[FE8] [Complete] Vision Quest (v2.1 21-Mar-21 - Final Release)

Pandan

Found a major glitch bruv, it deleted my saves and I don't have a backup. RIP me.

I was on 4-5? I think? Whichever map comes right after you need to free all the prisoners and have to fight Zuzanna. I was in the preparations menu when it booted me out to a new game screen and wiped my game. It wiped the whole file, I didn't have any save states but I had all 3 saves filled and it wiped all of them. Unless there's a menu option that deletes your game from within the preparations menu and I had a zero IQ moment, this is something you've really gotta check out. Sadly not much to go off of, I was just rifling through the preparation menus, checking something with Zuzanna, exited out, poof.

It was really fun up until then, though, and forced me to play my best. Always had to be diligent, and there were some really fun and nail-biting moments. It took the mundane and often annoying parts of main series titles (desert levels, boat maps) and made them enjoyable at least. It was awesome until 4-5, which sucks because the experience was totally cut short and I kinda feel gypped in terms of story (which I really liked, it's got some nice allure.)

In terms of things to fix, aside from the random menu reset glitch, there were quite a few typos that slipped through the cracks. There were lots of fake "objective points" on the map (tile with arrows on them signaling something) that didn't do anything and seemed to be there by mistake (unless I was missing something with the member card, and if that's the case then it might not work at all.) When you're looking at a list of all the characters their sprites clip inside each other. I also feel like it wouldn't kill you to add at least a little profanity in there (which it seems the hack does already, probably accidentally but it actually helps.) Idk it just breaks the immersion a tad when the big gruff bandit guy is danging the party to heck, is all.

It was probs the most enjoyable hack I've played so far! It deleted all my progress and I'm still thinking of playing through again anyways.

Edited by RkThe23rdst

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there. I'm having difficulties downloading the Patch. Despite having FE8 and NUPS, I can't patch it. i'm using the zip version of the game. If anyone can help me, i'd very grateful. Thanks.

(it might be a stupid question, but i'm new to hacked roms)

16 hours ago, Sanmay said:

Hey man. Loving this hack rn. I encountered a glitch tho, where in the 2nd map, I killed the first mage that advances towards gilberth with natsuko and he dropped the boogjacht for some reason. 

Not a glitch apparently

Ok i just finished the game and i liked it very much! Storywise the game is for me 10/10. It remembered me alot on suikoden 2 (one of my fav jrpgs) also i liked the characters alot. Almost all important characters were interesting and unique. Also the development of the characters were nice. The End of the game was therefore not random and pretty logical. Which is in my opinion a good storytelling. The difficulty was also ok for me (but i can speak in this only for myself, since im a newbie in FE) the only think i didnt liked was the small departure for characters per chapter. You have so many characters who look interesting but you are not able to use even  1/3 of them and are forced to use always the same units to develope them to be able to finish the following chapter. But again i bet most of players surely dont have a problem with that. But me as a trainee didnt liked it. Maybe you can make an difficult mode for the experts with few characters to take for departure and on easy difficult a bit more of characters. But expect of that, the game is awesome. Would love to see vision quest 2

Really enjoying the hack so far!  I just got to the (first?) desert level and am also wondering where secret shop locations are.  Even just knowing which chapters they are on would be a huge help.  Also, how many items should I expect to be buried in the sand in that level?  

Spoiler

I already found the member card, but I am afraid that I might miss more important stuff hidden in the level.

I am playing through the game right now and I am loving it! The discord link is expired so i cannot join the discord. I tried on Mangs Description for his video on this hack and it is expired as well.

Hi. First of all, I'd like to say it's a great game, really. I love the characters, plot and mechanics. Problem is, there a few glitches i'd like to note. some annoying, other game breaking.

Spoiler

1- In one of the midgame chapters (the gaiden where you recruit Onderdonk i think), there's an enemy that turns into a tent when he attacks, completely putting the game to a halt, without being able to progress.

2-in the same chapter, there's a halebardier equipped only with a sword, and thus cannot attack.

3-(and this one is the major problem for me) In the final chapter, i can't see the map pre-battle, and thus can't rearrange my units. Trying sends me back to the title screen.

There. Hope it's useful, and thanks.

i found a glitch in 3-3 this halberdier looks like a tent during animations in field sprite is a cav it freeze  the game  most of the time if you fight him at all

then i blocked the fort till turn 7 he brought a wyrmslayer when he can only use swords and his field sprint changes to the correct sprite

Edited by fezero+

Hello! I'm really enjoying this hack. I was curious if any one else is experiences a game freeze after Ch12. 1-E? I obtain the sword. Get the beige text. Then see the purple guy talking with his friends. After that scene, the emulator just goes black. Thx yall!

• 4 weeks later...

I think this is a bug but when I beat chapter 2-7: War comes home, I got a reward for saving all the logs even though I didn't save any of them(wasn't expecting those mage reinforcements).

Also the discord link is expired can someone please make a permanent link.

14 hours ago, qwerty3.14 said:

I think this is a bug but when I beat chapter 2-7: War comes home, I got a reward for saving all the logs even though I didn't save any of them(wasn't expecting those mage reinforcements).

Also the discord link is expired can someone please make a permanent link.

Use FEU - https://feuniverse.us/t/fe8-complete-fire-emblem-vision-quest-v1-18-22-jul-20-full-hack-release/3815 instead for reporting bugs, pandan doesn't seem to use SF and he recently dropped discord as a place to report.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2020 at 6:26 AM, jeivu1998 said:

Hey first word first, the hack is awesome and I love it so far. I would say that there are quite a lot of map that I found frustrating and the Waluyo path is quite, challenging in a way. Btw there seems to be a problem with chapter 4-1, I can't start the chapter and it just stuck in the black screen. Wonder if it's a problem from my side or not.

I also have this issue, just gives me a black screen that doesnt change