- Mekkah

- Red Fox of Fire

- Tino

- Vykan12

- kirsche

- Cynthia

- Colonel M

- Reikken

But anyone who debates actively can judge, really.

Edited by Tino

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My verdict on Mekkah vs Duff Ostrich (Ward vs Barth)

It was an okay defense. Several mistakes were made on each side, though as it was stated, it seemed to all rely on the supports. Duff was really getting to the points of ranks towards the end which is a + from me, though Mekkah did mention the fact that Barth will have a less chance to OHKO enemies which is a detriment to what I find to be one of the hardest ranks, Combat. Just pointing this out since Mekkah didn't have the chance to counter argue that. All in all, it was surprisingly a very close debate in my eyes, but I'll go with Duff Ostrich. His pull in the very end was pretty good in my eyes, and just the fact that Mekkah kept on trying to take away the invulnerability that Dieck gains from the legendary triangle (and Duff did get on him for it). However, Mekkah did have some good points about how Ward will be doing a lot more damage, and how he fares against the most common enemies, Wyverns. Not just that, but his comparison against mages as well were pretty good.

My vote goes to Duff Ostrich

I have a question; Why can't you just vote in the topics themselves?

Otherwise poor Tino made this thread for nothing.

This was the way it was done before...I think I prefer this. The debate topic just looks cleaner if it only has the debating posts.

and just the fact that Mekkah kept on trying to take away the invulnerability that Dieck gains from the legendary triangle (and Duff did get on him for it)

I'm not going to try and change your vote or anything but with B Dieck/B Lot/C Clarine, Dieck has better and faster supports, and equally as many levels, as he normally has. In fact, he has more, because he normally is stuck with B Clarine/B Rutger. Even if he just does B Dieck/B Lot, he's still part of a support triangle, just a different one.

It's Rutger and Clarine who are missing out on some, but as I said, Rutger can still get Fir, and Clarine doesn't care about supports until after promotion, and they have an A together.

I'm going to vote for Mekkah for his debate. Though Duff Ostrich did make a nice point on rankings with his final post, I think Mekkah did a better job at defending Ward's supports and stat leads. It was fairly close, though. ^_^

It could be just me, but the debate seemed to revolve mainly around supports, and I feel Mekkah did a better job discussing those, although I must say Duff Ostrich did a great job as well.

My vote thus goes to Mekkah.

We didn't even establish whether we were going to use 3, 5 or more judges. I'm going to go out of a limb and say 3 active judges is already a lot to ask for (not that I want to get myself an easy win), so I think we should stick to that amount.

Otherwise poor Tino made this thread for nothing.

This was the way it was done before...I think I prefer this. The debate topic just looks cleaner if it only has the debating posts.

This way also makes it more trouble to find the debate's associated votes.

This way also makes it more trouble to find the debate's associated votes.

That was my initial concern. Also, if it's in the topic, the debate itself is still on the first page in the first few posts, then spectators can easily see what the judges thought. I'm not experienced in this area, so if your method has been seen to work better, I'll shut up. It's really no concern of mine, just something I felt I should point out.

I have a question; Why can't you just vote in the topics themselves?

After the debating topic is done and the debaters each successfully posted their 3 post. The topic should be locked ASAP that's how it normally goes. We go by this method: http://s11.zetaboards.com/Fire_Emblem_Fusion/topic/392617/1/

We really need debating staff...

You mean someone who closes all topics here, right? I doubt it would be really necessary, but it's always a nice addition :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...