Legendary Hero: Ryoma, Supreme Samurai

Poimagic

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

If you plan to use Ryoma, you need to have Iote's Shiled A-skill or SS. From the 3 type of range-units, He has problems with archers and mages. He will not get doubled so easily, so Vantage may be a good skill for him. Even if I get Ryoma someday, I will continue to use my NY Camilla as sword unit in my flying team.

Oh well, I got Xmas Chrom (+Atk/-HP) and Xmas Robin (+Spd/-Atk), the 2 are the units I really wanted from this banner. I also got a Sigurd (+Res/-HP), who will died someday, and a 4* Ares (+HP/-Def), who will be a 5 stars soon.

I dont think Iotes Shield is the key as a Sacred Seal. He is not a very bulky unit aside from speed and HP. Mulgalir and Firesweep bow eat Iotes Shield for lunch, basicly turning him into a regular Ryoma with just Flyer movement.. I would just turn him into pure Player phase unit and Iotes Shield doesnt fit that bill. I mean honestly the only thing you will encounter in Arena is either Lyn with Brave Bow, Firesweep and Mulgalir or an H!Jacob with Bold Fighter and Brave Bow, which means in both cases with or without Iotes Shield Ryoam is most likely going to eat dirt when he gets touched by those 2 units.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Motendra said:

This might have been my quickest legendary pull. Which is great, considering how normal Ryoma was my first 5 star pull when I started out. Too bad I can't exploit that godly spd he has, as mine was +Def/-Spd.

Onto Hardin, I suppose

Oh hey i got the same Ryoma in my first summon session too. Only red orb and was actually looking for fodder

19 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Performing Arts Azura already appeared on Legendary Ike's banner back at the end of January. Jakob and Henry rounded out the last two Halloween characters on the last banner, so Christmas and New Year were to be expected for this one.

Yikes I need to pay more attention, I remembered having performing arts inigo and shigure last month and did not remember that we had azura and olivia a few months before that and I was not a big fan of the halloween banner so I was not really paying attention there. Thanks for clearing that up, I was kind of confused but should have probably just looked up the banners again before saying anything.

Edited by nirvanafan

8 hours ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Some maps require mage baiting to get things started and having a flier eat damage with no retaliation makes things really hard. Flier teams that are properly built are not likely to care about arrows because of positioning skills and buffs making things managable. 

Can you name a specific map where this happened?  I can usually mage bait with another ranged flier (but RIP to those that didn't pull one yet).

Also, don't post twice in a row.  Use the Edit button.

5 hours ago, Hilda said:

I dont think Iotes Shield is the key as a Sacred Seal. He is not a very bulky unit aside from speed and HP. Mulgalir and Firesweep bow eat Iotes Shield for lunch, basicly turning him into a regular Ryoma with just Flyer movement.. I would just turn him into pure Player phase unit and Iotes Shield doesnt fit that bill. I mean honestly the only thing you will encounter in Arena is either Lyn with Brave Bow, Firesweep and Mulgalir or an H!Jacob with Bold Fighter and Brave Bow, which means in both cases with or without Iotes Shield Ryoam is most likely going to eat dirt when he gets touched by those 2 units.

For the lower tiers of the arena (I hang out in 17-19), there's several other things besides what you named.  The only time I'd recommend Iote's Shield is if Ryoma's +Def, and Fury is in his A slot.

fuck this banner

362 orbs and no ryoma

i might just exhaust all f2p orbs until banner end and then save up for 2 months, pull absolutely nothing for 2 months, and try again next time

this is stupid

Edited by Thor Odinson

11 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

fuck this banner

362 orbs and no ryoma

i might just exhaust all f2p orbs until banner end and then save up for 2 months, pull absolutely nothing for 2 months, and try again next time

this is stupid

Aw man, that really sucks! D: I really wanted you to get this Ryoma too, Thor. He's so amazing. I knew you loved him a lot, so I was really rooting for you to get him. I'm sorry...

I tagged you showing you the one I pulled too. I'm sorry if that only made it worse. >_<

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Aw man, that really sucks! D: I really wanted you to get this Ryoma too, Thor. He's so amazing. I knew you loved him a lot, so I was really rooting for you to get him. I'm sorry...

I tagged you showing you the one I pulled too. I'm sorry if that only made it worse. >_<

it's cool

my wallet hurts quite a bit but at least he's definitely coming back

hopefully the red pitybreaker lineup is a bit more desirable next time

cutting the budget short here bc i really don't need that many ytikis or sigurds but im willing to invest a lot more if ryoma comes back on banner with like

swordhardt or sth

12 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

it's cool

my wallet hurts quite a bit but at least he's definitely coming back

hopefully the red pitybreaker lineup is a bit more desirable next time

cutting the budget short here bc i really don't need that many ytikis or sigurds but im willing to invest a lot more if ryoma comes back on banner with like

swordhardt or sth

I see. Yeah, sword Rein would be nice to have, I agree on that one!

And I hear you, my bank account hurts a bit too now after 300 something orbs and no NY Azura. I wanted her and Ryoma, not just Ryoma. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Hm, I do have to wonder

Would the legendary banner be any better if the legendary unit was 5% on their initial banner, and all other 5-stars were a shared 5% rate? Non-legendary units will always be on a banner somewhere, will be in the normal pool if not seasonal, and even the seasonal units get a rerun. The legendary heroes can only be obtained from this banner, and with them only running one hero of a color at one time, if you miss them you can be left waiting for a very long time. Would it be a good idea to increase the odds of getting the legendary heroes, even if it's just for their initial run?

This banner has done me well, in stark contrast to the last two. Netted me Ryoma(+Def/-Spd) Hardin(+Res/-Atk :( ) and Gunnthra (didnt check, but she's been elusive for the longest time and now I've a legend for each elemental season)

Here's hoping I can cop FeGrima, Yiki, or a better nature for the former two pulls.

3 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

fuck this banner

362 orbs and no ryoma

this is stupid

I feel you. It took me between 500-600 orbs to pull just one Ryoma. I'm still getting over my annoyance before I can enjoy him. I kept telling myself I wouldn't try again, but then I did. Even got sour grapes at one point and didn't want him, but it passed. I fully sympathise. Legendary banners freaking suck for new characters. 

Fingers crossed you get him next time :)

@Sunwoo

I considered that, and it would be good for people like me who have the seasonals they want but not the legendary and have no care for merges. However, people looking for the seasonal wouldn't be happy at all. 

Edited by Cute Chao

The legendary banners are, in practice, a good idea. But there's just way too many variables. And they last too short of a time, too. I kind of hope they'll change up how they do legendary banners. It'd also be nice to get a separate banner for various seasonal reruns instead of counting on legendary banners and once-a-year-reruns.

8 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I feel you. It took me between 500-600 orbs to pull just one Ryoma. I'm still getting over my annoyance before I can enjoy him. I kept telling myself I wouldn't try again, but then I did. Even got sour grapes at one point and didn't want him, but it passed. I fully sympathise. Legendary banners freaking suck for new characters. 

Fingers crossed you get him next time :)

Oof, that's rough. Glad you got him eventually, at least. 

25 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The legendary banners are, in practice, a good idea. But there's just way too many variables. And they last too short of a time, too. I kind of hope they'll change up how they do legendary banners. It'd also be nice to get a separate banner for various seasonal reruns instead of counting on legendary banners and once-a-year-reruns.

We are getting separate banners for seasonal reruns.  We got last year's spring banner rerun, now we have last year's bridal banner running, and I'm sure this practice will continue in future seasonals. 

I meant something akin to a legendary banner just for seasonal. So people don't have to wait an entire year to get a seasonal hero they just missed. I mean, I can't think of a way to make that practical, but it'd be nice if it could be implemented.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

@Cute Chao Congratulations on your Ryoma!

That amount of orbs you spent seems ridiculous much, but consider how many orbs someone else must spend to get that perfect nature you just got with the first Ryoma. 

Thanks :) I wouldn't have minded it so much if it hadn't taken me the same amount to get Ephraim, too, but gotta look on the bright side. I am enjoying having him - his sprite, art and voice work is fantastic, while I quite like his quotes :)

Now all I need is a ranged male flier and I'll be able to run a full male flier emblem much easier :D

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Yeah, I agree with this, because certain seasonals are actually harder to get than others too. Take my beloved Summer Freddy! As of right now, he's doomed to always share his color because of legendary banners and Summer Gaius. Ugh. So even for people that spend money, it'd be harder to +10 him. Or Summer Gaius, for that matter.

9 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I'd just have legendary banners run all month, like seasonals do.

That'd be nice yes.

I got a Christmas Robin that's better than my old one! Finally something else I like besides my Ryoma.

And speaking of which...

RveBGWB.png

So much for 22 Def, I guess? XD 30 is not bad at all for Kestrel Stance use! All I did was stick a seal on him after getting him to lv. 40, as he mostly has his base kit aside from Moonbow and Reposition. He's not +Def. No, he's +Atk! And 55 Atk unbuffed with no merges? Man that's beautiful. <3

Watch out if he has Hone Flier buffs, though, holy crap. lol Which reminds me, I should also add a Flier buff skill to his arsenal later since I want to use him with other fliers sometimes.

Edited by Anacybele

3 hours ago, VeryAngryBisharp said:

What kind of Tiki is this?

The manliest Tiki there is.

Speaking of Mystery Tiki... I have yet to get one. But I've gotten 5 copies of Sigurd and 3 copies of Ryoma. Statistical variance is a bitch.

Double post because it's been 9 hours since my last one.

I'm now done with this banner. Only one orb pack over my usual budget to clear my pity rate, which landed me the last Sigurd I needed to get him to +10.

369 pulls in all, summoning only red and green when possible. Pulled blue when no red or green were in the summon set plus two accidental pulls of blue. Career totals in parentheses.

Ryoma: 4 (4), including one [+Spd, -Res] and also one [+Spd, -Def]
Tiki: 2 (15)
Sigurd: 8 (11), including one [+Atk, -Res] that I was looking for

Gunnthra: 4 (9), including one [+Spd, -Def] that I was looking for
Chrom: 6 (9)
Azura: 3 (4)

Fjorm: 1 (15)
Robin (M): 1 (4)

Total 29 5-star pulls, which is a meager 7.9%. Bleh.

If I somehow do well on my Zelgius and bride pulls, I might come back to this banner before it ends to see if I can snipe 2 more copies of Gunnthra (since it won't be until the end of August that she returns), but for now I'll consider myself done with this banner.

At least with Sigurd at +10 and [+Atk, -Res], I never need to pull for Sigurd ever again. Damn, that feels good.

Well this banner is utter crap. Not a single 5* yet. One stone off from a 12 percent pity(if I have counted right). Seriously I wasn't even being picky this time. Any of the reds would have been fine, but I just can't get red stones. Blue is fine(though I don't really need Fjorm). Even green wouldn't be terrible. So what do I get? Oodles and oodles of colorless stones. The only color I am really trying to avoid blowing a bunch of orbs on.

I think I will be a bit miffed if I don't get even a single 5* off the banner. True 160-200 orbs isn't exactly a crapton of orbs, but I would usually hope for at least 1 5* from a legendary banner with that number. *mutter mutter*