Should guns be added in Fire Emblem Switch?

Fire Emblem The Blazing Blade added explosives, Fire Emblem Fates added Tanks, and 50 shades of Valentia added elephant tanks from the Halo series, as well as lasers, so should Fire Emblem Switch go a step further and add firearms into the Fire Emblem series? Or better yet, robots and flying fortress's? 

If they wanna give it a steampunk fantasy aesthetic and go with that kind of setting--sure. It could work. 

Not in a traditional fire emblem setting.

Steampunk Fire Emblem. Shit. Thats Awesome.

lvl 5 Mage 
Related image

Lvl 10 Mechanist
Related image

Depends on the setting. Steampunk fantasy? Hell yeah! But in something that's supposed to resemble times where the gun is just being produced and bows are still being used, then it depends on if they implement it well or not.

As much as I want to say yes to a steampunk-fantasy FE, I just can't look over the fact that guns would potentially replace bows. Since bows are probably pretty much my favourite weapons of the games, I can't say anything else than no to guns.

2 hours ago, ViceTOLUCT said:

Fire Emblem The Blazing Blade added explosives, Fire Emblem Fates added Tanks, and 50 shades of Valentia added elephant tanks from the Halo series, as well as lasers, so should Fire Emblem Switch go a step further and add firearms into the Fire Emblem series? Or better yet, robots and flying fortress's? 

Bs_fe01_enemy_ballistician_ballista_04.p

They actually existed in FE1.

Like everyone else is saying, if it's in a steampunk setting, then sure. But what kind of guns would be in the game? Muskets and flintlock pistols, I assume?

By the way, as long as guns don't replace bows, then I'm fine with it.

I'd say, let's go all the way in.

Give me Fire Lances, give me Hand Cannons, give me Rockets. Medieval Warfare certainly included a bunch of gunpowder-based weaponry. Yeah, FE has magic, but in a way, it can't really completely replace gunpowder. And FE as of late feels more Modern (16th to 18th centuries, not Contemporary which is 19th onwards) than Medieval these days, anyway.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

If they're going forward with adding new technologies the first step should be handheld cross bows before guns. Realistically any semi-modern gun versus a guy with a sword the guy with the gun is always going to win and that's kind of a turn off personally then again they always seem to make archers inferior and historically range is pretty much always the preferred tactic. Just a little pet peeve characters like Lyn or Eirika seem to get Rapiers because they're women and weaker, but a rapier wears the same as a standard sword and tend to have more physically demanding fighting styles than a standard sword so the Rapier isn't designed for people with less physical strength arguably they're meant for somebody with more physical strength and bows, bows aren't weapons suited for weaker individuals at all. Less draw strength significantly would weaken the bow's power but in every Fire Emblem I can think of right now the skinny guy or women have bows and they'd be pretty useless. Weaker soldiers should have spears or two handed swords or something not bows and daggers should have bonuses to armor across the entire weapon type as that was kind of their purpose.

3 hours ago, Slumber said:

It's fun to see how many people only read the title of this thread. 

I had a good chuckle at this. Granted I'm probably one of those people without realizing it, but oh well.

Magic guns anyone can use, 1-3 range, atk stat unaffected by str/mag, but you have to spend your action reloading if you want to use it twice in a row. Obviously no doubling. Maybe your skill stat could scale with the atk, like +1 atk for every 2/3 points of skill. Might not be for everyone, but I think it'd be interesting.

I kind of like the idea that science and technology in the FE universe advances extremely slowly due to the existence of magic, so I think it'd be cool to play off that a little and have the tech be based around magic.

I'd prefer FE not go futuristic personally, but I'd be open to it if it ever happened. 

Considering Tactics Ogre had guns, I guess FE Switch could also have guns. Just make it so that its a relatively new weapon type in FE Switch's world, so that we don't have units with guns in high abundance.

I'm down with flying fortresses, actually.

Flying fortresses that shoot big damn lasers. Note the distinction from "big lasers" I mean, we already have tanks and explosives, let's fight a flying fortress, those can operate off magic, or some crystallized energy or however the story would have it.

EDIT: of course, the enemy reinforcements that spawn ad nauseam can be automatons or some kind of humanoid thing or other, homunculus or something, idk, I'm just saying stuff at this point!

Edited by Soledai

Make it early-to-mid-Renaissance, have Guns have high might and range (say 2-5) that ignores both attack and defense. But trade that with the inability to double attack, and an additional penalty that requires a turn beforehand to load ammunition. Also maybe have low use limit as well.

I'm a bit surprised that this isn't in the FE General or FE Switch sections.

Edited by henrymidfields

Jesus Christ people. We already have an out of control gun problem in the us and probably some other countries. Don't let it overflow into fire emblem.

is it just me or is everyone suggesting advance wars

ok you know what? I'm actually ok with guns after all.

I'd like it if they added muskets, and made them historically accurate. Basically, they would be really crappy bows, but the catch is that ANYONE can use them, regardless of class. Bows would basically be better muskets, but only archers can use them.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/19/2018 at 3:31 PM, The_antithesis said:

I'd like it if they added muskets, and made them historically accurate. Basically, they would be really crappy bows, but the catch is that ANYONE can use them, regardless of class. Bows would basically be better muskets, but only archers can use them.

They did that tho in FE9. But it was a crossbow.

EDIT: I mean FE10. 

Edited by Kaiser Wilhelm

9 hours ago, Kaiser Wilhelm said:

They did that tho in FE9. But it was a crossbow.

*FE10

Anyway, thanks for bringing it up. Crossbows were also in use around that time, so I think the muskets should have a little bit of extra Mt at the cost of accuracy. That way, we can have both crossbows and muskets.