• Sharena, Princess of Askr
    • Anna, Commander
    • Fjorm, Princess of Ice
    • Ryoma, Supreme Samurai
    • Gunnthrá, Voice of Dreams
    • Robin, Fell Vessel
    • Ike, Vanguard Legend

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/07/2018 at 05:00 AM

So does The Fonse look like he's taking this home? Before it seemed it took 2 hours to turn the tables. I hope so, I want to see Anna in the finals.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It actually does have an underdog mechanic, but it's intrinsic to the design. A losing team has fewer nodes to defend and attack, allowing them to put more points into each node.

I mean sure, but it's still pretty normal for losing teams to stay under the heel of an aggressive opponent. Could use a blue shell.

8 minutes ago, Johann said:

Grand Conquest is definitely my favorite event and definitely does all the thing they probably intended VG to do

• encourages using a variety of units, but doesn't demand or require any specific one
  • you choose the units that you bring into battle, instead of getting random ones like with VG
  • an individual player's actions can have an impact due to the low number of people per team
  • each battle actually matters, down to the performance level
  • greater flexibility with time, you don't need to keep track of when things like multipliers might happen
  • automatic team allocation balances team sizes

Interestingly, the only thing it doesn't have is an underdog mechanic akin to the VG multipliers

it has the same cyclical problem the VG has, one team gets a lead, and they go up and down as flags are restored

Last time my team was winning over the other teams before I went to sleep, I wake up and we only had one territory at the end

3 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

it has the same cyclical problem the VG has, one team gets a lead, and they go up and down as flags are restored

Last time my team was winning over the other teams before I went to sleep, I wake up and we only had one territory at the end

Those back-and-forths aren't a sure thing in GC though, whereas they're unavoidable in VG. I think there's just a trend of people using their Conquest Lances too soon, people's schedules getting in the way, and general poor strategy (like when one dude focuses on a spot in the middle of nowhere instead of defending a choke point).

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Anyone on the Alfonse v. Anna match able to confirm the victor over there?

Nope. It's calculating.

Wait so Ike is projected to lose? Damn. Well at least of the Heroes OCs Alfonse and Gunnthra are two I actually like, so meh. I guess I'll slide over to Alfonse's team.

3 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Wait so Ike is projected to lose? Damn. Well at least of the Heroes OCs Alfonse and Gunnthra are two I actually like, so meh. I guess I'll slide over to Alfonse's team.

Yeah, he just lost, unfortunately.

Let's go Gunntha to take this meme win to the end. Or I can finally got 3/3 losses for the first time in a gauntlet if not.

1528168154243.png

Team GUNnthra!