Legendary Hero Battle (Storm): Ryoma

SatsumaFSoysoy

30 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Nice job! I’m glad you’ve embraced your inner EP play style ;) . 7 damage out of Ryoma was funny to see, as well.

Lol, thanks! Next stop: an all EP Abyssal one turn clear where one unit gets all kills.

33 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Ok fine, I guess it doesn’t qualify as OP though.

Yep, also Fierce Breath and Tikis sick stats helped. 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Landmaster Dragons strike again. I was expecting this to be a Myrrh curbstomp, but the rest of your team contributed quite a bit more than I expected. Particularly F!Grima. I've had her since her first banner and while she seemed powerful at first, she's pretty middling in my opinion so watching her here was surprising. You squeezed her out down to the last few points of HP.

God L!Myrrh is just ridiculous... I wasn't going to say that initially but after the Abyssal clear man. Seriously surviving 2x from a blue mage including a moonbow with 30 starting HP? What even is that man?... Your team slowly picked the map apart from the sides while Myrrh basically ate everyone in the center except Ryoma himself who Rein roasted (didn't even need Swordbreaker for that turns out.) Shoutouts to Lachesis again though. It's neat when every player kinda has their own healer of preference (that isn't Veronica of course). Great job taking Abyssal Ryoma down. Now do Abyssal Hrid.

Atk Smoke really saved Myrrh from the Blue Mage, I'm really glad I ended up swiping that from Hrid with DC, it helps her immensely. I've also liked that everyone's got their own favorite healer. Partly the reason I went with Lachesis (sucks she's slow as dirt, tho). Abyssal Hrid is going to be the death of me unless I pull a random +Res Myrrh in the next 24 hours.

Now these were some fun clears~ Priscilla and Amelia pretty much ran the show, on Morgan's. Priscilla just had to pick a spot and get comfy for Amelia to fly in to get the kills. Poor Ryoma didn’t even see it coming in the beginning. Priscilla also gets a Miracle save and the KO on the Bow Fighter. The ladies really shined here.

The reinforcements all get super clustered in the Matthew clear but it doesn’t phase them. Genny getting all that Pain chip damage makes it easer for Ayra and Matthew to take everyone down even with some really close calls. I’m always impressed how Matthew and team can take care of everyone from behind a wall but they do it again.

Ryoma was not really for Morgan and Matthew teaming up, Infinity Wars has some competition. I hope we can see more of these because they tear the map apart easily without needing their usual support teammates. Didn't know seeing Morgan getting danced by Inigo would be one of the most epic things I saw today~ Speaking of, he and Ninian also get a nice bit of action~ Easily my favorite of the three.

@Zeo

Wow, that was a lot again.

In the old Matthew one it looked like you were immediately on top of things, with nothing posing a danger. Then with the 4 reinforcement turn it looked like it may shift, but Matthew just charged into the biggest group of enemies alone and came out on top, which sealed your victory completely.

In the Morgan clear, it was nice to see Priscilla be the MVP of the first half of the map, she really got a lot done. Then the second half was all about Amelia teleporting around and wrecking things. Those two were so dominating that Morgan himself got barely anything to do this time.

Then you really walked into abyssal with 3 completely unmerged unit. The stats were showing, enemies weren't dying as fast and they got more and more. But with all these stats they must have been unable to believe what happeed next. Your units just weren't dying, you managed to keep everyone alive no matter how hard and often they attacked. And then slowly their ridiculous hp pool dropped, until they started falling one after another until nothing but your indestructible formation was left standing. Really impressive.

And the special clear was also really fun to watch. It looked like they didn't even stand a chance, when the big reinforcement came in there was barely anything left.

Thanks again for alle these nice and entertaining clears. Well done.

Nice to see different clears here which involve tanky ninja, getting rounded into the corner, and dragons being dragons. I've got a player-phase heavy clear which involves Eldigan(+2), B!Tharja(+4), Veronica and a WoM dancer. It is potentially replicable: B!Tharja can probably be replaced by an unmerged TA raven user with bowbreaker and quick risposte seal, and Eldigan can be replaced by unmerged Ares. Don't have enough resources to try though :p

@Zeo

Very nice work on the Abyssal clear. No matter how many times I see it happen, it’ll always be impressive to see Matthew straight-up dropped into the fray, especially that particularly nasty cluster of enemies.

~

Celica walks up and does the things. I wish there was a more clever line to put here, but that about sums up this map. I guess positioning Azura to get Ryoma to not move straight down so the Bow Fighter can’t Guidance out was strategically important, but that’s about it.

Spoiler

On 12/4/2018 at 8:36 PM, LordFrigid said:

@Zeo

Very nice work on the Abyssal clear. No matter how many times I see it happen, it’ll always be impressive to see Matthew straight-up dropped into the fray, especially that particularly nasty cluster of enemies.

~

Celica walks up and does the things. I wish there was a more clever line to put here, but that about sums up this map. I guess positioning Azura to get Ryoma to not move straight down so the Bow Fighter can’t Guidance out was strategically important, but that’s about it.

Hide contents

Forgot to comment on this Celica solo but it seemed like the map layout for this one made it a bit easier, not too clustered and the walls keep it from getting overwhelming~ Celica pretty much kills more than what can spawn on the next turn~

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Minerva ended up mostly sitting this one out, oddly. Maybe a deserved vacation?

Everyone needs a break, usually it's one of your blues. Wow, doubling Ryoma is no easy task, Hinoka is clearly the star this time. Congrats! 

9 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Did this too:

Minerva ended up mostly sitting this one out, oddly. Maybe a deserved vacation?

Minerva's always leading the charge, she deserves a nice break for once. Great for letting the others shine a bit more. Great work!

@Landmaster @mampfoid @Robert of Normandy(Oh wow doubling a 51 spd enemy) @Nanima

Normally I'm not able to beat Abyssal LHB's. Those stats on the enemy are just too much for my units. Ryoma's LHB is the first one i've managed to clear and with a relatively unmerged team too. I did have to dust of Reinhard again, but thats alright.

It was a good thing that MRobin was born for this map. Those colourless enemies are nasty.  LRoy was great as usual and VLilina got to put her blade tome to good use.

36 minutes ago, Sasori said:

@Landmaster @mampfoid @Robert of Normandy(Oh wow doubling a 51 spd enemy) @Nanima

Normally I'm not able to beat Abyssal LHB's. Those stats on the enemy are just too much for my units. Ryoma's LHB is the first one i've managed to clear and with a relatively unmerged team too. I did have to dust of Reinhard again, but thats alright.

It was a good thing that MRobin was born for this map. Those colourless enemies are nasty.  LRoy was great as usual and VLilina got to put her blade tome to good use.

Great work! I think Ryoma's was the first Abyssal map I beat, too, if I remember correctly (without a guide, at least). Congrats on beating it, nice team, too. Robin was awesome here~ Liliana with that Bladetome is some massive damage. The team worked well together, can't wait to see future Abyssals from you!

11 hours ago, Sasori said:

Seing Robin in a clear almost feels oldschool. Like you wrote he brings the perfect skills to this map. 

Oh, and Reinhardt killing Ryoma with his vanilla AoE! Give that man DB3 already, he earned enough SP ;-) 

Very nice +ATK Roy, perhaps the legendary version will fall into my lap one day too. 

Congrats to your first Abyssal clear! Bet you'll solve also other Abyssal maps. 

23 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Great work! I think Ryoma's was the first Abyssal map I beat, too, if I remember correctly (without a guide, at least). Congrats on beating it, nice team, too. Robin was awesome here~ Liliana with that Bladetome is some massive damage. The team worked well together, can't wait to see future Abyssals from you!

Thanks. Glad to have a fan :). 

I think its because the map is relatively simple. No crazy things to watch out for like Lucina moving again or mass debuffs.

12 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Seing Robin in a clear almost feels oldschool. Like you wrote he brings the perfect skills to this map. 

Oh, and Reinhardt killing Ryoma with his vanilla AoE! Give that man DB3 already, he earned enough SP ;-) 

Very nice +ATK Roy, perhaps the legendary version will fall into my lap one day too. 

Congrats to your first Abyssal clear! Bet you'll solve also other Abyssal maps. 

A very retro pick, but he helped Roy and Lilina along with the colourless tanking so he was a natural pick.

Yeah killing Ryoma without a AOE was a massive pain. Valentine Roy and Gordin could't do it because Ryoma cheats against arrows. But Klieins are rare)

I'll probably try a few. I can see some being impossible, but I did get a taste of victory now. 

@Robert of Normandy Considering everything Minerva has done so far, she more than deserves this break. I also found it pretty funny that Ryouma couldn't even get a single sentence out. Just immediately slammed in the face by your girls. Good Job!

On 31.3.2019 at 8:09 PM, Sasori said:

Congrats on your first Abyssal clear! Ryouma's LHB certainly allows for more flexibility which helps getting through it. I am sure this is just the beginning you and your team. This also teaches me not to underestimate M!Robin just because he gave me a hard time during an arena season a year ago. He can be pretty great for these situations.

As for my clear:

@Landmaster @mampfoid @mcsilas @Azuris @kirauza343 @daisy jane @ruruo

Muic: 1. A great spirit lies in wait 2. The sun rises - both from Okami (finally able to use Okami music. Have been waiting to use that soundtrack with the Hoshidans for ages)

This did not take me too long to figure out either. Just had to find out how to kill the archer on the first turn and then somehow manage to kill Ryouma. Which I did by piling up Spd on Naesala until he broke the sound barrier at 60 Spd (he needed Desperation too, so no Swordbreaker shenanigans). I was pretty proud to figure that one out (although I am sure it's been done before), plus even more impressed at how amazing of a unit Naesala is, especially considering he is free. There isn't too much to talk about with the rest of the fight. Reyson finally got a break from tanking, so his bones have time to heal. haha;;  

Anyway, I am going to start posting the Feburary LHB clears from here. 

@Nanima i LOVE that music! it was great! and way to go piling on the speed Barrier for Naesala. (truthfully - my hope is that this month we find out they are dropping some more swift sparrow into the 4* pool. While my swift sparrow needs are small right now, i'd like NOT to kill him, even though i am not the biggest fan of the beast units in general (outside of Leanne/Reyson because of you know :D Dancers. :) how can i not!) 

@Robert of Normandy - that was a fantastic clear too, and yes, a great rest for the princess of Macedon!  Hinoka shows that she is much stronger than her brother :) 

On 3/31/2019 at 1:09 PM, Sasori said:

Congratulations, welcome to the Abyssal club!

4 hours ago, Nanima said:

As for my clear:

Somehow I know this music even though I've never played Okami. :thonk:

4 hours ago, Nanima said:

Just had to find out how to kill the archer on the first turn and then somehow manage to kill Ryouma. Which I did by piling up Spd on Naesala until he broke the sound barrier at 60 Spd

very nyoom

Congrats on the clear!

7 hours ago, Nanima said:

@Robert of Normandy Considering everything Minerva has done so far, she more than deserves this break. I also found it pretty funny that Ryouma couldn't even get a single sentence out. Just immediately slammed in the face by your girls. Good Job!

Congrats on your first Abyssal clear! Ryouma's LHB certainly allows for more flexibility which helps getting through it. I am sure this is just the beginning you and your team. This also teaches me not to underestimate M!Robin just because he gave me a hard time during an arena season a year ago. He can be pretty great for these situations.

As for my clear:

@Landmaster @mampfoid @mcsilas @Azuris @kirauza343 @daisy jane @ruruo

Muic: 1. A great spirit lies in wait 2. The sun rises - both from Okami (finally able to use Okami music. Have been waiting to use that soundtrack with the Hoshidans for ages)

This did not take me too long to figure out either. Just had to find out how to kill the archer on the first turn and then somehow manage to kill Ryouma. Which I did by piling up Spd on Naesala until he broke the sound barrier at 60 Spd (he needed Desperation too, so no Swordbreaker shenanigans). I was pretty proud to figure that one out (although I am sure it's been done before), plus even more impressed at how amazing of a unit Naesala is, especially considering he is free. There isn't too much to talk about with the rest of the fight. Reyson finally got a break from tanking, so his bones have time to heal. haha;;  

Anyway, I am going to start posting the Feburary LHB clears from here. 

Whew 60 Spd on Naesala, that's amazing! He really is a great free unit~ It's a shame that he isn't seen that often but I can understand difficulty in using Beasts without a team surrounding them. Tibarn once again devastated this map, he's such a savage. I really liked when he took on that Lance Fighter and got low on health, then Galeforced back in like "I wasn't done with you yet!", doesn't even care about any WTD~ Good for Reyson to get a bit of a break, he's been working hard lately, haha~

12 hours ago, daisy jane said:

i LOVE that music! it was great! and way to go piling on the speed Barrier for Naesala. (truthfully - my hope is that this month we find out they are dropping some more swift sparrow into the 4* pool. While my swift sparrow needs are small right now, i'd like NOT to kill him, even though i am not the biggest fan of the beast units in general (outside of Leanne/Reyson because of you know :D Dancers. :) how can i not!) 

Thanks! I love it so much and it fits so well with Hoshido. Same here, since Naesala is a +10 project, there is no way I can fodder him, so i hope we'll get another method. Sorry to hear you aren't too big on beast units. They usually require a dedicated team, so I get why some people would feel they are too inflexible. Dancers are universally good though. haha

11 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Somehow I know this music even though I've never played Okami. :thonk:

It sounds very similar to what usually plays in Birthright, so that might be why.

11 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

very nyoom

Congrats on the clear!

He's the new Sonic!

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Whew 60 Spd on Naesala, that's amazing! He really is a great free unit~ It's a shame that he isn't seen that often but I can understand difficulty in using Beasts without a team surrounding them. Tibarn once again devastated this map, he's such a savage. I really liked when he took on that Lance Fighter and got low on health, then Galeforced back in like "I wasn't done with you yet!", doesn't even care about any WTD~ Good for Reyson to get a bit of a break, he's been working hard lately, haha~

Yeah, that's the sad thing, him being underappreciated by some. But I've seen lots of people use the birds as team, so for those who have a full set, their power appears to be clear. haha Tibarn truly is a bird-shaped battering ram. Outside of Abyssals he deals with blues on a regular basis. He also probably didn't want his husband to keep getting hit by those guys, so I let him get the kill when I saw he was able to.~  

@Nanima

Wow, looks like you are on a roll now.

Another great clear. Tibarn darting around taking out an enemy in the middle, then to the left getting refreshed and then another one in the middle is fantastic. Finding a way to take out the archer immediately was also great. Just watching it, it looked like Ryoma just got taken down like a basic enemy, but after reading it, it took a lot more effort, so good job coming up with a solution!

• 1 year later...

I was taking a break from the game for a while, so I missed most of the older LHBs like this one. I managed to bust out the old guard to deal with an older map, though I used some modern seals like the Death Blow 3 one on Palla.

I speed stacked so much on Grima that she hit about 60 speed, including the boost from her support with Camilla. Her Chill Spd allowed her to double the Phantom Spd Ninja o_O 

https://streamable.com/rlf0nj

@XRay @mampfoid @Landmaster 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2020 at 8:11 AM, GuiltyLove said:

I was taking a break from the game for a while, so I missed most of the older LHBs like this one. I managed to bust out the old guard to deal with an older map, though I used some modern seals like the Death Blow 3 one on Palla.

I speed stacked so much on Grima that she hit about 60 speed, including the boost from her support with Camilla. Her Chill Spd allowed her to double the Phantom Spd Ninja o_O 

https://streamable.com/rlf0nj

That was really impressive, your Grima is awesome! Doubling a Thief is always impressive~ Palla was also great with how much she was able to tank~

• 2 weeks later...