June Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

I would say Brave Camilla next CYL is uncertain thanks to FE 2018 maybe dropping a new big waifu to bump her down again (like SoV recency got Celica a top spot), but at this rate; >FE 2018 ever getting released, lmao.

Can you imagine the nuclear shitstorm if she actually got both summer alt and a legendary alt this summer?

We shall see.  The OC of Heroes has been super weak so far, so I'm not worried about them taking the top spot.  And yeah, there's also the possibility that FE16 won't get released until 2019.  They might just go the Pokemon route and remake FE7.

I would absolutely love it if she gets two alts this summer.  I never tire hearing the salt over Camilla (and also would like getting more powercreeped versions of her).  It's so amusing.  Why get so upset over a VG character.  Like there's hundreds of animes that have sexy characters, and none get anywhere near this type of reaction.  Although I'm not looking forward to the 'muh Support Conversations' lectures.

Edited by Charmeleonbrah

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

I never tire hearing the salt over Camilla (and also would like getting more powercreeped versions of her).  It's so amusing.  Why get so upset over a VG character.  Like there's hundreds of animes that have sexy characters, and none get anywhere near this type of reaction.  Although I'm not looking forward to the 'muh Support Conversations' lectures.

Probably cuz most anime is derivative garbage, but there ain't many games that offer the gameplay FE does. Critics of Camilla, etc are concerned that the series isn't reaching it's potential and instead settling for the low bar that is otaku subculture.

But let's not derail the thread.

Maybe alternate timeline, Julius gets the blood to wield divine Naga while Julia gets possessed by Loptous.  How cool would Dark Julia and Divine Julius be!?  Julia even mentions in Genealogy that it could have easily been her.

I had an idea, and it could really work. My idea is Xander as the next legendary hero. It makes some sense. For some reason, Fire just seems to fit him as a hero. For Res, it wouldn’t makes sense admittedly, but Ryoma’s water status doesn’t make sense, and yet here we are. Plus, this combo would make him an opposite to Ryoma, his literal opposite is the context of Fates. As for Weapon, simple, make him use either Bolverk, or the S Rank Axe from that game.

My money's on Tiki. Julia is possible, but she's less prominent and would risk feeling redundant with her original, at least in green. I agree with @Ice Dragon that blue would make a lot of sense: we haven't gotten a blue weapon with a dragon-slaying effect yet, and given how Julius turned out, it'd be especially appropriate for it to be Julia. Seliph is another possible candidate for a legendary Naga user, but I think he'd also be blue, and probably not Fire-element.

I don't think we'll get a legendary Hector anytime soon, at least not one with an axe. Camilla and Xander are possible, and I do think we're likely to get one of them with Bolverk eventually, but I don't think it'll be this.

4 hours ago, Othin said:

My money's on Tiki. Julia is possible, but she's less prominent and would risk feeling redundant with her original, at least in green. I agree with @Ice Dragon that blue would make a lot of sense: we haven't gotten a blue weapon with a dragon-slaying effect yet, and given how Julius turned out, it'd be especially appropriate for it to be Julia. Seliph is another possible candidate for a legendary Naga user, but I think he'd also be blue, and probably not Fire-element.

I don't think we'll get a legendary Hector anytime soon, at least not one with an axe. Camilla and Xander are possible, and I do think we're likely to get one of them with Bolverk eventually, but I don't think it'll be this.

Just to play devil's advocate, Legendary Ike is hardly much different from his original, only difference being he's in his Vanguard class and has an upgraded Aether.

15 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Just to play devil's advocate, Legendary Ike is hardly much different from his original, only difference being he's in his Vanguard class and has an upgraded Aether.

That's true, but I think he's a special case, in part because he was the first alt legendary and also free. (He had to win A Hero Rises to become available free, but was set up to be the best-positioned character.) I don't think any other legendary heroes will repeat the unit types of their original versions.

Well they put Ryoma as a sword wielding kinshi rider, which is complete fantasy and not possible in his game.  So they can make Julia a dragon riding green tome user or whatever else they want.  

A Naga-possessed green breath Julia wouldn't be too bad, either, even if we've gotten a bajillion new green breaths recently.

Or Julia with Original Naga with 30 Mt, dragon effectiveness, +20 Spd, +20 Def, +20 Res, and -1 Special cooldown.

Only thing I would change in my prediction from the op is Calvary Chrom for NY Camilla. Kind of crazy we are already  this close to having Valentines skins in a legendary pull, I guess I could also see other units taking there places for now but no one really comes to mind. As for the next Legendary I saw Tiki mentioned and I can see that happening since she is popular and has not had an alt in awhile (plus I really want this to complete Tiki Emblem).

If we continue with the only one Legendary per color, the next Legendary Hero will be green. We already have Ephraim, Ike and Robin as L' Heroes. With NY!Azura and NY!Takumi in this last banner, NY!Camilla is almost guaranteed. For the other Red, maybe Cavalry Chrom or Leif. For Blue, maybe LA!Lyn and I want the return of Hinoka or Nephenee. For Green, we can have Male Grima and another Valentine unit (Lilina or Hector). For Colorless, I hope to see Elise again. Normal Takumi, Kinshinoka or LA!Roy are possible too..

Spoiler

For July's banner, we have Ryoma and Lyn confirmed. With Fjorm confirmed for August, the next legendary hero can be or Blue or Colorless. I want a new colorless legendary hero so much! Please, IS, give Female Grima  a rest!

23 minutes ago, Simpsons138 said:

Isn't it a coin toss between Blue and Colorless on July?

Yes. We have confirmed Ryoma and Lyn for July. Or we will have Ephraim for 2 banners, or we will have Robin for the 5th time 

9 hours ago, Simpsons138 said:

Isn't it a coin toss between Blue and Colorless on July?

Ephraim is confirmed for June, and Fjorm is confirmed for August. Thus, since they have no reason to suddenly repeat Ephraim twice in a row when they've been known to alternate once they have more than the same colour, July is going to be a new Blue hero.

6 hours ago, C. Turtle said:

Ephraim is confirmed for June, and Fjorm is confirmed for August. Thus, since they have no reason to suddenly repeat Ephraim twice in a row when they've been known to alternate once they have more than the same colour, July is going to be a new Blue hero.

Thanks!

Hmm. July will mark the next rotation of Elements too. That'll be interesting.

...and we're bound to get another Legendary eventually, right?

• 3 weeks later...

I believe the reveal of the new Legendary Hero will be today?  Not too sure.

It’s going to be a Green hero right? I think that will be an Axe unit and not a mage, as they wouldn’t make a Fire Legendary Hero not use Fire magic.

32 minutes ago, Etheus said:

As this is a new green hero, I'm expecting one of the following:

Hector

Camilla

Fjorm's brother

Edelgard (least likely)

I fire blessing Axe unit that gives RES+4 as a boost. I am not sure if that fits the melee criteria. Pegasus knights could fit that criteria though. They are usually considered to have high RES stat.

but considering we got now 3 infantry 2 flying and 2 horse units my bet is the next unit will be an Armorer. And everyone and their mother will shoot for it because high BST + blessing for an even higher AA score.

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

I fire blessing Axe unit that gives RES+4 as a boost. I am not sure if that fits the melee criteria. Pegasus knights could fit that criteria though. They are usually considered to have high RES stat.

but considering we got now 3 infantry 2 flying and 2 horse units my bet is the next unit will be an Armorer. And everyone and their mother will shoot for it because high BST + blessing for an even higher AA score.

If it must fill a Res +4 fire blessing axe unit, then Camilla is currently the most likely candidate to fill that spot on all counts. 

Actually I think Ephraim, Lyn and Ike would return and the new legendary should be colorless, that would make the perfect circle of legendaries. Also I wouldn't mind some LA units or Myrrh.

Camilla, Julia, Deirdre or a Dragon would kind of surprise me, which is a good thing. I know that I should also pull for some legendary heroes. But I have yet to find those I truly like as a unit.
I don't expect Camilla because we had a Fate hero last month. Maybe she has a chance later on. As much as I like Camilla I also understand that some would not be amused. And she still has a little chance to appear in the next Summer banner.

Iduun, Medeus or Ashnard would be a delightful thing. I wish for more antagonistic legendary heroes, at least one on each Season.
But it is more like I point out my wishes instead of expectation. I feel bummed with every legendary Hero banner and as long as they do not pull this or give us more originals it will remain like this...  

Edited by Stroud

Lots of people are thinking we'll be getting an axe hero, but sadly the list of viable candidates for that is depressingly small.

We have Hector who will be a nice unit to add, but he also will be getting his cyl soon so they might avoid him.

Camilla is certainly 'legendary', but I don't know if she is legendary hero material.

Walhart maybe? I find him very boring, but Awakening did hype his legendary status up by portraying him as some kind of ultimate badass. At least he has the reputation to be a legendary hero.