Legendary Hero: Ryoma, Supreme Samurai

Poimagic

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

This forum is made up of people.  If you wouldn't say it to someone's face, think twice about posting it.  That's a rule I keep in mind when expressing my opinions.

Once again, it wasn’t directed at anyone. I’m not sure what you’re trying to even get at now.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, SSbardock84 said:

Once again, it wasn’t directed at anyone. I’m not sure what you’re trying to even get at now.

Imagine you're at a convention dedicated to something you enjoy.  All around you, people are talking about how cool it is.  Then some random person walks in and declares that the convention is garbage.

Would you care, personally?  Maybe, maybe not.  But it's extremely tacky to do such a thing, hence why I said something.  Don't be That Guy.

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Imagine you're at a convention dedicated to something you enjoy.  All around you, people are talking about how cool it is.  Then some random person walks in and declares that the convention is garbage.

Would you care, personally?  Maybe, maybe not.  But it's extremely tacky to do such a thing, hence why I said something.  Don't be That Guy.

I was just stating my own opinion. I didn’t even think it was that strong or offensive. But I’ll keep what you said in mind. I’m being sincere, since you can’t tell on the internet.

Oh neat! It looks like I got an update! I'm glad it's not too late. Hopefully stuff gets datamined before I have to go and sit through meetings....

Well that was quick. Here are Ryoma's datamined stats:

Spoiler

ryoma%20supreme%20samurai.png

Edited by Rafiel's Aria

*wiggles fingers* come here, Ryoma, I'll take real good care of you...

Sniping red and colorless just in case Sigurd or Innes decide to show up as well.  If at all possible, I want the Christmas!Chrom as well.  I got 2 Christmas!Lissas during his banner.

Normally, I don't spoil myself with datamines, but I'm really short on orbs.  My thoughts:

Spoiler

That is. . .weird.  Raijinto's DC is wasted due to his higher Def, since he absolutely doesn't want to tank arrows unless he has Iote's Shield.  His Res is so low that all he wants to bait are greens.  Great PP unit, questionable EP one.  If I pull him, he's getting Fury ASAP.

I'm sure there'll be a use for him, but i don't see it yet.  Maybe it's a sign that there will be other ways to negate arrow weakness besides Iote's Shield.  I sure hope so, for his sake!

Spoiler

It's a really good thing Ryoma's got the mount going for him. XD His stats are basically the same as his infantry counterpart. Same HP and ATK, +4 SPD, +1 DEF, -1 RES. The extra SPD is pretty neat. The mount is what makes him more impressive since he helps fill a niche that doesn't have a lot of options as it is, but I'm not sure I'd use him to replace my Caeda... 

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I feel like the mount hurts him.  Regular Ryoma could eat an arrow.

Unless. . .oh gosh. . .replace his B slot with Vantage and bait arrows that way.  But he'd have to OHKO for that to work.

Just now, eclipse said:
  Hide contents

I feel like the mount hurts him.  Regular Ryoma could eat an arrow.

Unless. . .oh gosh. . .replace his B slot with Vantage and bait arrows that way.  But he'd have to OHKO for that to work.

Spoiler

Well it hurts his performance as an enemy phase physical tank. I meant more that if he were an infantry sword unit, he'd basically just be "better Ryoma." My main gripe with legendary Ike is that he's basically just Ike with more bulk and a 4 cooldown Aether. At the very least, this Ryoma has something that sets him apart from his non-legendary counterpart. 

29 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

So much for Res.

Yeah, so much for that. My question now is why he took so much damage in the trailer against Xander.

Spoiler

For him to have had 22 defense against Xander, then he would have been level 34 at least since he was missing 6 defense compared to his datamined, level 40 stats. If that's the case, then I think he's the first legendary hero to have been shown off at some point in a trailer who wasn't at level 40. Recent trailers for other characters showed them at level 40 too which is a bit weird why Ryoma wasn't. Otherwise, Xander would have needed +6 attack from someone or Ryoma was debuffed by refined Rogue Dagger+ and Smoke Dagger+.

On the bright side, he has the highest offenses of the sword fliers now and yeah, Firesweep Sword is definitely something he'll be abusing. Question is would he want +Atk or +Spd now since his neutral offenses is basically +Spd Elincia's.

Edited by Kaden

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Yeah, so much for that. My question now is why he took so much damage in the trailer against Xander.

Perhaps they were aiming for dramatic effect? Big numbers taken on both sides being cooler than one shrugging off the other's hit? And Ryoma and Xander being parallels are portrayed as being of roughly equal power.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Perhaps they were aiming for dramatic effect? Big numbers taken on both sides being cooler than one shrugging off the other's hit? And Ryoma and Xander being parallels are portrayed as being of roughly equal power.

Probably, but I'm mainly wondering about what made him have that low defense. Was he debuffed by a refined Rogue Dagger+ or ironically, Smoke Dagger+? Was he not at level 40, but at level 34? Did Xander get a +6 attack buff? Did the developers just set his defense to 22 for that scene? Or were they actually considering Ryoma with 22 defense like they considered BH Lucina with 44 HP, shown in the Japanese trailer, instead of 41 HP as shown in the English trailer? Questions that won't ever be answered and don't really matter.

Edited by Kaden

Gave the banner a few tries. Unfortunately, the banner decided to be stingy with blue orbs and kept giving me fodder units so I stopped right after 5 blue stones. No biggie if I don't pull Hardin now since I can expect Winter Lissa to show up on the next banner.

I just had a quick look on Ryoma's stats online, and he looks pretty good. Strong on the offense, who probably won't get doubled much, but mages and archers are going to be his enemies, I don't know how much Raijinto help against that. But if it comes to melee combat, his defense looks average, and Kestrel Stance is obviously made for Counterattack+Glimmer. He's more offensive unit than defensive though, so he needs more buff to lure and defend.

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

Normally, I don't spoil myself with datamines, but I'm really short on orbs.  My thoughts:

Hide contents

That is. . .weird.  Raijinto's DC is wasted due to his higher Def, since he absolutely doesn't want to tank arrows unless he has Iote's Shield.  His Res is so low that all he wants to bait are greens.  Great PP unit, questionable EP one.  If I pull him, he's getting Fury ASAP.

I'm sure there'll be a use for him, but i don't see it yet.  Maybe it's a sign that there will be other ways to negate arrow weakness besides Iote's Shield.  I sure hope so, for his sake!

Some maps require mage baiting to get things started and having a flier eat damage with no retaliation makes things really hard. Flier teams that are properly built are not likely to care about arrows because of positioning skills and buffs making things managable. 

Edited by SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre

This might have been my quickest legendary pull. Which is great, considering how normal Ryoma was my first 5 star pull when I started out. Too bad I can't exploit that godly spd he has, as mine was +Def/-Spd.

Onto Hardin, I suppose

If you plan to use Ryoma, you need to have Iote's Shiled A-skill or SS. From the 3 type of range-units, He has problems with archers and mages. He will not get doubled so easily, so Vantage may be a good skill for him. Even if I get Ryoma someday, I will continue to use my NY Camilla as sword unit in my flying team.

Oh well, I got Xmas Chrom (+Atk/-HP) and Xmas Robin (+Spd/-Atk), the 2 are the units I really wanted from this banner. I also got a Sigurd (+Res/-HP), who will died someday, and a 4* Ares (+HP/-Def), who will be a 5 stars soon.

I got a +Atk, -Res Ryoma YES!!

But sadly no NY Azura or +Def, -Res Frederick even though I threw away close to 230 orbs. Instead all I got out of greens was a Christmas Chrom and three bad IV Fredericks. Not what I wanted...

So my luck was great for Ryoma, but bad the rest of the way. Could've been worse though, of course.