• Sharena, Princess of Askr
    • Anna, Commander
    • Fjorm, Princess of Ice
    • Ryoma, Supreme Samurai
    • Gunnthrá, Voice of Dreams
    • Robin, Fell Vessel
    • Ike, Vanguard Legend

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/07/2018 at 05:00 AM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Except then you're calling Hector and Ike like Marth, your rejection of my correction is rejected.

A casual from a decade ago wouldn't have been able to tell the difference between Hector, Ike, and Marth. All three of them are Marth because of their iconic blue hair.

I need to find that one fan art again...

As I've previously said, I'll be offering my Cordelia to Team Ike by default though I might go with Klein. If anyone has a preference, let me know.

Spoiler

yWSGFNM.png?1uZvh2Yv.png?1

Though if you guys would prefer, I got some Brave-Bold Fighter nonsense to offer as well.

Spoiler

E5P1JPw.png?19HwUM6m.png?1

*Jakob will have Armored Boots equipped should I put him as my lead

And lastly, my info if you want to add me.

ID: 0085075948
Name: Tybrosion
Current Lead: Knight Paragon Cordelia

I looked, and I already have you added, Tybrosion. :P

But for anyone else, here's my info:

Name: Kels
ID: 2383925435

Let me know if you add me though. I don't add people I don't know. xP

Also, if anyone has trouble getting colorless allies, I can switch to Summer Freddy too, who's +2 and full of good skills as well.

Spoiler

4Hc2xV2.png

Edited by Anacybele

I think Alfonse or Sharena should win. Not that I think it will happen, but I'd like that.

Also, maybe I'm an oddity but I actually don't like either Lyn or Hector very much while Eliwood is my favorite lord, possibly above Ike. (Which is why I was so mad about default Eliwood's art.) Hector and Lyn are good as characters, but I'm not fond of the very loud and brash in-your-face type of character in most cases and I've had a bad impression of Hector since the day he "introduced" himself in chapter 12. Lyn being a background character for the main story doesn't really help her case, either. Eliwood may be soft-spoken and not the best in stats, yes, but he's a lot more mature and reasonable. He feels emotion, yes, but unlike a lot of modern FE protagonists he doesn't let his emotions control what he needs to do to stop the threat in front of him.

I've seen a few variations of 'Lyn's Thighs' as player names in Arena/Arena Assault, so I'm pretty sure that's why she's popular.  Anyway, she is pretty good in FE7, but gets overshadowed by Raven.  

@mampfoid I'd like to be added to the list, thank you.

Edited by Charmeleonbrah

@Tybrosion Just added you, I want to try that Jacob satisfying quad for the first time.

Hope my Shiro can serve you good as well.

For anyone else who want to add me for Ike and his Greil Mercenary.

Here is my code #7621535587

Please notify me if someone add my code.

Edited by Ginko

42 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, maybe I'm an oddity but I actually don't like either Lyn or Hector very much while Eliwood is my favorite lord, possibly above Ike. (Which is why I was so mad about default Eliwood's art.) Hector and Lyn are good as characters, but I'm not fond of the very loud and brash in-your-face type of character in most cases and I've had a bad impression of Hector since the day he "introduced" himself in chapter 12. Lyn being a background character for the main story doesn't really help her case, either. Eliwood may be soft-spoken and not the best in stats, yes, but he's a lot more mature and reasonable. He feels emotion, yes, but unlike a lot of modern FE protagonists he doesn't let his emotions control what he needs to do to stop the threat in front of him.

Admittedly, Hector's first impression is a poor one, just hastily chopping someone down. Oswin does criticize him for it.

But I do find Hector to the one lord I have any real draw towards, the rest are passe for me. "Like does the series really need main characters? They're just boring poster boys/girls." I superficially tell myself not really meaning what I ask.

Hector isn't exactly perfect, blends both an in-depth understanding of regality and politics and whatnot with his brawler attitude. His depth of understanding just isn't on the surface of his character, and doesn't try to correct his public image as a brazen buffoon. He is admittedly emotional and sometimes brash, and Uther's dying has to be hidden from him because he would have diverted from his journey to be by his dying brother's side.

But unlike Chrom, who I loathe for his failure to hold back his emotions when he hears what it'd take to perma-kill Grima, Oswin kept Hector from breaking down the same way by withholding the truth of Uther's condition until he died. Frederick or Robin needed to sober up Chrom more in the Grima kill truth scene, but didn't, not emphasizing Chrom's emotional nature as a weakness of his (in addition to a strength- which it also is for Hector).

And of course, Hector was actually something new personality-wise for FE, Sigurd being the closest thing to a copy before him. Ephraim and Ike didn't exist yet either. Eliwood was the fifth of his type. I try to think him unique with his bit of diplomatic skills in Lyn Mode, except Roy did that on a bigger scale in FE6 with Etruria.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

He feels emotion, yes, but unlike a lot of modern FE protagonists he doesn't let his emotions control what he needs to do to stop the threat in front of him.

Except for the Hellene outburst against her parenting that nearly cost HEL access to the Shrine of Seals- the place they had come all the way to Bern for. That was all Eliwood, no Hector, no Lyn. 

Now if you ask me what came first- a liking for Hector the awesome gameplay unit or Hector the character of depth? I shall confess bellicose lust and not true love, but time has passed, years, and I've changed to much more that true love (since 5 Mov promoted is a lust-killer).

...When Oswin gets in a small kalpa from now, I'm going to form a Hector-Oswin-Matthew-Serra team if I can, just for old time's sake, even though I'm not one for Serra, outside of Serra-Lucius and Serra-Hector.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Admittedly, Hector's first impression is a poor one, just hastily chopping someone down. Oswin does criticize him for it.

But I do find Hector to the one lord I have any real draw towards, the rest are passe for me. "Like does the series really need main characters? They're just boring poster boys/girls." I superficially tell myself not really meaning what I ask.

Hector isn't exactly perfect, blends both an in-depth understanding of regality and politics and whatnot with his brawler attitude. His depth of understanding just isn't on the surface of his character, and doesn't try to correct his public image as a brazen buffoon. He is admittedly emotional and sometimes brash, and Uther's dying has to be hidden from him because he would have diverted from his journey to be by his dying brother's side.

But unlike Chrom, who I loathe for his failure to hold back his emotions when he hears what it'd take to perma-kill Grima, Oswin kept Hector from breaking down the same way by withholding the truth of Uther's condition until he died. Frederick or Robin needed to sober up Chrom more in the Grima kill truth scene, but didn't, not emphasizing Chrom's emotional nature as a weakness of his (in addition to a strength- which it also is for Hector).

And of course, Hector was actually something new personality-wise for FE, Sigurd being the closest thing to a copy before him. Ephraim and Ike didn't exist yet either. Eliwood was the fifth of his type. I try to think him unique with his bit of diplomatic skills in Lyn Mode, except Roy did that on a bigger scale in FE6 with Etruria.

Yeah, I can understand why people like Hector. He's just not my type of character. I feel like sharing his spotlight with Eliwood and Lyn may have hurt him a bit in this respect, in that even in Hector's mode the story isn't necessarily about him. Also, agreed about Chrom, although I wouldn't say I loathe him. I just don't like him (or Lucina) very much in general.

PoR was my first game, so I was actually introduced to Ike before Hector. I think one reason I actually liked Ike over Hector is because Ike does seem ... I don't know, considerate of people's lives more than Hector's first impression did? It's a weird thing to say for sure, yeah, but Hector just seemed way too eager to get into fights while Ike seemed more of the attitude that "we can't avoid fighting, so let's do this" rather than actually enjoying the fighting.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Except for the Hellene outburst against her parenting that nearly cost HEL access to the Shrine of Seals- the place they had come all the way to Bern for. That was all Eliwood, no Hector, no Lyn.

Yeah, I remember that. It wasn't one of Eliwood's smartest moments, and it was surprising that Eliwood of all people was the one who had that outburst. I do think it's nice that the narrative shows that Eliwood isn't perfectly in control of his emotions and that there are things that get under his skin, as poised and noble as he is. I can still forgive him for not condoning the destruction of "everyone else" just to keep their loved ones happy though.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

PoR was my first game, so I was actually introduced to Ike before Hector. I think one reason I actually liked Ike over Hector is because Ike does seem ... I don't know, considerate of people's lives more than Hector's first impression did? It's a weird thing to say for sure, yeah, but Hector just seemed way too eager to get into fights while Ike seemed more of the attitude that "we can't avoid fighting, so let's do this" rather than actually enjoying the fighting.

Hector and Ike are indeed different from the start. Ike does love his training, but he doesn't love fighting in the exact same way Hector does. Perhaps it's a case of fighting (taken too far) being something of a forbidden fruit for Hector as a noble, while Ike growing up as a mercenary sees it with a more mundane view.

Ike also comes off more as a novice in PoR, while Hector, though not a veteran, seems to be more experienced in the world and battle alike. Ike didn't know what Laguz were, Hector wants to undo the peerage system in Lycia. Ike knows little is and very much receptive to what others say, Hector's worldviews are more established and hence he is more opinionated.

Ike is also, particularly in RD, rather stoic. Reading his Oscar support reminds me of reading Eliwood's Fiora support, rather dull all the way through (though romantic in a gentle way). The difference is one is stoic, the other is diplomatic, regal and mild, yet the end result is similar. It takes certain people to make them pop with a little more flavor (which remains in character), Ranulf and Reyson for Ike, Hector and Lyn for Eliwood.

Not to say Ike is emotionless, the infamous Sanaki outburst being case in point. And of course he tries to hurt the BK right after he murders dear old dad, despite being clearly outmatched. RD having a matured Ike, his youthful emotion dies down, but he does have some choice words for a goddess at the end.

Overall, despite being not a noble at all, PoR Ike is perhaps closer to an Eliwood or a Marth or Roy than Hector is. RD Ike is more of his own thing however. But these are just my musings of the moment.

I've decided to go with Female Grima for the first round. If she can bump Ike out during the first round, great! If she doesn't, I'll benefit from having a pretty great score in the first round since I feel like she'll be getting quite a few multipliers. Plus I've been using her to HM grind, and she's being such a great MVP. 

Feel free to send me a friend request. Just ping me if you do. I keep getting a few rando requests, and I don't always accept them since I assume they're from Arena, and they almost always have the exact same leads. XD

Username: Aria's Boys (Current lead is Lucius.)
Friend Code: 1401457189

I'll switch out my Lucius for someone else likely. I've currently got 5*+10 Merric, Raven, and Mae. But I also don't mind setting a flier or dragon as my lead for buffs. (I've got:

• Myrrh with DC, QR, Hone Dragons
  • Ninian with a TA build, Fortify Dragons
  • M. Grima with Ward Dragons
  • Nowi with Steady Breath+Aether build, Fortify Dragons
  • Tana, Hinoka, and NY!Azura with Hone Fliers
  • Caeda, Palla, Flying Ryoma, Cordelia, Shigure, Summer Corrin, Minerva, Michalis...and likely other fliers. XD

@Rafiel's Aria Looks like we will be on the same team again:)  Is there a specific color you want me to put as my lead?  I can run V!Lilina, Micaiah or Sigurd.  I can also run a flier for flier buffs if you want just not H!Nowi, L!Ryoma or Tana since I don't have them, I have the rest of the fliers though.

2 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

@Rafiel's Aria Looks like we will be on the same team again:)  Is there a specific color you want me to put as my lead?  I can run V!Lilina, Micaiah or Sigurd.  I can also run a flier for flier buffs if you want just not H!Nowi, L!Ryoma or Tana since I don't have them, I have the rest of the fliers though.

I'm not that picky! Generally, I have a harder time getting green and colorless allies during these things. ...another reason for joining a colorless team. So I definitely wouldn't protest a V!Lilina. I've got her myself, and she's one of my best cavs! I'm expecting to see a lot of legendary Ryoma since he's shiny and new, so red probably won't be necessary. Let me know if there's anyone you want as well!

Gunnthra, she is tied for highest merged unit with Amelia for me, and is my summoner supported unit.  She is so underrated and overlooked, but I've loved her since I pulled my first one on her first banner.  In memory of a wise, gentle soul who was an avid reader and put others before herself.  

6 hours ago, Ginko said:

@Zelgius @Rezzy Yayy! all of us can be in the same team again. It's been a while. A little strange that this time Rezzy pick the bigger team instead of smaller team.

I hope my Shiro will serve you guys well this time too. 

I'll go feather merc if none of my favorites are in, but if one of my faves are in, I'll go for them.

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Well, Rezzy likes Tellius! I'm not surprised she's going Ike. Rally Team Ike! :D

I notice that the same group of people tends to be on my team most of the time.  I think I've been on the same team as @DarkLordIvy just about every gauntlet.

Oh, it starts tomorrow, doesn't it?  I wonder if I'll get to see any bonus hours.

Here's my info for anyone else on Ike's team.

Name: Trent
ID: 6899831584
Lead character: Brave Lyn

Lyn is merged and has the Distant Defense 3 sacred seal. She tanks a ton of ranged units safely, and can take at least one hit from most melee attacks.

2 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I've decided to go with Female Grima for the first round. If she can bump Ike out during the first round, great! If she doesn't, I'll benefit from having a pretty great score in the first round since I feel like she'll be getting quite a few multipliers. Plus I've been using her to HM grind, and she's being such a great MVP. 

Feel free to send me a friend request. Just ping me if you do. I keep getting a few rando requests, and I don't always accept them since I assume they're from Arena, and they almost always have the exact same leads. XD

Username: Aria's Boys (Current lead is Lucius.)
Friend Code: 1401457189

I'll switch out my Lucius for someone else likely. I've currently got 5*+10 Merric, Raven, and Mae. But I also don't mind setting a flier or dragon as my lead for buffs. (I've got:

• Myrrh with DC, QR, Hone Dragons
  • Ninian with a TA build, Fortify Dragons
  • M. Grima with Ward Dragons
  • Nowi with Steady Breath+Aether build, Fortify Dragons
  • Tana, Hinoka, and NY!Azura with Hone Fliers
  • Caeda, Palla, Flying Ryoma, Cordelia, Shigure, Summer Corrin, Minerva, Michalis...and likely other fliers. XD

I’d like to add you. My number: 5559303656 I’ll be leading with B!Tharja. She has Life and Death and Desperation 3,  Hone Atk 3, and Atk + 2. I can also switch between Shigure, Singure, and Frederick if required.

EDIT: Just sent you a request.

Edited by ZeManaphy

4 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

I’d like to add you. My number: 5559303656 I’ll be leading with B!Tharja. She has Life and Death and Desperation 3,  Hone Atk 3, and Atk + 2. I can also switch between Shigure, Singure, and Frederick if required.

Added! Omg. Your Tharja looks great! I'd love to use her. Probably won't get a chance to pull for her unless I get her by accident on a future legendary banner. She looks like she's ready to tear some people apart!

15 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Here's my info for anyone else on Ike's team.

Name: Trent
ID: 6899831584
Lead character: Brave Lyn

Lyn is merged and has the Distant Defense 3 sacred seal. She tanks a ton of ranged units safely, and can take at least one hit from most melee attacks.

If you switch your lead I'd be willing to add you. Nothing against CYL Lyn, she's a good unit, but I already see her a lot, and I mean a lot, regardless of what team I'm on. I'd rather not make that worse. It just gets rather boring seeing the same ally so much, you know? I'd even be fine with a different Lyn, just to say.

Edited by Anacybele

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Anybody else on Team Ike want to add each other so you can get him and I can get your lovely units?

I'd love to add you.

My ID is 2751683072

My lead is my W!Chrom. Dude is an excellent wall.

@Rafiel's Aria I will put V!Lilina then since I have a hard time getting greens as well.  V!Lilina is my highest 5* merge since she kept coming instead of her dad and she has served me very well and is my most used green mage right now.  I don't really care who I get as a FL unit since the people on my list tend to put good units up, as long as they are not the same color as the team's unit I am happy so put who you like:)

3 minutes ago, Inferno lizard said:

I'd love to add you.

My ID is 2751683072

My lead is my W!Chrom. Dude is an excellent wall.

Okay, I looked you up, but it shows LA Roy as your lead...