Predict how the FE16 protagonist is going to look

Von Ithipathachai

1 hour ago, ProfImpossible said:

What they look like is trivial. The important thing is they should be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. And whenever they're not on screen all the other characters should be asking, "where are they?".

Attitude, attitude! Er... SUNGLASSES!

2 hours ago, grinus said:

@Martin @Light Strategist As an older FE player, I would love to see that happen but the heroes seem to get younger with each iteration. 

In about 20 years we'll see Fire Emblem but with babies using Swords. It'd be funny for about 10 minutes but the supports will definitely suck.

28 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Attitude, attitude! Er... SUNGLASSES!

They've gotta be a surfer. Gimme a nice shmear of surfer.

Edited by ProfImpossible

I actually think that we'll be getting a lance wielding lord this time around. The "too many swords" argument in Heroes and especially Warriors has probably reached IS's ears, and it'd be a nice change of pace anyway. 

That, and I really want to see this as a critical hit:

APlYVl.gif

(Made this myself, by the way. The gif, not the animation).

Coincidentally, I also want the protagonist to have purple hair, for some reason.

I could also see the protagonist wielding a bow or a crossbow, perhaps with a special weapon or a skill that let's them attack at one range so they aren't completely useless defenseless. And maybe instead of being a noble or part of a royal family, they're an experienced ranger that get's involved in a smaller conflict that quickly escalates into something larger.

24 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

Coincidentally, I also want the protagonist to have purple hair, for some reason.

This comment reminds me of how much I just love Camilla's hair colour in Fates. I don't know why. It's just so... nice!

For some reason I get the mental image of Aeron from Pandora's tower 

1b406db682a5630cac7af79b2930e926.jpg 
But the hair is very dark blue, with his armor/clothes being mostly black with the sword being like a half whip sword.

Edited by Jedi

16 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

That was kind of the idea. To merge the Jagen archetype with the Lord. The notion being that his kingdom hasn't seen war since decades past, so his soldiers are inexperienced. This is their first taste of real battle. So, just as it's the Jagen's job in the regular Fire Emblem games to keep the lord and weaker units alive until they're strong enough to survive without help, it's this grizzled lord's job to watch over his soldiers until they've learned the ropes. But then being a lord, he subverts the usual Jagen trope by coming good again later in the game via his weapon. The whole idea being to challenge the usual ideas of a Jagen being most useful in the early game and a lord being young and inexperienced by combining the archetypes into one character.

I think we have a winner for "Lord archetype I want"! Seeing the Jagen from the perspective of the Jagen could also be a fun way to mess with the story, starting with a cynical Jagen-Lord, and ending with a proud parental figure for the army.

On 6/1/2018 at 1:43 AM, Hawkwing said:

I could also see the protagonist wielding a bow or a crossbow, perhaps with a special weapon or a skill that let's them attack at one range so they aren't completely useless defenseless. And maybe instead of being a noble or part of a royal family, they're an experienced ranger that get's involved in a smaller conflict that quickly escalates into something larger.

I see. Someone like this man but with purple hair, sir? If that so, we will have the second bow Lord after him but with Point Blank Skill as the innate ability later. :):

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 2:44 PM, Flee Fleet! said:

Healer Lord, anyone?

Yes, it's going to be such fun getting crappy amounts of EXP per turn, having no enemy phase and having to stay behind the rest of the units due to their non-existent defence. [/sarcasm]

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Height: 5'11
Hair: Reinhardt-style Hair, Black, No Beard
Eyes: Red Pupils, or Golden Pupils
Expressions: Sly, Cunning and Serious
Clothes: Red, Black and Gold
Fitness: Athletic and Striker-type, not Brutish (Hector is Brutish), "Hella Strong" Strong

Yeah, this is just what I want to see really. A smart-mouthed experienced commander that looks like the handsome-devil type, and is extremely good at combat. Or a female of equivalent value is good enough for me.

4 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Yes, it's going to be such fun getting crappy amounts of EXP per turn, having no enemy phase and having to stay behind the rest of the units due to their non-existent defence. [/sarcasm]

Exactly.

12 hours ago, illegal knight said:

Like her? (As example :):)

Yeah, I guess so.

But that 0 Skill tho, oof.

55 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

But that 0 Skill tho, oof.

Because she cannot attack or counterattack :D: so perhaps the growth might be better to be focused to other stats. Beside, perhaps only her that might had S proficiency on staves (which didn't exist anymore since late FE titles).

BTW, it's only an example, so I believe you already have an idea about any better revision for her class that you may share here. :): May we know it?

18 minutes ago, illegal knight said:

Because she cannot attack or counterattack :D: so perhaps the growth might be better to be focused to other stats. Beside, perhaps only her that might had S proficiency on staves (which didn't exist anymore since late FE titles).

Oh, true. Though would she be able to use tomes once promoted? In that case she would need Skill.

19 minutes ago, illegal knight said:

BTW, it's only an example, so I believe you already have an idea about any better revision for her class that you may share here. :): May we know it?

I like the class you presented, my only problem is with the 0 Skill. But you do you.

45 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Oh, true. Though would she be able to use tomes once promoted? In that case she would need Skill.

I like the class you presented, my only problem is with the 0 Skill. But you do you.

I see. You wants her have (at least) descent skill stat. If that so, she might had any at least tome-wielding after promoted. Just take it easy. As I said before, it just example.

After promoted she will have max.proficiency Tome B and Staff A, since by the new rule of Fire Emblem, only single weapon-type classes that allowed to reach S proficiecy of the respective weapon type.

BTW, like most healers which slow levels at first. But when able to use Fortify.... well, you know the rest. :D:

Edited by illegal knight