Legendary Hero Battle (Storm): Ryoma

SatsumaFSoysoy

Sorry I’m so late. I’ve been using most of my free time to binge watch SU but I’m all up to date now so that shouldn’t be a thing anymore.

@mampfoid Zeo kinda took the words right outta my mouth. It’s amazing too see you able to complete this in one turn despite all odds seemingly stacked against you.

@Rafiel's Aria Yeah! Lucius rocks that gravity! It really looks like he trivialized the beginning of the video with it. I thought you left Micaiah to die when she was left in range of the Lance unit but she survived! Couldn’t you have healed Micaiah and baited the Blue Mage near the end with her?

@Zeo Matt doesn’t seem to know that Poison Dagger is supposed to be effective against him. Hard to believe that the Axe Armor ever gave you trouble. You took him out so early I forgot he even existed. Poison Strike being the key reminds me of the Lyon GHB. That and impulsive Death Blow on Matthew got me through it.

@mcsilas

This took me forever to figure out but it honestly wasn’t terrible. All it took though was one minor skill change... ok, and one major overdue upgrade in the form of Brave Bow+

For the most part, Boey takes on the brunt of it and the rest pick off survivors.

The biggest issue was unsurprisingly the Axe Armor. It was able to get its special charged up and there was no way of getting everyone out its reach which meant I had to tank it or take it out in one round. Fir got really close to one-shotting him but outside of not being able to do it, it left her vulnerable to another threat (blue mage), and Boey was almost able to survive it but I just couldn’t keep on stacking defense on him. It all came down to L’Arachel’s Growing Light which I forgot was even a thing.

Music used this time around was “Journey of the Prairie King - Final Boss,” “Susanooh II,” and “Stand Unrivaled”

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Nice. So that was expensive, huh?

Not too expensive imo,  I had two Sothes in my inventory, a bunch of Laslows, and sacked the 5* Tobin (was never going to use him anyways).  Though looking back at it, I probably didn't need the additional refinement for Armorsmasher.   

1 hour ago, Fei Mao said:

Not too expensive imo,  I had two Sothes in my inventory, a bunch of Laslows, and sacked the 5* Tobin (was never going to use him anyways).  Though looking back at it, I probably didn't need the additional refinement for Armorsmasher.   

Poor Tobin...

Bonus clears, because I had some time to burn.

I couldn’t resist the opportunity to put a Nohr theme team together. I had to pull the trigger on the Camilla’s Axe refinement for this one to work, which I might come to regret when the update hits. Oh well, it was going to happen eventually.

Spoiler

The “only Caeda deals damage” clear was a lot trickier on this one, but she managed.

Spoiler

4 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

mampfoid Zeo kinda took the words right outta my mouth. It’s amazing too see you able to complete this in one turn despite all odds seemingly stacked against you.

Hey thank you! It was fun to ponder out, very cool you guys also like to watch this stuff. 

4 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

This took me forever to figure out but it honestly wasn’t terrible. All it took though was one minor skill change... ok, and one major overdue upgrade in the form of Brave Bow+

For the most part, Boey takes on the brunt of it and the rest pick off survivors.

Boey really does some serious tanking and killing here. Reminds me of the fact that I've never used a tanky owl tome user, only Mae and BB!Tharja with her owl-like tome. 

Interesting to see Fir stopping the whole horde by blocking the armor guy for 2 turns. Ryoma must have felt like in a traffic jam only to end up on the tip of Roys arrow. 

Cool to see your guys solving also this map, from what I understood the tight map design and the fluent and strong reinforcements made it pretty hard (I don't need to bother with reinforcements though). 

Also the music is cool, congratulations! 

@mampfoid Impressive one turn clear!

@Zeo Always nice to see this team shine.

@LordFrigid That Caeda clear was certainly a trick and a half. I mean a brave sword? I don't see her wield that often!

I am kinda surprised folks have been having issues here. Of course I shouldn't be. I know, or at least should know, that these challenges can hit different barracks/teams in much different ways. But I had cleared it early on just after waking up and sitting on the toliet without any thought whatsoever. Another attempt just now that I know went different had no problem either. Ryoma must just be weak to Ephraim* :D.

*He's just taking all the credit. Myrrh was the one who did most of the work.

@Usana Best strategies are pondered out in silent places. ^^

Glad you liked my clear, if you like I could tag you next time. 

@LordFrigid somehow I was so slow writing that last response, I saw your newest videos too late. 

Very fitting Nohr theme. Why would you regret Camillas refinement? She looks cool and worked very well with her siblings (CC Leo, cool). Are you going to +10 her? 

Caeda had to go some new paths I see. Brave/Desperation/Brash/Iceberg worked very good, the biggest problem was to not get out of space I guess. 

Btw: I'm not getting any new Caeda copies recently, very annoying. 

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@LordFrigid somehow I was so slow writing that last response, I saw your newest videos too late. 

Very fitting Nohr theme. Why would you regret Camillas refinement? She looks cool and worked very well with her siblings (CC Leo, cool). Are you going to +10 her? 

Caeda had to go some new paths I see. Brave/Desperation/Brash/Iceberg worked very good, the biggest problem was to not get out of space I guess. 

Btw: I'm not getting any new Caeda copies recently, very annoying. 

I’m down to 10 Divine Dew (I guess 20 if you count the Infernal Rival Domains reward I haven’t picked up yet) and ~50 Refining Stones. I might regret not having it for one of the 4 upcoming personal weapon refinements.

Camilla will definitely be a merge project at some point. I haven’t decided if she’ll be my next one. I think I’ve narrowed it down to her, Sophia, Corrin (Fateful Princess), or Maria out of a pool of ~20 units that I’m interested in making into merge projects.

Caeda has had the Brave Sword for quite some time, and that’s actually what I had her running in the Arena before the Wing Sword happened, because Goad stacking is super fair and balanced. It’s my go-to for these clears if the Wing Sword isn’t getting the job done. This is the first one where I needed it paired with Brash Assault though, because Wary Fighter is evil, and Ryoma is one speedy dude.

Sorry to hear about the Caeda drought...I’d send a few from my barracks if I could. I have trouble sending them home =P .

@mampfoid Go ahead and feel free to tag me! Normally I don't have an issue of catching them, but I have been getting less and less active so a tag would make it a lot easier to see. Honestly my current activity level is probably better. I spent too much time lurking previously.

Hoshido family vs Ryoma aka Ryoma faces himself

In which OG Ryoma proves himself as the superior lobster bc unlike Leg Ryoma, he came home. Like, 8 times. That makes him 8 times better, clearly.

Sakura using Fear and Guard is actually important this clear; Poison dagger ninja reduces Ryoma's defense to a point where Axe Armor can finish him off, and without Guard hitting the armor with Fear would trigger his AoE when he attacks Ryoma.

Edited by Thor Odinson

On 6/2/2018 at 1:14 AM, mampfoid said:

Boey really does some serious tanking and killing here. Reminds me of the fact that I've never used a tanky owl tome user, only Mae and BB!Tharja with her owl-like tome. 

Interesting to see Fir stopping the whole horde by blocking the armor guy for 2 turns. Ryoma must have felt like in a traffic jam only to end up on the tip of Roys arrow. 

Cool to see your guys solving also this map, from what I understood the tight map design and the fluent and strong reinforcements made it pretty hard (I don't need to bother with reinforcements though). 

Also the music is cool, congratulations! 

Owl tomes are fun to mess with. Boey is the one who makes the magic happen. Dorcas and Hector have comparable results and don’t require units huddled around them but are too slow and have no sustain.

Ironic how my biggest issue was also the key to preventing units from advancing. The team would have been swarmed if it wasn’t for that Armor.

Yup, if unless you take out everything the first turn like you did then it’s pretty easy to find yourself cornered by reinforcements.

ピエリのおもちゃなの!

7c6yzdV.jpg

I did this run on the first day, but redid it to optimize the moves a bit.

As usual, Drag Back is amazing for fine-tuning positioning. Azura survives the right-hand thief and staff knight with 1 HP remaining.

Drive Atk 2 isn't actually necessary on Olivia, but means I need to Dance for Peri one more time on the last turn to take out the axe armor. Coincidentally, without Drive Atk 2, the axe armor has exactly enough Atk to avoid Peri's Heavy Blade, forcing her to use all four of her actions to kill him, but with Drive Atk 2, she does enough damage to him to kill him in three actions even without Heavy Blade.

+0 Olivia [+Spd, -Res] (Dance, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Atk 3, Drive Atk 2)
+10 Peri [+Atk, -Res] (Firesweep Lance+, Reposition, Dragon Fang, Life and Death 3, Drag Back, Threaten Def 3, Heavy Blade 3)
+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Dance, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Spd 3, Hone Atk 3)
+6 Performing Arts Azura [+Spd, -Def] (Sing, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Atk 3, Hone Spd 3)

The usual imgur gallery with annotations: https://imgur.com/a/Mj1NDCY.

30 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Found this  semi- f2p strat, but idk what is Lyn's special

It's Dragon Gaze. The text mentions +30% and I think Dragon Gaze and Draconic Aura are the only specials that add 30% of something for damage. The calculation checks out too as Lyn has 60 total attack with her Swift Sparrow 2, the Attack +1 seal, Olivia's Hone Attack 3, and Finn's Goad Cavalry and 30% of 60 is 18. Incidentally, she also did 60 damage with Dragon Gaze against the thief; 42 with buffs + 18 from Dragon Gaze. I guess it was a timing thing since Draconic Aura would have activated on the lance infantry in the beginning.

With one more day to the uptime of this LHB i've ended up coming up with a clear videio, now with very low quality gameplay and no sound. Its going to be worth a watch i promise!

An outlook to what running Horse Emblem and Marth Falchion Refine addiction does to your psyche

@SatsumaFSoysoy @mampfoid

30 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

i've ended up coming up with a clear videio, now with very low quality gameplay and no sound. Its going to be worth a watch i promise!

JSND pls

How did you record?

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner very particular clear (I also liked your commented galleries in the past), definitely worth to watch. Cecilia did a lot of work and Roy got some GF action, but the dynamic duo Marth and Hardin used Ryoma as a showcase of their strength, very impressive! 

Also a clever way to use Cecilia and the Staff Cav as a road block until Hardin was fully healed. 

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner very particular clear (I also liked your commented galleries in the past), definitely worth to watch. Cecilia did a lot of work and Roy got some GF action, but the dynamic duo Marth and Hardin used Ryoma as a showcase of their strength, very impressive! 

Also a clever way to use Cecilia and the Staff Cav as a road block until Hardin was fully healed. 

Yeah i actually ended up recording after i noted that particular quirk with Ryos movement - he somehow would went into Cecilia direction even when hes closer to low HP Roy and Marth. 

Yeah some of the Cecilia placement are amusing to come up with. Galeforce - Repos - Right Dagger into 2 bow kill was particularly neat. Sadly the map tappers off since it revolves around Hardin bulking out neutral match ups

16 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Yeah i actually ended up recording after i noted that particular quirk with Ryos movement - he somehow would went into Cecilia direction even when hes closer to low HP Roy and Marth. 

If I'm not mistaken, each AI-controlled unit determines its target on its first AI-controlled move and does not change targets unless its target dies.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If I'm not mistaken, each AI-controlled unit determines its target on its first AI-controlled move and does not change targets unless its target dies.

Something something dont get hit hit it until it dies

That makes sense. I assume one of the biggest override for that is having an enemy on their attack range?

3 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

JSND pls

How did you record?

YT gaming app, i turned off the mic portion of the recording which is probably what caused this

12 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

That makes sense. I assume one of the biggest override for that is having an enemy on their attack range?

Yeah. That logic only governs where they move when they don't have a target to attack or an ally that needs an Assist.

• 5 months later...

Guess I'll kick off the thread revival this time.

@mampfoid No chances to flex on enemies this time. But you get to see F!Grima be a boss.

Not much to say about this one, really. The only real problem was the Bow Fighter that kept picking off B!Ninian, so I had to slot in Drive Atk so F!Grima could oneround him. After he was gone, it was just a matter of keeping Ryoma debuffed on approach so F!Grima could just beast through everything.