• Sharena, Princess of Askr
    • Anna, Commander
    • Fjorm, Princess of Ice
    • Ryoma, Supreme Samurai
    • Gunnthrá, Voice of Dreams
    • Robin, Fell Vessel
    • Ike, Vanguard Legend

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/07/2018 at 05:00 AM

2 minutes ago, Skylorella Con said:

Lol, guys don't be upset, it's just a game xD. But honestly this gauntlet was fun.

Btw next banner is most likely fe7.De5YIxSUYAAZyA7.jpeg.6ba3859d0da8921aea11affb8e5b7d50.jpeg

Is that Nino on a Horse?  I love Nino and all, but can we cool it with the alts?  Especially since we have a ton of characters from that game that still need in?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I doubt it.  Every time they do something with the multiplier, they just make it worse.  I actually prefer it when I don't really care who wins, so I can just go in and try to max my feather rank.  Good thing most of my favorite characters don't seem to get much attention from IS.

Well, then the gauntlet will forever be a pretty bad mode imo.

I mean, even with how crazy and satisfying Ike taking down Grima Robin was, it still wasn't really how I would've wanted it to happen. I would've rather Ike been the bigger team and win that way.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Maybe now IS will realize how problematic the mutliplier is and how much it actually punishes larger teams and try again to fix it.

There's nothing to save here, it started as a popularity contest and changed to coin toss. It doesn't reward anything meaningful.

Sadly it's not even much better or worse than domains.

1 minute ago, Lemmy said:

There's nothing to save here, it started as a popularity contest and changed to coin toss. It doesn't reward anything meaningful.

Spring Kagero defied the multipler. The way she just overwhelmed Alfonse was something. Then she beat Lucina

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Is that Nino on a Horse?  I love Nino and all, but can we cool it with the alts?  Especially since we have a ton of characters from that game that still need in?

It's a pegasus, there's just enough of a wing showing

5 minutes ago, Ginko said:

I'll promote my 3 star Alfonse to lv.1 4 stars and grab all freebies then leave.

As much as I'd want to bail in that scenario too, my +9 5* Cordelia cries out for the about 11,500 feathers she needs to be complete. Besides, I still got revenge as a motivating factor as I've already established.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I think it's a pegasus. 

Honestly, I'm tired of Alts as well but this seems to be the pattern. 

Well, this makes me more hopeful for a Tellius banner with a possible Soren alt. I'll happily accept that.

Edited by Skylorella Con

8 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

In my opinion the gauntlet was always the worst idea this game had conceived, no multiplier means that it is unfun and obvious who the winner it, with the multiplier means that all wins feel undeserved or more trouble than they are worth.

edit: at least in rival domains I never even feel loses because the teams are random.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

2 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

It's not really a coin toss, though.

It's probably closer to a popularity contest where the contestants are made to duel each other in a fencing match while the opponent's supporters pelt them with tomatoes. The supporters have more agency over the result than a coin toss, but not a lot.

3 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

I kinda like Rival Domains.  I like using the big armies.

2 minutes ago, Skylorella Con said:

I think it's a pegasus. 

Honestly, I'm tired of Alts as well but this seems to be the pattern. 

Well, this makes me more hopeful for a Tellius banner with a possible Soren alt. I'll happily accept that.

They seem to be getting lazier with the alts.  Olwen and Reinhardt don't even have different outfits.  Flexing your arm at 90 degrees shouldn't be an alternate form.

That was rather close, I didn't expect Guunthra to get that multiplier. Guess I'm on her team for another round unless Ike pulls a strong counterattack.

9 minutes ago, Skylorella Con said:

Lol, guys don't be upset, it's just a game xD. But honestly this gauntlet was fun.

Btw next banner is most likely fe7.De5YIxSUYAAZyA7.jpeg.6ba3859d0da8921aea11affb8e5b7d50.jpeg

Should've figured Genealogy would be the exception rather then a new trend, I'm expecting it to be F!Nino, Louise, and one of Pent or Nils. 

Edited by Medeus

...Another Nino though? Just why... the alts are so pointless.

In other news Gunnthra vs Alfonse is not a VG I was expecting for the last round. Alfonse is a no brainer then. 

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's not really a coin toss, though.

It's probably closer to a popularity contest where the contestants are made to duel each other in a fencing match while the opponent's supporters pelt them with tomatoes. The supporters have more agency over the result than a coin toss, but not a lot.

I couldn't think of a better metaphor, I was original going to call it a spin of the wheel due to the cyclical nature, but that's more symbolic than representational.

8 minutes ago, Medeus said:

Should've figured Genealogy would be the exception rather then a new trend, I'm expecting it to be F!Nino, Louise, and one of Pent or Nils. 

That would be an amazing banner. I hope Erk's a tempest award then.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

They seem to be getting lazier with the alts.  Olwen and Reinhardt don't even have different outfits.  Flexing your arm at 90 degrees shouldn't be an alternate form

Those two were lazy indeed and the most depressing thing was_they took Finn's place.

Edited by Skylorella Con

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

...Another Nino though? Just why... the alts are so pointless.

In other news Gunnthra vs Alfonse is not a VG I was expecting for the last round. Alfonse is a no brainer then. 

Well, Nino does befriend Florina. A Florino team for those who actually care? 

1 minute ago, Lemmy said:

I couldn't think of a better metaphor, I was original going to call it a spin of the wheel due to the cyclical nature, but that's more symbolic than representational.

pachinko, you win, you only get more balls to lose, you lose, you play for less time, you actually get something, you are only made to suffer next time.

so, gambling addiction, you never leave even though you are still punished for being invested.

I hate voting gauntlets, I would actually be happy if IS announced them retiring VG and replacing it with something else (more TT).

If Alfonse makes it to the final round, wow. Just wow.

Even if he only got here because of ~lol multipliers~ it really says a lot that the guy who got beaten down horrifically in the first gauntlet ever ... could actually make it to the finals.

The funnier thing is that spring!Alfonse actually made it to round 2 (although legitimately). So, unlike certain other repeat gauntlet participants who didn't win, Alfonse continues to improve and improve how well he does in gauntlets. Maybe that's why he's intelligent.

"I thought the multipliers were on my side!?"

Spoiler

1528164821074.jpg

I'm really surprised at Gunnthra looking to make it to the final round, multipliers or not. If Anna and Gunnthra both make it I won't even mind if we lose. You better bring her back if she wins, IS.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I kinda like Rival Domains.  I like using the big armies.

Grand Conquest is definitely my favorite event and definitely does all the thing they probably intended VG to do

• encourages using a variety of units, but doesn't demand or require any specific one
  • you choose the units that you bring into battle, instead of getting random ones like with VG
  • an individual player's actions can have an impact due to the low number of people per team
  • each battle actually matters, down to the performance level
  • greater flexibility with time, you don't need to keep track of when things like multipliers might happen
  • automatic team allocation balances team sizes

Interestingly, the only thing it doesn't have is an underdog mechanic akin to the VG multipliers

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

If Alfonse makes it to the final round, wow. Just wow.

Even if he only got here because of ~lol multipliers~ it really says a lot that the guy who got beaten down horrifically in the first gauntlet ever ... could actually make it to the finals.

The funnier thing is that spring!Alfonse actually made it to round 2 (although legitimately). So, unlike certain other repeat gauntlet participants who didn't win, Alfonse continues to improve and improve how well he does in gauntlets. Maybe that's why he's intelligent.

I was on team Alphonse in Round 2. Kagero smashed him even though he did have a multiplier of 7.5. I dunno what the hell was going on, but a lot of people liked that bunny version of her....

Alphonse will be the door mat yet again. The level of participation in his duel with Anna and the one with Gunnthra and Ike are worlds apart. 

Wellp now we know what happened.

52 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Instead of playing at all this hour I illustrated the thrilling battle of Ike vs. Gunnthra 

thats_it_thats_the_game.png

thats_it_thats_the_game_p2.png

thats_it_thats_the_game_p3.png

i'll be here all week

I put this on twitter too

2 minutes ago, Johann said:

Interestingly, the only thing it doesn't have is an underdog mechanic akin to the VG multipliers

It actually does have an underdog mechanic, but it's intrinsic to the design. A losing team has fewer nodes to defend and attack, allowing them to put more points into each node.