New Special Heroes Incoming: Bridal Bloom (May 21 ~): Bride Sanaki, Tharja, and Ninian (Groom Marth as TT reward)

Coolmanio

Wow, Sanaki is actually more covered up than H!Nowi and people still get mad. B!Sanaki even mentions that it’s just for the festival just like every other seasonal unit before her. I’m looking forward to the next “controversial” summer unit. From what I’ve seen so far, it seems that it’s just part of the western fanbase that it’s up in arms about it. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Wow, Sanaki is actually more covered up than H!Nowi and people still get mad. B!Sanaki even mentions that it’s just for the festival just like every other seasonal unit before her. I’m looking forward to the next “controversial” summer unit. From what I’ve seen so far, it seems that it’s just part of the western fanbase that it’s up in arms about it.

Gotta just hope it's someone like Reina, and in a full on scuba outfit, so that there's no complaints about her age, and there's no complaints about revealing too much.

All this complaining about B!Sanaki makes me almost look forward to the complaints about the summer banners :P  But honestly after H!Nowi I figured lolies would be on all seasonal banners and I get surprised when they aren't.  I understand people's points about her being too young to be a bride, but honestly her outfit is very tame even her damaged art and I can live with her over some of the other lolies that are over the top.  I was hoping for grooms this time, but IS seem convinced that straight woman won't whale for male banners (could I please get a summer Priam who is shirtless IS pretty please?), so since it is brides again and I get the lone groom for free my orbs can be saved for when one of my favs is finally added.  

36 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think there's a real difference between Gordin and Nowi. Gordin just has a babyface and those people do exist in real life. We don't have any old ladies that look like little girls...at least I sure hope we don't. Heroes might have taken Gordin's babyface a bit too far but he's supposed to look like a teenager rather than a young boy. It would be a different story if shota Raigh was the one who's actually an adult or if Nils was supposed to be avatar romanced because unlike Elise he really IS ''technically an adult'' 

Things other than a western groom tuxedo are indeed possible but so far both of Marth's groom outfit's went for that style so if grooms ever become a common FE trope I think that's going to be the usual sort of outfit for groom characters. 

Nowi's not really an old lady, though. She's more like Gordin, but taken to an extreme degree of she's "legal", but looks very, very young and even then, that's a massive stretch when manaketes age very, very differently than humans. Her problem, other than the whole super baby-making machine thing that Awakening, Fates, and kind of Genealogy have, is her clothes. If she looked like her daughter, Nah, or kid Tiki, I don't think people would have been that uncomfortable with her. Even something like showing, through concept art at least, Nowi looking like a young adult and implying she's only a few years off from a growth spurt which happens by the time she has Nah, probably could have lessened the issue of Nowi being lolibait essentially.

Gordin, if he's based on Mystery instead of New Mystery, probably could look like that as a teenager who looks like a boy. That being said, with so many different art styles, it might have just been his artist's style that made him look much younger. Raigh is actually an example of that since Himukai Yuji, the artist for Etrian Odyssey, has a very rounded, I guess you could say, chubby art style that works for Fae, but puts Raigh sort of into a Lachesis situation, but not as bad since Lachesis looks really cutesy while Raigh just looks like a chubby teenager.

And if I'm understanding correctly, for the groom outfit and by extension, bride outfits, most grooms and brides probably will look the same, but I think at least for characters from Chon'sin which is only really Say'ri and Yen'fay since Lon'qu doesn't live their anymore and Hoshido barring, the developers might actually have them wear something else. If anything, it would make things a bit more interesting than another guy in a tuxedo or another Awakening-styled bridal gown. The other thing is that Eliwood and Roy's outfits for Love Abounds probably could pass off as groom outfits. Marth's, the one from Warriors and presumably the one being used for Heroes, looks modern-ish, while Eliwood and Roy's remind me of the medieval to Renaissance eras.

3 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

Gotta just hope it's someone like Reina, and in a full on scuba outfit, so that there's no complaints about her age, and there's no complaints about revealing too much.

Niime in a swimsuit. Wrinkles and all. May that image be forever burn into your mind. :p

Edited by Kaden

3 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

unlike Elise he really IS ''technically an adult''

If anything, this whole thing has showed me just how surprisingly well the "technically an adult" excuse in localization really works. There wasn't nearly as much complaining with summer Elise, and she actually had a more provocative design. So I guess people really bought into the "she's not actually 12 guys" localization change. Just removing "bride" from her title apparently wasn't enough for Sanaki.

The frenzy over this is making me anticipate the summer banner even more. We need to get back on track with good old-fashioned complaining about fanserivice. At least nobody  noticed Tharja's growing in cup size with every alt.

12 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

At least nobody  noticed Tharja's growing in cup size with every alt.

You think we'd complain about that? Too busy finding more tissues.

I'm trying to decide if it's worth going for this Banner or waiting to see if they rerun the old Bridal Banner again like they did with Spring - I still don't have Bridelia on either of my accounts, and that needs to change. If not...well, I already have a 5S Special Dancer on each account(New Years Azura and Performing Arts Olivia) and neither sees play because the alt account has Grima and the main account uses Sakura, so I don't think I'd use Ninian since I've put too much SI into my Cordelia on my alt to switch her out for almost anyone and Delthea is critical to my Roy kicking butt on my main. Sanaki runs into the same issue as Nyazura on my alt(Grima's just better), so unless she can do better than my Brave Ike on my main she won't ever see play either. I suppose my alt account could use Tharja instead of Selena...

Why complain about cup size when they make Ninian’s waist skinnier than her head, yet you still have someone thinking she’s chubby, as if the only other time they see women is while reading one peice.

5 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

I'm very pleased we are getting Groom Marth got free.  After Spring had no TT reward I was worried they decided to ditch the idea of free seasonals.

Never give up, never surrender

14 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

Why complain about cup size when they make Ninian’s waist skinnier than her head, yet you still have someone thinking she’s chubby, as if the only other time they see women is while reading one peice.

LMAO. Yeah, I've seen some silly comments about her being chubby despite it being the dress that's huge. In that case that makes Lissa chubby as well. Something that I did find out recently is that Lissa's dress in her regular form also has a metal frame under it

18 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

If Chubbian doesn't get in shape like Nico Robin, how will that pegasus ever lift her? Yeah, that was absurd

Also, in an attempt to actually talk about the units on the banner, I wonder if Sanaki will be slow like her original or faster. If she's still slow, maybe she'll just be a higher res version of Spring Camilla, with Camilla keeping higher def. We only have 2 green mage fliers, so it'd be nice for them each to have a place. If she has good attack and res (very likely) AND better speed on top of it, then Camilla might just be completely powercrept. I don't think having an edge only with a TA+Raven build would really save her. I like how F Morgan came and catered to a different niche/playstyle than S Corrin, even as a fellow blue mage flier.

Edited by Alkaid

17 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I predicted Ninian would get an alt on the next Elibe banner as a pegasus knight, but I wasn't thinking about the Bride Banner at the time. Damn, my predictions are always close but not quite.

Marth being an axe cav is cool. I was one of the non believers thinking it would only be brides. Surprised at no Anna but I am glad four games got represented again. Cool banner.

I'm cool with that. I'd rather have bikini Anna and Fjorn :lol:

Wow....  Uh...  I hope the uproar over Sanaki doesn't hurt Tellius's chances of getting another seasonal alt.  Seriously...  There are good Tellius options.  My first thought upon hearing it was Sanaki was "Why does she deserve to be the first seasonal Tellius alt?"  I don't know why she was the first Tellius character in the game, by herself on a siblings banner, but now she's the first seasonal Tellian alt at all?  Is she really more popular than Micaiah and Elincia, who have possible endings where they do get married?  Micaiah actually gets married by default, and you have to alter her built in A support to change it.  She would have made sense on a bride banner, and is clearly more popular.  I'm glad Tellius is finally getting alts, but why Sanaki?  Why as a choice that was bound to draw controversy?  I actually don't mind Sanaki, I just don't understand why her.

I know no one here can answer these questions...  Just I've waited so long for Tellius to get attention, and they get it through a maelstrom of child bride arguments.  Does IS hate Tellius so much that, despite a clear preference for female alts, that neither of the Tellian female main character/protagonists get one?

Well...  I actually feel okay that Ike and Zelgius have two or three versions each, because I guess Tellius is never going to get fair representation.  Tellius is tied with Sacred Stones for lowest representation in FEH without seasonals (with Sanaki, Tellius will be one hero ahead of SS), and it has a huge cast.  Tellius also has the lowest number of unique characters, since only two of the SS characters are alts.  I know Tellius isn't alone in being slighted, but it's still annoying.  I guess I should be thrilled if they get just one more banner this year.

8 minutes ago, Venmi said:

Wow....  Uh...  I hope the uproar over Sanaki doesn't hurt Tellius's chances of getting another seasonal alt.  Seriously...  There are good Tellius options.  My first thought upon hearing it was Sanaki was "Why does she deserve to be the first seasonal Tellius alt?"  I don't know why she was the first Tellius character in the game, by herself on a siblings banner, but now she's the first seasonal Tellian alt at all?  Is she really more popular than Micaiah and Elincia, who have possible endings where they do get married?  Micaiah actually gets married by default, and you have to alter her built in A support to change it.  She would have made sense on a bride banner, and is clearly more popular.  I'm glad Tellius is finally getting alts, but why Sanaki?  Why as a choice that was bound to draw controversy?  I actually don't mind Sanaki, I just don't understand why her.

I'm utterly convinced that someone of high rank on the dev team just really likes Sanaki.  It's the perfect explanation.  

My stance on this banner:

Ninian: Kinda want so LA Eliwood can have his waifu, and I like her character.  How exactly does one dance on a pegasus though?

Sanaki: I don't care about all this controversy.  She's adorable and I want to hug her and protect her, that's all that matters to me.

Tharja: I still dislike her, so... yeah.  

Marth: Oh hey, Marth alt memes can die now, right?  Riiiiiiiight?  Free Green cav is nice.

If I pull, it would be blue/green for Ninian and Sanaki, because they're cute.

i will admit bride Sanaki squicks me out a bit, if only, like others have said, because of the marketing standpoint and the context of what IS has done before, and that it's not about physical sexualization but the implications. however, i'll be sticking to the dress-up canon here because i don't want to think about that and Sanaki getting some semblance of a childhood is a nice thought. on another note i'm very much digging her link skill because Delicious Tank potential. 

Speed Feint is...interesting? an activated ploy with no stat req. i imagine this will be more useful for higher tiers that run dual rallies but i myself cherish my movement skills. only my Ephraim runs a rally and i wouldn't want to ditch his QR3 for it. seems weird for a B skill. soooo Tharja's tome is almost just a speed refined Owl tome that specs in offense rather than general stats...i think it'd be cool if they'd dropped the +3 speed and made it inheritable and refineable...i like Tharja and i love her gothy looking dress and the art in this alt, she's my fav out of the trio here :thumbsup: sad to get red tome-zoned again tho

also how are people calling Ninian chubby lmao she's thin af, look at her arms and face, is this like a "does this dress make me look fat?" kind of thing? i'd support actually chubby Ninian anyway

can't wait to see Marth's art and his skills, sad that there weren't more grooms but at least we got one this time around.

Edited by wizzard of soz

As for units, Ninian and Sanaki are who I really want, for flier emblem, since I could always use for options for team members. I used to hate Tharja, but that hate has long since shifted to Nowi/Peri, meaning That isn't who I mainly want, but wouldn't be bad to get her

Sanaki being a bride is jarring to modern sensibilities but not so out of the ordinary in many societies. She is royalty and that plays a role.  It is not necessarily the case that she would get married at ten, but would be "on the market" even at that age. 

1 hour ago, wizzard of soz said:

i will admit bride Sanaki squicks me out a bit, if only, like others have said, because of the marketing standpoint and the context of what IS has done before, and that it's not about physical sexualization but the implications. however, i'll be sticking to the dress-up canon here because i don't want to think about that and Sanaki getting some semblance of a childhood is a nice thought. on another note i'm very much digging her link skill because Delicious Tank potential. 

Speed Feint is...interesting? an activated ploy with no stat req. i imagine this will be more useful for higher tiers that run dual rallies but i myself cherish my movement skills. only my Ephraim runs a rally and i wouldn't want to ditch his QR3 for it. seems weird for a B skill. soooo Tharja's tome is almost just a speed refined Owl tome that specs in offense rather than general stats...i think it'd be cool if they'd dropped the +3 speed and made it inheritable and refineable...i like Tharja and i love her gothy looking dress and the art in this alt, she's my fav out of the trio here :thumbsup: sad to get red tome-zoned again tho

also how are people calling Ninian chubby lmao she's thin af, look at her arms and face, is this like a "does this dress make me look fat?" kind of thing? i'd support actually chubby Ninian anyway

can't wait to see Marth's art and his skills, sad that there weren't more grooms but at least we got one this time around.

Sanaki is unattractive and is still mostly covered up everywhere except for a little shoulder. Given how quickly people can die in non-modern societies and that royalty often married for politics, her being married that early can be considered a reflection of how harsh that reality was. In game, that threat of mortality was there as the Senate did asassinate her grandmother.  Not that there aren't pedos who might find Sanaki hot for whatever reason but she never really had sexaulized art unlike many other females in Heroes.

8 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Aye, it wouldn't surprise me if there were some, since the human race has managed to commit every atrocity and more at some point or other (I'm betting), but it's not as prevalent. It's still as wrong, though. The shota boys disturb me as much as the shota girls in Awakening and Fates (Dew always disturbed me as well... I can't remember if he is young or just looks young, but even so... no).

I will say, though, it's less disturbing in that it isn't sexualised or anything and she makes it clear she's only dressing up. But I would rather just not see child brides or grooms on these banners, really, especially when it's not like they don't have an abundance of adults to choose from that come with no more disturbing connotations.

No doubt that Lachesis took away his virginity by Ch. 5. Heavily implied in their lover convo in that chapter. She hunted down every Eldigan copy in Sigurd's army(Buff and Blonde men with 40% strength growth) for their "piercing abilities". Noish and Beowulf were more mature versions of her dear brother. Dew was the fresh young boyish one she wanted to taste.

6th and 7th graders still look like kids but they have awakened sexually. Dew could be around that age.

27 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Sanaki is unattractive and is still mostly covered up everywhere except for a little shoulder. Given how quickly people can die in non-modern societies and that royalty often married for politics, her being married that early can be considered a reflection of how harsh that reality was. In game, that threat of mortality was there as the Senate did asassinate her grandmother.  Not that there aren't pedos who might find Sanaki hot for whatever reason but she never really had sexaulized art unlike many other females in Heroes.

again it has nothing to do with how covered up she is, it's the connotations of being a child bride. yes early marriage was a thing, but i doubt the bridal banner is trying to reflect the harsh reality of political child marriages. plus, we all know how Fire Emblem strictly adheres to realism in its lore, worldbuilding, etc, especially in Heroes - especially in Heroes' seasonal banners, which seem to have no rhyme or reason except to for the most part bring in money by milking their cash cow characters. we can all apply our headcanons about why Sanaki is in this banner but whether or not that's the actual reasoning behind why she is included (especially as opposed to other Tellius girls who aren't babies, like Titania, Micaiah and Elincia) is up in the air and suspect. i'm somewhat fond of the idea that, since she was the first Tellius char to be put in Heroes, even before Ike, that someone on the dev team is her biggest fan and somehow is managing to promote their Sanaki agenda. but idk the actual reason, and regardless when i first saw her on this banner i was instantly "hmmm wtf."

I don't get why people are confused at why some people have a problem with Sanaki in a dress. It's not the dress itself, it's not her being covered up or not covered up. It's the fact that she's a 10-13 year old being a bride. We don't like the implications it has. The Japanese just need to learn it's kind of a culture thing for us. We look down upon child brides.

Tharja is rather seuxalized here too, yes, but she's a grown woman. Not a child. Big difference.

And there were people that had problems with Nowi's outfit(s). I don't like how her Halloween version has more fabric on her arms than on her torso. I didn't see any complaint about Elise, but that's probably because a little girl in a one-piece swimsuit isn't an unusual thing or really considered sexualization since swimming in swimsuits is an everyday thing in summer.

Edited by Anacybele

Bride Sanaki can be fulled +6 buffed by just one Hone Fliers ally using a positional skill, and vice versa thanks to her B skill, so I think she'd be good in mixed teams.  Or instead of using two hones and two fortifies you can fit in goad/ward on top of the full buffs. 

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't get why people are confused at why some people have a problem with Sanaki in a dress. It's not the dress itself, it's not her being covered up or not covered up. It's the fact that she's a 10-13 year old being a bride. We don't like the implications it has. The Japanese just need to learn it's kind of a culture thing for us. We look down upon child brides.

In short, it's because reaching those implications requires a leap in logic that some people consider unwarranted.

6 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

but IS seem convinced that straight woman won't whale for male banners

Do we know the ratio between female and male players? If male players significantly outnumber female players, Intelligent Systems probably would not be prioritizing their female players as much as male players.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

This is a work of fiction where no one is hurt in real life and no real child is being married off. The audience has every right to demand their fantasy be satisfied and the artists has every right to pander to those fetishes to earn money. If some people do not like a certain media, they do not have to consume it.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

This is a work of fiction where no one is hurt in real life and no real child is being married off. The audience has every right to demand their fantasy be satisfied and the artists has every right to pander to those fetishes to earn money. If some people do not like a certain media, they do not have to consume it.

So you think it's okay to be sexually attracted to children? Because sexualizing children even in fiction seems to imply that to me. Which is just not right. Imo, if you're sexually attracted to kids, you're a perv.