Google image war

Dragoncat

11 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

Image result for opium war

Britain: So addicted to tea they were willing to go to war over it.

Dear sir,that clearly says opium and is refferring to the opium wars in the 19th century between briatain and china. The opium wars were a very large deal. (It went really badly for the chinese.)

Fact-Checking.thumb.jpg.e4f44b97e32ac5cfb0c40843d2bed658.jpg

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Image result for exaggerated truth

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Dear sir,that clearly says opium and is refferring to the opium wars in the 19th century between briatain and china. The opium wars were a very large deal. (It went really badly for the chinese.)

That's what I meant. The opium wars were fought so that smugglers could keep illegally bringing in opium to China so that they in turn could bring resources like silk and tea back to Britain. Silver was really the only thing China was interested in trading, which would bankrupt Britain if they decided to pay that way.

1 hour ago, Hawkwing said:

That's what I meant. The opium wars were fought so that smugglers could keep illegally bringing in opium to China so that they in turn could bring resources like silk and tea back to Britain.

I stand corrected.

“To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true”-Aristotle