Legendary Marth Speculation (If he gets into the game, that is...)

indigoasis

Everyone expects him to have the Falchion again, but we already have so many of those, It would be nice to have something a little different, Here's the idea I liked.

Weapon: Lodestar's Rapier: 16mt, Effective against Cavalry and Armored units
Assist:
Special:
A:
B: Anri's Blessing: (Locked) If unit initiates combat and foe is Cavalry or Armored, Unit is considered Colorless for damage calculation.
C: Speed Tactic

Not sure if this would be considered too much, but i'd really like something like this, and it would make him drastically different from the Marth I already have built.

On 19/05/2018 at 11:39 PM, Sen said:

Everyone expects him to have the Falchion again, but we already have so many of those, It would be nice to have something a little different, Here's the idea I liked.

Weapon: Lodestar's Rapier: 16mt, Effective against Cavalry and Armored units
Assist:
Special:
A:
B: Anri's Blessing: (Locked) If unit initiates combat and foe is Cavalry or Armored, Unit is considered Colorless for damage calculation.
C: Speed Tactic

Not sure if this would be considered too much, but i'd really like something like this, and it would make him drastically different from the Marth I already have built.

Hm... I liked the Rapier. I would add a +3 Spd or a + 3 Atk with the "effect against" bonus. Anri's Blessing can be useful, but the only problem is if the enemy is a cavalry/armored mage with a Raven Tome. We can change the effect for: "If against a Cavalry or Armored foe, weapon-triangle disadvantages don't apply to this unit." This will be also a reference for the NES game, which don't have the Weapon-Triangle system.

And I don't believe IS will give Spd Tactic again to another Legendary Hero. Maybe a even/odd skill for C-slot.

For A-slot, a bond skill could work.

But what if they gave him the Mecurius? It was his personal weapon in fe1 after all. It could maybe be a legendary firesweep sword, to replicate its attack sealing affect in fe1. If that’s not good enough for a legendary hero, well maybe it can be a firesweep sword that can counterattack. I mean, we just got a brave sword that works in enemy phase, so it’s not like it’s unprecedented.

I'm not sure why there is such an objection to a legendary Marth using the Falchion. It is his iconic personal weapon. It is the franchise signature weapon on its primary lord. No other weapon can properly represent the character, especially in his legendary state. 

The important thing to consider is how his Exalted Falchion can be distinct from all existing versions of the weapon and what passives can be given to Marth to make him distinct as the offensive or supportive sword infantry legend (as opposed to Ike's status as the enemy phase sword infantry legend).

Edited by Etheus

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-05-22 at 11:38 AM, Etheus said:

I'm not sure why there is such an objection to a legendary Marth using the Falchion. It is his iconic personal weapon. It is the franchise signature weapon on its primary lord. No other weapon can properly represent the character, especially in his legendary state. 

The important thing to consider is how his Exalted Falchion can be distinct from all existing versions of the weapon and what passives can be given to Marth to make him distinct as the offensive or supportive sword infantry legend (as opposed to Ike's status as the enemy phase sword infantry legend).

While I underatand what you mean, and you are right, Falchion is his most iconic weapon...

it would be really really boring. We have 6 characters with Falchion, and one character with a sword that acts like Falchion. A Rapier is another sword that is iconic to lords, and frankly it would be more useful.

Edited by Sen