Pandan

[FE8] [Complete] Vision Quest (v2.1 21-Mar-21 - Final Release)

Thanks everyone for the kind words and feedback. I lost my password for SF and recently was able to get back into my account.

Many of the bug fixes described here are being addressed or have been made into the most recent live version.

Thanks again for giving the project a try! 

About to finish the last chapter and I feel sad that I have to beat the final boss to see the ending. Many A level supports between the "couples" really suprise me as well. Awesome story and characters. Best hack from recent. 

Thanks again for the kind feedback in support - I updated the first post to note that the final release is out. I've made a handful of updates to the game, including 2 new gaiden chapters. Some stats were reworked as well to improve overall balance.

Check out the patch in the first post.

Thanks again and enjoy your day.

Hello, i'm trying this fan game.

I'm just at chapter 1-2, but i found something weird.

I talked with Lera to a merchant, then shoved Vagelis and I obtained a bow named "Boogjacht" ( S-Rank, 18 Mt, +5Res). I guess this is a bug, so i'm just letting you know !

On 4/1/2021 at 8:56 AM, CompteSecours said:

Hello, i'm trying this fan game.

I'm just at chapter 1-2, but i found something weird.

I talked with Lera to a merchant, then shoved Vagelis and I obtained a bow named "Boogjacht" ( S-Rank, 18 Mt, +5Res). I guess this is a bug, so i'm just letting you know !

It is not a glitch. If you visit the house, you'll learn the merchants dropped something - it is a range event and is not a glitch. Enjoy and please stay safe.

Big fan of this hack, really impressive how long it is and just how much content was able to be stuffed into a single rom! It's not perfect, and I do have some gameplay qualms, but man this is really something to behold! Everyone should try it out, even if it's just a little bit. 1-1 is a great opening map, at the very least.

Hello. I have a big issue with saving on my  EZ Flash Omega Kernel 1.08 with Vision Quest. Its just didnt save: like  device has not permission to rewrite a save or somthing like that.
 At first i try to different  UPS patchers (Tsukuyoumi and Unipatcher) and different source of FE The Sacred Stones (U) and even (UA). Its change nothin. I even try a different type of saves- work only SRAM 32kb. 
 Then i try to use saves from emulator. They work, but didnt rewrite by flash cartrige, especially suspend sector: its not rewrite, just wipe. 
 Then im trying a on\off RTC(nothing), put roms in separate dirictoryies (nothing) and reformate my SD with SD formatter(didnt help).
 Its really strange because other hacks  even big one like Last Promise and Soul Of Forest works fine on my EZ Flash Omega. anyone have an idea?

Edited by NrodasTheLordofNorthWest

really digging the rom so far, just finished 1-7xx.  Is there a list somewhere detailing how to get each playable character?  I realize you want to encourage exploration and I hit every house each map, I just don't want to miss something (like in some of the older games when you had a turn limit to get to Gaiden chapters but this wasn't even hinted at anywhere

Okay, now for a legitimate Bug I've encountered: The game seemingly does "not get it" when NPC units arrive at a destination during the same turn. It happened once in 4-1x were the player has to help some villagers escape. I rescued (as in the rescuing feature) one of them with my pegasus knight, placed him next to another villager, they both escaped but I only got one item. Luckily, I already smelled the BS beforehand and did a savestate. Reloaded, placed the villager farther away from the destination so he would need another turn and voila, two items.

Same shit in 4-5. Saved all NPCs, did not get a reward - probably because of the very same reason.

On 9/2/2021 at 10:30 AM, NrodasTheLordofNorthWest said:

Hello. I have a big issue with saving on my  EZ Flash Omega Kernel 1.08 with Vision Quest. Its just didnt save: like  device has not permission to rewrite a save or somthing like that.
 At first i try to different  UPS patchers (Tsukuyoumi and Unipatcher) and different source of FE The Sacred Stones (U) and even (UA). Its change nothin. I even try a different type of saves- work only SRAM 32kb. 
 Then i try to use saves from emulator. They work, but didnt rewrite by flash cartrige, especially suspend sector: its not rewrite, just wipe. 
 Then im trying a on\off RTC(nothing), put roms in separate dirictoryies (nothing) and reformate my SD with SD formatter(didnt help).
 Its really strange because other hacks  even big one like Last Promise and Soul Of Forest works fine on my EZ Flash Omega. anyone have an idea?

I'm having the same issue! Any updates on this?

Is somewhere where I can find all the recruitable characters and how to get them?

Edit: I was playing online (i.e. in a web browser) so I didn't realize there was a recruitment guide in the patch

Edited by LiquidRed
playing online