Tempest Trials: Loki’s Flames!

Vaximillian

On 5/25/2018 at 11:43 AM, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

(and unattractive below the face. Actually, I never liked Tharja's face, but Loki is alright);

Unattractive?

20 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Ouch. 

May I ask how you've spend the Friday evening? Seems like I need some advice. 

Literally rolling in piles of women. It's not particularly comfortable or pleasant, but it is my duty.

Anyway, on topic, at about 35,000 now. Even the auto battling is starting to seem like a chore, which is kind of sad. Maybe it's because I'm not really interested in any of the rewards other than the orb, but eh, maybe next time.

As for Loki, I get that everyone rolled their eyes when her true form got revealed, but I quite enjoy her as a villain. I wish she'd won over Ronnie in CYL2, and that's only half because I'm vain.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Unattractive?

Despite all the flesh Tharja shows, I never found her sexy. I am completely unaffected by her. So subjectively  to me, yes she is unattractive. 

---------------------

Not in response to anyone, I would like to say Groom Marth with Darting Blow 3 doubles Loki. If he has a Ignis bomb and some some buffs nearby ready, Loki is toast.

21 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Despite all the flesh Tharja shows, I never found her sexy. I am completely unaffected by her. So subjectively  to me, yes she is unattractive. 

It's because of all the flesh to me.

2 hours ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Yeah, I mean even if her clothes show lot of skin, she is always crouching anyway and as I said before she looks lot of like insomniac zombie. And while her smirk definitely count as charm point it, I wouldn't say it is to be put on top10 list of smiles to be protected... 

She has interesting and (as far as I am concerned) likeable bad personality and design to emphasise it, but both her appearance and her personality are equally "unattractive"

Edited by Tenzen12

Since I got Cordelia yesterday, the idea of a bride themed team became obvious. I've never been a big fan of this bride stuff, the first banner made a diconcerting first impression on me. Anyway, those guys are just too adorable:

Bnm5mOo.jpg

Spoiler

caIqRmt.jpg

lrBeZqO.jpg

mPy477j.jpg

uLR4aFC.jpg

It will be only a temporary thing, since Lyn is near to max HM. Cordelia needs some spare SP, her bow is fine though. I've got enough quad Archers anyway (Setsuna and Innes). 

Edited by mampfoid

Been taking it kinda' easy this TT. For the first time in a while, I've got a nice stash of both feathers and orbs, so I'm not in a rush really. But I did just get all of the unique rewards. I've really been enjoying getting to use Groom Marth. He's so cheesy. It's beautiful. He kind of reminds me of that magical boy anime. I had just started a support between Marth and Bride Caeda, but decided to switch it. Groom Marth works better with the -blade tome anyways. 

I ended up maxing out HM for Titania and Olwen. I also finished leveling up my 4 star Nanna at long last. Now I'm working on maxing out Merric's HM. Not getting to be on my Arena team these past two seasons has hurt a little bit. Running Groom Marth, Bride Caeda, Merric, and Marth is kind of funny. XD Once Merric's done, I'll probably switch back to Ninian since she was pretty close...and then maybe I'll go to Sanaki or Tharja. I don't really have the latter built however.... 

On 26/05/2018 at 11:49 AM, Vaximillian said:

All units get stat boosts for the two bonus runs, afterwards it’s only the bonus heroes.

Ah. Well, that's still make it too easy...

6 hours ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Ah, I got you. Tharja's Awakening portrait I never did find particularly attractive, but it seems like they've been prettying her up elsewhere, though yeah still not the nicest face in the world. Loki on the other hand is quite the looker in just about every category IMO. But certainly to each their own. Just surprised me seeing someone say Tharja's body of all things is unattractive, so I was curious is all.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

I'm thinking that if I judged Fire Emblem characters by their attire, I wouldn't like a single character in the entire franchise.

Really? :0

9 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Ah, I got you. Tharja's Awakening portrait I never did find particularly attractive, but it seems like they've been prettying her up elsewhere, though yeah still not the nicest face in the world. Loki on the other hand is quite the looker in just about every category IMO. But certainly to each their own. Just surprised me seeing someone say Tharja's body of all things is unattractive, so I was curious is all.

Despite being attracted to girls, not the biggest fan of the skintights and the exposed cleavage and what-have-you. Something about it actually repulses me- even a rather modest neckline like Caeda's is rather awful to my tastes. I'm guessing the asexual thing has something to do with it.

It makes the popularity of bikinis- the idea that skipping the summer season is anathema to normal people- baffling. Oh well, at least there's still some conservative female designs here and there to marvel at.

2 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Really? :0

Well, not literally, but I very much dislike the generic boobplate armour which FE has on just about everyone (both male and female), it's as if stomach protection is illegal in the FE multiverse. Also not a fan of the crazy number of girls wearing skirts either. I'm not demanding historically-accurate armour or anything like that - I understand why almost no one wears a helmet for instance - but the general aesthetic isn't really to my tastes. As I said though, I've learned to look past most of it (bar the most ridiculous like Camilla) so I can like characters just fine regardless of the silliness of their outfits. I mean, 90% of the time I only see their face anyway so eh, last time I had animations on was well over a year ago.

In the interests of fairness I will name a few I do like. First that come to mind are Selena and Laslow's gambesons, which are quite well done and a refreshing change of direction - if this becomes the baseline for generic armour in future games, that'd be great. On a less fighty note, I don't mind outfits clearly not meant to be armour but practical for travel or day-to-day wear like say Joshua or Fae - maybe Lucina if she ditched the ridiculous cuffs. For people closer to nobility, something like Reinhardt, Olwen or Sanaki is fine too, as it befits their non-combat roles.

That said, I admit I'm a little biased because I prefer pants to skirts in real life too. ;)

P.S. As for Tharja, I think a makeover like Ally Sheedy in the Breakfast Club would do her some good. :P

Edited by Humanoid

2 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

I'm guessing the asexual thing has something to do with it.

I'm asexual too. Maybe that's why I don't dig big boobs, a lot of cleavage, or a lot of skin-tight clothes either. On either gender. I like a guy with some muscles, but I don't care about anything below his waistline (I do like Summer Freddy's legs, but more because of just how damn strong they look, not so much how attractive they are). Even my favorite guys can look awful to me if you put them in something I despise. Like...that one Awakening summer art someone made that has Frederick in a thong.  Just wtf, it's not even in character for him, let alone does it look good imo.

I like seeing Frederick's and Ike's muscles, but you don't need to emphasize their manhoods for me. I don't care about manhoods.

I would like this time to say how much I love Loki as a villain. She has been my discord PFP for a while now because I love her so much. I love how so much about her, her motives, her true personality, are all a mystery. Also, her design fits PERFECTLY with her personality. She is a trickster and she knows it. 

Also her theme is lit (The song that plays in the final chapter of this tt). I never realized how amazing this theme was until now.)

8 hours ago, Michelaar said:

I would like this time to say how much I love Loki as a villain. She has been my discord PFP for a while now because I love her so much. I love how so much about her, her motives, her true personality, are all a mystery. Also, her design fits PERFECTLY with her personality. She is a trickster and she knows it. 

Also her theme is lit (The song that plays in the final chapter of this tt). I never realized how amazing this theme was until now.)

Yeah, I've got nothing against Loki- I agree with the bulk of that. I'm just not the biggest fan of looking at her while she's untransformed.

1 hour ago, bethany81707 said:

Yeah, I've got nothing against Loki- I agree with the bulk of that. I'm just not the biggest fan of looking at her while she's untransformed.

I'm just going to pretend the Loki as shown to everyone right now is yet another illusion and that Loki's true form is either incomprehensible or Loki's actually a purple puffball. It's totally the latter, though.

Seriously though, Loki's shown to be able to transform and take the forms of other people, so who's to say the current form isn't also fake or someone Loki's assuming and possibly dead or killed by Loki. If Loki is some sort of deity, then there's a chance Loki's true form isn't remotely even human. At least it would make the story a bit more interesting.

14 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I'm thinking that if I judged Fire Emblem characters by their attire, I wouldn't like a single character in the entire franchise.

Not even pantsless OG Marth? Isn't his tiara, tunic, and sandals combo the most stylish of all known attire?

Edited by Kaden

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Seriously though, Loki's shown to be able to transform and take the forms of other people, so who's to say the current form isn't also fake or someone Loki's assuming and possibly is dead. If Loki is some sort of deity, then there's a chance Loki's true form isn't remotely even human. At least it would make the story a bit more interesting.

Or Loki could be "Loki", as in someone pretending to be Loki, but the real Loki is someone else elsewhere/died long ago. Real Loki may or may not appear later on.

Or Loki is a supercomputer that knows everything about the cosmos and yet can be hacked into to turn them into old naggy mother-in-law.

Or Loki is Xane having come out against the socially repressive atmosphere of the FE multiverse, and how in one world countless years ago Marth spurned her love. Falling into sorrow, Xane willingly let his mind degenerate, feeling living life as who she is not and without her love was meaningless. "Loki" has no rational free will, they are but the insane and true remnant of a once-great heroine.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Or Loki is a supercomputer that knows everything about the cosmos and yet can be hacked into to turn them into old naggy mother-in-law.

"Alfonse. In its current state, this world has little time remaining. You must choose. Will you allow it to continue to stagnate? Or will you allow it to evolve to the next level?"

"That is something I decided long ago!"

1 hour ago, bethany81707 said:

"Alfonse. In its current state, this world has little time remaining. You must choose. Will you allow it to continue to stagnate? Or will you allow it to evolve to the next level?"

...You're not that far off base with that one, for I believe you drew that from

Spoiler

Xenoblade Chronicles?

What I actually had in mind was Xenoblade Chronicles X. Its Definians, an enemy race never seen in the main story, but who appear rather prominently in sidequests, to the point it gets a little excessive. Basically they're assassins who are able to copy the appearances of others perfectly, and well...

latest?cb=20180325144853

Eyes on the two reasons why I would think of them thinking of Loki.

As for the supercomputer reference more precisely, it's to the leader/"mother" of the Definians, Fortun, who is just a floating round computer with holograms all around it. To complete one sidequest, you can either scrap her, or hack into her egotistical AI to make her more willing to cooperate, which makes her like a naggy mother. Don't get why she commands the Definians, but I don't mind.

I feel like Loki shouldn't have Brazen atk/spd

It makes her a lot faster than her boobs would suggest. Atleast have 1 of them deflate in the damaged art so she loses some weight

2 hours ago, Tsak said:

I feel like Loki shouldn't have Brazen atk/spd

She becomes really annoying if the player fails to ORKO her during their turn or the player's team gets rekt and has to be substituted (since Loki will automatically be in Brazen range).

In other news, capped out OG Tharja, so I have to change up my team. Team is now Ninian, OG Marth, Reinhardt, and Serra (since Mist capped). With Reinhardt being the only team member with a positional assist, this team sometimes feels like it leaves a bit to be desired.

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

With Reinhardt being the only team member with a positional assist, this team sometimes feels like it leaves a bit to be desired.

This is perhaps the first time I'm not running a unit with Reposition, Dance or Swap during TTs. Only BB!Tharja got Draw Back, but that's enough, since she, BB!Marth and BB!Cordelia nuke everything. 

I usually bait Loki into Sanaki (if my first team doesn’t fail) or Myrrh (if it does). She doesn’t do that much damage to Sanaki and charges her Iceberg, while Myrrh is undoubleable and has got QR.

My anti-Loki strats thus far:

Tharja, Ninian, Brave Lyn (+5 Firesweep), (insert healer here):
Brave Lyn ORKOs Loki if she procs Draconic Aura. Otherwise, it's a 2RKO.
Tharja 2RKOs Loki but requires healing as Loki deals a lot of damage in retaliation. Ninian has to be careful as Loki ORKOs her (my Ninian is +Res/-Spd).

+2 Marth, +10 Reinhardt, Ninian, (insert healer here):
Marth (baits and) deals a hit against Loki. Reinhardt finishes her off afterwards. Or Reinhardt suicide-bombs Loki (Loki survives and ORKOs him in retaliation) and Marth finishes her off.