Voting Topic

Tino

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know that. Then what's the point of this topic?

Edit:I can't edit my post. If a Moderator reads this can they please open it. If it doesn't get opened again then what happens? Can it be voted on here?

Edited by luigi bros

• 6 months later...

I don't think the judge list really matters. Anyone that's known to be a reasonably logical debater can judge imo.

I've not played that game, but I am willing to at least look through the topic if you want me to. Of course, I'm sure that my advice wouldn't be helpful since both of you are WELL beyond my skill level, but I can try anyway.

Edited by Lord Ratatosk

As it is stated in the OP:

Judges:

- Mekkah

- Red Fox of Fire

- Tino

- Vykan12

- kirsche

- Cynthia

- Colonel M

- Reikken

But anyone who debates actively can judge, really.

So you are free to judge so long as it isn't your own topic.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 years later...

Caineghis did well to emphasize Garcia's superior bulk, but I personally felt a bit more swayed by side bee's arguments about attack speed, the superiority of magic and utility. I also think he did a little better to put the stats in context. I also think Lute is a better unit already, so that's worth considering. I will say that my appreciation for Garcia increased reading this, while my appreciation for Lute, in terms of gameplay at least, is about the same.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2019 at 8:33 AM, side bee said:

seriously though, this was great. godspeed, anonymousspeed. godspeed.

Godspeed indeed.

I'm not allowed to vote on my own debate (which is good because I feel my arguments stand pretty strong), but I've been waiting to mention that one of bee's solid arguments would have been stronger, in my opinion, had he brought up Chapter 16 specifically. That's a very busy chapter in which you definitely have Percival and definitely don't have Niime, I think it would have quite improved his availability argument. This seemed like the best place to mention that.

22 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I'm not allowed to vote on my own debate (which is good because I feel my arguments stand pretty strong), but I've been waiting to mention that one of bee's solid arguments would have been stronger, in my opinion, had he brought up Chapter 16 specifically. That's a very busy chapter in which you definitely have Percival and definitely don't have Niime, I think it would have quite improved his availability argument. This seemed like the best place to mention that.

to be totally tbh honest here, if i could cast a vote itd prolly be in ur favor as well, i was kinda out of my depth since im not super knowlegeable on fe 6 like i am with fe 8 or even 7, but it was fun all the same

On 7/15/2019 at 3:51 PM, side bee said:

My vote goes to side bee. I think the "availability" argument brought up really brought into question how much availability a unit needs to be considered good. Athos is good right? But he has one chapter. Caineghis is good but you only get him for the tower. So in LTC or efficient playthroughs we have to look at long term contribution (or how impactful  / game changing their short term contribution is). I think the consistency Percival will bring outweighs the utility Nime would bring when you could've already had someone doing mostly what she does. Although if they started in the same chapter, I'd feel differently about the whole debate. 

On 7/4/2019 at 8:17 PM, CannedCaineghis said:

This topic is ready for a vote. 

Good to see these starting back up again, it's been a longgg time since I did a debate here but I can judge.

In general, I think both of you could have benefited from more usage of enemy stats, particularly with statements like 'Garcia doubles all non mercmyrym enemies" "Garcia's 7 might with a hand axe isn't good enough later in the game" etc. It's just more effective when you can show what these differences actually are.

Would probably give this one to CannedCaineghis, the fundamental argument of 'mages don't need durability' is rather flawed. Mages are still combat units and having more durability to expose them to more Enemy Phase combat is still valuable which CannedCaneghis did bring up although numbers would have improved the durability argument. side bee also let the argument of Lute staves not being valuable because she can't fight slip away- she can use a staff on the Player Phase and still have Enemy Phase combat, although that would have undermined the argument of mages only being used for Player Phase combat.

For sidebee(Percival) vs. AnonymousSpeed(Niime), I'm going to go with AnonymousSpeed. I think they did an effective job of demonstrating how Niime's Warpusage is superior to her staff counterparts and mentioned important aspects of Niime like Nosferatu, other staves, Apocalypse etc. side bee mentioned Percival's availability a lot, which is a good core of the argument, but the onus was on him to explain how Percival contributed to all of these chapters compared to other mounted combat units and I didn't see too much of that. Enemy stat comparisons would have been useful, particularly with bosses, since Percival is good at bosskilling. AnonymousSpeed made a good point that 1-2 range is not really how you kill bosses in FE6 (although numbers would have helped here).

Edited by -Cynthia-