Legendary Hero: Ryoma, Supreme Samurai

Poimagic

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. I don't have as much need for another water hero as a fire one, but I can't turn down another red flier.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

WAIT ONE DAMNED SECOND. IS THAT TIKI WITH MIST BREATH?

Guess she's on the next set of New Power.

4 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Surprising and stupid. What the heck is this garbage? We better get a Xander at some point then.

We already have three versions of Xander. He has a lot less need of this than Ryoma.

9 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Wo Dao effect as a B-skill (and it doesn't say anything about it being exclusive so it's free season for everyone, sans mages probably)..... Like, what? WHAT?! 

I won't pull for him as I find that skill inferior to Wrath but still... Damn.

There is no way Bushido is usable by anyone other than L!Ryoma.  It's going to be his PRF skill.  They stopped putting inheritance restrictions on skill descriptions a while back (Laws of Sacae doesn't have it, for example).

-----

I'm honestly more excited that Y!Tiki getting a PRF weapon than I am for L!Ryoma, though he's nifty at least.  Now the question is, will the version update come with the legendary banner, or will it be with the new heroes that come towards the end of next week?  I think the later is more likely, just because they haven't announced anything else about the version update yet, but we'll see.

2 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

That caught me off guard. People were complaining that Ryoma didn’t get an alt after all of the Fate siblings got one, and he gets a Legendary of all things. All that waiting paid off. He got the best deal out off all them!

And I’m suprised he’s Water of all things. Wonder why. Every other Legendary Hero’s element had an explanation.

I'm guessing he's water because water dragons are a whole big thing with the Fates royal families. I'd been pegging it as the most likely element for most Fates royals for that reason.

Dang it that Ryoma is great I will try some for him but I don't really need or want anyone else.  Sigh looks like Shiro will again have to wait for another day.  Well I will be grinding CCs tomorrow to have orbs ready to try for flying Ryoma.

Definitely pulling Red for this one, Ryoma would be great for Flier Emblem and Sigurd and Y!Tiki (with Mist Breath!) are great units in their own right. I wouldn't mind pulling any of the three even if Ryoma is my most preferred. 

5 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I believe so, I guess it going to be at one range, but have some powerful effect.

If they remain true to source, it'll have dragon effectiveness. Hopefully comes with some other useful effect to make up for the lack of refinement, though, because otherwise it'll be difficult to justify using it over Lightning Breath.

1 minute ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

There is no way Bushido is usable by anyone other than L!Ryoma.  It's going to be his PRF skill.  They stopped putting inheritance restrictions on skill descriptions a while back (Laws of Sacae doesn't have it, for example).

-----

I'm honestly more excited that Y!Tiki getting a PRF weapon than I am for L!Ryoma, though he's nifty at least.  Now the question is, will the version update come with the legendary banner, or will it be with the new heroes that come towards the end of next week?  I think the later is more likely, just because they haven't announced anything else about the version update yet, but we'll see.

Right, didn't notice that before. My bad. That means that if Ryoma has meh Atk/Spd then he'll be worthless in my eyes though. 

So ... what exactly does "kestrel" mean? These stances names are so fucked up in English; from swift sparrow to kestrel stance XD;

I kind of wish Ryoma was fire because I still lack a fire hero and this banner has Fjorm in blue, but I guess it's a good chance to pull a water hero that's not Fjorm. Also, it's great that they're putting guys on flying things now.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If they remain true to source, it'll have dragon effectiveness. Hopefully comes with some other useful effect to make up for the lack of refinement, though, because otherwise it'll be difficult to justify using it over Lightning Breath.

True, she needs something impressive to replace  Lightning Breath with. But with a personal weapon she is one of the most highest scoring units in the arena, I believe. 

3 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I guess now that Ryoma's a legendary hero, we know that you don't have to be a lord to be one. Kind of opens a whole new can of worms. XD This at least means that all of the Fates royals could potentially get a legendary alt... 

Looks like a fairly solid banner overall. Innes is actually kind of tempting. He's the guy that likes to break my pity randomly, so at the very least, I may pull some colorless orbs. We'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow.

I disagree, Ryoma and Xander are borderline lords in their respective games, they are both very significant. If we got legendary hinoka or camilla I would say that anyone could be a legendary. I'd say that significance is what makes a legendary, I think that we could get a legendary Sothe or a legendary Dheginsea at some point.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

So ... what exactly does "kestrel" mean? These stances names are so fucked up in English; from swift sparrow to kestrel stance XD;

I kind of wish Ryoma was fire because I still lack a fire hero and this banner has Fjorm in blue, but I guess it's a good chance to pull a water hero that's not Fjorm. Also, it's great that they're putting guys on flying things now.

The name kestrel (from French crécerelle, derivative from crécelle, i.e. ratchet) is given to several different members of the falcongenus, Falco. Kestrels are most easily distinguished by their typical hunting behaviour which is to hover at a height of around 10–20 metres (35–65 ft) over open country and swoop down on prey, usually small mammals, lizards or large insects. Other falcons are more adapted to active hunting in flight. In addition, kestrels are notable for usually having mostly brown in their plumage.

Spoiler

250px-Common_Kestrel_1.jpg

...Birds.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Probably some kind of bird. 

10 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I guess now that Ryoma's a legendary hero, we know that you don't have to be a lord to be one. Kind of opens a whole new can of worms. XD This at least means that all of the Fates royals could potentially get a legendary alt... 

I wouldn’t be so sure. Ryoma and Xander are often considered the “Lord” of Birthright and Conquest, when Corrin doesn’t appear. 

Love or hate the banner, that's fine.

19 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Surprising and stupid. What the heck is this garbage? We better get a Xander at some point then.

This is unacceptable.  If you don't like the banner to the point that you feel it's justified to call it "garbage", enjoy your orb savings.

Edited by eclipse

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Apparently it's a subset of falcon according God (Wikipedia). Why not call it Falcon Stance then? Are they saving that name for something else?

As for the legendary hero. Oh. No interest. Finally Ryoma has a use for his Heart option, nifty. But that's it. LHs just aren't my thing. Not with OCs, not with rehashes. Heroes of yore alone will get my interest, and IS has shown no interest in doing that.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Wait, what just happened??? I didn't think this would happen and it's so surprising. A flying distant counter sword hero, dang my Elincia and NY!Camilla have got some serious competition. I haven't pulled B!Ninian yet and new heroes are coming next month but there's Tiki, Innes and Hardin D: I've used up so many orbs trying to get Innes yet he is here again and I want some Hardin merges. ;-; orb management is hard when there's meta units and your favourites.

8 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Bushido was what his personal skill in Fates was named, so yeah that's definitely his exclusive skill.

Even with that new weapon, I have to say I'm not very happy to see Dragon Scion Tiki here. I already got her, so any additional copies would be just be merges since her SI value sucks. Oh and hi Celebratory Spirit Azura. I look forward to another hellish attempt to get you that'll likely end in failure again.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Just another random-ass bird because the localization team fucked up the dual Blow names so badly.

Kestrels are relatives of falcons, so at least they're more intimidating than sparrows.

20 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Garbage? Stupid? How? Ryoma lacked an alt until now.

16 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

That caught me off guard. People were complaining that Ryoma didn’t get an alt after all of the Fate siblings got one, and he gets a Legendary of all things. All that waiting paid off. He got the best deal out off all them!

And I’m suprised he’s Water of all things. Wonder why. Every other Legendary Hero’s element had an explanation.

Probably because the Rajinto's electricity, and lightning commonly comes alongside storms of rain. Wind could also fit, perhaps, but water's not too far off the mark compared to fire or earth.