• Sharena, Princess of Askr
    • Anna, Commander
    • Fjorm, Princess of Ice
    • Ryoma, Supreme Samurai
    • Gunnthrá, Voice of Dreams
    • Robin, Fell Vessel
    • Ike, Vanguard Legend

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/07/2018 at 05:00 AM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team Gunnthra still. I didn't actually expect her to beat Ike. But hey, I am fine with it. Though clearly she isn't a believer in the color triangle. Quite fitting given her 'blade tome'ish ability. And I keep missing half of the bonus rounds. So I fully expect to have somewhere in the vicinity of 1500 unspent flags this time. YAY!

My pulling two Gunnthras prior to joining her team must have been a sign. But dammit, I seeing Alphonse make it to the finals is awe-spiring, that I wish I went on his team in the 2nd round. Oh well.

My current total rank is 175 and I've only 400 flags remaining. Gun it!

Also, shout out to @Tactician_Iris for consistently pioneering me through both rounds

2 hours ago, Karimlan said:

If Gunnthra loses, all that momentum she carried through the 1st and 2nd round will just look silly.

Watching your opponent get hit with a blue shell doesn't require all that much momentum.

13 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I just want to say, I hope both of them lose (gunnthra is prefered on account of pity breaking me twice) the two worst heroes OCs, it must be fate.

I can understand Gunnthra but how is Alfonse the worst Heroes OC? By far, he is the one that has received the most development out of the goodies, and it's not bad development as the story goes. Fjorm is pretty cardboard, while Anna and Sharena have all but vanished from the story. The baddies seem to be a bit more interesting (with the exception of Surtr who is pretty generic), but Alfonse is still one of the better ones where development is concerned (I think only Veronica tops him, since we've only had glimmers of development still from the other baddies - but more than we've had for the goodies).

https://imgur.com/a/z18dFwZ

Oh? Has Alfonse caught Tharja's eye? Clearly she intends to snare whatever prey she's hunting with her two cupids; one is to wound the poor creature in case the love arrows keep missing.

Alfonse is dying but I live for his multipliers. Victory feathers would be a sweet bonus, especially after missing out the last two rounds. 

17 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I just want to say, I hope both of them lose (gunnthra is prefered on account of pity breaking me twice) the two worst heroes OCs, it must be fate.

With that attitude, the only one who stands to lose is you.

It's a feather generator, not a life decision.

Are you freaking kidding me? Did we really have to enter same hell now? When I foolishly thought that we woulds till be getting multipliers for days and decided to save them up for the higher ones? Now I have to head to bed with 800 flags left and a horrible rank in the 40.000s. Gonna be 60.000+ by the time this is over. I hate this mode about as much as it hates everyone from Europe...

Someone gave Brave Lyn death blow 3 over swift sparrow.

I mean, I guess it's a somewhat better decision if she's using brave bow? But it's still a questionable decision imo.

47 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Someone gave Brave Lyn death blow 3 over swift sparrow.

I mean, I guess it's a somewhat better decision if she's using brave bow? But it's still a questionable decision imo.

I had a Virion with Killer Bow, Chilling Wind, and Defiant Res or Warding Blow as a random ally once. It was... something.

6 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I had a Virion with Killer Bow, Chilling Wind, and Defiant Res or Warding Blow as a random ally once. It was... something.

This one sort-of makes sense.

That Eldigan I got with Glacies?  No sense at all.

Missed the first half of two second-day multipliers, and I'm coming in to a spare 400 flags (800 if Gunnthra doesn't get another multiplier).

I still had 500 left over from Round 1, so I'm seeing a good rank in spite of my lack of Gunnthra herself. Just vaguely annoying.

8 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I can understand Gunnthra but how is Alfonse the worst Heroes OC? By far, he is the one that has received the most development out of the goodies, and it's not bad development as the story goes. Fjorm is pretty cardboard, while Anna and Sharena have all but vanished from the story. The baddies seem to be a bit more interesting (with the exception of Surtr who is pretty generic), but Alfonse is still one of the better ones where development is concerned (I think only Veronica tops him, since we've only had glimmers of development still from the other baddies - but more than we've had for the goodies).

His poor combat performance matters to more people than his story. He is basically a crappy Chrom or Laslow with no merges or IVs. The more you play this game, the sooner he becomes obseleted by the many summonable swords in this game. 

8 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

His poor combat performance matters to more people than his story. He is basically a crappy Chrom or Laslow with no merges or IVs. The more you play this game, the sooner he becomes obseleted by the many summonable swords in this game. 

Depends what you look for. Combat performance means nothing to me in terms of how much I like a character, while many have mentioned that he still has a niche of some kind, unlike Anna and Sharena (I don't care much for this, as I just use the units I like, so I'm only saying what I saw somewhere and can't provide figures). 

Not to mention he's a very good cavalry horse, too, which isn't this unit but still adds to his character. To call him the worst Heroes OC is just your opinion, but he's not bad as a character, and he can do nicely as a unit (I know I preferred using him to either Anna or Sharena on the recent quests, although of course they're going to lose unit wise to units touted as legendaries who have access to merges and other weapons). 

But then, if you're going unit wise, Gunnthra can't be the worst either (I think she's the worst in terms of character because she isn't given any chance to develop - I didn't pull her so know nothing about her so her death just made me roll my eyes). She's far better than Anna or Sharena as a unit - green mage cavalries are still not well known, and she does her job well as a mage knight.

So basically, if you're talking in terms of character, it's hard to call Alfonse the worst, in that he at least has development. If you're talking in terms of units, Gunnthra can't be the worst, since she outperforms at least some of the other Heroes OCs and has her own niche. 

Edited by Cute Chao

Well, this is an awkward situation with the scores; especially with all the people who still need to dump all their badly planned flags. If Gunnthra doesn't give the bonus to Alfonse in the last hour (next hour is very unlikely), she will win, but if she actually does with the extra flags, this will be quite a ludicrous end to this tournament (A VG where Alfonse wins would truly be a sign for me to just scrap this mode altogether and replace it with a RNGenerator for feathers where one has to push every two days to get a random amount.)

To all Ike fans who have joined Gunnthra

Prepare to rain down your flags next hours. So Alfonse get the final hour multiplier and we promise if that happen. We won't let you down and sent Gunnthra back to her grave for our own good ^^

Edited by Ginko

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Depends what you look for. Combat performance means nothing to me in terms of how much I like a character, while many have mentioned that he still has a niche of some kind, unlike Anna and Sharena (I don't care much for this, as I just use the units I like, so I'm only saying what I saw somewhere and can't provide figures). 

Not to mention he's a very good cavalry horse, too, which isn't this unit but still adds to his character. To call him the worst Heroes OC is just your opinion, but he's not bad as a character, and he can do nicely as a unit (I know I preferred using him to either Anna or Sharena on the recent quests, although of course they're going to lose unit wise to units touted as legendaries who have access to merges and other weapons). 

But then, if you're going unit wise, Gunnthra can't be the worst either (I think she's the worst in terms of character because she isn't given any chance to develop - I didn't pull her so know nothing about her so her death just made me roll my eyes). She's far better than Anna or Sharena as a unit - green mage cavalries are still not well known, and she does her job well as a mage knight.

So basically, if you're talking in terms of character, it's hard to call Alfonse the worst, in that he at least has development. If you're talking in terms of units, Gunnthra can't be the worst, since she outperforms at least some of the other Heroes OCs and has her own niche. 

I didn't I was one of those people. Just that many do care about combat performance. I brought him up to 4 stars, but 5 stars won't be happening because there are too many other swords in my barracks, including Chrom and Laslow.

Sharena is the one I find to have to most balance. Has enough durability and speed to take hits with Fury, and can wipe out swords with Swordbreaker+Moonbow.

I've only got 100 Flags left on Team Bulge.  I've only been able to play here and there today, so I've been dumping flags pretty much every time I saw a multiplier.

1 minute ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

I didn't I was one of those people. Just that many do care about combat performance. I brought him up to 4 stars, but 5 stars won't be happening because there are too many other swords in my barracks, including Chrom and Laslow.

Sharena is the one I find to have to most balance. Has enough durability and speed to take hits with Fury, and can wipe out swords with Swordbreaker+Moonbow.

I have to admit to having the least interest in her as a character, but that's just me. I find her and Anna frustrating to use because they are fragile, but then I have made no attempts to build them so I won't call them bad units. I just didn't like the blanket statement of 'two worst', when it is just your opinion on two characters you dislike. 

6 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

(A VG where Alfonse wins would truly be a sign for me to just scrap this mode altogether and replace it with a RNGenerator for feathers where one has to push every two days to get a random amount.)

That is more or less what I consider rival domains to be.