Tempest Trials: Loki’s Flames!

Vaximillian

Regular Tharja was the lynchpin of my team in the first TT (alongside Nowi, Kagero and Olivia) so it'll be a blast from the past. I'll probably do manual with her, and auto with the Bridal version, alternating with Sanaki. Regular is 32/37 and has blade which works better when player controlled, Bridal is 32/35 but probably works better on autopilot. Poor Snacki, she's +atk but I basically haven't used her since she hit 40 because Lilina.

I'll probably field Ninian too, but Bridal Sanaki probably is a bit fragile for autobattle. I guess with Iote's Shield it might be okay. Never pulled a decent Marth so he'll stay at 0 HM sadly.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 19/05/2018 at 2:19 AM, Vaximillian said:

From the subtitle, it looks like the story of the event will have something to do with Loki. From the datamined header, it looks like she’ll be the boss of the final map:

681489d.png

That's good Loki don't have Dazzling Staff in her b-slot, but Brazen Atk/Spd can be annoying.

Now I have to decide if I want regular Marth of regular Tharja to be in my first team.  I am think my first team will be B!Ike, B!Lucina, Inigo and Marth/Tharja.

11 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Now I have to decide if I want regular Marth of regular Tharja to be in my first team.  I am think my first team will be B!Ike, B!Lucina, Inigo and Marth/Tharja.

Hm... that's a tough one. I don't know what are the skills for each of your units, but I would choose Marth. The refined Falchion can boost allies' stats, and he also has Renewal 3 in his weapon, so he can be useful if he has Ardent Sacrifice. Tharja, being a blade tome user, is really strong but only if you team has field buffs to give to her. Also, Loki's weapon can limite Tharja's moviment.

@EricaofRenaisTwo support units, one tank and one dancer seems a bit iffy to me, where's the firepower? Granted all four will get TT boosts, and Lucina is pretty good offensively, but it's still a team that feels a bit short of killing power, and Inigo is like having a popgun as your only ranged threat. You might end up losing Speed score on hard-to-bait maps.

Dropping Ike or Lucina instead and using Marth as a medic might be a good option though.

Edited by Humanoid

40 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

@EricaofRenaisTwo support units, one tank and one dancer seems a bit iffy to me, where's the firepower? Granted all four will get TT boosts, and Lucina is pretty good offensively, but it's still a team that feels a bit short of killing power, and Inigo is like having a popgun as your only ranged threat. You might end up losing Speed score on hard-to-bait maps.

Dropping Ike or Lucina instead and using Marth as a medic might be a good option though.

I only really plan on using this team until I get 5* Groom!Marth and I don't do the hardest difficulty because I am not the best player, in fact this time round I will do hard 5 until I get to my cav team because I can take my time getting the rewards.  I don't care about rank so doing lunatic 7 tends to be a headache for me, the highest I go is lunatic 5 and only if I am using a really good team with a good bonus unit.  I just do TT for the rewards, and with getting rewards easier then before if I take an extra day it is fine.

3 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

I only really plan on using this team until I get 5* Groom!Marth and I don't do the hardest difficulty because I am not the best player, in fact this time round I will do hard 5 until I get to my cav team because I can take my time getting the rewards.  I don't care about rank so doing lunatic 7 tends to be a headache for me, the highest I go is lunatic 5 and only if I am using a really good team with a good bonus unit.  I just do TT for the rewards, and with getting rewards easier then before if I take an extra day it is fine.

I'm the same. I used to spam Lunatic 7 with Xander, Reinhardt, a dancer and a bonus, but it's just not fun any more, especially with Reinhardt at max HM and Xander, Inigo and Dark Shigure not far behind (preferred dancers). It feels like it takes way too much time. I'd rather not bother with Lunatic 7 and just run on Lunatic 5 with a different team. If I ever want points in a rush, I know the original team is there for me :) 

7 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm the same. I used to spam Lunatic 7 with Xander, Reinhardt, a dancer and a bonus, but it's just not fun any more, especially with Reinhardt at max HM and Xander, Inigo and Dark Shigure not far behind (preferred dancers). It feels like it takes way too much time. I'd rather not bother with Lunatic 7 and just run on Lunatic 5 with a different team. If I ever want points in a rush, I know the original team is there for me :) 

I always had a tough time with lunatic 7 I think the only time I did it was during the Christmas TT because I was using my armor emblem team that could take a bunch of hits.  Most of my favorites are maxed or close to maxing HM, so I have to switch up my TT teams every time.  Getting a good rank in TT now is too much trouble so I quit once I get all the rewards now.  I do TT for the rewards not feathers, so taking it slow and not stressing makes it much more enjoyable.

Interesting seals, I don't care about Atk/Def 2 but it will probably help those who use F2P guides so it's nice to have around. Flier Formation will be bonkers for my Flier Emblem team, if I give it to Hinoka she'll basically be her bow version but with a free B slot! Spd Smoke is certainly nice, although not that useful for my teams but I'm sure it'll find use when I try to do more Eirika solos for GHB/BHB so I'll upgrade it first.

I'm in an FE4/5 mood because of the last banner and the let's play of Mekkah so my team will be: Ares, Finn, WT!Olwen and Lachesis. Was sniping for blue but got pity broken by Ares (no blue orbs). So I'll be using him.

Wow.  My +Atk Sanaki will hit 60 base attack with the TT Bonus.  Add flier buffs, +3 Atk Sacred Seal, Death Blow 3, and her own weapon buffs, and she could easily hit triple digit damage even without procing her special.  Loki, you're done if the loli has Glimmer charged...

Btw does anyone know the origin of Loki's staff's name?  It seems like IS is trolling us with the most THICC character having, well, a thicc staff.

Edited by Charmeleonbrah

I think that a good defenses unit with QR (Or Vengeful Fighter) and a Healer will be enough for the last map. For the other part a Marth is enough once considered the TT bonuses.

Nice seals, but I think the only one that really deserves being level 3 is Spd Smoke for solos and GC, Flier Formation is nice and all but only if you have a Flier Team (especially with Azura from New York or Ninian), while Atk/Def 2... There is Close Defense already.

10 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Wow.  My +Atk Sanaki will hit 60 base attack with the TT Bonus.  Add flier buffs, +3 Atk Sacred Seal, Death Blow 3, and her own weapon buffs, and she could easily hit triple digit damage even without procing her special.  Loki, you're done if the loli has Glimmer charged...

Btw does anyone know the origin of Loki's staff's name?  It seems like IS is trolling us with the most THICC character having, well, a thicc staff.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Þökk

Hmm, I have regular Tharja and regular Marth at 4 stars. Not sure if it is really worth promoting either just for a TT, especially since I want to focus on making Arena Assault easy for myself by turning every green mage without a really special weapon into a Raven tome user. Seems like I'm going to rely on the freebie Groom Marth quite a bit this a go-around. 

Three red bonus units I do have (Tharja#1, Sanaki#1 and Marth#1) one red bonus unit I still want (Tharja#3). No idea how to make a team of them. Ninian#1 is near max HM, but Marth#2 seems like a good addition. 

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Were the bonus units actually confirmed? I missed it.

They were datamined and are on GamePress, but they're going to be officially confirmed tomorrow since the TT banner and bonus orbs start then.

Edited by Tybrosion

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

They were datamined and are on GamePress, but they're going to be officially confirmed tomorrow since the TT banner and bonus orbs start then.

Now I see.

So then my team is going to be Marth err, Marth, and normal Ninian. Well at least the three colors are covered. I actually have 500 divine dew sitting behind some emergency glass should the Askr Trio weapon upgrades get announced, but this sounds like a good time to grab Marth's upgrade seeing as how he'll be the healer on this team. Pretty annoying how red is so stacked on this bonus selection.

The seals seem alright but not nearly as nice as last TTs. Drive Atk and Def Tactic were both pretty awesome to get and none of these stick out nearly as much to me.

Spd Smoke is pretty nice and possibly saves foddering FH Takumi to some units. I think it'll be great for some dagger units, especially on Kaze so he then debuffs every stat alongside his native Atk Smoke. Flier Formation is kind of junk in my opinion, outside of adding to defense team jankiness. I never found it that useful on my Elincia. Not bad for throwing on a flier that doesn't usually carry a seal, at least. Seal Atk/Def isn't that useful, but it's at least fine for tossing on a tanky AA unit or something.

Edited by Alkaid