Tempest Trials: Loki’s Flames!

Vaximillian

Using Tharja + Sanaki bridal edition, Ninian and Bride Lyn (that one is accidental, i  just need lot of SP to inherit and refine Pani/gravity for Lyn emblem sheningans). I was worried about high res enemies, but bonus unit boost and occasional icebarg/Luna make no difference.

Also Tharja and Sanaki just got married, I think I will need hell for more than one kind of offender

Edited by Tenzen12

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was worry about Loki... but this Tempest Trial is pretty easy. My Team:

Legendary Ike (+Def/-HP): Ragnell / Reposition / Radiant Aether / Warding Breath / Quick Riposte 3 / Def Tactic 3 / Distant Def 3 SS;

Siegbert (+Spd/-HP): Dark Greatsword / Reposition / Draconic Aura / Death Blow 3 / Swordbreaker 3 / Atk Tactic 3 / Def Tactic 3 SS;

Legendary Lyn (+Res/-Def): Swift Mulagir / Reposition / Luna / Laws of Sacae / Desperation 3 / Spd Tactic 3 / Atk Smoke 3 SS;

Bride Niniam (+HP/-Def): Fresh Bouquet (Spd) / Dance / Glimmer / Attack/Res 2 / Chill Atk 3 / Res Tactic 3 / Breath of Life 2 SS.

Here to warn people that some of these maps in the TT appear to have bugs that prevent cavalry from moving on tiles that they should be able to move on. I've had it happen twice so far and it's already forced me to use a second team once. These tiles were blank tree-less tiles, and yet my Frederick couldn't move on them while other units could.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Here to warn people that some of these maps in the TT appear to have bugs that prevent cavalry from moving on tiles that they should be able to move on. I've had it happen twice so far and it's already forced me to use a second team once. These tiles were blank tree-less tiles, and yet my Frederick couldn't move on them while other units could.

Happen to have a map and tile?

5 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Happen to have a map and tile?

No screenshots, sorry. I didn't think about it at the time.

But the tiles that are bugged are these:

The lower right corner of the snow map where there are two bridges, and one bridge is blocked by trees. No tree or anything there, and yet Frederick couldn't move on it.

And then one tile towards the middle of the final map. It's the tile above the one with a #1 on it in the map the OP has. Nothing there either, looks like the rest of the tiles with lava, just with a bit of a different distribution of the lava colors as is the case with some other tiles Frederick did move on. And this map has zero things that are trees or look like trees.

Edited by Anacybele

Happily running Lunatic 5 with a team of Marth, Bunny Al, Legendary Ephraim and Kaze. Currently at 10k but aim to have 15k soon enough and then Alfonse will be switched with Groom Marth instead ^.^

7 hours ago, Humanoid said:

For some reason I've got it in my head that Ephraim is a dancer, almost got me killed a couple of times when I attempted to dance one of my ranged nukes only to find him using Swap instead. I guess I should just accept it and bring Ninian instead next run. Dammit Ephraim, learn to dance!

I don't know where you got this impression, but I like it. Dancer Ephraim, when? xD 

Edited by Cute Chao

Don't know if any of you guys have caught on, but they are implying that Loki is a hardcore KINKY lesbian and child pedo. Wants to "bathe" Lavaetain and Laejarn. And she's looking for our "brides". So it seems she wouldn't mind a four-way with Tharja, who is basically as well-endowed as she is(and unattractive below the face. Actually, I never liked Tharja's face, but Loki is alright); Ninian, who looks like a very nice 16 year old; and the child Sanaki. 

As far as strategy goes, it seems like I'm rolling through with a -Spd/+Def Tharja just fine(that's the 5-star I got through the banner. I have others with better stats, but burning feathers just for better IVS for someone I normally don't use? Nah. . It is actually surprising to see how tanky she can be physically with the bonuses and the buff from DEF Tactic or a Rally in this Trial. Halloween Henry, even without QR, is good a finishing off Loki as long as the other units can last to the final map. 

Black Knight and Valentine LIlina work real well out to round the team, but I'm not using Lilina anymore because she capped out HM. Atk Tactic is monstrous with a Blade tome user. 

Edited by SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre

1 hour ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Don't know if any of you guys have caught on, but they are implying that Loki is a hardcore KINKY lesbian and child pedo.

Eh, I don’t think those implications surprise any of us. It doesn’t surprise me, at any rate.

What does surprise me, though, is that Loki is apparently also Dracula’s Castle.

Regular Tharja and Groom Marth were made for each other. 

I'm making them reach S-support support once I get the 5-star version and having them tear through the Tempest. Robin and Sheeda will never know amidst the chaos of the Tempest Trial. Tharja is Marth's bachelor party. 

Yes, I want it that way(Backstreet Boys song[/x], and I will make it soStar Trek. Hahaha.

40 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Regular Tharja and Groom Marth were made for each other. 

True, I gave Marth Fortify RES and Hone SPD seal, Nana got DEF tactic to give Tharja the full buff. 

2 hours ago, BRO•STAR said:

I wonder if they'll ever add an Infernal mode for tempest trials. Lunatic has gotten a lot easier since launch, especially with the bonus unit buffs now being applied to every character.

I would appreciate that very much. Perhaps it would give manually playing folks a chance against auto-mode shenanigans. 

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

The lower right corner of the snow map where there are two bridges, and one bridge is blocked by trees. No tree or anything there, and yet Frederick couldn't move on it.

As you can see, my Legendary Ephraim was able to access the lower right corner of the map, so no bugs here. You could have been experiences Obstruct or a similar skill.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-05-25-15-53-06.png

Edited by Tactician Robin
Added a spoiler

16 minutes ago, Tactician Robin said:

As you can see, my Legendary Ephraim was able to access the lower right corner of the map, so no bugs here. You could have been experiences Obstruct or a similar skill.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_2018-05-25-15-53-06.png

The enemies didn't have those skills though. It may be a bug that only occurs sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The enemies didn't have those skills though. It may be a bug that only occurs sometimes.

Do you remember the specific enemies of the map by any chance? Personally, I've never experienced this problem and this map was in the Branded King's Tempest.

1 minute ago, Tactician Robin said:

Do you remember the specific enemies of the map by any chance? Personally, I've never experienced this problem and this map was in the Branded King's Tempest.

At this point, no, I don't remember anymore. But I do remember neither of them having those skills.

4 hours ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Don't know if any of you guys have caught on, but they are implying that Loki is a hardcore KINKY lesbian and child pedo. Wants to "bathe" Lavaetain and Laejarn. And she's looking for our "brides". So it seems she wouldn't mind a four-way with Tharja, who is basically as well-endowed as she is(and unattractive below the face. Actually, I never liked Tharja's face, but Loki is alright); Ninian, who looks like a very nice 16 year old; and the child Sanaki. 

I don't think they are implying any such thing.  Loki flirts with everyone.  She is being a good villain using every asset she has at her disposal. She looks down on everyone else and just plays with these inferior beings for kicks.  Not just for kicks though. Regardless of if they are into Loki or not, it throws off their focus and concentration.  Either through lusting after her, or through annoying them and angering them.  

The real Loki, what her personality is really like, her real goals, her real appearance even.  Well that is all shrouded in mystery.  By the time it is found out, likely it will be too late.  She is a villain other villains should aspire to.

11 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

The real Loki, what her personality is really like, her real goals, her real appearance even.  Well that is all shrouded in mystery.  By the time it is found out, likely it will be too late.  She is a villain other villains should aspire to.

I believe Loki is the true villan of Book II. I thinks she want to destroy all kingdoms or take them all for herself. Maybe she thinks she cannot defeat Askr alone, so she is helping Múspell to do it. And once Surtr conquer Askr, she will do something against him to defeat him. Laegjarn said Loki didn't swear loyalty to Surtr, so she is basically helping Múspell to defeat the other kingdoms, so only the Kingdom of Flame will survive, and then Loki will enter in action.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I don't think she want own anything, much less country. Neither is her goal destruction on it's own (that's Sutrs schtick). If anything Laeg evaluation seems fairly accurate. Loki might set big evil dragon free or army of doom, but that's just means to make world more interesting and she would probably be little sad if good guys lost easily.

3 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

I don't think she want own anything, much less country. Neither is her goal destruction on it's own (that's Sutrs schtick). If anything Laeg evaluation seems fairly accurate. Loki might set big evil dragon free or army of doom, but that's just means to make world more interesting and she would probably be little sad if good guys lost easily.

Yeah. Maybe Loki just want to bring the chaos to the world. Loki herself said it in the "Shrouded by the Storm" Tempest Trial:

Loki: "What do I want? The joy of destroying worlds, and spreading chaos..."

Maybe Loki is the one causing the Tempest since the beginning.

11 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

If I recall from the xenologue before the first Tempest Trials, it was Loki that convinced Veronica to perform the ritual that created the Tempest in the first place. So while the actually cause if more likely linked to that ritual or whatever, Loki is definitely the one behind the Tempest being a thing.

I sorta miss when the Tempest Trials didn't have buffs. I now sweep with Lunatic 7 A/A literally every time barring some stupid mistake cause I'm half paying attention. And I'm just farming SP because I'm optimizing some old characters that have bad skills, with L!Ike / Ninian / Eirika / Boey (Spring Alfonse got all his skills finally). But with the buffs, it's too easy.

I used to have to use my kickass team (Robin/Lucina/PA!Azura/BonusUnit) and it was a challenge to get through because only one had the buffs. But this sorta makes it feel more like grinding which I don't like.

Loki is weird. I don't understand this weird obsession with lesbian's and bathing children. Like why is that such a thing you see in this culture. I don't get it, but I'm 0 surprised. I wish they made an Infernal difficulty of TT with the buffs only on bonus characters. That would be fun!

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I believe Loki is the true villan of Book II. I thinks she want to destroy all kingdoms or take them all for herself. Maybe she thinks she cannot defeat Askr alone, so she is helping Múspell to do it. And once Surtr conquer Askr, she will do something against him to defeat him. Laegjarn said Loki didn't swear loyalty to Surtr, so she is basically helping Múspell to defeat the other kingdoms, so only the Kingdom of Flame will survive, and then Loki will enter in action.

39 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah. Maybe Loki just want to bring the chaos to the world. Loki herself said it in the "Shrouded by the Storm" Tempest Trial:

Loki: "What do I want? The joy of destroying worlds, and spreading chaos..."

Yes this 2nd statement is what I believe.  Create worlds of chaos.  Complete disorder, war.  No ruler, no law, completely unpredictable.  She is the Joker, except sane.