• Sharena, Princess of Askr
    • Anna, Commander
    • Fjorm, Princess of Ice
    • Ryoma, Supreme Samurai
    • Gunnthrá, Voice of Dreams
    • Robin, Fell Vessel
    • Ike, Vanguard Legend

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/07/2018 at 05:00 AM

1 hour ago, SilvertheShadow said:

You misunderstand me. I don’t want Grima to win it all (that wish would go to Fjorm), I simply wish for her to eliminate Ike. :)

Eh, that’s fine. Personally, I’m looking forward to Fjorm getting her face kicked in by Grima should the Elsa wannabe even make it that far. >:)

Edited by Tybrosion

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Eh, that’s fine. Personally, I’m looking forward to Fjorm getting her face kicked in by Grima should the Elsa wannabe even make it that far. >:)

I think Gunnthra is more like an Elsa wannabe.

- Princess with ice magic
- Eldest sibling in the royal family
- Villain attempts to kill her

All those apply to both. :P

1 minute ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Ike has more support in the west than Japan where the Robins in this case Grima is definitely much more popular and has more support.

That doesn't explain anything about how Robin currently has a 1.7 to 1 team size lead because the West greatly outnumbers Japan in terms of the number of players. A quick back-of-the-envelope estimate simply based on Youtube views and like counts puts the West as having 3 to 6 times as many players as Japan.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That doesn't explain anything about how Robin currently has a 1.7 to 1 team size lead because the West greatly outnumbers Japan in terms of the number of players. A quick back-of-the-envelope estimate simply based on Youtube views and like counts puts the West as having 3 to 6 times as many players as Japan.

Yeah, this.

Japan wouldn't be the reason for this at all.

The only thing I can think of is that Robin is a girl. Which is dumb imo. Men are great too. And imo, it's sexist to pick a character simply based on gender.

Edited by Anacybele

I joined team Grima because of this game I played with my cat but I'm actually surprised we have a chance to beat Ike. It probably has something to do with people not liking his RD self as much as his PoR self.

1 minute ago, ChickenBits said:

I joined team Grima because of this game I played with my cat but I'm actually surprised we have a chance to beat Ike. It probably has something to do with people not liking his RD self as much as his PoR self.

Like Grima is any better though? Horribly written, flat villain who's just "raarrgh, I wanna destroy the world!" Sure, Echoes and Heroes shed a bit more light on him, but too little too late imo. Should've been done years ago.

At least Ike overall was well written AND looks cool. I don't like how people separate RD Ike from PoR Ike when they're still the same person. I get that he's more interesting character-wise in PoR, but you can't just pretend that no longer exists when talking about RD Ike. Everything that applied to PoR Ike also applies to his RD self. RD Ike still went through all that development and earned all that respect he got and stuff, just in a different game.

If you don't care for RD Ike's design, well, that's a little different, I guess. But I feel like plenty of people like it and I also always felt like most people that liked PoR Ike were cool with RD Ike too.

Edited by Anacybele

12 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Mistletoe! Mistletoe! 

I bought a whole bunch at the storrrre!

I don't care. Who I kiss under there.

....(I forget the words)

Cold sores never bothered me anyway!

I hate Disney, but that parody (not my own, it was on the Tonight Show), was funny.

I'll let you all get back to your extended round of Emblem Party to see who gets to be the Superstar. FEH leaves out RNG/luck with normal battles, but brings it back in full force with the VGs.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And imo, it's sexist to pick a character simply based on gender.

Being attracted to only one of the two sexes is more common than being attracted to fewer or more than one.

Identifying with only one of the two sexes is more common than identifying with fewer or more than one.

It is definitely not sexist to be attracted to or to identify with only one sex.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wouldn't estimate views to player base especially when most revenue comes from Japan plus both videos are on the same channel.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Being attracted to only one of the two sexes is more common than being attracted to fewer or more than one.

Identifying with only one of the two sexes is more common than identifying with fewer or more than one.

It is definitely not sexist to be attracted to or to identify with only one sex.

I didn't say it was sexist to be attracted to only one gender. Where did you get that? I said it's sexist to like/pick characters solely based on gender. You don't have to be attracted to a character to like them. I really like Elincia, but I'm not attracted to females, so I'm not attracted to her.

2 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I wouldn't estimate views to player base especially when most revenue comes from Japan.

Got proof of this? Because I really doubt most revenue comes from such a tiny country when you also have the whole rest of the world to consider, including the massive US and Europe.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Like Grima is any better though? Horribly written, flat villain who's just "raarrgh, I wanna destroy the world!" Sure, Echoes and Heroes shed a bit more light on him, but too little too late imo. Should've been done years ago.

I didn't mean to bash Ike, just pointing out something I've noticed over the years. Some people say his RD self is too perfect(which completely invalidates what he goes through) since almost all of his growth happens in one game. Also I have no idea why Grima is as popular as he is. Reddit and Tumblr were losing themselves over his introduction into heroes simply because the summoner summoned an evil dragon whose hell bent on destroying everything. I like Grima for his design but like you said, he doesn't have much going for him.

Just now, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I wouldn't estimate views to player base especially when most revenue comes from Japan.

What the hell does revenue have anything to do with the Voting Gauntlet?

All players, regardless of how much they pay, have the opportunity to participate equally in the Voting Gauntlet. You can't pay for more flags.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I didn't say it was sexist to be attracted to only one gender. Where did you get that? I said it's sexist to like/pick characters solely based on gender.

Got proof of this? Because I really doubt most revenue comes from such a tiny country.

A "tiny country" where it's massively popular in mobile gaming of course it gets more money in the mobile market.

1 minute ago, ChickenBits said:

I didn't mean to bash Ike, just pointing out something I've noticed over the years. Some people say his RD self is too perfect(which completely invalidates what he goes through) since almost all of his growth happens in one game. Also I have no idea why Grima is as popular as he is. Reddit and Tumblr were losing themselves over his introduction into heroes simply because the summoner summoned an evil dragon whose hell bent on destroying everything. I like Grima for his design but like you said, he doesn't have much going for him.

And they're wrong because like you said, they're saying that like everything he went through in PoR doesn't exist. This is why you can't separate the two. Not saying RD Ike couldn't use a little more development, but I don't think he needed much since he got a lot in PoR.

I guess Grima's design is nice, but yeah, exactly. Has very little going for him. I can't understand his popularity either.

6 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I wouldn't estimate views to player base especially when most revenue comes from Japan plus both videos are on the same channel.

Actually, I believe most of FEH's revenue comes from overseas now, based on this article: https://nintendoeverything.com/kimishima-on-fire-emblem-heroes-share-of-overseas-sales-is-steadily-growing/. Japan still spends a lot for one country though.

What the hell does revenue have anything to do with the Voting Gauntlet?

All players, regardless of how much they pay, have the opportunity to participate equally in the Voting Gauntlet. You can't pay for more flags.

You CLEARLY don't get it at all but I'll finish and say this and no more replies to you.... just because an english trailer has "more views" doesn't equate to west players participating in the VG since its still niche in the mobile market despite how good its doing....,

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I didn't say it was sexist to be attracted to only one gender. Where did you get that? I said it's sexist to like/pick characters solely based on gender.

Because the character's sex isn't the underlying reason for picking the character. People that favor characters of a specific sex usually do so because they are either attracted to characters of that sex (e.g. straight males picking female characters) or identify with characters of that sex (e.g. straight males picking male characters), and neither of those sentiments are sexist.

4 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

A "tiny country" where it's massively popular in mobile gaming of course it gets more money in the mobile market.

Which still means absolutely nothing in terms of Voting Gauntlet participation. More money doesn't give a player more flags.

5 minutes ago, Tsuky said:

Actually, I believe most of FEH's revenue comes from overseas now, based on this article: https://nintendoeverything.com/kimishima-on-fire-emblem-heroes-share-of-overseas-sales-is-steadily-growing/. Japan still spends a lot for one country though.

That's a pretty big hint that overseas revenue is bigger too.

And I mean, like I said, this is comparing the players in US, Canada, Europe, Australia, and everywhere else to just Japan. One country vs the rest of the very populated world. xP

Well, if RD Ike loses, at least as PoR Ike, he won a gauntlet, and a big one. I just hope Ryoma is available in round 2.

7 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

You CLEARLY don't get it at all but I'll finish and say this and no more replies to you.... just because an english trailer has "more views" doesn't equate to west players participating in the VG since its still niche in the mobile market despite how good its doing....,

The English trailer for Legendary Robin has 3 times more views than the Japanese trailer and six times more likes.

The English trailer for Fallen Heroes has 2 times more views than the Japanese trailer and almost five times more likes.

I can't imagine the number of people who bother to "like" a video for a game they don't play to be significant compared to the number of people who play the game and bother to "like" the video.

And once again, how much money comes in from each geographic source means absolutely nothing for the Voting Gauntlet, which free-to-players and casual players can and do participate in.

And props to @Tsuky for that article, which also completely refutes your claim.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I think utility has to do with the popularity to a degree. Take Reinhardt for an example. He wouldn’t be half as popular should he have been a cruddy or average  unit. Hell, even if he was just good might not have been enough. For a good portion of the first year of Heroes, he was considered a broken unit and that was his claim to fame. I think this extends to Grima as well, moreso the male one over the female, but I digress. 

I don’t dislike Ike per se, but I find repeat winners so damn boring. This might be hypocritical considering the fact I supported Tharja in the second gauntlet she appeared in, but that had more to do with the fact that I was bitter that Sigurd beating my two previous choices being Katarina and Dorcas (especially the former), so I was just bitter and wanted revenge. 

5 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I think utility has to do with the popularity to a degree. Take Reinhardt for an example. He wouldn’t be half as popular should he have been a cruddy or average  unit. Hell, even if he was just good might not have been enough. For a good portion of the first year of Heroes, he was considered a broken unit and that was his claim to fame. I think this extends to Grima as well, moreso the male one over the female, but I digress. 

I don’t dislike Ike per se, but I find repeat winners so damn boring. This might be hypocritical considering the fact I supported Tharja in the second gauntlet she appeared in, but that had more to do with the fact that I was bitter that Sigurd beating my two previous choices being Katarina and Dorcas (especially the former), so I was just bitter and wanted revenge. 

RD Ike is a great unit though, not any better or worse than Grima Robin.

Grima Robin would be a repeat winner too, if you consider RD Ike one. Two different versions of Grima Robin, two different versions of Ike.

9 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Reinhardt and Lyn were the only two units in this game that actually got to the point of centralizing the meta after Skill Inheritance (we had Takumi and Hector before that, but the pre-Skill Inheritance era didn't last long enough to have as large of an impact). We haven't had a new one since then.

The current focus on armors isn't really any one specific unit that's being centralizing. It's the entire unit class, which is why we haven't had any new Reinhardts acquiring newfound fame and infamy.

The laguz are the best dragon designs in my opinion.

Well, no matter what, I'm very sad that more people joined one of my most disliked characters than Ike...