Ideas  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Make Lilina a mage Lord (*could include axes).

• Yes, make Lilina a mage lord with axes.
    • Yes, I am in favor Lilina being a mage lord but no axes should be included
    • No.
  2. 2. Make Knights use different weapons (Barth-Axes,Wendy-Swords,Bors-Lances).

3. 3. Make Cavaliers use different weapons(Lance-Lances xd-etc).

4. 4. Skirmishes.

• They should be removed
    • They should be customized
  5. 5. Change roy's promotion time.(make him promote quicker).

Hello everyone,

so I've recently been working on a remake of fe6.

Basically fe6 ported to fe8.

I'd like to think your opinion about it.

This project will include;

-Better text

-QoF patch (even though I'd love to have more mechanics like a strength  and magic split)

-Display all weapons patch

-more weapons (like Noble Rapier etc.)

-Blinking frames for the portraits and recoloured

and lastly!

-nothing 

here have some screenshots

Screenshot.png

screenshot.png

Edited by WhydidImakethisaccount

The second chapter is also done except for the Ai s but I'm a bit tired so I will continue later.

(and when I say later, I mean tomorrow)(When is tomorrow you ask? well in 22 hours by now)(when is now?? - nevermind)

k finished the AI

birb

On 5/29/2018 at 1:15 AM, WhydidImakethisaccount said:

The hack will include a world map and dual promotions , I could use a heaven seal for Roy maybe?

Also an other think I'd like to note is that I may replace tower of valni and ladgou ruins with arenas

I'd like to know what your thoughts are on this

But when is he going to be able to receive a chance to promote; that was the question

Skirmishes might be weird, but workable; idk
I personally don't have an opinion on utilizing valni and lagdou, since none of my versions ever used fe8 as a base (one was fe7, the other fexna)

1) He **might receive a chance to promote earlier

2) I can remove the skirmishes completely but I have an idea about having soldiers except for monsters.

3)Meh.

By the way if anyone is interested, I've created a pole about the features whether or not this hack should include.

One change I'd personally love to see is for the class-specific promotion items to be removed and replaced with master seals. FE6 is stingy enough with promotion items as is, so having constant restrictions on who can use what feels kind of excessive.

Also, when you recolour the portraits, remember to look up each character's original art as reference. Many of the FE6 in-game portraits are rather miscoloured (Marcus, Lance, Lot and Fir are some pretty good examples).

Re Lilina, why not give her a promotion that uses magic AND axes? Well I guess the answer is because hybrid classes aren't possible in GBA Fire Emblem, but there's a hack for that, right?

Edited by Jotari

Guys, unfortunately I can't make more pole questions (for some reason) but I have the easy option of just asking you,

Should pegasus knights with swords and wyvern riders with axes be included?

Also if anyone wants skill system to be in the game then I'll have to restart the project.

it would take 3 days normally but I don't have enough spare time to work on it. Well... it will probably take a week or one and a half. 

Let me know soon in order to take measures. (I already know what the answer is going to be) (killme)(I'm not gonna do any of that)

For the wyverns, I'd have them like Path of Radiance (lances at base, gains axes upon promotion). Makes for a compromise between their GBA and modern incarnations.

Edited by Diffuse

You know, on second thought, I'm actually all for sword pegs.

I'm personally against adding skills. Skills, IMO, should constitute a part of a character/unit's identity. With the original FE6 not having a skill system, I feel that there's not enough to go on when it comes to deciding what skills each character would have.

Also, I would love for something like this to be implemented.

Edited by Diffuse
Fixed broken hyperlink

Perfectly valid reason for restarting a project!

But please be a bit more concise about updates.  A simple post explaining that your patch has been delayed because of a glitch you couldn't work out would be preferable to Twitter-style updates.  While the spamming/double-posting rules are somewhat relaxed for projects, it's better to say more with less.