[FE8] [Complete] Vision Quest (v2.1 21-Mar-21 - Final Release)

Pandan

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for the kind words and feedback. I lost my password for SF and recently was able to get back into my account.

Many of the bug fixes described here are being addressed or have been made into the most recent live version.

Thanks again for giving the project a try! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks again for the kind feedback in support - I updated the first post to note that the final release is out. I've made a handful of updates to the game, including 2 new gaiden chapters. Some stats were reworked as well to improve overall balance.

Check out the patch in the first post.

Thanks again and enjoy your day.

Hello, i'm trying this fan game.

I'm just at chapter 1-2, but i found something weird.

I talked with Lera to a merchant, then shoved Vagelis and I obtained a bow named "Boogjacht" ( S-Rank, 18 Mt, +5Res). I guess this is a bug, so i'm just letting you know !

On 4/1/2021 at 8:56 AM, CompteSecours said:

Hello, i'm trying this fan game.

I'm just at chapter 1-2, but i found something weird.

I talked with Lera to a merchant, then shoved Vagelis and I obtained a bow named "Boogjacht" ( S-Rank, 18 Mt, +5Res). I guess this is a bug, so i'm just letting you know !

It is not a glitch. If you visit the house, you'll learn the merchants dropped something - it is a range event and is not a glitch. Enjoy and please stay safe.

• 2 months later...

Big fan of this hack, really impressive how long it is and just how much content was able to be stuffed into a single rom! It's not perfect, and I do have some gameplay qualms, but man this is really something to behold! Everyone should try it out, even if it's just a little bit. 1-1 is a great opening map, at the very least.

• 2 months later...

Hello. I have a big issue with saving on my  EZ Flash Omega Kernel 1.08 with Vision Quest. Its just didnt save: like  device has not permission to rewrite a save or somthing like that.
 At first i try to different  UPS patchers (Tsukuyoumi and Unipatcher) and different source of FE The Sacred Stones (U) and even (UA). Its change nothin. I even try a different type of saves- work only SRAM 32kb. 
 Then i try to use saves from emulator. They work, but didnt rewrite by flash cartrige, especially suspend sector: its not rewrite, just wipe. 
 Then im trying a on\off RTC(nothing), put roms in separate dirictoryies (nothing) and reformate my SD with SD formatter(didnt help).
 Its really strange because other hacks  even big one like Last Promise and Soul Of Forest works fine on my EZ Flash Omega. anyone have an idea?

Edited by NrodasTheLordofNorthWest

really digging the rom so far, just finished 1-7xx.  Is there a list somewhere detailing how to get each playable character?  I realize you want to encourage exploration and I hit every house each map, I just don't want to miss something (like in some of the older games when you had a turn limit to get to Gaiden chapters but this wasn't even hinted at anywhere

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, now for a legitimate Bug I've encountered: The game seemingly does "not get it" when NPC units arrive at a destination during the same turn. It happened once in 4-1x were the player has to help some villagers escape. I rescued (as in the rescuing feature) one of them with my pegasus knight, placed him next to another villager, they both escaped but I only got one item. Luckily, I already smelled the BS beforehand and did a savestate. Reloaded, placed the villager farther away from the destination so he would need another turn and voila, two items.

Same shit in 4-5. Saved all NPCs, did not get a reward - probably because of the very same reason.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 10:30 AM, NrodasTheLordofNorthWest said:

Hello. I have a big issue with saving on my  EZ Flash Omega Kernel 1.08 with Vision Quest. Its just didnt save: like  device has not permission to rewrite a save or somthing like that.
 At first i try to different  UPS patchers (Tsukuyoumi and Unipatcher) and different source of FE The Sacred Stones (U) and even (UA). Its change nothin. I even try a different type of saves- work only SRAM 32kb. 
 Then i try to use saves from emulator. They work, but didnt rewrite by flash cartrige, especially suspend sector: its not rewrite, just wipe. 
 Then im trying a on\off RTC(nothing), put roms in separate dirictoryies (nothing) and reformate my SD with SD formatter(didnt help).
 Its really strange because other hacks  even big one like Last Promise and Soul Of Forest works fine on my EZ Flash Omega. anyone have an idea?

I'm having the same issue! Any updates on this?

• 10 months later...

Is somewhere where I can find all the recruitable characters and how to get them?

Edit: I was playing online (i.e. in a web browser) so I didn't realize there was a recruitment guide in the patch

Edited by LiquidRed
playing online

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hello Pandan,

Currently finishing an Hard run after completing the game in Normal.

I really hope that you make the sequel !

The storyline is simply too good and the clues you left in the game (Lera being green colour like her father, Marlen being the Paladin of the Lord, Esfir and Helga having enemy side outfits, Esfir never interacting with Titus...) are great content.

I mostly liked the fact that you are forced to play with non-ordinary Heroes. Each FE cast of an official game is clearly following the stereotype of their class.
Here, Vagelis is a "main" character but is a clear exaggeration of the strong male Archer. Larisa has to be thought about differently because she can be doubled, but resist Mage better. Timmonen is exactly the Soldier you wanted to play in FE8, but you had no access to this class and it was not in the base game. Titus is relatively weak by himself, but strong when surrounded by others and during enemy phase. 

I also liked that, during second play through, you notice a lot of details since the moment Titus join. Details that are extremely revealing on the future storyline, but that you miss during first play trough. It is only at last chapter, and seeing the heroism of the "vilain" Emperor and the humanity of his Paladin, that I plainly realized the responsibility of the player for directing soldiers at war just to... replace someone by someone else. I had difficulties to play this chapter.

I have some limitations:

First, when you play with the rule "If Death, starts again" like I do, you have overleveled character that finishes the game relatively easily. The challenge is to hold correctly what the game is throwing at you for 3/4 turns in the last chapters. I understand the point of the design was to simplify an Ironman run, but most of the time you simply bench these new characters because they are weaker than the current members of your party.

Second, the chapters are a bit redundant. There is a lack of "surprising" chapters like beating all the bosses again in FE7, or holding the Rausten castle at nighttime in FE8. Most likely the technical limitations of the GBA, but I did not remember a mountainous map, for example. Navigating a narrow space while being attacked by Wyverns.

Third, you rapidly understand that the different designs are not efficient in Hard. Bosco and the bouddhist monk are too slow, for example. They are interesting and different designs of high durability characters, but the way FE and your game are designed is to advance fast on the map by doubling ennemies. If the goal is to make truly different characters, maybe it is more about the character abilities creating radically different gameplays.

Fourth, the game is a bit biased toward high Defense character. The key is to hold the frontline. It is most efficient to use Infantry because there is no anti-cavalry or anti-flying weapons, occasionally anti-armour. Most of the game has been to rely on Storch and Larisa, then Kir and Surya, to carry the team. I would not have minded the enemy countering these strategies.

Fifth, I think that the last part is too short and not epic enough.

Overall, excellent experience, highly recommend, 9.5/10.

Edited by Lagdou

Sorry for the double post, but I noticed a bug after posting my previous message.

In Chapter 3-X, when a Thief open the Door while being situated on the Chest (i.e. because he was warped inside the treasures room), the game considers that he opens the Chest instead of the Door.

The Chest had been open before.

So I found myself with 6 Purge in the Supply. Just in case I would have lacked money or weapons.

• 3 weeks later...

Noticed a weird bug yesterday, just after finishing Hard mode.

I was reading Cashew's support to understand who his father is. Read all his A-support and the B-support with the bald Berserker.

Coming back to the Support conversation screen, I noticed that the top-left image (Storch) was replaced by the image of a citizen character without name.

When clicking on it, the screen turned black and stopped answering.

That's all. It worked when relaunched.