Your dream/joke crossovers and all-stars?

henrymidfields

There are many potential crossovers that are yet to be explored by the actual creators. Out of the ones yet to be unrealised, what crossovers would you like to see? As long as it is something not yet made official/canon, anything is fair game.

EDIT: I'll also allow members to talk about whatever crossover fanfics they are currently working on, or worked on.

I'd like to see more crossovers of TMS#FE with other Atlus titles. TMS#FE: Dancing Sunny Day with Rise, Kanami, and Yukari (who is also a part-time actor) as guests would be hilariously awesome. Actually no, bring the entire Persona 3-5 crew dancing with the Fortuna Entertainment Crew and all the FE characters who previously starred in FE Heroes as the mirage/persona/performa dancers in a bigger and better LMB Festival, and I'd buy that game on launch night, no questions asked. :D:

On another note, FE x Pokemon would have been a good way to explore possibilities of using Pokemon for warfare. And possibilities to explore narratives of animal welfare vs war, the use of animals for war in addition to the FE's usual tales. And the final boss should be something may or may not be a mix between Ghetsis and Ashnard in terms of philosophy. A call for Pokemon to be liberated from slavery under humans, and a call for humans to accept the laws of the natural order.

Edited by henrymidfields

Just give me a Xeno crossover. A Xeno Fighters game by ArcSys or a Xeno Warriors game by Koei Tecmo. While Xenogears, Xenosaga and Xenoblade are technically separate IPs, many people, including Tetsuya Takahashi, the guy who created these games, consider part of one series (or perhaps, metaseries is a more accurate term). And i want to see a crossover between the three. 

This rumor of a Starfox racing game has got me thinking about how I always thought an F-Zero/Starfox crossover would be best for both franchises. Because neither racing games nor arcade shooters have it easy selling in today's game market at a sixty dollar price. You would have Arwing levels and racing levels mixed together in an epic narrative. There's always been hints that these two universes are somehow connected. Parallel dimensions, if you ask me. One where humans achieved space travel and one where furry talking animals achieved space travel. That's how we get a James McCloud and a galactic Grand Prix in both universes. Plus the latest Star Fox game had all that business about Andross developing Portals for inter dimensional travel. The story writes itself. And imagine the Starfox-style banter in a racing game. Instant classic.

11 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Because neither racing games nor arcade shooters have it easy selling in today's game market at a sixty dollar price.

Unless it's Mario Kart.

Anyway, I'd be up for a Professor Layton Vs. Ace Attorney sequel, as long as it's less Layton-focused like the original game was.

After watching Spirited Away, I’ve always wanted it in a Kingdom Hearts game. But, alas, that may be next to impossible now that Disney America’s Lost the distribution rights to Studio Ghibli’s films.

If Kingdom Hearts and Tales ever crossed over game, I'd throw my money at it.  I have no idea how the plot would work, though.

Or Trails x Tales in some sort of fighting game.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

I have no idea how the plot would work, though.

you act like this is a hurdle for something involving Kingdom Hearts

Don't know how I'd feel about a crossover with a property that's already a crossover.

7 hours ago, henrymidfields said:

On another note, FE x Pokemon would have been a good way to explore possibilities of using Pokemon for warfare. And possibilities to explore narratives of animal welfare vs war, the use of animals for war in addition to the FE's usual tales. And the final boss should be something may or may not be a mix between Ghetsis and Ashnard in terms of philosophy. A call for Pokemon to be liberated from slavery under humans, and a call for humans to accept the laws of the natural order.

Pokemon Conquest kinda did this.

I second the F-Zero/Starfox crossover mentioned earlier and would like to add Metroid to that, as well.

I would also like to see an FE fighter in the future, especially done by ArcSys, but only if it isn't just Fateswakening Featuring Marth and Lyn.

Speaking of fighters, I would love to see more Nintendo-franchise-specific fighting games, like Mario or Kirby no I'm not biased, or even a Nintendo vs. Capcom, but those seem less likely to happen.

10 minutes ago, henrymidfields said:

Oh did it? I haven't played that one.

Please do!  Imagine the Sengoku period meets Pokemon meets tactical RPG.  It's a lot of fun!

48 minutes ago, Tuvy said:

Suikoden and Fire emblem 

108 characters in a FE game taking place in the Suikoden universe. Hell yah

If they can do a better job with character development in FE than they did with Suikoden, I'm game.

(or if they can pull off the Rahal/Rana thing)

Dream Crossovers:

1. Dragon Age x Fire Emblem (what better way to make that real-time FE game they had planned).
The way I see it, these two games have very different gameplay and settings, and yet, they seem like a really good idea for intertwining such as in a crossover. For gameplay, you get the real-time of Dragon Age, and then tactical view can include aspects of the player phase in Fire Emblem, the class promotion system in Fire Emblem could be combined with the specialization system in Dragon Age, etc. How is this not a good idea? What do you guys think?

Joke Crossovers:

1. Metroid x Castlevania
2. Fire Emblem x Mario
3. Xenoblade Chronicles x Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

I could probably easily think of a few more. 

Edited by vanguard333

10 hours ago, henrymidfields said:

This works. I always felt that Pokémon lore was surprisingly shallow when compared to, say, FE or Elder Scrolls. That's why I trued to expand tge Pokémon universe in my main fanfic, giving them organized religion (Legendary Pokémon Pantheon with Arceus as the Supreme) and ancient regalia. I also thought "What would happen if humans learned to harness the elemental energies utilized by Pokémon?", and that led to adding human mages in the backstory, although I justified it by making it sort of obsolete when technology started to progress to superior levels. I also tinkered with metaphysics by reversing the Existence Clause for the Pokémon realm.

The Existence Clause is something I theorized that applies to certain fictional universes (Elder Scrolls, Percy Jackson, etc.) which states: "As long as they are still acknowledged or their sphere (domain) still exists, a deity can continue existing." I. E., they are personifications of their spheres, given souls and constantly changing in form/appearance/power depending on the state of their domain or faith from the mortals. However, in the Pokémon universe, Legendary Pokémon aee the source of their domains, controlling their spheres and altering them as they see fit, not the other way around. Their power levels are constant, and they can mess arpund with realitt itself as long as it is within their sphere. For example, Palkia constantly alters and revises physics as much as he wants. Kyogre can flood the world at will, and Lunala could crash the moon into the Earth if she wanted to, not that she'd have a reason to do it in-story.

I think that's enough rambling and derailing this thread with my fanfic notes, so I'll throw in mu two cents into the mix.

Fire Emblem Heroes x Plants Vs. Zombies Heroes. Let's see which Heroes spinoff will rack up the microtransactions faster!

Phoenix Wright x Final Fantasy. So all we'll need left is a Phoenix Left and a Phoenix Up.

FE x Pokémon. Everyone would like it!

FE x something in space. So we can have Mars (Marth) on Mars (the planet)!

Elder Scrolls x Fallout. Come on Bethesda, you can do it!

Anything crossed with Hamtaro would automatically be a great game.

Hamtaro X FE. Hamtaro X Suikoden. Hamtaro X Ace Attorney. The possibilities are endless.

Edited by Tamanoir

Panel de Pon / Tetris or Panel de Pon / Puyo Puyo - 

Sega treats their game with so much respect revently, and it's sad that Panel de Pon has largely died with Tetris Attack/Pokemon Puzzle Leauge. I know that the fan-online version exists, but much like the fan-made Puyo Puyo VS it isn't ideal. I don't think Panel de Pon is quite as god a game as Puyo Puyo, but it still deserves better especially compared to Dr. Mario

Bust a Move / Magical Drop

Could easily get the Puyo Puyo Tetris treatment given their close relation to each other.

Driver / Grand Theft Auto -

Now everyone knows that becoming "GTA-lite" killed the Driver franchise. But beyond D3, I think the small games didn't do too badly for what they were. Grand Theft Auto itself has also suffered since GT3-Vice-San Andreas - The three classic PS2 games I feel are the triumph that they are because they are able to focus on a specific era, which helps to unify the music, locations, and even story of the games. GTA4-5 have kind of a problem with their theming being too close to modern day or resorting to meta-commentary on the type of players who do GTA. I think that Driver's 70s setting could help provide structure that recent GTA has recently lacked. In the meantime, it could be interesting to see a GTA with a much more serious physics model for it's cars and an incentive to appreciate the story for a little longer before descending into "make your own fun" anarchy.

Hot Shots Golf / Mario Tennis -

There has been one* Hot Shots Tennis game (the PSP game is only a port of the PS2). I think that slightly different arcade physics of HST could do well in Mario Tennis, and I must admit I preferred it's level structure and higher difficulty compared to (do the 6 tournaments with every chararhter). Most importantly, the ability to do the main tour / unlockable content in 2 Player was a godsend, it always felt awkward doing the doubles trophies in SP when I had two people who loved the game.

Ape Escape / Rocket on Wheels -

I think that both of these platformers were unfairly overshadowed in the 5th console generation - Both had the best physics of the  platformers on their respective console, and while both were shorter than "the big games" they still had a respectable length and varied gameplay design. Ape Escape did have 2 platformer sequels (and many trashy spin offs, while Rocket was never heard from again. No one's going to argue Rocket > Banjo/Mario Some people might argue Ape Escape > Crash/Spyro though but it seems cruel to consign these to the forgotten (search for an animal mascot) trend of the 4th-5th generation. 

MDK / Metal Arms

Third Person Shooters are generally seen as a "weak" genre, and only have a handful of games with more good points than flaws. MDK and Metal Arms also have some similiar theming due to the humor - the aliens and the Mil bots are fairly comparable as entertaining enemies go. They are dissimllar in a couple ways, but I like them as "getting" the arcade experience despite the TPS elements, which is severely lacking in most of the genre.

So I have a roster idea, anyone familiar with the Project X Zone series? *sees lack of hand raises* well basically it's a crossover extravaganza game. And a brief history of it is that the series started off with a japan only game between capcom characters and bandai namco characters, which later expanded to include Sega, and in the most recent entry, Nintendo. Now they haven't confirmed a third game yet nor do I think one will happen with how PXZ2 ended with everything being solved. The exception is if they retcon some of the events that happened but that's besides the point. In short, the way they game is there are 2 character paired together that are set together, past examples include Ryu and Ken (street fighter), X and Zero(mega-man X), Yuri and Flynn (Tales of Vesperia), and sometimes there are oddballs, like Chun-Li and Morrigan (Street Fighter and Darkstalkers), Dante and Demitir(Devil May Cry and Darkstalkers), Chun-Li and Xiayou (Street Fighter and Tekken), and many other odd combos, though usually series stick together. There is also solo units that can be swapped between unit teams, examples include Heihachi(tekken), Estelle(tales of vesperia), Captain Commando (his name), Natsu (soulcalibar), Ulala (space channel 5), and often the solo unit does have a team to go to such as Alisa (god eater) going with Ciel and Nana (god eater 2), Vashyron/Leanne going with Zephyr and Leanne/Vashyron (resonance of fate), and so on.

So I decided for my list of PXZ3 to keep most of the old cast (because their interactions are amazing) and almost double the roster from 2 with some newcomers and bringing back older entries. I will say that the list and games themselves do reference spoilers a lot, especially the Xeno series, also the games try to keep mostly realistic characters, which is why Sonic isn't in the series nor are pokemon and mario ones I'd expect to be included. Also keep in mind that this is my personal list and I know and doubt that if there ever was a 3rd PXZ game it wouldn't have half these characters.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14vh5Jo-j98d-ftAnoXc4xpRi4_GpAuR6wdqLIGTWtDM/edit?usp=sharing

On 5/28/2018 at 5:51 PM, vanguard333 said:

Dream Crossovers:

1. Dragon Age x Fire Emblem (what better way to make that real-time FE game they had planned).
The way I see it, these two games have very different gameplay and settings, and yet, they seem like a really good idea for intertwining such as in a crossover. For gameplay, you get the real-time of Dragon Age, and then tactical view can include aspects of the player phase in Fire Emblem, the class promotion system in Fire Emblem could be combined with the specialization system in Dragon Age, etc. How is this not a good idea? What do you guys think?

Joke Crossovers:

1. Metroid x Castlevania
2. Fire Emblem x Mario
3. Xenoblade Chronicles x Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

I could probably easily think of a few more. 

FE x Mario could be probably work gameplay wise, if any future Mario RPG uses FE gameplay.

Anyway, now I’ve got another crossover in my head; FE x Final Fantasy.

50 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

FE x Mario could be probably work gameplay wise, if any future Mario RPG uses FE gameplay.

Anyway, now I’ve got another crossover in my head; FE x Final Fantasy.

So long as FF Tactics is in there, I'm game.

Now that I'm thinking about it, FE x Tales could be fun too.

Xenoblade Warriors is something I think will happen in the future. Each game has large, diverse casts of characters that would fit the mold really well especially when you consider the previous Nintendo x Warriors games.

There's a lot of games I want Arc System Works to make, but here's my top two. 1. Put Guilty Gear characters in Blazblue Cross Tag Battle. 2. Give the Dragonball Fighterz treatment to a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fighting game.

Final Fantasy x Fire Emblem, so that we can all stop complaining about why Square Enix hasn't made a new Tactics game.

Call of Duty vs. Doki Doki Literature Club.

This is half-joke half-serious, but I have legit curiosity of what would an AceCombat x Pokémon crossover could be. Yeah, that. Just that alone means it's practically never going to happen, but well, that doesn't stop me!

Anyway, at times I ponder back to the war mentioned in the Kanto games. The one Lt. Surge and like 1 or 2 of his GYM underlings participated in. The remakes, with the Fame Checker, adds that Surge was a pilot, using his Pokémon to charge up his plane. Well, you see where I'm going now, no? A war where you had at least one pilot in an aircraft; and where there's one plane, there's likely more; and where there's one side with aircraft, the other side likely has too; and where there's both sides with aircraft, you have dogfights. So yeah. I can only wonder. Of course, there's different ways to go with the "Warfare with Pokémon" thing, but I thought mostly on the military aircraft due to there being mentioned to exist; and I thought on Ace Combat since, well, it's the one I like most, or at least most familiar with.

Just imagine, flying an F-22 or Su-37, and not only you have to avoid missiles, cannon gunshot, the occasional superweapon or superplane weaponry... but also that Charizard that snuck up from behind to fire a flamethrower to ignite your fuel tanks!!!! Okay, I don't think most planes have exposed fuel tanks, but I'd still think that flamethrower would still inflict damage somewhere. Or dodge a Hyper Beam, or some other attacks; and you can join in on the fun, having a Pokémon with you on the plane giving you an additional attack or an ability. Ace Comabt being Ace Combat, this also extends to land and naval warfare, though you only remain strictly using planes.

As I mentioned, this is never going to happen, even if ironically it is canon to the Pokémon world that such stuff has happened.