E3 2018 Schedule/Discussion/Hype Thread

Very impressed, Microsoft had a very good show.

Could have hopefully seen gameplay for other games there but I did think it was well paced.

Edited by Tryhard

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

Very impressed, Microsoft had a very good show.

Could have hopefully seen gameplay for other games there but I did think it was well paced.

Huh.  What were the highlights?  I haven't gotten to watch it yet.

Microsoft promised their biggest E3 ever and wow is that an understatement. That was 100+ minutes of good trailers. If it were any other year it'd start with Halo, end with Gears and boom, we're average to above average for Microsoft conferences. But the world premieres were insane. Devil May Cry is real, shared spotlights on Kingdom Hearts and Fallout 76, Dying Light 2 sounds incredible and was presented by freaking Chris Avellone, Battletoads are returning in...some format. Three Gears of War games, even though one is going to be a dumb mobile game. I'm kind of concerned about Microsoft buying those indie studios but they could be bought by EA instead. And Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice looks excellent

3 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Scroll down for a full list

7 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Some of what they showed (it was 1hour45min so I may be forgetting some things):

Halo: Infinite
Crackdown 3
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (new Souls game from From Soft)
Fallout 76
Kingdom Hearts 3
Metro: Exodus
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
The Division 2
Tales of Vesperia
Forza Horizon 4
Devil May Cry 5
Gears of War 5
Dying Light 2
Battletoads
Cuphead DLC
Just Cause 4
Cyberpunk 2077

There was some other things like Nier Automata port, Black Desert Online, etc

Edited by Tryhard

Pretty good Microsoft showing. I'm no more convinced to buy an Xbox One than I was before, but they showed off a lot. Not all of it appealed to me, but very little of it bored me and that's a good thing. Personal highlights include Sekiro, DMC 5, and Tales of Vesperia.

Microsoft surprised me I felt it had a nice solid lineup to show off.

Sekrio was a huge cool looking game to me.

DMC5 was a great reveal, the KH3 trailer was nice, Jump Force had me interested, Battletoads revival is great.

Good to see them focusing on stuff like Halo and Gears again too.

Edited by Jedi

I think Microsoft fans will be very pleased. There was a good variety of games and a solid presentation that moved along at a nice pace, unlike the EA conference that just kept on dragging from one cringy moment to the next.

21 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Microsoft surprised me I felt it had a nice solid lineup to show off.

Sekrio was a huge cool looking game to me.

DMC5 was a great reveal, the KH3 trailer was nice, Jump Force had me interested, Battletoads revival is great.

Good to see them focusing on stuff like Halo and Gears again too.

I just wish I hadn't had work and had been able to catch it.

Really, even if there wasn't a ton of exclusives, I'm just glad it doesn't mean cool looking stuff is exclusive in the other direction.

Sounds like Microsoft pulled of a pretty decent showing this year. I say "sounds like" because I'm visiting relatives this weekend so I can't watch anything live. By the way thank you all for sharing your opinions on all the games being shown because this forum has become my main source for E3 stuff right now.

Microsoft gets an A letter grade from me. Hours later I'm still talking about these games and listening to opinions on the games presented. There is too much to talk about. Excellent variety of games, good pacing despite the absurdly long length. Good mix of 2018 and 2019 games. I think a lot of games like Cyberpunk, Fallout, Kingdom Hearts are going to be fleshed out in later conferences, so I don't mind the lack of details presented in this one. E3 conferences almost uniformly have the issue of not enough or too many vague release dates, but we didn't have that issue today. A bit burned that neither the Gears of War Tactics or Gears 5 have a release date. Those are surprising omissions, though you have to wonder if they're being held back for the next Xbox, probably not but we'll see. 

I think the highest letter grade I ever gave for an E3 conference was A-, and I want to say that was for either Nintendo at 2014 or Bethesda in 2015 but I just can't remember. I try to grade outside of personal bias now, but I don't know if I did then. Will be surprised if I rank any conference as high as this. But this is the E3 of Dreams so surprise me!

Edited by Glennstavos

Also surprised to find Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition during this conference. They didn't say it was an exclusive, but does anyone think this means no PS4 but an XBONE and Steam release?

Thank Christ I didn't want to shell for a new console to play one of my favorite games of all time.

But I'd still do it. and it's on the switch, awesome.

3 minutes ago, Modamy said:

Thank Christ I didn't want to shell for a new console to play one of my favorite games of all time.

But I'd still do it. and it's on the switch, awesome.

I'm hoping that there will be a pc release of the game.

So, MS have a good showing.

I tend to rate the console makers by what exclusives they get though, so what is there?

EA had the usual and about 2 or three games that might raise interest. Next.

MS on the other hand might have got the motherlode this year in terms of reveals. Lots of reveals both new for XB1 and new full stop. DMC 5 is happening (Wait are we focusing on Nero? HE'S GOT A FUCKING ROBOT ARM BOYS), new CD Project Red game (So I assume PC at least. :P), they got KHIII, not to mention all the other reveals like new Cuphead or Battletoads (WAITWUT, it's on PC at least).

In terms of exclusives, it's got more Sea of Thieves (Cursed Sales might be the funniest title if it sells poorly), Session (the next Skate, also on PC), Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Also PC, didn't realise the previous game was also XB1/PC only), Cuphead DLC (Also PC, same as base game), PUBG (Does that count? It is on mobile platforms.), Black Desert Online (Also PC, can anyone say how good it is?), Battletoads (Well that's a thing that happened), Tunic (Furry Breath of the Wild?) and of course their usual brands of Halo, Forza and the Gears series and Crackdown finally return too. Yeah, MS are the ones to beat for once.

5 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I'm hoping that there will be a pc release of the game.

According to Tryhard's post there will be a pc release.

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Oh, I thought you are talking about Kingdom Hearts 3.

Well since Microsoft's got there hands on the series it's only a matter of time until a pc release. It'll probably just come after the console versions.

8 minutes ago, grinus said:

@Dayni Fairly sure that CD Projekt Red's Cyberpunk 2077 is for PC, Xbox One and PS4. 

Oh, alright. I wasn't sure they'd announced platforms and didn't indicate if it was exclusive or not in that post barring assuming it would be on PC because CD Projeck Red.

Either way, they got a lot announced there, I swore DMC was dead after the reboot.

Huh, so Microsoft's conference was fairly good! Most of the stuff I'm interested in are multi-platform and the Microsoft Exclusives, while decent, I can live without. I haven't touched Halo since Halo 3 and spent most of my time on the 2nd.

While a fair amount of the games look awesome, I will probably not be picking them up. I'm sure there will be plenty of LPs to look at so I can get some of the experience of playing them. It saves my wallet some cash and allows me to play games that truly desire my attention.
Quick question, how does the Just Cause franchise play? I've been wanting something similar to the old Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction and Just Cause seems a bit similar.