New Special Heroes Incoming: Bridal Bloom (May 21 ~): Bride Sanaki, Tharja, and Ninian (Groom Marth as TT reward)

Coolmanio

@Lewyn Fantasies are okay, acting on them is not. There's not a single person who doesn't have questionable thoughts but there's billions of people who can control themselves and realize the difference between fantasy and reality. That's the only real difference between those who are decent and those who aren't. Condemning the innocent even though they haven't committed a crime is wrong and you shouldn't spread that mind set around. 

36 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Btw I would totally whale to get a Rei crossover character in Heroes.

Also...what's the Fire Emblem equivalent of Rei vs. Asuka?

A crossover with Eva would be a dream come true <3, I love that anime. 

I'm surprised that after 18 pages ya'll still gotta talk about the controversy surrounding Sanaki. Not even Tharja's sexualized wedding outfit can interfere with this debate 'O'

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

If people can make their fantasy reality they often will.

Again, you accusing people of doing something that they would not do and spinning it totally out of control.

It would not make sense for me to accuse you of thought suppression and then exaggerate it even further as a conspiracy to take away the freedom of speech and destroy our democracy. You are not the second coming of Hitler and I would be wrong if I demonized you that way since all you wanted was just censoring content you are uncomfortable with.

They don't have to pin a child down and force them, they could tell an unknowing child to do this or that or undress or whatever and convince themselves the child is okay with it.  It is nothing liking nonconsensual stuff with an adult which would basically be force or drugs and most don't have it in them to do something like that.  You can trick a child, or fool them into believing that it is okay.

Children do not have the legal capacity to give consent, so whether you persuade them or drug them and then violate them, it would still be considered rape. Most people are not so ethically inept to take advantage of children that way.

You know how much child molestation goes on? Do you know how many of those people would say the child was okay with it so it is fine?

Those are a minority. You are putting words in innocent pedophiles' mouths. You are bullying and demonizing innocent people and painting them as monsters when they clearly are not. Fear mongering is counterproductive, harmful, and hurtful. You are basically almost committing borderline libel against a group of innocent people.

Your comparisons to violence, bad driving don't work at all and is a strawman argument. 

How is that a straw man argument?

"A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent." - Wikipedia

You are claiming BB!Sanaki normalizes child marriages and I am giving you counter examples that video games do not normalize bad behavior.

The only thing holding them back is the law in countries where that applies, and how the culture views it. 

And that is enough to differentiate between innocent people and criminals. Treating innocent people as criminals is fucked up.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, Hekselka said:

Yeah and this is why context matters. IS has shown that they are willing to pander to the weird otaku crowd by putting nowi, elise, witch nowi, sakura and nyx in their games. They don't get the benefit of the doubt.

Do you really put Sanaki on same level as Now I or Elisse? PoR and RD were practically antithesis of waifu wars that came after it. Hell Not even main protagonist got girl there. 

Look on her design, there is nothing sexual about it and there is no marriage involved. Bridal Sanaki is as much lolicon pandering as original Tikki or Fae. 

24 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

This is about presenting a person in a sexual manner who never should be presented as such. 

I'm going to stop you right there. People can interpret the whole Sanaki stuff as they wish but she is being presented in a sexual manner? Please, that's a lie. Compare her damaged art with any other female, or more specifically Nowi. 

Spoiler

Full_Injured_Nowi_Eternal_Youth.png?verssnacki.jpg.cd143499ece20a7b5ec1ccb137a61e2c.jpg

You can see how Nowi's art has some obvious pandering angles (like the legs) while Sanaki's barely shows anything, her pose isn't sexual in the slightest, it's just a little girl holding onto her bouquet (if it was a teddy bear it would change nothing). 

I won't comment on anything else as it is a huge can of worms I don't want to be part of but I wanted to point out that despite what you think of this Sanaki and what you think IS intentions were you have to acknowledge that the drawing itself is not sexualized. It may pander to a certain demographic (may being a key word, it's not a fact) and it is fanservice but it's not sexual at all.

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

omg is this pointless discussion still going on?!?

It is not pointless. The amount of effort we put into arguing proves how much we love Fire Emblem.

1 minute ago, Tenzen12 said:

Do you really put Sanaki on same level as Now I or Elisse? PoR and RD were practically antithesis of waifu wars that came after it. Hell Not even main protagonist got girl there. 

Look on her design, there is nothing sexual about it and there is no marriage involved. Bridal Sanaki is as much lolicon pandering as original Tikki or Fae. 

No, that's not what I was saying.

I was saying that because of IS antics with Nowi and Elise in the past I don't see why I should give them the benefit of the doubt with BrideSanaki and not assume that when they were discussing what characters they were going to put on the wedding banner that some guy said "Let's put Sanaki in a wedding gown, the lolicons would love that!".

There's also the "don't get any weird ideas" line which is a really not so subtle way of IS to acknowledge the crowd they're pandering to and shows that they knew what they were doing.

You can't marry Tiki (at least not her loli form) or Fae and the warriors team were at least smart enough to give Tiki a flower girl costume.

Or maybe they just didn't want people get weird ideas? When Hector said I am here just kick some asses" Was unsubtle way for IS acknowledge crowd of fujoshi wanting him romance Eliwood?

Plus lot if people including you did get weird ideas, so if IS were to send message after all it would be to people like you to simply not read too much in it.

Edited by Tenzen12

39 minutes ago, XRay said:

It is not pointless. The amount of effort we put into arguing proves how much we love Fire Emblem.

No.

Congratulations, you got another topic closed.

IF you want to continue to discuss the morality of this, make a topic in Serious Discussion (but do read the sticky first, I'm a lot less forgiving there).

The next person who brings this up in this subforum is getting a suspension.  I closed the first topic for a reason.