Legendary Hero Battle (Storm): Ryoma

SatsumaFSoysoy

In about two hours, Ryoma, Supreme Samurai, will fight us in a duel to the death. You're only allowed to bring one unit, okay? Ignore the other enemies sitting outside the room.

Map

Normal & Hard

Spoiler

DFv5GYz.png

Lunatic

Spoiler

8jWWULO.png

Infernal

Spoiler

MxImgXT.png

Infernal Enemy Data

Ryoma

Spoiler

HP: 66
Atk: 53
Spd: 43
Def: 31
Res: 22

Weapon: Raijinto
Assist: 
Special: Glimmer (charged)

A: Kestrel Stance 2
B: Bushido
C: Guidance 3

Green Mage

Spoiler

HP: 54
Atk: 49
Spd: 37
Def: 22
Res: 33

Weapon: Rexcalibur+ [Atk]
Assist: 
Special: Draconic Aura

A: Spd/Res 2
B: Lancebreaker 3
C: Spur Def/Res 2

Soldier

Spoiler

Atk: 48
Spd: 34
Def: 37
Res: 24

Weapon: Slaying Spear+ [Def]
Assist: 
Special: Bonfire

A: Death Blow 3
B: Seal Spd 3
C: Atk Smoke 3

Archer

Spoiler

HP: 61
Atk: 47
Def: 32
Res: 17

Weapon: Guard Bow+ [Spd]
Assist: 
Special: Noontime

A: Fierce Stance 3
B: Vantage 3
C: Spd Smoke 3

Thief

Spoiler

HP: 52
Spd: 45
Def: 18
Res: 38

Weapon: Smoke Dagger+ [Atk]
Assist: 
Special: Reprisal

A: Fury 3
B: Windsweep 3
C: Savage Blow 3

Axe Armor

Spoiler

HP: 81
Atk: 60
Spd: 17
Def: 44
Res: 21

Weapon: Silver Axe+ [Atk]
Assist: Reciprocal Aid
Special: Blazing Wind

A: Sturdy Stance 2
B: Wary Fighter 3
C: Drive Def 2

Reinforcements

Turn 2

Thief

Spoiler

HP: 50
Atk: 36
Spd: 42
Def: 15
Res: 35

Weapon: Poison Dagger+
Assist: 
Special: Glimmer

A: Swift Sparrow 2
B: Desperation 3
C: Def Smoke 3

Archer

Spoiler

HP: 61
Def: 32
Res: 17

Weapon: Slaying Bow+ [Spd]
Assist: 
Special: Miracle

A: Bracing Blow 2
B: Guard 3
C: Breath of Life 3

Turn 3

Soldier

Spoiler

HP: 64
Def: 33
Res: 24

Weapon: Ridersbane+ [Special]
Assist: 
Special: Luna

A: Distant Def 3
B: Pass 3
C: Spd Smoke 3

Mercenary

Spoiler

Def: 33
Res: 28

Weapon: Safeguard+ [Res]
Assist: 
Special: Bonfire

A: Distant Def 3
B: Pass 3
C: Atk Smoke 3

Blue Mage

Spoiler

HP: 54
Spd: 37
Res: 31

Weapon: Thoron+ [Spd]
Assist: 
Special: Moonbow

A: Atk/Spd Bond 3
B: Bowbreaker 3
C: Drive Res 2

Troubadour

Spoiler

HP: 41
Atk: 42
Spd: 23
Res: 38

Weapon: Absorb+ [Dazzling]
Assist: Physic+
Special: Kindled-Fire Balm

A: Steady Stance 3
B: Live to Serve 3
C: Drive Res 2

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went with the usual ReinLyn + 2 dancers combo.

+10 +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt with standard Lancebreaker build.
+5 +Spd/-Def Brave Lyn with Firesweep build w/ Atk Tactic and Atk Smoke.
+1 +Spd/-HP Olivia with Ruby Sword, DC, and QR seal (for baiting and ORKOing the green mage on turn 1).
+3 +Atk/-Def PA Azura.

It's the hardest out of the legendary hero maps IMO, but that doesn't mean I can't complete it. My strat to complete it is almost perfected. Just need to do a bit of positioning and it should be done. And my phone battery just died.

Beat infernal using a double Reinhardt team, with Lyon and PA!Olivia as a dancer. Repositioning was key.

7 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

It's the hardest out of the legendary hero maps IMO, but that doesn't mean I can't complete it. My strat to complete it is almost perfected. Just need to do a bit of positioning and it should be done. And my phone battery just died.

i wouldn't necessarily call it the hardest, but it does have either some cheap placement or kinda weird map layout that leaves the player with little room to maneuver at times. once ya get that foothold though it kinda just crumples.

@mampfoid It’s really interesting to see what components of previous one-turns get re-used sometimes...and which parts remain constant (almost like it’s blatant unit favoritism...). I might actually think about building up a Frederick after seeing that Lance Fighter though.

Spoiler

Edited by LordFrigid

8 minutes ago, NobodiePichu said:

i wouldn't necessarily call it the hardest, but it does have either some cheap placement or kinda weird map layout that leaves the player with little room to maneuver at times. once ya get that foothold though it kinda just crumples.

I just use pain and savage blow. Otherwise getting rid of most units would be very difficult

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I just use pain and savage blow. Otherwise getting rid of most units would be very difficult

not a bad way to tackle it honestly, especially with ryoma and his goons all huddled in the one corridor pretty tightly.

1 minute ago, NobodiePichu said:

not a bad way to tackle it honestly, especially with ryoma and his goons all huddled in the one corridor pretty tightly.

Yeah. I just had Genny wreck the lance user twice with pain and repo'd her and my dancer. The tricky part is trying not to get flanked

I just did it. Could have done it sooner if my phone didn't take 20 minutes to turn on

32 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

@mampfoid It’s really interesting to see what components of previous one-turns get re-used sometimes...and which parts remain constant (almost like it’s blatant unit favoritism...). I might actually think about building up a Frederick after seeing that Lance Fighter though.

Reveal hidden contents

Cool one again, congratulations! Yeah, the Zephiel clear gave us the tools to deal with Wary Fighter Knights. 

I shouldn't have watched you clear before doing mine. Now I would give Olgreen Axebreaker to deal with the Knight and the Lance Fighter and have a DC Caeda clear the rest ... but that would have been just like yours, ouch. 

Oscar can't kill the Lance Fighter, Cherche could do it with Axebreaker, but she wouldn't take enough damage to proc WoM. Titania could do the job with Brave+ and DEF ploy, but she is still without GF. 

Took maybe a dozen attempts, that was ugly. In the end it was Xander+1, Reinhardt+2, Bowlyn and Olivia. Turn one Reinhardt blasts down the lancer and the left archer with dance support and then I went about strategising from there. The successful attempt was when I stopped trying to defend the left and instead went back across to the right on turn two with Reinhardt blasting down the other middle and the sword infantry on that turn.

I really should get around to giving Bowlyn Brave Bow+ one of these days, would have made my life a lot simpler. I won it by replacing the Speed seal with the Attack one on her which allowed for a OHKO on Ryoma, and giving Olivia Axebreaker to whittle down the axe general.

I had to give my PA!Azura Escape Route to clear this one, and in retrospective I don't think I had to go so far...

With a team of Brave Frederick, Lancebreaker Reinhardt, DespAssault Brave Bride Cordelia, and PA!Azura, Rein first attacked the Lancer and was danced, with Azura being Repo-ed out of enemy range, and Rein broke the block below the archer closest to the starting spots. Bridelia then moved next to the remains of the block.

Next turn, Frederick brave kills the approaching Green Mage, is danced, and moves to a spot where he can reach the right Thief after they break their block. Reinhardt kills the Archer in the hallway, and Bridelia repositions him out of range of the poison dagger ninja.

Next turn, Frederick kills the Thief, Rein kills the spawned Lancer, Bridelia kills the other thief, and Azura dances Reinhardt to have him Repo Bridelia. This leaves Azura in the range of Ryoma letting the Axe Armor be guidanced to her to bring her down to 1 hp after Fury damage, which is why Azura needed Escape Route.

Rein and Bridelia pick off Ryoma, the remaining Archer, and Blue mage, with Azura dancing one or the other in the process, and more importantly getting away from all potential combat, while Frederick took out the approaching Troubadour. He had to take hits from the Safeguard Sword Fighter below, but hung on with one HP,

Final turn, Rein and Bridelia double team the Armor, and Rein is danced into the Sword Fighter. Winner, thank god these things don't cost Stamina because my god that took FOREVER to figure out.

I'll try again with my Flier Team at some point, but for now I thought it best to allow Takumi a pot-shot at his brother while backed up with pink haired dancers. Worked well as usual.

Edited by Nanima

This battle wasn't too bad.

Used flier team (Cordelia, NYAzura, NYCamilla, Grima).
Grima could eat most of the enemies.
However turn three was tricky because I had to kill tons of enemies and had to leave two enemies alone (blue mage and troubadour). Cordelia could oneshot Ryoma with double brave attack, but the blue mage could double her somehow for a reason I did not get. Neither the difference in speed was >4, nor he had lancebreaker. Due to repositioning I could make it somehow.

Edited by Tear

Took me some time to solve this in one turn, I had to grind Ally Support first: 

@mcsilas @Poimagic @tobuShogi @Infinite Dreams @DLNarshen @NegativeExponents- @Alkaid @Rafiel's Aria @Alexmender 

Perhaps you recognize someone from your main team here, @Zeo  :-) 

In the end it was not necessary to build Caeda yet (@LordFrigid), because Oscar was able to deal with the lance guy after all. Olwen just needed to take out the Knight before (who had Drive DEF equiped) dealing some savage blow damage in the process. 

None of my core team involved here, but I have a new addition: Inigo. He failed to kill the dagger missing exactly 1 HP, so I had to grind Ally Support with Oscar first. Olwen needed Hone Cav and Axebreaker to kill the Knight, but she needed also defensive buffs to survive the first blow of the Archer. Oscar needed help by Olwen to kill the lance fighter (savage blow and deletion of Drive Def) and he needed Spur ATK from Inigo to kill the green lancebreaker mage. 

@Ginko Very nice! Did your Shiro get additional merges with the current banner? Your guys (and Azura) had a lot of opponents to beat there, many narrow moments here. I thought you would let Shiro tank the Knight, but I guess Siegbert took care of him faster. Congratulations! 

Edited by mampfoid

Legendary hero battle: Supreme Ryoma vs the 4 Legendary Teams

As usual:
Team Gunnthra: Saizo, B!Ike, Clair, Gunnthra
Team Fjorm: Boey, Caeda, Elise, Fjorm
Team Legendary Ike: Sanaki, Spring Camilla, Brave Lyn, L.Ike
Team Legendary Ephraim: Soren, Marth, Micaiah, Leg. Ephraim

Enjoy!

I wasn't going to tackle this tonight. Had a super long meeting that sucked the soul right out of me. Just wanted to sleep, but my boyfriend helping me get a free 5 star kind of motivated me. I swear, if he wasn't so gosh darn cute, I'd have to figure out how to turn him into a good luck totem. So I sat down for a few hours and fiddled with it. This battle was actually...pretty difficult for my team. It took a lot of skill/seal switching. And I think I used every trick in my book: healing, Miracle, Galeforce, Vantage...etc. And this is the first time Lucius uses another staff in his arsenal. Originally I was trying to get Lucius to just nuke everything, but I'd need a dancer for that. And more motivation. XD Towards the end of the fight, it got a little messy. I could probably try again and clean it up but...a win is a win. And orbs are orbs. Getting closer and closer to 300.

HOWEVER...because the internet hates me, Vimeo decided to flag my account. >.> Without giving me a reason. So after I spent 40 minutes waiting for my video to upload, it told me I couldn't share it. So I have to wait for them to reinstate it...if they decide to do that. 

@mampfoid - Super cool as always! These one turn clears are always amazing... Makes me super happy that I promoted my Oscar. Maybe I'll give him Galeforce one of these days, but for now, he rocks his Firesweep build. How long does it take you to usually figure these out? I swear it took me a few hours just to clear it normally. I can't imagine trying to clear it in one turn.

With this map my dragon team (Tiki, Myrrh, M!kana, Ninian) has proven their worth, A!Tiki could have stood in the middle and just tanked if it weren't for the blue mage that spawned, so it became a lot tighter and I had to shuffle seals because she was one damage off counter killing Ryoma and the bow fighter that spawned with second turn.