Predict how the FE16 protagonist is going to look

Von Ithipathachai

I'm expecting either another blue-haired pretty boy or a sexy female character with "valuable assets".

Either way, it's probably going to be another swordie.  Because we absolutely need more of those.

2 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I'm expecting either another blue-haired pretty boy or a sexy female character with "valuable assets".

Why not a blue haired female like in that "So this is basically Fire Emblem" video?

19 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

What are you talking about? Most of the female lords seem pretty tame about their "assets".

Give me a black-haired pretty boy.

Edited by Oz ♠

I'd like a sequel to an older entry with a handful of returning cast members from the original.

Just to sorta mix things up a little. At any rate, I'm kinda banking on Green or Red hair... unless the new Lord is an Avatar again...

29 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Either way, it's probably going to be another swordie.  Because we absolutely need more of those.

Also gonna be another footie, like swordies, we need those.

1 minute ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Also gonna be another footie, like swordies, we need those.

So what seems like a really cool idea is a Green Haired female Pegasus Lord that wields Axes!

I wrote that as a joke, but that actually sounds amazing.

37 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Why not a blue haired female like in that "So this is basically Fire Emblem" video?

Oof, didn't think of that.

20 minutes ago, Oz ♠ said:

What are you talking about? Most of the female lords seem pretty tame about their "assets".

I had written this under the impression that since Tharja and Camilla were so popular, it would make too much sense for them to make a similarly well-endowed character the main protagonist and call it a day.  But looking back at the Choose Your Legends: Round 2 results, I may only be partly right.

6 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

So what seems like a really cool idea is a Green Haired female Pegasus Lord that wields Axes!

I wrote that as a joke, but that actually sounds amazing.

So basically Karin from Thracia 776 as a Lord?

250?cb=20160507044228

(I know she can't use Axes in-game and that's supposed to be a lance she's holding, but come on.  Look at it!)

considering the warriors dude lord looked kinda like naruto... im gonna say if its another dude lord hes either gonna look like luffy but blue or ichigo but red in the hair department. Also yes definitely another sword lord if they go this route, the bad end.

good end, is that they totally surprise everyone.

As much as I would like to see an Axe wielding green haired female protagonist, I get the impression IS will make it an avatar. Long as it's not an another Corrin, It should be fine. 

Green is a little overdone as a Pegasus hair color, even though I do like Palla, Syrene, and Elincia. Give me........................................................................... how about orange? Have we had orange outside of that one TRS sister?

But I expect the worst, perfect pretty boy (but you don't have to pretty to be perfect, right Ephraim?) or perfect pretty avatar.

Although if get an avatar, can they please be an actual avatara in the original Hindu sense? Screw blue hair, give me blue skin. And what is a better way to justify perfection in plot than being an actual god just playing with human form? -for the sake of the deuterotagonist's character development, and crushing evil too. Fire Emblem: Vishnu Saves the World!

Although I'd like them to take a page from Shiva (well Ardhanarisivara) and make them the avatar a hermaphrodite, so when I gay ship them with whoever I want I can still have kids. And technically the shipping wouldn't be biologically gay either (just pretend it's heterosexual sex they only engage in) so Japan could wholly endorse it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Green is a little overdone as a Pegasus hair color, even though I do like Palla, Syrene, and Elincia.

Y'know, I actually forgot entirely about every one of them. The only one that jumped to mind was Vanessa. Rather amusing since I still have playthroughs of Shadow Dragon and Radiant Dawn that I need to finish.

Funny enough though, I thought of Red as well and instantly denied it because of Cordelia alone.

What about blonde? Like with Klein's hair. That'd stand out as looking almost golden I'm sure.

1 minute ago, Corrobin said:

Blonde Lord plz

See? Even opportunity strikes when I jump between tabs before hitting send.

9 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

Y'know, I actually forgot entirely about every one of them. The only one that jumped to mind was Vanessa. Rather amusing since I still have playthroughs of Shadow Dragon and Radiant Dawn that I need to finish.

And it's either a strict law or genetically intrinsic that in Jugdral you must have green hair to ride a pegasus. Every, single, portraited, Pegasus Knight, is green-haired. No wonder why they left out green in FE6 and opted for only blues and purple. And then comes FE7 which reintroduces green in a more unique and less bold and bright sea-green shade for Fiora. FE8 has two of three Pegs as greenies, though the generic Pegasus Knight shown in a few scenes is brown. Tellius has Elincia. But at times being a main character with a unique class (and joining so late in PoR), you can forget she is basically a Jugdralian Peg sans Lance use. And Elincia is the only green of four Pegs- the others are pink, blue, and the brand-new for a PC brown color. And then Awakening and Fates do away with green again for some reason (barring kid breeding). Will FE16 bring it back in vogue?

As for blonde, we've had Clair, but she is the only one surprisingly. Doing long blonde could be rather angelic in appearance, like Leanne (please don't let it be on a trap).

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I know I said it in another thread, but what I really want to see is an grizzled Lord. Like he's older, and overpowered at the start of the game. But his growths are bad but we balance it out with high starting weapon ranks, and a really good personal weapon later on (kind of like Roy, but intentional and not as late game). His kingdom is targetted because they think he's old and toothless, but they find out he's still got a bite.

Never happen though because it'd be too much of a change to demographic.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And it's either a strict law or genetically intrinsic that in Jugdral you must have green hair to ride a pegasus. Every, single, portraited, Pegasus Knight, is green-haired. No wonder why they left out green in FE6 and opted for only blues and purple. And then comes FE7 which reintroduces green in a more unique and less bold and bright sea-green shade for Fiora. FE8 has two of three Pegs as greenies (though the generic is brown), Tellius has Elincia, but at times being a main character with a unique class, you can forget she is basically a Jugdralian Peg sans Lance use, and Elincia is the only green of four Pegs- the others are pink, blue, and the brand-new brown color. And then Awakening and Fates do away with green again for some reason (barring kid breeding). Will FE16 bring it back in vogue?

That reminds me that I'm supposed to do several things. Play the Jugdralian games at some point and go to bed now.

44 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Oof, didn't think of that.

I had written this under the impression that since Tharja and Camilla were so popular, it would make too much sense for them to make a similarly well-endowed character the main protagonist and call it a day.  But looking back at the Choose Your Legends: Round 2 results, I may only be partly right.

So basically Karin from Thracia 776 as a Lord?

250?cb=20160507044228

(I know she can't use Axes in-game and that's supposed to be a lance she's holding, but come on.  Look at it!)

Was meant to reply to this earlier too.

I have to admit I quite like her design and I seem to have subconsciously called on it without having known about her apparently! O_o

9 minutes ago, Mad-manakete said:

I know I said it in another thread, but what I really want to see is an grizzled Lord. Like he's older, and overpowered at the start of the game. But his growths are bad but we balance it out with high starting weapon ranks, and a really good personal weapon later on (kind of like Roy, but intentional and not as late game). His kingdom is targetted because they think he's old and toothless, but they find out he's still got a bite.

Never happen though because it'd be too much of a change to demographic.

So something like a Jagen as a main character? I'll say, that'd be pretty badass! Right now, I'm imagining the story as something like the move Logan, where the main character is watching over a bunch of pansies in a dangerous world and it will be up to the player to decide  who the exp will go to or who to use in potentially dangerous events. 

1 minute ago, Martin said:

So something like a Jagen as a main character? I'll say, that'd be pretty badass! Right now, I'm imagining the story as something like the move Logan, where the main character is watching over a bunch of pansies in a dangerous world and it will be up to the player to decide  who the exp will go to or who to use in potentially dangerous events. 

That was kind of the idea. To merge the Jagen archetype with the Lord. The notion being that his kingdom hasn't seen war since decades past, so his soldiers are inexperienced. This is their first taste of real battle. So, just as it's the Jagen's job in the regular Fire Emblem games to keep the lord and weaker units alive until they're strong enough to survive without help, it's this grizzled lord's job to watch over his soldiers until they've learned the ropes. But then being a lord, he subverts the usual Jagen trope by coming good again later in the game via his weapon. The whole idea being to challenge the usual ideas of a Jagen being most useful in the early game and a lord being young and inexperienced by combining the archetypes into one character.

3 minutes ago, Mad-manakete said:

That was kind of the idea. To merge the Jagen archetype with the Lord. The notion being that his kingdom hasn't seen war since decades past, so his soldiers are inexperienced. This is their first taste of real battle. So, just as it's the Jagen's job in the regular Fire Emblem games to keep the lord and weaker units alive until they're strong enough to survive without help, it's this grizzled lord's job to watch over his soldiers until they've learned the ropes. But then being a lord, he subverts the usual Jagen trope by coming good again later in the game via his weapon. The whole idea being to challenge the usual ideas of a Jagen being most useful in the early game and a lord being young and inexperienced by combining the archetypes into one character.

What-if there was a Tellius prequel with Greil as the main character? That'd be awesome using your idea. Could even give him Urvan as his personal weapon if it goes leads to events after him cutting out his tendons.

What they look like is trivial. The important thing is they should be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. And whenever they're not on screen all the other characters should be asking, "where are they?".

What I expect: A young go-getter lord with green/red/blue hair and wields a sword in combat. Despite their young age and inexperience, they're very charismatic (that even enemies will join them!) and are natural born leaders. Most likely a Prince.

What I want: An older (think 20s) but cautious lance wielder. They know their limitations as a leader, and must work hard to overcome them. Has advisors to help them make decisions. Although they may be charismatic, they can be quite cunning as well. So basically, a more reserved leader that keeps their cards close to their chest, but has a presence that draws others in.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And it's either a strict law or genetically intrinsic that in Jugdral you must have green hair to ride a pegasus. Every, single, portraited, Pegasus Knight, is green-haired. No wonder why they left out green in FE6 and opted for only blues and purple. And then comes FE7 which reintroduces green in a more unique and less bold and bright sea-green shade for Fiora. FE8 has two of three Pegs as greenies, though the generic Pegasus Knight shown in a few scenes is brown. Tellius has Elincia. But at times being a main character with a unique class (and joining so late in PoR), you can forget she is basically a Jugdralian Peg sans Lance use. And Elincia is the only green of four Pegs- the others are pink, blue, and the brand-new for a PC brown color. And then Awakening and Fates do away with green again for some reason (barring kid breeding). Will FE16 bring it back in vogue?

As for blonde, we've had Clair, but she is the only one surprisingly. Doing long blonde could be rather angelic in appearance, like Leanne (please don't let it be on a trap).

Maybell, Meg, and Bleg are brunette Pegasus knights. Strangely enough, all 3 of them have Major Holsety blood, so their lack of magical prowess, green hair, and allegiance to the Empire has me skeptical. Like seriously, wtf are they doing with Major Holsety blood. There's no story justification and they're honestly forgettable. There's a reason why only Vampa, Fetra, and Eliu are the only ones so far with that same cloned sprite that have Cipher Cards- they were a lot more memorable.