Sacrificial feature (Fire Emblem)

illegal knight

An another insane idea in my mind for Fire Emblem from one of my posts and it will be special for Lunatic difficulty.

If all Fire Emblem titles mixed to one, in "my castle" features, it will have an extra "DLC" chapter that only worked once and before reach any chapters which contained the stories (or paralogues) about met any character's descendant, and the 'extra chapter' works like below.

The extra chapter is Rescue an NPC monster (which cannot attack and have relatively high HP and Def, no Skills, and with 0 in other stats so it would be mostly got double and critical hits by enemy) who appeared at north area on the map which hunted down by the massive numbers of enemy's (relatively easy) monsters with unlimited reinforcements, which good for exp.harvestings. Battle chapter ended if the NPC monster died or succeed to reach out south area of the map. If the Lord unit got talked to it before it reach out of the map and survived, it will follow you to the castle after the battle chapter ended (but not as an unit), and you will got a temporary extra feature.

In the castle, the temporary extra feature is to talk to the Monster for it's request to the Lord. The extra feature would be gone after finished it's tasks or when the player decide to ignore it and continues to the next chapter.

The Monster's tasks were request the Lord is to sacrifice each one of any male and female HUMAN/BEORC characters from the player's force (not from post-game's bonus characters that featured by enemy's or deceased characters). Lords, avatar (my unit), characters which already have A, A+, and S support, matured or cursed characters (like Jagen, Frey, Wrys, Moulder, Dozla, Gunther, Nyx, and many more), major characters who destined to be the ruler of the country (king / queen / crown prince / crown princess), and 'branded' characters could NOT be sacrificed. There will be very limited choice of it. The both sacrificed characters could not have their mates (including having child) and will have their own altered endings (and they would had sad endings because they weren't humans anymore). If the player "agrees" to do it, it might be recommended for any weakest characters who has terrible growth that forced to benched overtime and not very affected to the battlefields as well as their respective own 'stories' (note: when decide to 'agree', it will unable to continue to next chapter before the task completed).

The sacrificed characters here were not perished at all. The Monster only takes their "humanity" in order to lift-off it's monster-form curse by a defeated demon god. After the task finished, the Monster's form would became a shade of light and thanking the Lord for help, so it can return to it's own respective realm. (The word "it" were used due it have no gender and no character's voice.)

The characters were 'sacrificed' by reborn into demi-humans and reclassed to permanent classes that unable to reclass to another (including DLC) class, unremovable Skills, cannot buy and equip another Skills, and lost all of their own already-learned Skills, hence since they lost their "humanity". Note: the other characters cannot be reclass to the respective demi-human's classes.

Example below.

They have average stats growth and would be considered as the monster units, so they were weak againts anti-monster Skills or weapons (if exist). The level will reset to 1, HP 25, Str 7, Mag 7, Skill 8, Spd 8, Luck 9, Def 6, Res 6 after "reborn". They will become:

Angel. From a sacrificed male unit. A winged humanoid creature which gains energy from the purity of water. Flier. Marine. Movement 7. Lance E, Dagger E, Staff E. Skills:

1. -the Character's own innate Skill-.

2. Albatross. -class' innate Skill-. Iote's Shield + restore 10 HP on the start of player's turn if stands on the water tiles.

3. Lv.1.: Raider. Beastbane + Wyrmsbane + Air Superiority.

4. Lv.10.: Edgebreaker. Axebreaker + Bowbreaker.

5. Lv.25.: Bladefaire. Lancefaire + Daggerfaire.

6. Lv.35.: Titan. Luna + Rend Heaven.

Lamia. From a sacrificed female unit. An attractive creature with half women to upper body and half snake to lower body. Mountaineer. Forester. Desert walker. Movement 6. Axe E, Bow E, Tome E. Skills:

1. -the Character's own innate Skill-.

2. Lander -class' innate Skill-. Natural Cover + Good Fortune + Negates all terrain's movement penalties.

3. Lv.1.: Slaughter. Armorsbane + Ridersbane.

4. Lv.10.: Bladebreaker. Lancebreaker + Daggerbreaker.

5. Lv.25.: Edgefaire. Axefaire + Bowfaire + Tomefaire.

6. Lv.35.: Titanesse. Sol + Astra.

Sorry for long posts. Now, if the insane feature above exist and "agree" to sacrifice, from each one human/beorc male and female:

1. Who will you sacrifice? (Their names and from FE series)

2. What will they becomes? (also allowed to take the demi-humans example-forms above)

3. What Skills will they have? (if you have any ideas and they'll allowed to be overpowered)

nb. also allowed to take same characters to becomes another demi-human creatures and vise-versa.

Honestly, when I read the title, I thought it would be something like the (snapdragon) mechanic in the SRPG Ogre Battle:Knights of Lodis. 

To me it seems, to have a potentially similiar destabilizing effect on gameplay, but seems to be more story heavy and dramatic. I think it might be a little strange wthin Fire Emblem settings that emphasized the Gods more than others because the "source" of their curse and deformity would seem out of charatherr for the only beings capable of inflicting such a thing. (Telius's is probbably out due to meeting the two goddesses, FE6-8 are fine because of the vagueness of god in their settings, and Naga is a lot less important in Marth's Arachnea than in Judgral/Ylisse though so that could go either way ) 

Another thing I thought about was that the  "demi-human/classic mythology monster" thing might cause a thematic disconnect from Fire-Emblem, which iss normally more a low-fantasy than a high-fantasy, having centaurs in your army might make the game feel more like Shining Force / Ogre Battle than a Fire Emblem game, for example.

To me, the idea might be worth it, even with these problems, because the story emphasis on the thing does sound interesting (not to mention the large and unused benches in many fire games). It's hard to think of video games that do multiple dramatic death scenes other than the Valkyrie Profile series. There, it's also a humanity thing rather than a "dead and buried thing" since they become einherjar (due to the viking setting).

I think if I tried it

1: FE4 - Skashaer / FE7 Rebecca - I'm pretty sure all of Gen1 breaks the "no mature" rule, and there are only a few commoners. Gen 2 people are younger, and it is awkward because of the royalty rule, but it is heavily implied in many families that one descendant doesn't get to inherit the country (usually the one who doesn't get the holy weapon) 

2: I feel like, swordfighters, should become hybirds that are still thematically very fast creatures, so I guess they would be gnolls "human/hyena" For an archer, I think I would go with a Tigress even though the only time in fiction they use bows is in Gauntlent: Dark Legacy I feel likke Tigress would help to emphazithes the sadness of the situation due to being able to echo the classic knight of the round table story about one.

3: Gnoll: Strand Hunt =  If target is at a lower height, do effective damage to them. Tigress: Flush prey = skill stat is calculated from own skill+skill of all adjacent units

Nice analyze, sir... even I didn't think that far... :D: But I admit that my minds were influenced by so many fantasy Tactical RPGs that 'perhaps' made me imagined 'what if' this crazy idea had been implemented in the world of Fire Emblem. It may cause a little mess-up on gameplay, yes, so I restrict it only "available" on Lunatic difficulty.

The "god and curse" thing I used just for 'strengthen' the cause as well as the 'trigger' of the sacrifice-stories. :D: Even seems so lame.

In the world of Fire Emblem, beside the existancy of paralogues, there are some monster units based from mythologies like maelduin, cerberus, or gorgon as example.

And about the units, there's Manaketes or Beastmen/Laguz existance as transformable-humans/monsters that might gave me this idea. Demi-humans rank here unofficially 'exist' between human/beorc and manaketes/beastmen/laguz respectively.

The term demi-human used as they are not transformable beings as they are "monsters" which still sustains (all or some) parts of humanoid forms (including minds). Statistically demi-humans are stronger than human/beorc but practically still weaker than manakete/beastman/laguz, since they still depends on weaponries for combative works. And even your "centaur" idea still useful, because at least they might have the full-role as Bow Knight units but they have no weakness from zanbato/halberd/ridersbane since they were not considered as cavalry units. :lol:

People allowed to created the "sacrificed pair" a little overpowered here as the compensation for their sad-ending stories and no-mates/no-children tales consequences. And I'm glad you like my crazy idea. :D:

21 hours ago, Reality said:

1: FE4 - Skashaer / FE7 Rebecca - I'm pretty sure all of Gen1 breaks the "no mature" rule, and there are only a few commoners. Gen 2 people are younger, and it is awkward because of the royalty rule, but it is heavily implied in many families that one descendant doesn't get to inherit the country (usually the one who doesn't get the holy weapon) 

2: I feel like, swordfighters, should become hybirds that are still thematically very fast creatures, so I guess they would be gnolls "human/hyena" For an archer, I think I would go with a Tigress even though the only time in fiction they use bows is in Gauntlent: Dark Legacy I feel likke Tigress would help to emphazithes the sadness of the situation due to being able to echo the classic knight of the round table story about one.

3: Gnoll: Strand Hunt =  If target is at a lower height, do effective damage to them. Tigress: Flush prey = skill stat is calculated from own skill+skill of all adjacent units

Good start!

Skashaer/Ulster (FE4) - Gnoll - Good HP, average Str, no Mag, very high Skill, very high Spd, high Luck, low Def, low Res, movement 6. Mountaineer. Sword E. Skill: Strand Hunt (when fight enemies which stand on lower tile than the user: damage dealt +4, Critical Rate +30, Critical Damage +20%. Doesn't work againts flier and unit who stands on water tile, ...I think?).  - He left his lover and his sister after the war, (abdicate the throne if his cousin has died) and never be seen again -.

Rebecca (FE7) - Tigress - Average HP, descent Str, no Mag, average Skill, high Spd, average Luck, descent Def, average Res. Movement 6. Forester. Bow E, Dagger E. Skill: Flush Prey (After the battle, all adjacent enemy units next to the unit which got hit by the user will suffers the totally equal damages, including double-hits and critical damage, and able to got killed (all exp and dropped items would be transfered to the user). Trigger: (skill + total skill of all adjacent units, no matter if the units are allies / NPCs / enemies, next to the user)%). - After the war ends, she unable to return to her father, even she forced to be released from Pherae's services and banished away because people afraid of her. She must lived and wanders alone in the woods. Sometimes Wil visits her and she cries on Wil's shoulder because she missed her father and all of her friends. *Wolt (FE6) has been vanished from the Fire Emblem's existance* -.

Thank you for bumping in. Best regards. :):

Edited by illegal knight

On 6/2/2018 at 3:31 PM, illegal knight said:

Angel. From a sacrificed male unit. A winged humanoid creature which gains energy from the purity of water. Flier. Marine. Movement 7. Lance E, Dagger E, Staff E. Skills:

1. -the Character's own innate Skill-.

2. Albatross. -class' innate Skill-. Iote's Shield + restore 10 HP on the start of player's turn if stands on the water tiles.

3. Lv.1.: Raider. Beastbane + Wyrmsbane + Air Superiority.

4. Lv.10.: Edgebreaker. Axebreaker + Bowbreaker.

5. Lv.25.: Bladefaire. Lancefaire + Daggerfaire.

6. Lv.35.: Titan. Luna + Rend Heaven.

Lamia. From a sacrificed female unit. An attractive creature with half women to upper body and half snake to lower body. Mountaineer. Forester. Desert walker. Movement 6. Axe E, Bow E, Tome E. Skills:

1. -the Character's own innate Skill-.

2. Lander -class' innate Skill-. Natural Cover + Good Fortune + Negates all terrain's movement penalties.

3. Lv.1.: Slaughter. Armorsbane + Ridersbane.

4. Lv.10.: Bladebreaker. Lancebreaker + Daggerbreaker.

5. Lv.25.: Edgefaire. Axefaire + Bowfaire + Tomefaire.

6. Lv.35.: Titanesse. Sol + Astra.

Vyland (FE1,3,11,12) - Angel.

Player : "Vyland, I choose you to become a powerful angel for us! We need you to become equally or even better on battlefield because you seems not very useful, sorry. Lord Marth already convinced and agreed to take care of your horse for someone who needs to be reclassed into an another horseman."

Vyland : "What? Really? I though I-" (Vyland's body started to float. His body elevated so high that left his horse below him. His entire gears scattered out and the white light wrapped over his body. The light forms a massive white egg and slowly downs to the ground. Someone already takes his horse away. After several time, the egg hatches.) "-AAAAARGH...!!! IT HURTS SO MUCH!!! ...but hey... I felt so strong! I think I'd become more useful now." (Vyland takes some garments, his belt, his greaves, and his bracers to dress up. And finally, he takes his lance and flies approaching the player.) "Now I'm at your service!"

After the battle ends, Vyland never return to Aurelis. The red-haired angel enjoys his freedom to flight freely until he gradually lost his memories and his self. Vyland flies high and more high until he lost from his friends sights and never be seen again.

Beruka (FE 14) - Lamia.

Player : "Now, before Camilla knows, Prince Xander wants to taking back his wyvern that he entrust to you before, Beruka! It seems the wyvern roles always in vain under your care, beside Prince Xander need him to reclassing. You don't need any seals from Corrin! I choose you to be the next sacrifice!"

Beruka : "Me? No...NO!!! AHHH-" (Beruka's body started to float. Her body elevated so high that left the wyvern below. Her entire gears scattered out and the white light wrapped over her body. The light forms a massive white egg and slowly downs to the ground. The wyvern has flies and approached Prince Xander also he seems so missing out his previous master before. After several time, the egg hatches.) "AAHHH...OH... *pantings* ...ah...oh...it hurts... it so hurts... why you did this to me? ...oh... I felt strange... I felt I'm so strong and so durable. Hmmm, perhaps it's not bad at all. *smile*" (Beruka wears back her black bracers, her black hips mail, and her black headband. And finally, she takes her axe and asking the player.) "Now, who do you need me to kill?"

After the war ends, Beruka forced to left Camilla even torn in her heart. No one dare to hire her as assassin because people fears her monstrous form even only her waist-down. She wanders on some place in the valleys of Valla and finally learn in tears about the true meanings of feel lonely.