New Special Heroes Incoming: Bridal Bloom (May 21 ~): Bride Sanaki, Tharja, and Ninian (Groom Marth as TT reward)

Coolmanio

21 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Sex slave Nowi in Awakening?  Child brides?  Naa, that deserves a reaction cause that is messed up.  

I already quoted you in the other thread, but WHERE in ANY point in Awakening do they have ANY implications of Nowi being a sex slave? She even explicitly said that she was forced to transform into a dragon to DANCE AND ENTERTAIN, NOT TO DO THE NASTY.

If you have a problem with a character that looks like a child wearing little clothing, that’s completely fine. But don’t go around spreading false dirty information about a character being a sex slave...

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I'd try to get this topic back on the rails, but it's pretty clear by this point that doing so is about as impossible as me finding every last Korok Seed in Breath of the Wild on my own.

So, how about those dragons dancing on top of pegasai? The world's really strange nowadays, isn't it?

54 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Okay, I really need a citation on this one, because I'm pretty sure I remember her just mentioning that she was captured by bandits and made to transform for their entertainment.

The only time in an FE game I can think of where some kind of sexual harm is possibly alluded to is with Lene.

There's some implications of Lara's childhood before Pahn saved her in Thracia too.

2 minutes ago, Sophie said:

So, how about those dragons dancing on top of pegasai? The world's really strange nowadays, isn't it?

I'm not sure what's stranger, dragons dancing on pegasi or child bri- AHEM oops, I mean, black bridal gowns.

I really hope Tharja manages to have some good stats, since despite being the headline unit of this banner (controversy aside), she seems like the most underwhelming one thanks to her class.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

I'm not sure what's stranger, dragons dancing on pegasi or child bri- AHEM oops, I mean, black bridal gowns.

I really hope Tharja manages to have some good stats, since despite being the headline unit of this banner (controversy aside), she seems like the most underwhelming one thanks to her class.

I like Tharja but I'm a bit miffed they keep making her a red tome, I would like more variety... at the very least.
I think IS has a bad habit of making alts the same color too often. And it shows a bit more in this one.

I'll see if I'm gonna roll, seeing if I can currently pull a 2nd Ishtar because whenever I get a -atk unit in this game I take it as an attack on my wellbeing.

41 minutes ago, thanny said:

I already quoted you in the other thread, but WHERE in ANY point in Awakening do they have ANY implications of Nowi being a sex slave? She even explicitly said that she was forced to transform into a dragon to DANCE AND ENTERTAIN, NOT TO DO THE NASTY.

If you have a problem with a character that looks like a child wearing little clothing, that’s completely fine. But don’t go around spreading false dirty information about a character being a sex slave...

I answered this in the other thread.  

Anyways to change the subject for a bit, I think the art is somewhat disappointing just in terms of quality for Ninian (whose regular Heroes art is among the best) and Sanaki (who has this watermelon giant head and tiny body).  However Winter Tharja just looks drop dead gorgeous, absolutely amazing.  That art is stunning.  

6 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

She can't be any worse than the last seasonal who was an infantry red tome. Yes, I am still very much bitter.

4 minutes ago, Sophie said:

I like Tharja but I'm a bit miffed they keep making her a red tome, I would like more variety... at the very least.
I think IS has a bad habit of making alts the same color too often. And it shows a bit more in this one.

I'll see if I'm gonna roll, seeing if I can currently pull a 2nd Ishtar because whenever I get a -atk unit in this game I take it as an attack on my wellbeing.

Yeah, Tharja emblem isn't looking so good if they all end up being red tomes..

Good luck, though be careful, since I wish I hadn't tried to pull a second L Lyn to fix my -atk one (and failed to do so), now that we see flying dancers and Tharja showed up.. -atk superbane should be illegal.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

She can't be any worse than the last seasonal who was an infantry red tome. Yes, I am still very much bitter.

Feels bad she's just gonna be worse than regular Tharja in all likelihood thanks to regular Tharja actually being mergable.. unless we whale...

7 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Yeah, Tharja emblem isn't looking so good if they all end up being red tomes..

Good luck, though be careful, since I wish I hadn't tried to pull a second L Lyn to fix my -atk one (and failed to do so), now that we see flying dancers and Tharja showed up.. -atk superbane should be illegal.

Feels bad she's just gonna be worse than regular Tharja in all likelihood thanks to regular Tharja actually being mergable.. unless we whale...

I don't mind most of the pitybreaker blues.... would love to get Micaiah finally... my favorite character in the series... h-haha...ha... god... kill me.
I hope all of your favorites aren't the same color.. it's very unfortunate, having to go into every banner pulling half blue orbs...

2 hours ago, Alkaid said:

To be fair, nothing is going to change complaining on Serenes either. People should send them feedback or drop a reply to the official twitter. The possibility of change is dictated by numbers though, so it's still unlikely they're going to do anything without the blacklash being truly huge.

You're not wrong, but the more widespread the outrage is, the easier it is to be noticed. SF isn't small, either.

The backlash to this has been pretty huge on the whole. It's quite unlikely we'll see a direct response to it, but it's certainly possible they'll avoid doing something like it again in the future.

I'll judge Sanaki's inclusion on this banner whenever the hell she's released.

UNTIL THEN, sexualizing children is creepy.  Don't do it.

9 minutes ago, Sophie said:

I don't mind most of the pitybreaker blues.... would love to get Micaiah finally... my favorite character in the series... h-haha...ha... god... kill me.
I hope all of your favorites aren't the same color.. it's very unfortunate, having to go into every banner pulling half blue orbs...

I've been doing the same thing, except for green/colorless. I've pulled those 2 colors almost exclusively for like 3 months. I'm so glad Tharja and Ninian are red/blue, since I've been dying for a reason to pull those colors anyway.(I need so much stuff from them, focus units aside) Hope you can get that Micaiah pity breaker, since that's the way I ended up getting one(while trying for Catria on the bunny banner).

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Ha, an attempt to actually get back on topic. Nah man, this topic is now clearly dedicated to the Sanaki "controversy" and absolutely nothing else. No exceptions.

God, I can only imagine that the Japanese fans are laughing hysterically at all of this.

Japanese people have no high ground to stand on considering how toxic some otaku fans act over there. As far as I know people in the west have been complaining about BrideSanaki but they haven't done anything like sending an attack of death threats or anything like that.

Edited by Hekselka

15 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Japanese people have no high ground to stand on considering how toxic some otaku fans act over there. As far as I know people in the west have been complaining about BrideSanaki but they haven't done anything like sending an attack of death threats or anything like that.

That behavior is saved for when Lyn loses gauntlets.

Speaking of Tharja being red for the third time, why did Nifl Frostflowers go to Sanaki and not Ninian? An Ice Dragon carrying a bouquet of ice flowers makes a hell of a lot more sense than someone whose signature spell involves dropping a sun on her enemies. At least IS had the decency to make all of the units different colors this time.

As for the banner as a whole, I have no interest in the characters or the units. Might as well keep saving orbs for someone I actually care about. I am kind of wary about the new skills since they suggest IS is going to start coming up with more and more outlandish ideas to keep our interest. Ishtar's Odd Wave was already kind of concerning (even if I love using it).

And since I might as well join you all in the gutter, there's no way IS didn't know the implications of putting Sanaki in a dress and having her act tsundere about it. There's more than enough lolicon anime out there to point to the existence of a subset of fans who will eat this sort of stuff up.

19 minutes ago, KMT4ever said:

Speaking of Tharja being red for the third time, why did Nifl Frostflowers go to Sanaki and not Ninian? An Ice Dragon carrying a bouquet of ice flowers makes a hell of a lot more sense than someone whose signature spell involves dropping a sun on her enemies. At least IS had the decency to make all of the units different colors this time.

If I had to guess, I’d say they did it for gameplay reasons. Which is to say, they probably gave this Ninian trash Atk too (not 24 bad, mind) and thus didn’t think it was worth giving her a personal weapon.

I keep alternating between two thoughts, one of wanting both flier units to complete second flier team, but then realising that my +atk Caeda+1 is so underused that I haven't even given her a B-skill or Special yet. Current B-team is Caeda, Hinoka, Spring Camilla and Cherche but it essentially never sees action. Can't really get myself too interested as a result.

One disappointment is that the weapons are all bouquets. I mean sure, it's more interesting that the travesties that were Sealife Tome and Tomato Tome (why not an actual tomato instead?), but it's still pretty boring since one of the best things about seasonals are the ridiculous novelty weapons. Marth has his cake server of course, but this feels like a downgrade overall in terms of creativity.

Between the Genealogy banner, this seasonal, the projected units in the Legendary banner, I reckon this has been the least interesting month of FEH for quite some time - certainly the quietest month this year.

I'm just north of 100 orbs. Is it worth trying for one of the fliers? Ninian is for vague B-team flier dancer needs, and Sanaki is to add another strong green flier to my lineup of... er, Michalis? Cherche? Airzura herself?

3 hours ago, Florete said:

You're not wrong, but the more widespread the outrage is, the easier it is to be noticed. SF isn't small, either.

The backlash to this has been pretty huge on the whole. It's quite unlikely we'll see a direct response to it, but it's certainly possible they'll avoid doing something like it again in the future.

People have been getting outraged over Nowi since the first moment Awakening was revealed and that didn't stop them from putting her in Heroes or giving her a Halloween costume after further complaining.  They know they make more money off deep pocketed lolicons than they lose from people getting angry.  How many people do you think have straight up quit the game over it or stopped spending in protest?  Enough to cancel all the money people spend on lolis?  Bride Sanaki will make IS a pretty penny.

I have learned to accept lolis, but in this case is it really weird, since Sanaki is just a child as it was already mentioned. I think she should a flower girl or something else, but not a bride.
The best thing in this banner is Marth getting his alt. 

I wasn't expecting Sanaki. Glad to see Marth finally getting an alt and being an axe cavalier (we don't have many of those). I know a lot of people complain about Tharja, but I will admit I would have liked to see someone else. Whatever. I will try for them once I've got what I want from the next Legendary Banner because I missed 3 of the 4 Winter units and I ain't missing them again!

6 hours ago, Nowi's Husband said:

People have been getting outraged over Nowi since the first moment Awakening was revealed and that didn't stop them from putting her in Heroes or giving her a Halloween costume after further complaining.  They know they make more money off deep pocketed lolicons than they lose from people getting angry.  How many people do you think have straight up quit the game over it or stopped spending in protest?  Enough to cancel all the money people spend on lolis?  Bride Sanaki will make IS a pretty penny.

Over this one alone? Maybe not too many. But the more they do, the more will definitely go. You can only push people so far.

I really don't think they make ~so~ much money from deep-pocketed lolicons or we would see this more often than we do.

You can't really talk for "people" though. Well even if vocal minority decide quit, it will not affect FEH that much. When it comes to actual people they have normal sensibilities after all. 

All that will happen would be peaceful discussions on FE threads. I would welcome that.

Edited by Tenzen12

13 hours ago, XRay said:

Totally okay. For me, I have grudges against certain people that I would take great pleasure in torturing and exterminating. A lot of people have fantasies that would be inappropriate if enacted in real life, but as long as it stays a fantasy, it is fine.

It is one thing to have an opinion, but it is another thing entirely to name call someone simply for being different.

Attacking someone for not being mainstream is no different from bullies picking on the socially awkward kid in class.

I'm sorry but unless you're like a young teenager, this is a very immature and frankly worrisome view.

If someone fantasizes about children in a sexual way or torturing people, that's not normal and needs to be addressed psychologically, precisely to prevent that person from someday acting on those urges and getting themselves and others potentially hurt. And they can end up acting on those urges indirectly as well as directly. Even if a pedophile never touches a child, but ends up collecting inappropriate images of them, they're still harming children by creating a market for that type of stuff.