I haven’t seen anybody talk about this scene after Chapter 3

Perkilator

Anyone remember the end of Chapter 3 of Heroes? Well, when I was playing it yesterday (love so far, btw. Downloaded it recently), I came across this. Never in my life did I think IS would go this far with writing.

Edited by Perkilator
I clickbaited by accident, lol

Because it's not worth talking about IMO (and I heavily dislike clickbait titles).  All it implies is that Kiran's from a setting closer to our world.

Edited by eclipse

It's implied in the story and by some character lines that Kiran is from our world, not much to it really.

Such as Ephraim's quote: "You say weapons are shaped like your Breidablik back in your world? I'd like to visit and see that for myself."

58 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Because it's not worth talking about IMO (and I heavily dislike clickbait titles).  All it implies is that Kiran's from a setting closer to our world.

Well, I like a little detail like this.

And is my title actually clickbait? I’m sorry if it is, but “I haven’t seen anyone talk about this” doesn’t really seem clickbaity at all (at least to me).

We talked about it plenty when the game came out. The first nine chapters have so little dialogue of note. But now it's almost a year and a half later. I can't think of a single thing we're still talking about a year and half later.

26 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

And is my title actually clickbait? I’m sorry if it is, but “I haven’t seen anyone talk about this” doesn’t really seem clickbaity at all (at least to me).

It has just that right sense of mystery and ambiguity to make people curious.

It makes people think "'This'?  Gee, what could 'this' be?"

3 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

It has just that right sense of mystery and ambiguity to make people curious.

It makes people think "'This'?  Gee, what could 'this' be?"

Hmm…good point.

1 hour ago, Perkilator said:

1. It's because Kiran is the player, and talking to Kiran means he's talking to the actual player.
  2. Yes, it's clickbait. The title says absolutely nothing about what the thread is about, and you should change it.

33 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
  1. It's because Kiran is the player, and talking to Kiran means he's talking to the actual player.
  2. Yes, it's clickbait. The title says absolutely nothing about what the thread is about, and you should change it.

Alright, then, the title’s fixed.

It's nothing more than an Easter egg and just further proof that Kiran comes from the modern-day world. This is further shown if the player has recruited Ephraim: Restoration Lord, who expresses curiosity at the idea of firearms and wishes to see them for himself. Similarly, Lloyd: White Wolf wonders about the idea of using the Breidablik to attack others.

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

It's nothing more than an Easter egg and just further proof that Kiran comes from the modern-day world. This is further shown if the player has recruited Ephraim: Restoration Lord, who expresses curiosity at the idea of firearms and wishes to see them for himself. Similarly, Lloyd: White Wolf wonders about the idea of using the Breidablik to attack others.

niles also has a quote implying that he is interested in gunplay.

12 hours ago, Perkilator said:

Alright, then, the title’s fixed.

Not really. A fixed title would be something to the effect of "Technology in the Summoner's world".

Stuff like "I haven't seen anybody talk about this" can go in the body of a post. A title needs to be focused on clearly establishing the topic of conversation so people can accurately determine whether or not it's relevant to them. "Scene after Chapter 3" alludes to the topic of conversation, but doesn't make it clear to people who don't remember off the top of their head exactly what was brought up when.

Edited by Othin