of them. Right now I just have 3h

thanks for outlining the rules. I'm still a novice so I posted on an old post and got flagged for necroposting lol. I was like omg what did I do wrong. but yeah I'm new here and fan of fire emblem three houses! 

11 hours ago, kittykatie said:

thanks for outlining the rules. I'm still a novice so I posted on an old post and got flagged for necroposting lol. I was like omg what did I do wrong. but yeah I'm new here and fan of fire emblem three houses! 

Hey, I'm sure everyone has done it at least once. I know I did at first. Good people in here so relax and discuss!

On 5/3/2020 at 12:14 AM, grinus said:

Hey, I'm sure everyone has done it at least once. I know I did at first. Good people in here so relax and discuss!

To be fair, there's a little check box that said "I read the rules" in order to make an account.

Which reminds me. . .anyone with questions about said rules can PM me.

Hello all! I'm new to this forum (obviously) but not to Fire Emblem. I have been playing since Sacred Stones on the gba and I recently decided to join a FE forum because I want to rant about the rng in Blazing Sword lol. I'm trying to train my characters in the Arena but man is the rng hard on me xD. My favorite FE is Radiant Dawn but Sacred Stones is a close second. I currently own Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones, Fates (both), Shadow Dragon,  Awakening, and Three Houses. I'm still playing through Three Houses but I'm double-fisting that and Blazing Sword right now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

I'm enjoying my time here at the Forest so far, and look forward to getting to know you all even more!

I was just wondering, does anyone know of a casual hangout/chat thread? I've seen a couple that are hangouts for a specific subject, but I'm curious to see if there is a place for people to gather and chat about anything in a thread. I always enjoy that small sense of community such places can harbor!

I've considered making one of my own at some point, maybe themed after a meeting place or crossroads in a forest. I assume this kinda thing would be posted under Far from the Forest. I'm going to spend some more time in the forums in general before trying to create such a thing, just in case anything already exists, or it clashes with something.

Let me know if you have any recommendations, or if a neutral hangout place is something that appeals to you! 😊

I'm not really a newbie, but it's been a while since I last visited the forums, so I might as well reintroduce myself. I'm Caliburn, I used to hang around in the IRC chat before the age of Discord, but I eventually dropped from that after a while. My first FE game was Awakening (I'm that kind of trash, yes), and I've been hooked on the franchise ever since. I'm playing through Genealogy and Sacred Stones right now, and they're both pretty fun. Outside of FE, I love coming up with characters and stories and game ideas in my head, although actually doing something with them is... trickier than I'd like for it to be. But I have actually drawn and written stuff, so it's not like I've got nothing to show for all my talk! Just... don't hold your breath on any of my bigger ideas, please.

That being said, I dunno how long I'll end up sticking around for this time, but hopefully this'll be a nice experience.

9 hours ago, Caliburn Absolute said:

That being said, I dunno how long I'll end up sticking around for this time, but hopefully this'll be a nice experience.

Nice to meet you!! I hope I'll see you around the forums during your stay 🙂

Your icon is very cute btw!

On 5/27/2020 at 7:07 AM, Tylwyth Teg said:

was just wondering, does anyone know of a casual hangout/chat thread?

Sorry about the slow response, but I believe there is an SF discord chat room; I haven't checked it out, but I think it's just a place to chill and talk.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Sorry about the slow response, but I believe there is an SF discord chat room; I haven't checked it out, but I think it's just a place to chill and talk.

Thanks Benice!

I'll take a look at that. I don't usually enjoy Discord rooms too much (the fast pace is so hard to keep up with! And there's something more enjoyable about catching up reading through a forum.)

That said, I'm having a great time just existing in the forums in general, with or without a hangout thread 🙂

Hi! My name is Annie and I've been reading this forum for several months, finally decided to post and say hi. I am writing to you from my small real estate in Sanremo, Italy here. We finally can walk and enjoy life. If you feel like chatting you can always send me a message and I will be happy to have a chat. Stay safe!

Hi guys! I've been using SF's ressources for years but just have subscribed today since I've discovered Mekkah's channel. I'm a huge fan of FE: I mainly played 6-7-8, Awakening and Fates and now I'm on FE9 which I have never finished yet.

FE7 is by far my favourite and the very first FE I've played. FE8 could have been my favourite if it wasn't so short, I feel like the game's lore is completely unexploited... 😞

That's being said, have a nice day and see you around!