Legendary Hero: Ryoma, Supreme Samurai

Poimagic

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Half of the world's middle schoolers and high schoolers would die giggling like the kids they are.

Huh?

...Oh.

...Can we call the player phase attacks Strikes, then?

3 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Wait, can flying units get Wrath? I thought that was Infantry/Armor only?

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

Not like L!Ryoma can use wrath in the first place

It is armor and infantry only, so I guess you have a point. However, I am not sure if Bushido's effect deserves to be on Ryoma's B slot when Quick Riposte exist. You can offload Quick Riposte to the Sacred Seal slot, but that is giving up powerful Sacred Seals like Speed +3 and Quickened Pulse.

2 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

"Swallow Blow" instead of Darting/Swift

I am already giggling, that is how mature I am.

I think @Ice Dragon mentioned before that it would cause a lot of unintended moments of hilarity among teenagers and people with a great sense of humor

Oh yeah, they used Xander in the trailer. It's like promoted Ephraim and Valter again. Ryoma's shown to have 41 HP in the trailer and while initiating against Xander, so Kestral Stance 2 isn't active nor is Xander's default Armored Blow 3, did 13x2. Xander in turn did 26 damage to him. 5* Xander's stats and with his default kit of Siegfried (16 Mt), Blazing Light, Armored Blow 3, and Spur Def 3 before any buffs are 44 HP, 48 Atk, 24 Spd, 37 Def, and 17 Res.

Kinshi knight Ryoma's known stats would be 41 HP, 34 Atk, >= 29 Spd, 22 Def, and ?? Res. Ryoma's definitely not going to be packing 29-ish speed, so to make this easy, I'm going to say he has the same speed as his regular self, 35 speed, which would also mean he'd have the same offenses and HP as his regular self. With 41 HP, 34 Atk, 35 Spd, and 22 Def, he'd have 132 BST leaving him around 30 for resistance.

41 HP, 34 Atk, 35 Spd, 22 Def, and 30 Res basically makes him Lloyd with +2 Atk and Def and Raijinto instead of Regal Blade.

Edited by Kaden

Where is Winter Tharja?  C'mon man, I was waiting for her all this time, don't tell me she is coming next month with Legendary Ike to pity break me again and again like he did 2 months ago.  I love Sigurd and Y Tiki but I already have them and good IV, and Y tiki is at +2.  Flying Ryoma looks great, but I'm not pulling for 1/3 chance.  

Green is also a no go for me, got Gunnthra+3 at optimum IV, and NY Azura with good IV.  So again 1/3 even though Winter Chrom is pretty monstrous.  

Colorless is good, I have none of the units.  Unfortunately none are units that are super exciting to me, still I guess good value.

Blue is very good, I only have the free Fjorm we all got.  Hardin is one of my most wanted units, and Winter Robin is also a very powerful blue armor.

I guess might go blues, if no blues will pull colorless orb.  

The new Y Tiki breath has me very excited, however I don't have DC to give.  So unless it has that in its base or refine I'll probably not be able to make use of it for a long time.  I was thinking of using my dew for Felicia refine, but I'm going to wait to see what exactly the new PRF Breath for Y Tiki is.

MAMA GUNTHRA!!!!!

And here is, another opportunity to finally get mama gunthra, please finally come to me. Darn, I feel so tempted to try for some more Innes to have a + one... And try for another NY!Takumi since mine is -spd. But at the same time I want to keep saving my orbs in case new characters I want appear mmmmmm

And about Ryoma... I keep my opinion to myself

Glad I held off on giving any blessings to my second flier team, I was pretty close to giving them all Fire or Wind blessings. Still a bit awkward because I already have a lot of water (and Earth) blessed heroes but that's okay. Kinda neat too since the team will be built around Hinoka's Hone Fliers, and Spring Kagero would make a good third. Missing one piece though: flying mage Saizo when?

The impression I get overall is that Ryoma is just red female Grima but that's a decent enough niche. Of course that relies on getting him eventually - sp for now Caeda will have to play the big brother role.

As for Tiki, would it be too much to ask that adult Tiki gets the same thing? That is, if Mist Breath has a DC effect of course.

EDIT: Vaguely amused that Xander was going to win that fight in the trailer if it went on for any longer.

Edited by Humanoid

9 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

...I am very concerned about the fact I'd rather get a launch hero than the shiny new Legendary, but I've got my eye on that Tiki. Perfectly willing to wait on a New Power banner with her, at least- Legendary banners are now completely redundant.

I think of them as post powercreep refinements.

3 minutes ago, MisfitMiju said:

Would it be wrong to assume that Wo Dao and Bushido can stack when paired together, and man the bride banner took away most of my orbs I needed for the christmas armors

Wo Dao and Wrath already stack, so it's pretty much a given that Wo Dao and Bushido will stack.

I might drop a few orbs in hopes of getting Hardin. One would be great (Bold Fighter for Lyn). Two would be better (Bold Fighter for Lyn and Jakob). 3 would be ideal (Bold Fighter for Lyn and Jakob; keep a copy of Hardin for collection). But I'm not going to push my luck.

Holy crap, his defense is low. From highest to lowest for the legendary heroes, it's vanguard Ike (35), promoted Ephraim (33), Fjorm and GF!Robin (30), SSJ3 Ryoma (22), LotW Lyn (21), and Gunnthra (19).

Edited by Kaden

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Wo Dao and Wrath already stack, so it's pretty much a given that Wo Dao and Bushido will stack.

Oh wow I've never gotten another nephenee to verify that being the case so that's pretty cool. Though I have wonder how Ryoma is gonna be able to significantly stand out from the sword fliers we already have 

Edited by MisfitMiju

I will pass on it. Ryouma is certainly unsurprising choice (in good way), but his set up is rally bad IMHO. I mean if his stats are anywhere close to standard Ryouma his resistance will suck and chicken will give him weakness against bows. That leaves him as ...Dagger counter?

I guess replacing his A skill for S/W Breath combined with DD could make him worthwhile though?

1 hour ago, SSbardock84 said:

Surprising and stupid. What the heck is this garbage? We better get a Xander at some point then.

Ryouma is good choice for Legendary, he is practically lord of his game. Well we might get Xander eventually too, but there are more suitable choice especially ones with less alts then him.

BTW as you can see, we indeed got red unit. I am not kind of person who would like say stuff like "I told'ya so" but... OK I am exactly that kind of person

Edited by Tenzen12

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

As a legendary though, I thought Ryoma would be fire. Lightning is a form of heat and can also be called a form of fire. The guy wearing a lot of red fits here too.

I think it was mentioned before, but it’s possible that the reason he’s a Water Hero is because the Water element plays a large role in Fates. If we ever get a legendary Xander, he will likely be Water as well.

5 minutes ago, MisfitMiju said:

Oh wow I've never gotten another nephenee to verify that being the case so that's pretty cool. Though I have wonder how Ryoma is gonna be able to significantly stand out from the sword fliers we already have 

He stands out by virtue of being the only enemy phase one. I suppose Palla is sort of enemy phase, if you squint. His defense is low for the job, sure, and he needs to choose between Iote's and a general purpose seal, but his speed and easy access to flier buffs should mean he wins the first engagement almost always. Sort of like F Grima again, a once-and-done tank.

Edited by Humanoid

2 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I think it was mentioned before, but it’s possible that the reason he’s a Water Hero is because the Water element plays a large role in Fates. If we ever get a legendary Xander, he will likely be Water as well.

Yeah, I know, I read that. But I honestly figured the water thing could only apply to Corrin and Azura due to both having actual water abilities.

7 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Holy crap, his defense is low. From highest to lowest for the legendary heroes, it's vanguard Ike (35), promoted Ephraim (33), Fjorm and GF!Robin (30), SSJ3 Ryoma (22), LotW Lyn (21), and Gunnthra (19).

Reposition, his tance, and Buffs from a refined Camilla's Axe and Goad Fliers would give most enemies pause from attacking him. 

With only 22 Defense and likely low res, it'll be hard for him to be good in EP though. His predicted stats certainly scream PP to me, which means replacing a big part of his kit. Don't know why the devs thought it would be a good idea.

I mean, there's flier buffs, but that still seems a lot of extra effort just to make him work as intended.

Edited by Nanima

9 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

I will pass on it. Ryouma is certainly unsurprising choice (in good way), but his set up is rally bad IMHO. I mean if his stats are anywhere close to standard Ryouma his resistance will suck and chicken will give him weakness against bows. That leaves him as ...Dagger counter?

I guess replacing his A skill for S/W Breath combined with DD could make him worthwhile though?

Based on the damage numbers for the battle against Xander, Ryoma probably has decent Res (because his Def is rather low, and he doesn't have enough points of stats elsewhere).

You also can't give him Steady Breath or Warding Breath because he flies.

He can run a powerful player-phase build by replacing Raijinto with Wo Dao+ [Spd / Def] or keep Raijinto to run a mixed-phase or enemy-phase build. Having access to flier buffs also helps a good amount compared to infantry Ryoma.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Legendary Ryoma has high speed likely, and with Fortify/Hone buffs he likely will almost never get doubled and have okay defense.  Coupled with a DC weapon and good attack, I think someone calculated 34 so 50 with his weapon, 56 with Hone buff he is going to do something no other red flier can do.  I don't know what people expect, he seems outstanding.

9 minutes ago, Nanima said:

With only 22 Defense and likely low res, it'll be hard for him to be good in EP though. His predicted stats certainly scream PP to me, which means replacing a big part of his kit. Don't know why the devs thought it would be a good idea.

I mean, there's flier buffs, but that still seems a lot of extra effort just to make him work as intended.

Fliers are all about buffing, Reposition,  and sometimes WoM or Escape Route shenanigans on a mostly or all-flier team.  Slap on a Distant Defense or Close Defense seal for good measure. 

Edited by SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre

technically speaking Ryoma is the Lord of Hoshido, Xander is for Nohr, and Corn and Azura are solidly Vallite lords, so Legendary Ryoma still makes sense as Xander or Azura. 

I'm trying to think how water relate to lightning and my friend says storm... reminds me of my essay about how Fates possibly be loosely based on Mahabharata because Indra. 

He looks frail, will he worth it? NY Camilla is the best enemy phase sword flier and Elincia is for player phase one. 

8 minutes ago, MisfitMiju said:

He's the only flier with a built in distant counter weapon so he already stands out. Unlike most fliers he can pull off a decent vantage set without getting sniped by mages and archers thanks to his weapon. 

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

They've pulled stunts like this before so it shouldn't be surprising at this point. Let's not forget there's emblem buffs to patch up his bulk and his speed will contribute so honestly he's going to be amazing on flier/tactic teams.