Jump to content
Soleater

Newbie Meet 'n Greet

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Francie said:

That makes sense.

I might stop by 

and say hi

Alright then!  I have yet to post anything, but some of the stuff on there already is really good!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Soleater said:

Alright then!  I have yet to post anything, but some of the stuff on there already is really good!!

I'll be the judge of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Legends di Angelo said:

Heyo. I’m legends di Angelo. I’ve been on for a while but haven’t really done anything. Anyone know how to post a forum?

Heyo too!  You need to make a certain amount of posts in other forums before the site will allow you to start topics; I can pm you the number, if you want?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Soleater said:

I can see why Weapon rank bonuses would be looked into, but aren't dual strike/guard rates listed in game?

You've...done Lunatic plus?  Wow, congrats to you because I can't even get past Lunatic regular.

They are listed in game, but I needed to calculate them in advance for whatever reason at some point. I think I was trying to figure out if I really needed dual strike+ on Lucina after using rallies/tonics (probably for Apotheosis or something).

Thanks! I've been through it 5 to 7 times now (don't remember the exact number), but I have yet to do a run where I don't use DLC to grind after chapter 4. Not gonna lie, any difficulty lower than Lunatic/Lunatic+ with or without grinding is a lot more enjoyable than resetting after not checking for skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Francie said:

What if I spam with relevant and interesting topics? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

Don't spam.  I'll warn you.

I mean, if you're a FE fan, then there's got to be a topic or two that you can respond to, without invoking the necroposting rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Simpsons138 said:

Greetings everyone, name's Simpsons138, was lurking on the site for a while and now I'm a full member, hope to get along here

Welcome!  I'm familiar with lurking around too, so I'm glad to see you here!

11 hours ago, BoltofThoron said:

They are listed in game, but I needed to calculate them in advance for whatever reason at some point. I think I was trying to figure out if I really needed dual strike+ on Lucina after using rallies/tonics (probably for Apotheosis or something).

Thanks! I've been through it 5 to 7 times now (don't remember the exact number), but I have yet to do a run where I don't use DLC to grind after chapter 4. Not gonna lie, any difficulty lower than Lunatic/Lunatic+ with or without grinding is a lot more enjoyable than resetting after not checking for skills.

Ah that makes sense then - I forget how useful rallies can be, and I hope they return, since they were actually p balanced in Awakening (since both you and the enemies could use them, and they would only last for one turn), I can see why you'd want to calculate those ahead of time.

JEEZ!  That is...impressive o-o  Is Lunatic that impossible if you don't use eugenics?  Is Lunatic plus even beatable without eugenics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Soleater said:

Ah that makes sense then - I forget how useful rallies can be, and I hope they return, since they were actually p balanced in Awakening (since both you and the enemies could use them, and they would only last for one turn), I can see why you'd want to calculate those ahead of time.

JEEZ!  That is...impressive o-o  Is Lunatic that impossible if you don't use eugenics?  Is Lunatic plus even beatable without eugenics?

Lunatic isn't too bad without eugenics. IMO you just need to get decent skills for most of the units through reclassing, or feed them tonics/stat boosters if they need it. I feel like It's a lot easier in both Lunatic and Lunatic+ to just dump a bunch of experience on Robin though, and let them carry Chrom for the whole game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2018 at 5:43 PM, Soleater said:

Hey, I lurked really hard on these forums too before making an account - I can't blame you for doing so ^^"

I mean, who isn't excited?  What's your hopes for the FE Switch game?  (I mean, besides it having a good story, plot, gameplay, etc. - we all want that I'm pretty sure ^^)

My main hopes for the Switch game are an Avatar character done right (If it HAS to be implemented), beyond that I'd love a return of past elements. (Magic Triangle, Anima Triangle? Dismount for Cavaliers) I want it to be really advanced with lots of potential strategies needing implementation.

On 5/25/2018 at 3:13 PM, Scoot said:

A fan game huh? Sounds cool!

Got any plans for it? I know when I say "I want to make a fan game" what I really mean is "I have ideas floating around but no real means to put them together" ._. But that's just me.

I've got 2 ideas at the moment, but until I polish the personal project, I'm currently tackling a sort of demake/remake of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon. I know there was another project tackling that forever ago but it seems like it died. (It also was taking an approach that I can't see myself taking with a plethora of OCs and what not.) I'm currently working out ideas to diversify the cast a bit more as well as write work-arounds to also trim the fat of the cast. (Like for example I thought to combine the designs of Roshea and Vyland into one character Royland, as I felt the two characters were not individual enough to warrant them both, as well as just the game having too many cavaliers. Other ideas as well such as class changes/alterations and such as well as writing support conversations as well as modify pre-existing ones from FE:11 and 12 to make it feel as genuine as possible.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First time on just any forum in general but I've come here enough for me to want to make an account. I started with Awakening and got really into it so I picked up the older games on the Wii U Eshop and got Fates and Echoes as well. I'm not as knowledgeable as some of the other members (probably cause I've been playing for a shorter amount of time) but I've got some experience under my belt. Glad to see that I have to post a certain amount of times before starting a topic and it's not just me being very confused. Look forward to talking with people on here and possibly getting more well versed in these games :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ashpho Pretty good conversations/discussions in the forums. :)  You should play some of the older titles before moving into Fates & Echoes. Fire Emblem + Fire Emblem Sacred Stones on GBA (I think they are still in E-shop or use GBA-M emulator, FE Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn (Gamecube/Wii) <--Dolphin Emulator. Fire Emblem Immortal Sword on PC. http://www.bwdyeti.com/fe7x/. I didn't care for the Fates series too much but Echoes is pretty decent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, grinus said:

@Ashpho Pretty good conversations/discussions in the forums. :)  You should play some of the older titles before moving into Fates & Echoes. Fire Emblem + Fire Emblem Sacred Stones on GBA (I think they are still in E-shop or use GBA-M emulator, FE Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn (Gamecube/Wii) <--Dolphin Emulator. Fire Emblem Immortal Sword on PC. http://www.bwdyeti.com/fe7x/. I didn't care for the Fates series too much but Echoes is pretty decent. 

I already played Fates before going into the older games sadly. The older games are really fun though I'm kinda mad that I missed them growing up. The only ones on the Eshop are Shadow Dragon, Sacred Stones, and Blazing Sword and I ended up picking up Blazing Sword first which I'm having a really fun time with! I tried getting the Path of Radiance ISO to work on Dolphin but it wouldn't load it for some reason :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone! Long time lurker and even longer Fire Emblem fan here. Happy to finally join you all on the forums!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2018 at 1:36 PM, BoltofThoron said:

Lunatic isn't too bad without eugenics. IMO you just need to get decent skills for most of the units through reclassing, or feed them tonics/stat boosters if they need it. I feel like It's a lot easier in both Lunatic and Lunatic+ to just dump a bunch of experience on Robin though, and let them carry Chrom for the whole game.

Can you do Lunatic without grinding and eugenics, or is it one or the other?

On 5/31/2018 at 7:46 PM, RookofSpades said:

My main hopes for the Switch game are an Avatar character done right (If it HAS to be implemented), beyond that I'd love a return of past elements. (Magic Triangle, Anima Triangle? Dismount for Cavaliers) I want it to be really advanced with lots of potential strategies needing implementation.

Magic Triangle and an Anima Triangle?  Certainly sounds like something that would be fun to play around with!  I personally have mixed feelings on the Avatar character, since I like Robin, but I could see the weaknesses with it (how did Lucina in the Future Past DLC not recognize Chrom's most trusted tactician, at the very least, at worst, her mom).  Corrin exacerbated those shortcomings (why didn't Nohrians change your name when they kidnapped you, the other characters can't get as much time in the sun, I could do on), but I could how it could work.  You could make the Avatar more like something from Mass Effect, where you have a generally set (if I recalled correctly) name, and personality, but you still had freedom with like play style and who you interact with.  So like, if you wanted to make the avatar a more prominent character in the story (like Corrin), you could do something like that.  Or you could sideline them like Kris from the Shadow Dragon remake, but that sort of makes a useless character in my eyes - what's the point of having an avatar at all if they're just vestigial and could be taken out of the final product without anything changing?  I think if they're going to do an avatar, they should be involved with the story, even the main character, but they should have a more set personality and role in the story, like in Mass Effect (but leave the backstory ambiguous enough, like in Skyrim, in order to be able to see it as your character) imo.  If not, they aren't even necessary at all and should be removed.

On 6/1/2018 at 12:48 AM, Ashpho said:

First time on just any forum in general but I've come here enough for me to want to make an account. I started with Awakening and got really into it so I picked up the older games on the Wii U Eshop and got Fates and Echoes as well. I'm not as knowledgeable as some of the other members (probably cause I've been playing for a shorter amount of time) but I've got some experience under my belt. Glad to see that I have to post a certain amount of times before starting a topic and it's not just me being very confused. Look forward to talking with people on here and possibly getting more well versed in these games :D

Welcome!!  Don't worry about it, my knowledge of anything before Awakening comes strictly from wikis, so I'm no expert either ^^""

22 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

Hello everyone! Long time lurker and even longer Fire Emblem fan here. Happy to finally join you all on the forums!

TheLurkerClangrows.

Glad to see you too!!  Welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2018 at 10:08 AM, Soleater said:

Can you do Lunatic without grinding and eugenics, or is it one or the other?

You can do any difficulty without both. If I recall correctly, I beat my first Lunatic run without grinding and no children outside of Lucina. Beating Lunatic+ without both is more difficult, but still possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to actually start showing up around here now.

I joined a little over a year ago, slightly after I started Blazing Blade. I've now completed the entire Archanea remake trilogy and still haven't actually beaten Blazing Blade (I've been doing a blind YouTube playthrough and my hard drive died twice), but I've made some good progress lately, and I should be finishing it over this summer hopefully.

I highly enjoy mythology and looking at how they affect video games. That's one of the reasons I was drawn to Fire Emblem - it takes a lot of names and concepts from mythology, and is very open about that fact. 

So yeah, hi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! I'm Saplings! I'm new! I love fire emblem and recently got into making a Pme, I hope everyone likes me and I learn a thing or two!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone, I'm Primal.

I am a big fan of Nintendo.

I have used this site before for informational uses but I am new to the forums.

At the time of the post of this reply I have played Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones so far.
I'm not very good at Fire Emblem but I find it very enjoyable.

I would like to get into the 3DS FE games but honestly have no clue where to start especially with the whole fates thing because one one side I'm not that good so Birthright sounds better for me, on the other hand I still really like a challenge so Conquest might be better. And then of course there is Awakening and Echoes too (honestly I have no clue which one to get first lol).

Anyways, seems like a pretty cool site, and I'm glad to meet you all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@-Primal- Hey there. Welcome to the forums. You'll very likely enjoy Awakenings so get that first. Get Echoes after that. If you like the story aspects of FE, don't bother with Fates, otherwise, Conquest is okay for its strategy elements. 

@Saplings Welcome to the forums and what is a Pme? Forgive me but I'm old and abbreviations just confuse me now. :) 

Edited by grinus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@grinus Thanks :):

And also thank you for the suggestions.

The story is one of my favorite parts of FE games so I think I'll hold off on fates for now.

Edit: And I'm pretty sure PME stands for Pick My Edits but I might be wrong.

Edited by -Primal-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, hi hello, Basil here

Long time fan, and I've used the site for strategy and info, but this is my first time in the forums.

Love most things Nintendo, and as of right now I have played FE6,7,8, Awakening, Echoes, a bit of Shadow Dragon, and a bit of Thracia. I don't know a lot of people in my daily life who are super into Fire Emblem (at least to the same degree that I am) so looking forward to having some good discussion and all that jazz.

Excited to more formally join the community!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey, i'm Suzy! I'm still somewhat new to FE, and ive only played awakening, but ive played it atleast 5 times(that number is still growing), and i really like it! im hoping ill be able to get another one soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...