Tempest Trials: Loki’s Flames!

Vaximillian

htkskoc.png

All aboard the new Tempest Trial event, subtitled Loki’s Flames, scheduled to start on May 25th and last until June 3rd!

The story involves Loki and Laegjarn this time. Will Masked Marth reveal himself before Prince Marth? Time will tell.

681489d.png

The most anticipated reward for the event is Marth: Altean Groom, marking the moment when the OG lord finally gets a Heroes alt.

Both bridal and vanilla versions of Marth, Ninian, Sanaki, and Tharja will be our bonus units:
Screenshot_20180522-140837.jpg

These are our important rewards this time:
1,000 points: 4★ Marth;
6,000 points: Atk/Def 1 seal;
10,000 points: Spd Smoke 1 seal;
12,500 points: one Wind blessing;
15,000 points: 5★ Marth;
20,000 points: Flier Formation 1 seal.

Show off your Marths marrying your Caedas, folks!

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marth and the Brides being bonus units would make sense. But then again, Marisa and the Sacred Memories units being bonus units for her Tempest would have made sense as well. The title seems to imply a more story-driven Tempest like Shrouded by the Storm, but then, the Tempest doesn't coincide with a Legendary Banner to provide a source for the bonus units. As for the final boss, making it Loki would make sense, given the Tempest is named after her, but she is a shapeshifter, and she was technically the boss of Shrouded by the Storm, just in the form of Fjorm. It's possible that Loki will be the final boss, just not as Loki. I dunno. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I'll be using Bride Sanaki as my bonus unit, along with Groom Marth when I get him.  Will give her Guidance seal so she can ferry Nowi around.  Can't wait to learn what new seals we will get, that's always the most exciting part of the gauntlets for me besides the free 5*.  

I'm predicting a bonus set similar to the "shrouded by the storm" tempest, which probably will be a mix of legendary and CYL heroes with Marth.

The brides already have their voting gauntlet

Edited by Korath88

I would have thought the bonus units would have been from one of Marth's games, but it doesn't look like the voting gauntlet has it's own banner, so I'm thinking the brides might be the bonus units too.

Honestly, I'm expecting the brides to be the bonus units. I don't have any nor do I plan to pull for any, so I'll just muddle through until I get Marth <3 At least it's not as detrimental as it used to be :) 

I really want to see his art >.< I'm hoping it's not awful, since I don't really like how two of the brides look this year and didn't like how two of them looked last year... But fingers crossed :) 

I'm glad that wondering who the bonus units will isn't an issue anymore. The freebie TT unit giving the full bonus was a great change. I'll probably just auto battle with Marth + some armors, which worked well enough with Finn in the last TT.

I'm gonna guess we get another threaten or seal skill, plus possibly Spd Ploy and Res Tactic. Hopefully they don't skip over Spd Ploy for a worse filler skill. I'd like to have that one, since I'd rather fodder an Arvis for Def Ploy and then use Spd Ploy in the seal when possible, since we have more fodder of him than Saias.

I am guessing all the brides will be the bonus units so it looks like I will need to build a team around bride!Cordelia which will be easy since she is one of my best archers.  I want to see the seals for this one since I am sitting on 100+ coins waiting for a seal I want to max out.

I'm gonna wait for the reveal of the next legendary banner before deciding what banner deserves my orbs. So that means I've got Cordelia, Charlotte, and later Marth. The TT will be mostly over before I could add another bride to that team.

Interestingly, I have two spare Brave Bow+ and a spare Firesweep Bow in case I want to equip my +Atk/-HP Cordelia. My Charlotte is +Atk/-Res as well, good natures.

I highly doubt all seven brides will be bonus units. It will probably be the new 3+marth+4 others. Like I could see Fjorm back as a bonus unit.

It's also possible they just go with an entirely different theme. Marisa was on a tempest (coincidentally, the last time we had Loki as a boss) that was made entirely of Legendary Banner units (Fjorm, L-Ike, Gunnthra, PA-Azura, B-Lucina, S-Robin, S-Xander)

Edited by r_n

It would be nice if I could use my Bridelia as a bonus unit.  If I'm lucky enough to get Bride Ninian, I can use her, since I always have a dancer on my Tempest team.

Damn, that Spd will make her hard to kill without the bonus stats. Thankfully my Cordelia will be able to destroy her easily.

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

Welp, no new unit outside of the Brides (and Marth) in the new update, so I'm guessing the reward for this will be a repeat.

Marth is going to be the reward.

18 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Sure! Give this thick lady a brazen. Oh? What's that? It's brazen atk/spd

Reinhardt had Brazen Atk/Spd too. Because one-shotting bosses is too easy, I guess.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Reinhardt had Brazen Atk/Spd too. Because one-shotting bosses is too easy, I guess.

But she actually has a speed stat. Doubling 41 by onerounding will be a bit difficult without something like bold fighter or a heavy hitting brave lance. That is if you don't get hit first