Would you Reclass Faye?

I am replaying (haha i had to!) and i changed some things (i made Kliff a Dreadfighter for one) but i generally kept everyone else the same, including Faye as a Cleric. 
This run i was going for Max/Min stats and trying to achieve overclassing, as I want to play Thabes.  I hit 14 for Faye and have just realised now.... anew sucks. 

so i am wondering should I Pitchfork Faye into the Peg. Knight line or just keep her as a buf healer?
(I was contemplating this for the Dread Fighters too - use the villager loop to really maximize their stats) 

faye should generally work out i any attack class role really, atk def and hp are her best growths as i remember after all. as such just push her into whichever one ya want or need, i turned mine into a cavalier as i remember and it worked out pretty damn well.

1 minute ago, Sock said:

Physic alone is a good enough reason to keep her cleric. I never bothered using Anew.

But, I also never bothered trying her in a different class.

i'm playing around wtih the Anew - it's goo to secure money grinding things (or 'damnit, it's 99, let's "anew" this") it's just sucky it;s 24 hp, (the heck?) 
i honestly think if Shade didn't have Physic, i wouldn't even be considering this for the next playthrough (or right now) . i love za options!

Just now, Robin_Of_Ylisse said:

And she gets anew as a saint, anew is exclusive to her so you might not want to miss out on that

yah i unlocked anew...
I've figured out how to really use it to advaantage. (and she's much better with range and impact with Physic/Rescue than Shade is)

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

yah i unlocked anew...
I've figured out how to really use it to advaantage. (and she's much better with range and impact with Physic/Rescue than Shade is)

I'm not 100% sure if I want to buy the cipher characters, I might but who knows, I've seen what they can do and I agree Faye is better for the range

Honestly, Mage Faye doesn't really appeal to me and I don't really like Pegasus knights in the first place...So I usually go with cavalier, and she turns out great. Cleric Faye is...not a right fit, y'know?

Just now, Robin_Of_Ylisse said:

I'm not 100% sure if I want to buy the cipher characters, I might but who knows, I've seen what they can do and I agree Faye is better for the range

i got the whole season's pass. 

Yuzu sucks. she has crap spells, and even with a ladyblade shes not very lethal and i've slapped a star jacinth on her. 
Shade is decent (i mean another physic/rescue early game if you get her really fast (i got her in act two, next playthrough i'm going to see if it's possible to beat the challenges like right clair/clive recruitment), but compared to Faye. meh. (but you do get silence + freeze). 

Emma and Randall though? they are amazing. Emma's is the best of my whitewings (including Est) in all growths, and i've strapped the evolved Ridersbane on her (Rhomphaia?) and she's unlocked Dragonhaze, so it's awesome-sauce. (plus you get another triangle attack if you keep her training weapon, just less of a chance of it crit.).  Randal, also crits a lot (regardless of a weapon - i have him with an Emperor's lance but he has great speed too so he's mastered his weapon, the Rom. again and now the Emperor's lance. it real compliment to Celicia's side. )

2 minutes ago, Bhoop said:

Honestly, Mage Faye doesn't really appeal to me and I don't really like Pegasus knights in the first place...So I usually go with cavalier, and she turns out great. Cleric Faye is...not a right fit, y'know?

yah i can see that. and having more Cav's is never a bad thing either. 
(why don't you like Pegasus Knights?) 

18 hours ago, daisy jane said:

(why don't you like Pegasus Knights?) 

Well, that's me as a person, but if you want me to go more in-depth...

40 40 30 30 30 40 3

These are Faye's growths as a villager, as a Pegasus Knight, they are 

35 35 30 35 35 35 3 

and after Falco-Knight Promotion, they are

30 30 30 40 40 30 3

These growths just...don't appeal to me plain and simple. I don't want to have another Pegasus Knight with a weakness the enemy can exploit (There are no enemy ridersbane last time I checked, but they do get bows), especially when the class itself lowers the strong points of that Character. Sure Falco-Knights get 10 extra dmg in echoes, but I'm not gonna baby Faye and Clair for 12 levels each. Even then, I don't really use Clair because she can't keep up with the rest of the units I use (basically Alm, Mathilda when I get her, Clive if He can get a few points of defense, Lukas, Mercenary Gray, Mage Tobin, Archer Kilff, and Silque. Forsyth if he keeps up with Lukas, and Python if he keeps up with Kilff., and of course, Cav Faye) Sure, Clair can do decent against mages, but she can never one round them, and in the end, that kills her because there are more than one arcanists around. With the rest of the roster I listed + Cav Faye, I can one round each and every arcanist, while taking at least 2-3 hits before getting K.O.ed simply because of their MAssive HP, which Clair and Peg Faye do not have before Falcoknight. 

And then, when they would get falco-knight, I never used them because, well, I don't need them. 

Now if numbers aren't enough....I simply don't like the way the Pegasus Knight has aged.

Yes, You can keep them fast, but why take away Rescue from them?

Yes, keep the fanservice with miniskirts and whatever the hell else Pegasus knights have, I don't care (actually I do, but that's me being nit picky). But in recent installments, they haven't been up to the standards I've been used to. SoV was a wonderful remake of Gaiden, don't get me wrong, but they could've done so, so much better than they did. But Fates basically killed Pegasus Knights for me with Subaki simply not being a good unit in my eyes and Hinoka coming underleveled in Revelations (I don't even remember trying to use her in Birthright).

Awakening with Sumia and Cordelia...don't get me wrong, decent units....but I didn't need them. In the older installments of the game, the player needed at least one Pegasus Knight for some reason (mostly not combat) and I loved that. And then, because of that need, they became good. 

On 5/27/2018 at 1:07 PM, Bhoop said:

Well, that's me as a person, but if you want me to go more in-depth...

40 40 30 30 30 40 3

These are Faye's growths as a villager, as a Pegasus Knight, they are 

35 35 30 35 35 35 3 

and after Falco-Knight Promotion, they are

30 30 30 40 40 30 3

These growths just...don't appeal to me plain and simple. I don't want to have another Pegasus Knight with a weakness the enemy can exploit (There are no enemy ridersbane last time I checked, but they do get bows), especially when the class itself lowers the strong points of that Character. Sure Falco-Knights get 10 extra dmg in echoes, but I'm not gonna baby Faye and Clair for 12 levels each. Even then, I don't really use Clair because she can't keep up with the rest of the units I use (basically Alm, Mathilda when I get her, Clive if He can get a few points of defense, Lukas, Mercenary Gray, Mage Tobin, Archer Kilff, and Silque. Forsyth if he keeps up with Lukas, and Python if he keeps up with Kilff., and of course, Cav Faye) Sure, Clair can do decent against mages, but she can never one round them, and in the end, that kills her because there are more than one arcanists around. With the rest of the roster I listed + Cav Faye, I can one round each and every arcanist, while taking at least 2-3 hits before getting K.O.ed simply because of their MAssive HP, which Clair and Peg Faye do not have before Falcoknight. 

And then, when they would get falco-knight, I never used them because, well, I don't need them. 

Now if numbers aren't enough....I simply don't like the way the Pegasus Knight has aged.

Yes, You can keep them fast, but why take away Rescue from them?

Yes, keep the fanservice with miniskirts and whatever the hell else Pegasus knights have, I don't care (actually I do, but that's me being nit picky). But in recent installments, they haven't been up to the standards I've been used to. SoV was a wonderful remake of Gaiden, don't get me wrong, but they could've done so, so much better than they did. But Fates basically killed Pegasus Knights for me with Subaki simply not being a good unit in my eyes and Hinoka coming underleveled in Revelations (I don't even remember trying to use her in Birthright).

Awakening with Sumia and Cordelia...don't get me wrong, decent units....but I didn't need them. In the older installments of the game, the player needed at least one Pegasus Knight for some reason (mostly not combat) and I loved that. And then, because of that need, they became good. 

that's fair :)  (i'm still new to FE so i don't know much about history or anything). thanks for explaining your side.    I  didn't like them in  Fates  either. 

20 hours ago, daisy jane said:

that's fair :)  (i'm still new to FE so i don't know much about history or anything). thanks for explaining your side.    I  didn't like them in  Fates  either. 

Yeah, I don't even recruit Palla/Catria half the time (I low-man FE a lot)

• 3 weeks later...

Mage Faye would probably be good but Silque, at least in my playthrough, is such a poor and weak healer, I need Faye to stay a a Cleric so that we at least have one reliable healer. And she's a great Saint, so she'll get to use some Black Magic regardless. Plus where White Magic Spells are great, so, yeah, I think she's good in her regular class~

Cleric!Faye is arguably her best option due to reasons that others have mentioned already but ill just reiterate why I think so

• Earliest Physic user in the whole game.
  • Her growths suit the clerics focus on healing and support rather than offense.
  • Anew, though it comes late is exclusive to her
  • She is the only person baring Sage!Atlas with rescue in the entire game
  • High atk means she will heal high amounts of HP even from a distance 

If I was going to change her class I would go with mage, she gets freeze which with her high atk should give it decent range. She gets recover in this class line as well so she can still be a secondary healer and range three spells never hurt anyone, though her speed growth  leaves room for improvement. 

In truth Faye can pretty much preform well in anything you give her, but cleric is the only class where no one else outmatches her.

made a a pegasus knight on my first playthrough, she was good she hits harder than clair.

on my 2nd playtrough i made her a cleric and i think it was a better idea since silque doesn't have physic.

wrys is still the best though

Cleric is far and away Faye's best option. Quite apart from Physic and Rescue, with an A support with Alm she has 80% accurate Nosferatu. Give her a Mage Ring and sit her next to Alm and she'll never die, while killing basically everything short of Grima/Duma.

Personally I used Faye as a Cleric. Although I will say that Tatiana is the best Saint in Alm's route imo. If you have the DLC classes than promoting Faye up again would not be a bad idea. I think you lose out on anew through this promotion, but iirc you gain more offensive spells. If I had to take Faye into another class it would probably the Pegasus Knight for the flier advantage and monster slaying. Of course my two play throughs of SoV were basically luck dependent, but I tend to play FE by relying on lucky dodges at times.

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/26/2018 at 11:47 AM, daisy jane said:

This run i was going for Max/Min stats and trying to achieve overclassing, as I want to play Thabes.  I hit 14 for Faye and have just realised now.... anew sucks. 

I've been trying to play Thabes after my first play through. It sucks. I hate it.

If I had min-maxed my stats I might be less irritated, but as it is, I'm just planning on running Jesse, Saber, Kamui, Tobin (dread fighter), Alm, Celica, Tatiana, Genny, Silque, and I dunno probably Mathilda or maybe Python. The first four have been through the villager loop a couple of times and their most important stats are maxed. The three healers will be using Invoke mostly. Alm and Celica will lie low. Mathilda and Python are both bad compared to the dread fighters. The two of them, and Alm and Celica all seriously underperform once you get to floor 9. I've had one close call with one of my characters dying (first time I used a revival spring), and I've had two instances after hours of heavy grinding where Alm or Celica were exposed by a death in the front lines, and the turnwheel was useless. 

Thabes is awful.

On 7/12/2018 at 5:58 PM, Frontiersmann said:

I've been trying to play Thabes after my first play through. It sucks. I hate it.

If I had min-maxed my stats I might be less irritated, but as it is, I'm just planning on running Jesse, Saber, Kamui, Tobin (dread fighter), Alm, Celica, Tatiana, Genny, Silque, and I dunno probably Mathilda or maybe Python. The first four have been through the villager loop a couple of times and their most important stats are maxed. The three healers will be using Invoke mostly. Alm and Celica will lie low. Mathilda and Python are both bad compared to the dread fighters. The two of them, and Alm and Celica all seriously underperform once you get to floor 9. I've had one close call with one of my characters dying (first time I used a revival spring), and I've had two instances after hours of heavy grinding where Alm or Celica were exposed by a death in the front lines, and the turnwheel was useless. 

Thabes is awful.

that's horrible :( 
I pitchforked a few people and ran them through again i looped all the dreadfighters i made, but next time i play EVERYONE (for the most part gets dreadfightered and looped. 
I'm not sure if I'll like Thabes either but i figure i didn't attempt it the first time, so i should try now.