Tempest Trials: Loki’s Flames!

Vaximillian

5 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I'm sorry but how do you guys get so many points so fast?  Like people on reddit who already got all the rewards and over 50k points.  

They spend the day grinding the TT, and only grinding the TT. So in other words, it’s a great measure in determining who the sad no-lifes are.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Sunsurge said:

I sorta miss when the Tempest Trials didn't have buffs. I now sweep with Lunatic 7 A/A literally every time barring some stupid mistake cause I'm half paying attention. And I'm just farming SP because I'm optimizing some old characters that have bad skills, with L!Ike / Ninian / Eirika / Boey (Spring Alfonse got all his skills finally). But with the buffs, it's too easy.

I used to have to use my kickass team (Robin/Lucina/PA!Azura/BonusUnit) and it was a challenge to get through because only one had the buffs. But this sorta makes it feel more like grinding which I don't like.

Loki is weird. I don't understand this weird obsession with lesbian's and bathing children. Like why is that such a thing you see in this culture. I don't get it, but I'm 0 surprised. I wish they made an Infernal difficulty of TT with the buffs only on bonus characters. That would be fun!

It the PG-13 way of making things "adult". FE wants to be like The Witcher or Game of Thrones but cannot go that far due kids being the targeted audience of the games

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

They spend the day grinding the TT, and only grinding the TT. So in other words, it’s a great measure in determining who the sad no-lifes are.

Hmm, don't understand why people would do that now when it is so easy to get full rewards.  Do 2 runs with the triple bonus and one more regular run per day on the 7 stage lunatic and you will get all rewards.  

Welp, got 5* Groom Marth. Honestly not sure how to build him. At the very least, I may give him Reposition and Bonfire and keep Drive Atk 2 and his axe but not sure what else to give him.

4 hours ago, Sunsurge said:

I sorta miss when the Tempest Trials didn't have buffs. I now sweep with Lunatic 7 A/A literally every time barring some stupid mistake cause I'm half paying attention. And I'm just farming SP because I'm optimizing some old characters that have bad skills, with L!Ike / Ninian / Eirika / Boey (Spring Alfonse got all his skills finally). But with the buffs, it's too easy.

I used to have to use my kickass team (Robin/Lucina/PA!Azura/BonusUnit) and it was a challenge to get through because only one had the buffs. But this sorta makes it feel more like grinding which I don't like.

Loki is weird. I don't understand this weird obsession with lesbian's and bathing children. Like why is that such a thing you see in this culture. I don't get it, but I'm 0 surprised. I wish they made an Infernal difficulty of TT with the buffs only on bonus characters. That would be fun!

Non-bonus characters stop receiving buffs after the two initial runs so you can still have that challenge every run afterwards before the daily reset.

6 hours ago, Lewyn said:

I'm sorry but how do you guys get so many points so fast?  Like people on reddit who already got all the rewards and over 50k points.  

I was bored yesterday evening and played a couple of hours on lunatic/7. With 2-3 bonus units you almost never loose a unit before map 7.  

4 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Hmm, don't understand why people would do that now when it is so easy to get full rewards.  Do 2 runs with the triple bonus and one more regular run per day on the 7 stage lunatic and you will get all rewards.  

Well, the last days where almost without new content and I was longing to actually play FEH and try my new or newly promoted units.

Of course I won't do this every day and it doesn't make sense anymore to try for a top 5k ranking manually, since auto-ing became so easy for everybody. 

3 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Welp, got 5* Groom Marth. Honestly not sure how to build him. At the very least, I may give him Reposition and Bonfire and keep Drive Atk 2 and his axe but not sure what else to give him.

With Hone SPD seal he can buff all four stats of your blade mage. I gave him Fortify RES, since I tend to not use Rallys. 

6 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Ouch. 

May I ask how you've spend the Friday evening? Seems like I need some advice. 

I'm doing 10k a day like in the past few TT. I have almost 200 stamina pots so it's not like I can't go ham but I'm not really feeling like grinding, not like it matters much because after all the QoL changes IS made trying to get in the top 5k requires almost 200k points which is just not worth it.

24 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Ouch. 

May I ask how you've spend the Friday evening? Seems like I need some advice. 

Well if you asked this on most other weeks, my answer would be wasting away at my fast food job.

That isn’t the case this week, as I’m out of town to visit with family so I couldn’t sit around and grind this TT for hours on end even if I wanted to. That being said, I haven’t ignored this TT either (at 14,317, no stamina pots used).

I was wondering before this TT started whether I could be bothered going for the top 10k ranks. Well, 24 hours into the event and I've only done the mandatory three battles, with the third being the level 8 one (to level up my brides), so I think that answers that question.

3 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Okay, now, all units are getting the stat bonus ? TTs are going easier and easier...

All units get stat boosts for the two bonus runs, afterwards it’s only the bonus heroes.

I'm not having much fun playing this game at the moment, so yesterday I just couldn't motivate myself doing more than a few runs. Currently I'm just stockpiling feathers and orbs and have no idea what to do with them.

Ninian already maxed HM with the few runs I did yesterday, so now I'm running a team of OG!Marth, Sanaki (who will both max HM soon too), P!Inigo and Linde. Marth was granted his refinement for the TT and it's fun using my Fury 3 + Desperation build + Close Defense 3 seal. He's +DEF also and really bulky now. My Sanaki is -ATK +RES and is probably one of the few units that are still good to go with a -ATK bane. My Lilina is a lot better than her now, but Sanaki is a great RES tank and Glacies makes up for her lower (and still great) attack. I was also a bit disappointed when I pulled Linde instead of Ishtar, but I gave Linde LaD3 and now I really appreciate her and with Aura and Breath of Life 3 she's a good pseudo healer as well. I'd like to give her Desperation, but I only have one Shanna left and can't seem to pull her any longer. 

Now I just have to decide which red horse to dust off once Marth and Sanaki have to leave my team and the other Marth has to join my team for points...

10 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Could be any of:

1. Rushing for their internet pride of a high score

2. Rushing to collect orbs as quickly as possible to summon earlier

3. Collecting all 50k rewards early so they don't have to play TT for the remaining duration

4. Getting an early start on their goal of top1k or top5k rankings, to reduce time spent playing another day

5. Some other reason.

. . .someone pry my phone out of my fingers.  Please.

Running Ares, Minerva, Mist, and Ninian.  If Ares can't nuke it in one round, Minerva probably will. . .and she's -Spd to boot.  Mist fixes the speed problems my team has, and things weak to magic crumple under Ninian.  -Atk Ninian, too.

Thanks for everyone's explanations on how they gather points so fast.  For me Tempest trials are very fun, in small doses.  So I do the 2 triple score runs, and one more per day.  This insures all rewards and it doesn't become monotonous/tedious to me.  In addition I like to build ally supports and such during these if possible.

I am very happy with how far these trials have come.  The first trial I did not grind to get Quickened Pulse, had to spend sacred coins to create one.  The worst was the Tobin trial, I only got 4 star Tobin, didn't get Phantom speed either.  They were so so grindy back then and I've never been a grinder. 

My stupid team of Sanaki, 4★ Selena, Azura, and Priscilla has just reached 25,000 mark. Selena needs investment badly, but she still works pretty well. Obviously, blues (especially Hardin and girl Morgan) are a thorn in this team’s collective rear, but I do have my dragons (Ninian, adult Tiki, Nowi, and Myrrh) to clean up.

Well I had nothing to do yesterday and I knew I would be busy this 3 day weekend so I am sitting at 35k points right now and G!Marth is fully trained and SI'ed and is a real champ for me.  Now I am just grinding SP on units that need it for the rest of the TT.

I happily got to Groom Marth yesterday and am using today (after power levelling him with Lyn, Jakob and M!Kana yesterday, all of whom needed levelling since they were sitting at 5* 1). Out of curiosity, tried Lunatic 7 with my current team (Marth, Groom Marth, Kaze and Legendary Ephraim). Did pretty well. I mostly tried it to see if the HM was much better, but it didn't seem too much more. Might be me being greedy, though. 

Edited by Cute Chao

21 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Non-bonus characters stop receiving buffs after the two initial runs so you can still have that challenge every run afterwards before the daily reset.

I know, but I only do it for the two initial runs. XD And then I'm done for the day.

Decided to run Lunatic 7 for a bit. Was doing really well until I lost Legendary Ephraim early on twice in a row (fourth map first time - frickin' Lunge on Eldigan got him into frickin' Deridre's frickin' path) and Map 1 due to a double frickin' Tiki. 

Both times, I quit instantly. I'd rather do that than waste my time slogging through the maps... plus I may have been slightly annoyed xD 

That being said, I'll keep on at Lunatic 7 for the HM. Decided it is worth it since the slog isn't as bad as it used to be. If I keep dying early, I'll switch back to Lunatic 5. 

Edited by Cute Chao