Newbie Meet 'n Greet

Soleater

Hello! I've scrolled through the Serenes Forums quite a lot and I felt I should make an account. I've played all the most recent mainline games (so Awakening, all three paths of Fates, Echoes, and Three Houses) (not Silver Snow, though. I've almost completed Azure Moon but the endgame level is hell) + both of Sacred Stones's routes. I've been into FE for what's nearing six years if I'm remembering correctly, since it's been almost six years after I got my first game in the series, Birthright. Anyways now that I have an account I'll probably still just scroll through various things here a bunch :P 

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings ! 

I was aware that Serenes Forest was a thing for a long while , back when I watched ragefest contests on GBA FE Rom hacks , as well as the content of other FE tubers like Mekkah. However , I admit that I hesitated to join since I'm fairly unfamiliar with how forums tend to operate , but ultimately chose to do it since Iv'e been getting very invested in Engage's pre-release marketing cycle. While I could catch the few translations and small threads surrounding the game on Twitter... Well , it's Twitter , so I thought that going to a place which regroup more dedicated FE players could offer me very different discussions and an overall more precise summary of the daily news from the JP FE twitter account. (I even already checked a few of the articles here , they go really in depth and pretty much analyze all those video snippets and caught quite a lot of stuff that I didn't.)

My first exposition to anything FE related were Marth and Roy in Melee , but the subspace emissary is what made me remember Marth and Ike. I then went on to play Fire Emblem Awakening around 2013 I think ? And I kind of spent more than a thousand hours in that game doing multiple playthroughs and different strategies each time , I ended up loving how satisfying the core gameplay loop was , especially how the risk/reward with permadeath heavily encouraged me to think about each action and not mindlessly sack units. The characters were a treat as well , Henry is my favorite from this game. 

I then went on to play Fates Conquest , Revelation and finally Birthright (much later on the last one). I adored all the gameplay tweaks that were added , especially how pairing up was much more balanced and was overall in full control of the player , as well as fixing how overpowered the reclassing system was. I think I spent even more time on this title than Awakening , in fact , I'm pretty sure I tripled that play time due to my repeated playthroughs and grinding for online PvP. Once again , I really enjoyed the characters , especially the ones from Nohr. My favorite had to be Camilla because I chose to do a classic playthrough and chapter 10 was a pretty terrifying experience , so I really needed her support to get me through this mid game lol.

I also played 3H and SoV fully baring their respective DLCs , but I spent much less time on them. I think 3H is a good game , but it's also VERY DIFFERENT from previous entries and the overall pacing of the game detracted me from attempting repeated playthroughs. But I can respect it for trying to shake up the formula and do something fresh , and hey , it has Bernie , I vibe with her , I love to OH KO all units with a vengence build on her--

SoV was a very fun experience even with the sometimes downright cruel map design , but since every unit is deployable , repeated playthroughs don't offer much replayability baring villager classes. I did however liked it a lot , it was really interesting to play a much more slow paced entry that rewarded utilizing everyone even if there was a clear power gap between characters.

All of that to say , I hope i'll have a good time here ! Just for clarification , I'm french , so I apologize for any weird grammatical errors or if I refer to a character's name by their VF translation without realizing it. And for those curious , my pfp is Geno from SMRPG , I adore that game. The source of the pic is the SMRPG color key of Loopylupe.

4 minutes ago, Loliko said:

Greetings ! 

Welcome to the forest! We hope you'll have a wonderful day and that you'll enjoy your stay.

Je pense qu'il y a plusieures membres ici qui sont Francais, donc vous ne seriez pas tout seule!

(Pardon pour ma grammaire horrible! La francais est ma deuxieme langue, et il y a longuetemps depuis la derniere temps que j'ai l'utilizé)

Hello! 

I've come across this site a few times over the years since its Pokemon and FE resources have been very helpful. Currently I am in the middle of going through The Sacred Stones on Hard and had come as far as Chapter 14. Its frustrating almost perfectly getting up to recruit Fennec but then either my General, Gilliam gets hit by a berserk spell for 6-7 turns or half my units get hit by sleep magic.

Edited by Godsmith
clarifying

On 12/23/2022 at 10:56 PM, Benice said:

Welcome to the forest! We hope you'll have a wonderful day and that you'll enjoy your stay.

Je pense qu'il y a plusieures membres ici qui sont Francais, donc vous ne seriez pas tout seule!

(Pardon pour ma grammaire horrible! La francais est ma deuxieme langue, et il y a longuetemps depuis la derniere temps que j'ai l'utilizé)

Thanks a lot for the welcome ! I couldn't answer right away , it seems that there is a daily limit to how many messages you can post to avoid spam accounts.

And no worries , it's very intelligible even with the few grammar errors. French is a notoriously stubborn langage with lot of strange grammar rules that even native people don't understand , so the fact that you learned it to start with is already very impressive. It's also pretty hard to speak it , since it's a very monotone langage compared to english that emphasize specific parts of the sentence.

Looking forward to interact with the fellow frenchies here.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody! Long time series fan, but with Engage coming up I've realized I never really engaged with the fandom, so I figured now's as good a time as any to start. I started properly back in the GameCube era and I've been pushing myself to go through the older games (or at least the remakes which I accidentally skipped). Even though FE's been a beloved franchise of mine for a long time, there's still a lot I have to learn.

6 hours ago, FangzV said:

Hello everybody! Long time series fan, but with Engage coming up I've realized I never really engaged with the fandom, so I figured now's as good a time as any to start. I started properly back in the GameCube era and I've been pushing myself to go through the older games (or at least the remakes which I accidentally skipped). Even though FE's been a beloved franchise of mine for a long time, there's still a lot I have to learn.

Welcome to the forest! We hope that you'll have a great day and that you'll enjoy your stay.

17 hours ago, Benice said:

Welcome to the forest! We hope that you'll have a great day and that you'll enjoy your stay.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! It looks like I will; the vibes around here are very welcoming. 

It's been a loooong time since I've been on a forum, and I don't have that much to contribute, so it'll probably take me a bit to really settle in. Though if nothing else, I've definitely got my eyes on that writing thread.

I've been to Serenes Forest plenty of times for information on games, but I never actually decided to make an account until now. I've been playing Fire Emblem since 2017, and the mainline games I've played as of now are Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Awakening, Fates, and Three Houses. I'm planning on playing Engage when it comes out in a few days.

Hello! Long time player of the series since FE7 and was looking for a much more civil place converse about the games. Back when I was deep into discussion I spent a lot of time around gamefaqs but since then real life took over and I have significantly less patience to deal with the donkeys that plague those lands, donkey being a replacement for a certain homophonic explicative. I have some opinions on Engage after the first three chapters and would like to get them off my mind.

Greetings,

I’ve had an account for a bit— but I’ve decided now is a good time to start going around and looking, but decided to introduce myself first, if that’s okay.

Well, my first Fire Emblem was Awakening, like a lotta people— but I was enticed to play it because of Smash Bros. So I did, and then I later picked up Fates because I liked it so much.

I stopped being interested after I got Echoes— but it wasn’t that fun, so I dropped off. Then, in 2021, I wanted to get into it again and decided to go back to the start and find out what made the series tick!

Still going strong to this day— hope I can make some friends here!

2 hours ago, ~Josh, Hero of the Ages~ said:

but decided to introduce myself first, if that’s okay.

It's wonderful! We hope that you'll have a great day and that you'll enjoy your stay.

Hello there, I'm Kaizerthewriter, and I'm a fan of Fire Emblem.

I like a challenge in my games with a hint of fun, and when I started to see how tough the Fire Emblem games could be, even on the lowest settings, I gravitated around it like a moth to a glass covered lantern.

I also write fanfics, and am currently thinking about writing a fanfic for FE Engage after I complete the game.

Hello. I am WaterKirby1964. I am a casual gamer who loves video games in general and I am a huge fan of retro gaming and fighting games.

I first heard of Fire Emblem from when Super Smash Bros. Melee introduced Marth, became interested in Fire Emblem since Path of Radiance, I love everything about Fire Emblem, the story, characters and etc. As of now, I am a huge fan of Fire Emblem.

Hello all, I go by Star or Starry & I kinda went into a major obsession spiral w/ the games back when I got Fates: Conquest for Christmas the year it came out when I kinda put it on my wishlist out of casual interest. Cue my hungrily gobbling up it then moving onto Birthright, & Revelations almost immediately afterwards. Then I got later the gift of the limited edition of Shadow of Valencia & to this day I wear the enamel overworld sprite of Celica that came with the game on my hat I wear everywhere. And I recently reignited my desire to work on Fire Emblem fan games & thought making an account here would be a good place to look into how to make a fan game that is like, mechanically & functionally satisfying cuz my background is a lot less in game design as it is art & story stuff.

3 hours ago, Bob50328 said:

This has been your notification that I now exist.

We are glad that you now exist! We hope that you'll have a great day and that you'll enjoy your stay.

On 1/31/2023 at 5:47 PM, Stardustsappho said:

Hello all

Welcome to the forest! We hope that you'll find the resources and discussions you're looking for.

On 1/31/2023 at 5:47 PM, Stardustsappho said:

And I recently reignited my desire to work on Fire Emblem fan games & thought making an account here would be a good place to look into how to make a fan game that is like, mechanically & functionally satisfying cuz my background is a lot less in game design as it is art & story stuff.

This is a decent place for that! If you're plan to use FEBuilder to make a fangame in the GBA games' engine, FEUniverse is also a good place to be. If you'd rather go the route of SRPG Studio, the community discord is probably the best bet. Still, there's also plenty here!

Greetings! I'm a long-time FE player and have used Serenes for information a lot but like many, I hadn't really tried out interacting with the fanbase at large. Playing Engage just kind of scratched the itch for me to indulge in with Fire Emblem more so I decided to finally give the forums a try (it's also been a hot while since I've used forums in the first place).

My favorite FEs are Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance, with Lyon prob being my favorite FE character in the entire series. I'm still missing a couple of FEs to finish (Genealogy, Thracia776, the DS remakes) but hopefully I'll get to it now that I'm in the FE mood.

Pleased to meet you.

14 minutes ago, hanazono said:

Greetings!

Welcome to the forest! Lots of people here are buzzing about Engage, so I hope you'll find the discussion you're looking for.

15 minutes ago, hanazono said:

My favorite FEs are Sacred Stones

Slay.

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya papaya! I'm Sanngriðr, and I've been a fan of this series for, like, 7 years? Something like that? 

My first games were Genealogy and BSFE that I somehow got to play on my tablet as a kid, but I completely forgot about these games until I downloaded Heroes on launch day. I have since played every single game in the series.

My favorite game is Fates, and my three favorite characters all come from it, including my favorite fictional character ever! It's Camilla the princess of Nohr and Queen of slaying! 

I have scrolled through Serenes Forest forums several times across the years, and felt like finally joining, so... Here I am!

I apologize if I have made typos or if I ever do in the future, as I am French and as such English isn't my main language. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I'm Violet, but you can call me Vi or Psyche. I'm new to FE; got into it mainly because of best girl Lucina 😅 Basically I have a friend who's really into Awakening and loves Lucina, so you can blame him for me being here 😛

I'm not very far into the franchise just yet - I've watched a playthrough of Awakening and am currently playing Sacred Stones and Heroes - but I hope to be able to play more of it and get to know the characters more!

I hope we can all get along! 😊

On 3/19/2023 at 8:04 AM, UltraViolet said:

Hello! I'm Violet, but you can call me Vi or Psyche. I'm new to FE; got into it mainly because of best girl Lucina 😅 Basically I have a friend who's really into Awakening and loves Lucina, so you can blame him for me being here 😛

I'm not very far into the franchise just yet - I've watched a playthrough of Awakening and am currently playing Sacred Stones and Heroes - but I hope to be able to play more of it and get to know the characters more!

Welcome!

Also, someone has excellent taste! XD

On 3/19/2023 at 8:04 AM, UltraViolet said:

Everybody seems to ‘round here for the most part 

Welcome aboard