The future of Sacred Seals: What do you expect?

Xenomata

Note, this thread is pure speculation and does not indicate any specific upcoming content.

Sacred Seals have been somewhat interesting since their inception in April last year, starting out as simple stat boosts and slowly expanding to include special skills exclusive to Sacred Seals (Quickened Pulse was the first), Fortify and Spur skills, and at some point Sacred Seals simply became "flexible Passive Skills". They only later gained the ability to be upgraded to have stronger, or more accurately "max level", effects via the Sacred Seal forge, as well as gaining access to crafting old Sacred Seals we may have missed and a few new seals.

There are now more than 60 unique player available Sacred Seals available to us, and only some of them are skills unique to Sacred Seals (though some are available as effects on personal weapons and personal skills), and with each Tempest Trial and Squad Assault, the number steadily grows. Of course that number is mostly padded out by the variations of stat boosting skills...

I'd like to ask you, what do you think lies in store for the future of Sacred Seals, now that it's been a year and a month? Is there any specific skill or effect you hope gets translated to a Sacred Seal? For the moment, let's discuss Sacred Seals here, those things I remember once being referred to as "items" to be given to a unit in an inventory slot...?

My opinion in the spoiler...

Spoiler

Sacred Seals, for a while, have followed a pretty standard pattern: To qualify for being a Sacred Seal, be a Passive skill that is considered "unpopular" compared to the other options available in that skills passives category, such as Seal Spd in Passive B. There have been some cases of popular skills becoming Sacred Seals, such as Quick Riposte, and some Sacred Seals enabled some level of popularity towards a skill, such as Brash Assault when paired with Desperation.

I don't want to say that some skills have no hope of ever becoming Sacred Seals, but it also seems like some skills would be considered too powerful as Sacred Seals, such as the Battle Initiation skills (imagine, Death Blow 6 with Siegberts Dark Greatsword...), and others have simply been forgotten as time went on (whatever happened to the Defiant skills?). Even excluding those skills, there are still a number of skills to translate to Sacred Seals, especially if interesting effects such as the Def/Res Link or Odd Wave skills are just being brought into the light.

There's also the potential of weapon effects becoming Sacred Seals still, such as the Owltome effect or effectiveness towards certain units. While I've no idea what the expected lifespan of FEH is supposed to be, there's still quite the interesting future for Sacred Seals...

Edited by Xenomata

One Sacred Seal I would love to have is Live to Serve. There are 3 skill which are essential for any staff user build: Wrathful Staff, Dazzling Staff and Live to Serve. The first two are available in the Weapon Refinery, and all 3 skills are B-slot skills. Having Live to Serve SS, a healer will be able to do normal damage, prevent foe's counterattack and be able to heal themselves by healing allies. And like Quick Riposte 3, Live to Serve 3 is a 5-stars exclusive, so having it in seal form would be interesting. Also, only 2 units have Live to Serve: Elise and Wrys.

I believe we all agree the next Tactic skill to become a seal is Res Tactic, right? I would like it.

The only ploy skill we don't have yet is Spd Ploy, so it can happens soon, and I would like to have another shield skill, like Grani's Shield Sacred Seal.

The most important addition would be a method to categorise them because equipping them has become a royal pain. Especially those bloody Squad Ace seals, arrrrgh!

I'm surprised by some of the powerful seals they've added that have otherwise appeared only on 5* exclusive units, like Distant Def, Def Tactic, Heavy Blade, Flier Formation, and Guidance. Whatever the reason, I expect them to keep adding more of those, while filling out other slots with other miscellaneous seals.

It is clear they are very strict on the A slot unique seals, a little bit more open on the B-Slot skill (tough only for semi suefull stuff) and alot more open to the C-Slot skill.

Needless to say this is because otherwise they might break some units.

What i would like to see:
Live to Serve Seal
Guard Seal
Desperation Seal
The Tactics Line seal
Close Counter
Infantery Pulse
Shield Pulse

Seals they should never release evar because they would break the game:
Wings of Mercy
Escape Route
Distant Counter
Armor March
Vantage
any blalbah Breath skill (like Steady Breath etc)
any of the bold, vengeful etc fighter skills

Seals that I'm not expecting to see: wrath, CC, DC, fighter skills, desperation, wings of mercy, brazens, blow and stance skills, armor march, the hone/goad/fortify/ward emblem skills, fury, double spurs, breaker skills

Seals that I'm expecting and want to see in the near future: speed ploy, flashing blade, the rest of the tactics skills, x/x+2, triangle adept, guard

I agree on wanting live to serve SS because my healers want that SS.  As to others I expect that would be: finish off the ploy line and other then that I really don't have any guesses because I expect every skill line that has a SS to finish off the line at some point.

I want them to release Weapon effects as skills. Effective damage against armor, cavalry, fliers, infantry, dragons, and tome users would be pretty neat. +10 Damage on Special activation and cooldown count -1 would be good effects too. Targeting the lower of Def/Res also sounds awesome, although that might be broken.

Speaking of broken, one Weapon effect that I really want as a Sacred Seal would be the Brave effect. Imagine all the horror fun that magical units and Firesweep users can now experience and share with Reinhardt and Olwen. Another broken Weapon effect that I also want is the Blade effect. Who does not like Firesweep-Blade or Dire Thunder-Blade?

Also, let us have some fun with Embla's Ward and Múspellflame too!

3 hours ago, Humanoid said:

The most important addition would be a method to categorise them because equipping them has become a royal pain. Especially those bloody Squad Ace seals, arrrrgh!

I agree. They can probably implement a feature that only shows A, B, C, or Sacred Seal exclusive categories, similar to the Skill Search menu. For me, scrolling to the B skill section and beyond is kind of a hassle.

Edited by XRay

Live to Serve sounds popular...

To be honest, I'd like it to, but then it'll make the Martyr staff completely useless, as that has a sort of LtS effect in it.

I say that, but then again the Defiant skills were completely replaced with the Brazen skills, so maybe I have no idea what I'm saying...