Jump to content

Recommended Posts

First things first, thanks to everyone for not stealing this one from me - I was trying to get enough done with my Roy to be able to put some builds others might not expect and would have been sad if someone had snatched him in the meantime.

Brief Overview
As one of the earliest Focus Units, Base Roy isn't amazing compared to some of the newer Units or even his own alts, but he's not mere Feather fodder either like some Units out there. His Base Kit includes Triangle Adept and a PRF weapon that naturally buffs him on defense, that can also be upgraded to give him quite possibly the best B Skill in the game infused into said weapon, meaning your Roy can be a decent Enemy Phase Green/Dragon Killer almost right out of the box. His solid RES means he's also a good Magetank choice in almost any set, and his other stats aren't awful enough to ruin him. On the flipside, though, he can be a bit too well-rounded at times, resulting in a heavier reliance on Boons than some others out there.

5S Level 40 Statline(Bane/Neutral/Boon)
HP - 41/44/47
ATK - 26/30/33
SPD - 27/31/34
DEF - 22/25/29
RES - 25/28/31

Builds(Spoilered for size convenience)
SETUP = (Optimal\Budget, if any\Other, if any)

Enemy Phase Melee Tank(General Play)

Spoiler

Setup
Weapon - Binding Blade(Quick Riposte Upgrade)
Assist - Flexible
Special - Ignis \ Bonfire \ Moonbow
A Slot - Steady Breath \ Fury 3
B Slot - Swordbreaker 3 \ Renewal 3 \ Vantage 3
C Slot - DEF Ploy 3
Sacred Seal - Close DEF 3

Overview
This Roy Build is all about luring enemies in and beating the tar out of them on their turn. If your best Roy is +DEF(hey, it's a Gacha game, it happens to the best of us), this is a solid choice for a Build to run as Ignis and Bonfire both run off of the Unit's DEF. Your Optimal Setup will require you to have a Roderick, a Boey/Leon/Henry/H!Jakob/M!Robin, a Brave Ike, an Abel/Sully/Ike, and an Arvis/Summer Gaius to grant the corresponding Skills to Roy. As this is somewhat specific, especially the Rally, Steady Breath, and DEF Ploy, two of which only appear on a single Unit and the third only available through a GHB Unit and a Seasonal Unit, it's also possible to use an alternate Build with Fury instead of Steady Breath to provide slightly higher ATK at cost of a bit of DEF, but such a Build should probably run either Bonfire or Moonbow to take better advantage of the naturally shorter Charge times.
DEF Ploy is thankfully no longer hard to get, so I don't have a budget alternative for that as it's rather important and you just need to save up Heroic Grails for an Arvis. Swordbreaker is also rather difficult to just swap out, though thankfully it's much easier to obtain than the other Skills involved. In a pinch, Renewal can occasionally be made use of, and Roy has a larger window to have both Vantage and Quick Riposte active at once than other Units due to the Binding Blade's better QR threshold(50% vs QR3's 70%, giving Roy a 25% window to use both QR and Vantage vs others' 5% window). However, both of these Skills are less likely to be useful than Swordbreaker or even Axebreaker.

Issues this Build will run into include Mages, as the Binding Blade didn't get the Distant Counter upgrade most of us hoped it would(but hey, QR+, we ain't complaining), and this Roy thus cannot deal with Ranged assaults unless he manages to tank a round, unlikely against most if not all Blue Mages and several Red Mages, such as Lilina thanks to Forblaze now being a thing. Firesweep weaponry also causes difficulty to this Roy variation, as the Build is centered around his counterattacking potential, which is nullified since he doesn't get to counter such Units.

Enemy Phase Ranged Tank/Sweep Breaker(General Play)

Spoiler

Setup
Weapon - Binding Blade(Quick Riposte Upgrade)
Assist - Flexible
Special - Glacies \ Iceberg \ Sol
A Skill - Distant Counter \ Warding Breath \ Distant DEF 3
B Skill - Null C-Disrupt 3 Red Tomebreaker 3 Vantage 3
C Skill - DEF Ploy 3Odd RES Wave 3
Sacred Seal - Distant DEF 3 \ Warding Stance 3

Overview
Basically the above Build but tinkered to be able to do the same thing to Ranged Units instead of Melee Units thanks to DC. Also manages to double as a Dazzling Staff/Sweep-breaker now that Null C-Disrupt is a thing, and doesn't need to be afraid of Brave Lyn any more for the same reason. Unfortunately, you've gotta have a spare Nailah lying around to make it able to break Sweep Skills, Wrathful Staff, or Brave Lyn, and the Build isn't able to function as it's supposed to without DC, so making this Build properly might be difficult for the average player, though Warding Breath and -Stance might be able to allow you a passable alternate setup if you run a Healing Special, hence Sol in the 'Other' slot. Proper Boon for this would probably be +RES to allow for that slight extra damage off Glacies/Iceberg, and to allow a bit more durability against Mages, though Roy's still probably going to run into problems against Blue Mages and possibly Lilina. Them's the breaks, though.

Player Phase Moonbow Roy(Team-Specific Build; Details in Spoiler)

Spoiler

Setup
Weapon - Brave Sword+
Assist - Flexible, Shove is cheapest option due to being part of Base Kit
Special - Moonbow
A Slot - Swift Sparrow 3
B Slot - Flexible, Breaker Skill recommended
C Slot - Either ATK Wave 3 \ Either SPD Wave 3
Sacred Seal - Heavy Blade 3 \ Flashing Blade 3

Overview
The obligatory oh-look-I-can-Moonbow-every-guy-I-fight Build, with the strange twist of being a Player Phase Build. Death Blow 3 brings my +ATK Roy up to 39 before adding the 8 Might for Brave Sword+, and I used my Support for Roy with Delthea, meaning he gains an additional 6 ATK at turn start if they begin next to each other, and an extra 5 ATK if they are next to each other during battle thanks to Support and Delthea's Drive ATK for a final result of 58 ATK for Heavy Blade. As a mostly Player-Phase Build, the B Slot is flexible - I always love Vantage, but you may find something better, such as Breakers to deal with anything you may have difficulty with. Valentines Hector just not dying thanks to Wary Fighter? Load Axebreaker and skip past that particular nuisance. Ayra's SPD getting to you? Set up Swordbreaker to prevent her from revenge-killing you after you kill someone else. Wave Skills are ideal for C Slot, especially without buffers like Delthea, since they allow Roy to reach decent numbers on his own, though only on the corresponding turns.
Details regarding Team Construction: Though Wave Skills are now a thing, enabling Roy to reach 53 ATK on his own, this Build remains best in specific teams, preferably alongside Rallybots like Eirika or Units with Drive skills and/or the Wave Skill of the opposite type as Roy's(if Roy uses Odd ATK Wave, keep him with a Unit with Even ATK Wave, etc.). Flashing Blade being a Seal means you can now run this Build as a SPD-based setup instead of an ATK-based one, though it's less optimal since Roy can only reach 42 SPD, far less usable a number than the ATK. Either way, Swift Sparrow 3 is now ideal for Roy's A Skill in this Build, though I'm sure most of you would rather see Laegjarn's swimsuit-clad body than have your Player-Phase Roy be less bad you plebians. Still, players without access to a good Rallybot would be better advised to use an Enemy-Phase-oriented variation on this Build, which will be added whenif I find time.


 

 

Edited by SoulWeaver
New build because finally found time, plus Waves and HGs exist now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In order:

- For your first build, your C/S skills are player-phase oriented.  I prefer buffs over debuffs in my C slot for EP units.  Also, Glacies takes a while to charge, so I'd seriously consider something like Luna instead.
- I think Roy's attack is a bit too low to consider a Brave build.  Hell, I think Ogma's a little behind the times in that area.  But, if that's what you want, I've had best luck with a -breaker in the B slot, so that Roy can take a counter from the appropriate weapon and live.

So what can Roy do, besides be ridiculously well-rounded?  His native TA makes him an absolute green killer.  Or, you can capitalize on the fact that an upgraded Binding Blade is also a dragon-slayer.  Combine that with auto-QR3 and the defensive boosts from being attacked, and something like this might work:

Weapon: Binding Blade (QR)
Assist: Flexible
Special: Iceberg
A: Close Def 3/Warding Stance 3/Fury 3
B: Vantage 3/Escape Route 3
C: Flexible
S: Close Def 3

The result is a melee tank that'll double when attacked.  Assuming double Close Def, he'll have 41 Def/44 Res on EP when baiting a melee unit.  Dragons beware!

EDIT: Forgot about Fury.  Silly me!

Edited by eclipse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seconding eclipse about the C/S skills, they're not particularly intuitive to what the other skills are trying to do. 

Also, why no DC? His Res and weapon effect seem pretty well suited for a DC build, no?

 

Also wanted to comment that, as cute as the thread title is, it should be changed to match the format of all the others. It should just be 'Roy, Young Lion'

Edited by BANRYU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're doing very specific builds, you should probably indicate it in the thread title. Otherwise, it is generally expected that the builds being recommended are ones that are designed to optimize the character for content or situations. It's fine to showcase your own builds here if that's your intention, but make sure to indicate that you're doing so if you are.

If you're doing a general analysis, I usually start by looking at the builds on Gamepedia (both the curated ones and the unvetted suggestions) as my launch pad.

 

The first build, as others have mentioned, is all over the place. You're claiming it as an enemy-phase build, but the C skill and Sacred Seal only work on player phase and therefore don't actually help Roy out at all in that role.

For the second build, Roy's base 30 Atk is far too low to make effective use of a Brave Sword, especially when intended to be used with Heavy Blade. The amount of support needed to make this build work is prohibitive to general use. (It's like making a build specifically meant to be used with a Corrin support.)

 

Also as already mentioned, you're missing a Distant Counter build. There's really no need to have actually tested the build out personally if you have a good grasp of how to simulate realistic match-ups on the duel simulators and note key wins and losses.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

COUGHCOUGHIFORGOTTOFOLLOWMYOWNPOSTWHOOPS

12 hours ago, eclipse said:

- For your first build, your C/S skills are player-phase oriented.  I prefer buffs over debuffs in my C slot for EP units.  Also, Glacies takes a while to charge, so I'd seriously consider something like Luna instead.

 

11 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Seconding eclipse about the C/S skills, they're not particularly intuitive to what the other skills are trying to do.

 

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The first build, as others have mentioned, is all over the place. You're claiming it as an enemy-phase build, but the C skill and Sacred Seal only work on player phase and therefore don't actually help Roy out at all in that role.

As I mentioned at the end of the overview, the only reason I have Savage Blow 3 at the moment is because I haven't figured out exactly what I'd like to use for the C Slot(originally it was because I was running a mixed-phase Build before the Binding Blade upgrade happened to convince me to swap to EP). I will be altering it to reflect the desired C Slot once I figure out what that is. Also, I forgot I actually moved my Seals around - my Roy should have one of the Defense Seals(can't remember if it was Close or Distant, I'll be checking it today) at this point in time.

I've gotta run now, but I'll be back later today or tonight and update to add Eclipse's suggestion and address the rest of what was said. Also yeah, the title was just for the first little period as a joke, it should look more normal now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

As I mentioned at the end of the overview, the only reason I have Savage Blow 3 at the moment is because I haven't figured out exactly what I'd like to use for the C Slot(originally it was because I was running a mixed-phase Build before the Binding Blade upgrade happened to convince me to swap to EP). I will be altering it to reflect the desired C Slot once I figure out what that is. Also, I forgot I actually moved my Seals around - my Roy should have one of the Defense Seals(can't remember if it was Close or Distant, I'll be checking it today) at this point in time.

I've gotta run now, but I'll be back later today or tonight and update to add Eclipse's suggestion and address the rest of what was said. Also yeah, the title was just for the first little period as a joke, it should look more normal now.

Fair. Sorry if I took it too seriously lol

As for the above thing; it's okay to do whatever you want with your own build, but the build writeups here should reflect what gives a unit optimal performance, so the ability to distinguish between a build you like that may not necessarily be optimal (but is fun!) and what's actually optimal for that unit. 

tl;dr, (and at the risk of sounding like a jerk) it's best to keep your personal builds to yourself if they're not strictly optimal in some form or fashion.

In any case, I'm confident you'll be able to sort all that out ~3o If ye be needing help I'm sure the rest of us can supply it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, back to address some stuff, I'll be editing the post later tonight.

18 hours ago, eclipse said:

Glacies takes a while to charge, so I'd seriously consider something like Luna instead.

I put Glacies on my Roy freaking forever ago due to his RES being better than his DEF, way back when I didn't have extras of anyone with Luna(like within a month of Skill Inheritance being a thing). I've since given Luna to him with SI, and plan to add Aether later if I ever end up with someone to fodder it to him so I have it for alternate options, but I haven't earned the SP to learn Luna yet. I'll try it out once I get the Skill learned and update that build accordingly if I find it to work better.

18 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Also, why no DC? His Res and weapon effect seem pretty well suited for a DC build, no?

Last line in OP:

On 5/15/2018 at 4:51 PM, SoulWeaver said:

Now if only I can find me a Hector...

I technically have one, but I'm trying to keep one copy of every 5S I pull. Give it a week or two and I may get frustrated enough to just say screw it and sack my only Hector for DC Roy.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

For the second build, Roy's base 30 Atk is far too low to make effective use of a Brave Sword, especially when intended to be used with Heavy Blade. The amount of support needed to make this build work is prohibitive to general use. (It's like making a build specifically meant to be used with a Corrin support.)

18 hours ago, eclipse said:

I think Roy's attack is a bit too low to consider a Brave build.  Hell, I think Ogma's a little behind the times in that area.  But, if that's what you want, I've had best luck with a -breaker in the B slot, so that Roy can take a counter from the appropriate weapon and live.

...Fair point Ice, it's a very team-specific build as it requires a Dark Aura wielder like Delthea or Linde or an Uber-level Rallybot to work properly. I think I'll keep it on there for now, but add a disclaimer that it's a very team-specific build, and come up with a separate, cheaper Enemy Phase option as the more general budget build.
Oh hey, I forgot about Breakers. Should I mark Swordbreaker as a recommended option for the build?

5 hours ago, BANRYU said:

As for the above thing; it's okay to do whatever you want with your own build, but the build writeups here should reflect what gives a unit optimal performance, so the ability to distinguish between a build you like that may not necessarily be optimal (but is fun!) and what's actually optimal for that unit. 

tl;dr, (and at the risk of sounding like a jerk) it's best to keep your personal builds to yourself if they're not strictly optimal in some form or fashion.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you're doing very specific builds, you should probably indicate it in the thread title. Otherwise, it is generally expected that the builds being recommended are ones that are designed to optimize the character for content or situations. It's fine to showcase your own builds here if that's your intention, but make sure to indicate that you're doing so if you are.

I'll be adding more optimal builds once I get the chance to check around a bit more, it's just my paranoia that someone else would snag the Thread for this Unit eventually became too much to bear so I threw together something about stuff I've used personally so I could get the first Thread for Base Roy because personal insanity reasons.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Also as already mentioned, you're missing a Distant Counter build. There's really no need to have actually tested the build out personally if you have a good grasp of how to simulate realistic match-ups on the duel simulators and note key wins and losses.

*cough* I...may not have access to a duel simulator due to my computer being retarded and refusing to load the vast majority of sites I try to access for this kind of thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of the -breakers (yes, even if Roy and a Brave Sword don't want to be near each other):

- Swordbreaker hits a lot of fast, annoying things
- Axebreaker gets through Hector's Wary Fighter, while allowing Roy to double some of the faster axes (Raven and Amelia come to mind)
- R Tomebreaker would mostly be for Winter Tharja
- G Tomebreaker gives you the option of baiting Nino somewhat safely
- Bowbreaker means that my Leon can't quad you, and Lyn becomes slightly less annoying
- Daggerbreaker is only if you're challenging Navarre's map or something

Swordbreaker is probably the safest bet, with Axebreaker being an option if Hector is making your life miserable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SoulWeaver ....okay judging by your responses to some of the suggestions, it sounds like you may be a bit confused as to how the whole analysis thing works....

So just to clarify, you do not have to personally own the skills you're testing out for the unit in question (or even the unit himself, as the case may be). That is what the dueling simulators are for. Half or more of the units I've written up analyses for I don't have the means to build or just flat-out don't have outright, but that shouldn't stop you from exploring what the objectively best builds and strategies are that the unit can run. 

The point of the analyses isn't to share what we run on our own units, it's supposed to be a guide of how to optimize the unit in question, whether or not you have the means to do it yourself. It's supposed to be a resource for other folks who want to know what they should run on a character, not show-and-tell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

That is what the dueling simulators are for.

...sigh...

On 5/16/2018 at 5:45 PM, SoulWeaver said:

*cough* I...may not have access to a duel simulator due to my computer being retarded and refusing to load the vast majority of sites I try to access for this kind of thing.

I can't access any of the duel simulators I see everyone talking about, and I've tried them all. My computer is ridiculously old and refuses to load a lot of stuff(like Bulbapedia and Serebii, for example, I've been behind in Pokemon news for months now), so no, I literally cannot check how good a Skill is on a Unit without owning and testing them in-game - hence why I haven't tried creating a Topic in here before now, otherwise I would have done both Regular and Brave Roy long ago. Yes, I am working on remedying this problem, seeing as how that's probably going to be your next comment. I'm going to be checking some of the sites I do have access to while on my iPod, such as the gamepress, over the weekend to see what else I can find to add here, and do so hopefully within the upcoming week.
I probably should have clarified, but the first Build was meant as more of a placeholder until I managed to find actual optimal Builds, while the second was my attempt at a decent Player-Phase Moonbow-every-combat Build for a Unit that yes, isn't very optimized for said Build. However, I also know there are players out there who just want to play a certain Unit even if other Units are better as one of those players myself(I have several Red Units that would do much better than Roy on my Team but keep Roy due to personal preference), and was trying to provide some way for any of said players who prefer Player Phase Builds - or can't just casually sack a Brave Ike like all the high-end players out there for the Enemy Phase alternative because their RNG luck has been poor, also myself until very recently - to still have access to such a Build.
No, it's not optimal, but since it's Roy - a rather lackluster Unit when you consider that everyone gets a free 5S Vanguard Ike and there's no reason to use Roy over Vanguard Ike unless you're specifically trying to use Roy, especially as Roy no longer comes at 5S and now requires a minimum of 20k Feathers just to reach the same Rarity level as the freebie Ike - it's at least attempting to look at it from a more practical point of view as not everyone is going to have spare Steady Breath fodder lying around to just casually drop onto a Roy instead of, say, almost literally any Red Sword released after Skill Inheritance came out as almost all of them would probably make better use of SB than Roy would.

...ugh...I'm sorry for the rant, I promise I'm not trying to sound like a stubbornly childish [self-censored], but today was absolute crap for me and I'm also trying to write stuff for two other projects and look up reference information for a third this weekend while also trying to act like I'm enjoying it all so I don't lose my mind and blow a hole in the side of my bedroom, so the fuse is a touch shorter than usual, if that makes sense. I am trying to be serious about this, but don't have any experience and, as mentioned before, can't access any sort of simulator for help - I had to ask the general Heroes Question Thread whether +ATK -DEF or +SPD -RES would be a better nature for Roy a while back because I couldn't pull anything up(I can't even access Reddit), then said screw it when the basic answer I got was 'why don't you check the simulator?' and went with the one that the one helpful person said would be more useful at lower merges because I can only afford to Rarity Upgrade maybe once a month due to both not having access to Heroes as often as I'd like and also juggling a second account as well for more chances at gaining experience in actually knowing anything about Heroes. Sorry for unloading on you like that, it will in theory look better in a couple days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honest question. . .what browser are you using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I promise I'm not trying to sound like a stubbornly childish [self-censored], but today was absolute crap for me and I'm also trying to write stuff for two other projects and look up reference information for a third this weekend while also trying to act like I'm enjoying it all so I don't lose my mind and blow a hole in the side of my bedroom, so the fuse is a touch shorter than usual, if that makes sense. I am trying to be serious about this, but don't have any experience and, as mentioned before, can't access any sort of simulator for help - I had to ask the general Heroes Question Thread whether +ATK -DEF or +SPD -RES would be a better nature for Roy a while back because I couldn't pull anything up(I can't even access Reddit), then said screw it when the basic answer I got was 'why don't you check the simulator?' and went with the one that the one helpful person said would be more useful at lower merges because I can only afford to Rarity Upgrade maybe once a month due to both not having access to Heroes as often as I'd like and also juggling a second account as well for more chances at gaining experience in actually knowing anything about Heroes. Sorry for unloading on you like that, it will in theory look better in a couple days.

oof

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, eclipse said:

Honest question. . .what browser are you using?

FireFox. I used to run Safari because I didn't realize this comp even had FireFox, and promptly switched upon discovery of this fact. So far, I still haven't been able to find a simulator that works. If there's one that will run on an iPod, I might be able to make that work, but nobody's mentioned whether any of the simulators work for mobile users or which one would be best on mobile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

nobody's mentioned whether any of the simulators work for mobile users or which one would be best on mobile.

I have just tested arcticsilverfox's calculator and Andu2's calculator, and they both work on my Galaxy S5 Active. Depending on your internet connection, it could be slow though. Not sure if it will work on an iPhone, so you will have to just test it out.

19 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

I had to ask the general Heroes Question Thread whether +ATK -DEF or +SPD -RES would be a better nature for Roy

Sounds familiar. I am not sure if I answered that before, but most melee units generally want [+Spd, -Res], although that sort of depends on how you set up the calculator and/or what you want BH!Roy to accomplish.

For optimal builds for most units, you do not really need a calculator to confirm things since you can just look up other similar units in the analysis section and just copy and paste their builds. Optimal builds are usually cookie cutter builds with some skills being quite interchangeable, so you do not have to find that one perfect A skill that gets the most kills, and you can usually just list the all interchangeable skills together.

Since this is about BH!Roy, here is an example of how I would write a Player Phase build:

Blazing Durandal:
Arena

Spoiler

Nature: [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Res] It is totally up to you, but I sometimes bold a choice if it is usually the best nature or skill.

Blazing Durandal / Wo Dao [Spd] / Slaying Edge [Spd]
Reposition / [flexible Assist]
Moonbow / Luna / Galeforce
Life and Death 3 / Swift Sparrow 2 / Brazen Atk/Spd 3 / Fury 3 These skills are pretty much all interchangeable.
Desperation 3 Unless the unit got an exclusive B skill here, Desperation is usually the only skill listed here for most Player Phase units. You can add Breakers too, but sometimes I am lazy and I do not bother.
Hone Cavalry / Fortify Cavalry / [flexible C passive]
Speed +3 / Attack +3 / Brash Assault 3

Since you do not have access to the simulator, you can just leave this description blank or just say something generic along the lines of "This is your standard Player Phase build." or whatever. Unless the player needs Blazing Durandal for points and/or Galeforce, Wo Dao [Spd] is better for performance. Slaying Edge [Spd] is also better than Blazing Durandal, but it is not as good as Wo Dao [Spd] and it is also a bit more expensive.

Blazing Durandal — Galeforce —Attack +3/Speed+3: If there are any interesting skill combinations worth noting, you can state it right here. While I personally do not recommend Galeforce for Arena due to the frequent presence of Vantage, Galeforce is perfectly viable for Arena Assault and everywhere else since you get to preview the enemy team.

 

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

FireFox. I used to run Safari because I didn't realize this comp even had FireFox, and promptly switched upon discovery of this fact. So far, I still haven't been able to find a simulator that works. If there's one that will run on an iPod, I might be able to make that work, but nobody's mentioned whether any of the simulators work for mobile users or which one would be best on mobile.

See if you can update Firefox.  If not, what version of MacOS are you running?  I might have an idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, XRay said:

I have just tested arcticsilverfox's calculator and Andu2's calculator, and they both work on my Galaxy S5 Active. Depending on your internet connection, it could be slow though. Not sure if it will work on an iPhone, so you will have to just test it out.

Since this is about BH!Roy, here is an example of how I would write a Player Phase build:

Thank you for that, I'll test them tomorrow. If they work that should fix the simulator issue.

Also, you missed the original Title(Not-Brave Lion, Our Boi™), but this isn't Roy, Brave Lion, it's Roy, Young Lion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Also, you missed the original Title(Not-Brave Lion, Our Boi™), but this isn't Roy, Brave Lion, it's Roy, Young Lion.

My bad. That happens to me a lot. I keep misreading things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First setup from the Gamepress site added. I'm also playing with text coloration in an attempt to make distinguishing between Budget and Optimal Skills easier, let me know how it looks on the different site skins - I know @eclipse runs Night Forest and that makes things look different. If it looks too wonky or distracting I'll return it to normal and use Italics or something. Also, let me know if the Build looks good or if I've got stuff wrong, as well as any major checks to the Build or major Units this Build checks that I don't have as, again, I'm still working on learning this stuff myself as a mere Tier 13-15-ish Player who doesn't know what's hot up in the clouds of Tier 20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only real problem with using the color method (which I only realized after doing my entire Brave Lucina analysis in color) is for color blind people. It looks fine in Night Forest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use asterisks to denote optimal setups in my stuff, for whatever that's worth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...