Fire Emblem: Heaven's Bloom [v1.1 released!]

Roosterton

A bit late but I just finished the hack. Overall, I had a good deal of fun with it. Staffs were a godsend, and being able to buy siege tomes really helps out with the end game. The penultimate chapter with the Druids having lunging Mire reminds me of something out of Fates. There are a few amusing bugs I need to report when I have the time. I'll post the videos as soon as I can.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/10/2018 at 3:12 PM, Turtle by Nature said:

A bit late but I just finished the hack. Overall, I had a good deal of fun with it. Staffs were a godsend, and being able to buy siege tomes really helps out with the end game. The penultimate chapter with the Druids having lunging Mire reminds me of something out of Fates. There are a few amusing bugs I need to report when I have the time. I'll post the videos as soon as I can.

On 8/12/2018 at 3:57 AM, Turtle by Nature said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8EITGZlDrs&feature=youtu.be

A bug(?) with the countermagic skill.

Thanks for the feedback & for finding this bug - will look into this when I've got time. Glad you enjoyed it!

Edited by Roosterton

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to request a support list. It doesn't need to include dialogue or anything, just who supports who, and a star by those with paired endings. I would love that. If you want to include in brackets and abbreviated affinity that's even more awesome, but not necessary. 

On 9/17/2018 at 5:00 PM, Thorgrun said:

I would like to request a support list. It doesn't need to include dialogue or anything, just who supports who, and a star by those with paired endings. I would love that. If you want to include in brackets and abbreviated affinity that's even more awesome, but not necessary. 

Here's the full list, by character (also added to OP):

Spoiler

Hands:
Keena*

Sedry*
Fordra*
Cassius
Felix

Keena:
Hands*
Sedry*
Cassius*
Tayli
Fordra

Breyett:
Derruk*

Aminda*
Janessa*
Merran
Jerrak

Derruk:
Breyett*

Tayli*
Aminda*
Fordra*
Felix

Tayli:
Henley*

Derruk*
Keena
Fordra
Cassius
Sylvie

Merran:
Henley*
Gilbert
Breyett

Gilbert:
Sedry*
Jerrak*
Cassius
Merran

Sedry:
Keena*
Hands*
Cassius*
Gilbert*

Henley:
Sylvie*
Merran*
Tayli*

Sylvie:
Henley*
Jerrak*
Tayli

Jerrak:
Sylvie*
Gilbert*
Breyett

Aminda:
Breyett*
Aminda*

Orceil:
Janessa
Fordra

Janessa: (In the process of making this list I actually realized her Fordra/Breyett supports are only one-way, so initiate with the other character. Will fix soon!)
Cassius*
Fordra*
Breyett*
Orceil

Fordra:
Cassius*
Keena*

Janessa*
Hands*
Derruk*
Orceil
Tayli

Cassius:
Fordra*
Janessa*
Keena*
Sedry*
Hands
Tayli
Gilbert

Edited by Roosterton

On 9/21/2018 at 1:08 AM, Roosterton said:

Here's the full list, by character (also added to OP):

Reveal hidden contents

Hands:
Keena*

Sedry*
Fordra*
Cassius
Felix

Keena:
Hands*
Sedry*
Cassius*
Tayli
Fordra

Breyett:
Derruk*

Aminda*
Janessa*
Merran
Jerrak

Derruk:
Breyett*

Tayli*
Aminda*
Fordra*
Felix

Tayli:
Henley*

Derruk*
Keena
Fordra
Cassius
Sylvie

Merran:
Henley*
Gilbert
Breyett

Gilbert:
Sedry*
Jerrak*
Cassius
Merran

Sedry:
Keena*
Hands*
Cassius*
Gilbert*

Henley:
Sylvie*
Merran*
Tayli*

Sylvie:
Henley*
Jerrak*
Tayli

Jerrak:
Sylvie*
Gilbert*
Breyett

Aminda:
Breyett*
Aminda*

Orceil:
Janessa
Fordra

Janessa: (In the process of making this list I actually realized her Fordra/Breyett supports are only one-way, so initiate with the other character. Will fix soon!)
Cassius*
Fordra*
Breyett*
Orceil

Fordra:
Cassius*
Keena*

Janessa*
Hands*
Derruk*
Orceil
Tayli

Cassius:
Fordra*
Janessa*
Keena*
Sedry*
Hands
Tayli
Gilbert

Sweet thank you! :)

• 10 months later...

Put your strongest characters at the back of your party and hurry to the escape point behind the sniper.

Use the strong units to form some sort of block on your path so the reinforcements can attack all at the same time

The units at the back keep spawning so make sure you put enough strong units and a healer. 

Make sure not to kill any civilian units.

P.S. the civilian units will try to get in your way by blocking your path

• 7 months later...

This is the most fun I've had with a hack yet. It's one of the few hacks with a engaging story and good gameplay.

The unit balance, non linear map design and giving the player many options through both offensive stave use and early promoting show how much care was taken in balancing it.

Hard difficulty is definitely brutal, but never entirely unfair. Difficulty comes solely from mistakes and enemy weapons, never from bad RNG or stat inflation. Both your units and enemy units hit hard and thinking ahead and abusinf AI is a requirement.

I've actually written a review here to try to promote this hack.

To the developer, thank you for making this. 

I'm really glad to see that people are still enjoying this almost 2 years later! Thanks so much to everyone who's still playing and sending feedback. This might not be the most well-known hack, but it still feels surreal to have made something which many other people around the world are having fun with to this day.

Recent posts here & on FEU reminded me of a few changes I wanted to make, and owing to the COVID situation, I had some extra time to implement them. Patch 1.1.3 is now up in the google drive folder - just fixed a few long-standing minor bugs, and also gave Knight and Great Knight Felix slightly less offensive palettes.

• 1 year later...

What's the map theme used?

I really love it and would love to know what it's called. In the Sound Room it says "Shadows Approch" but when I look up the name it's just some other themes from fe 6/8.

Can someone tell me where to find it? I need this for gym sessions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Are there really no recruitment opportunities after chapter 12? I ask because it seems like there are way more master seals given than opportunities to use them iff (and only if) each unit can use one at most once and some units (like Sylvie who is already an advanced class as a falconknight is an advanced class) don't even need the one.

• 2 weeks later...

When do you select the difficulty for the game? I have no idea what difficulty I am on and I'm stuck, so also if you know how to check file's difficulty that'd be helpful.