Grand Hero Battle of Destiny: Linus, the Mad Dog

SatsumaFSoysoy

A GHB for Linus is coming on 6/12. I wonder if he will be drawn by Pikomaro as well...

Map

Hard & Lunatic

Spoiler

1wIucYX.png

Infernal

Spoiler

hP5Sgvx.png

Infernal Enemy Data

Linus

Spoiler

HP: 67
Atk: 57
Spd: 36
Def: 35
Res: 21

Weapon: Basilikos
Assist: Pivot
Special: Luna (charged)

A: Brazen Atk/Spd 3
B: Wrath 3
C: Drive Def 2

Mercenary

Spoiler

HP: 65
Atk: 48
Def: 33
Res: 24

Weapon: Slaying Edge+
Assist: 
Special: Vengeance

A: HP/Spd 2
B: Cancel Affinity 3
C: Fortify Def 3

Blue Mage

Spoiler

HP: 52
Atk: 44
Spd: 35
Def: 22
Res: 31

Weapon: Blárowl+
Assist: 
Special: Glimmer

A: Swift Sparrow 2
B: Guard 3
C: Drive Spd 2

Thief

Spoiler

HP: 50
Atk: 43
Spd: 42
Def: 15
Res: 35

Weapon: Barb Shuriken+
Assist: Reciprocal Aid
Special: Iceberg

A: Sturdy Blow 2
B: Renewal 3
C: Atk Smoke 3

Red Manakete

Spoiler

HP: 61
Atk: 52
Def: 35
Res: 34

Weapon: Water Breath+
Assist: Pivot
Special: Moonbow

A: Fury 3
B: Bowbreaker 3
C: Drive Atk 2

Lance Dragoon

Spoiler

HP: 57
Atk: 49
Spd: 30
Def: 44
Res: 21

Weapon: Slaying Lance+
Assist: 
Special: Bonfire

A: Fort Def 3
B: Hit & Run
C: Drive Spd 2

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Thane said:

It was destiny's will that we fight Linus? Huh. Could've sworn the bastard just came charging at me from out of nowhere in Blazing Blade; didn't seem nearly that dramatic.

Cog of Destiny and whatnot.

Hype! I kind of wish it was Sonia instead (although knowing IS, they might make her summonable aligned with Ishtar considering she's one of the series most attractive characters), but I'll definitely promote Linus.

Here's hoping he gets a variant of Basilikos.

Eh, Lloyds artist is awful but I’m still a stout believer that it’s not the worst. That goes to Ursula. As long as it’s not Ursula’s artist I’m fine.

I hope he gets an Axe version of the Light Brand. It was the closest thing he had to a prf weapon.

10 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Eh, Lloyds artist is awful but I’m still a stout believer that it’s not the worst. That goes to Ursula. As long as it’s not Ursula’s artist I’m fine.

I don't think any art in this game bugs me quite as much as Tailtiu's. It seems I've acclimated to all of the rest.

10 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I hope he gets an Axe version of the Light Brand. It was the closest thing he had to a prf weapon.

Considering Lloyd has his morph's Regal Blade from the final chapter, it's likely Linus will have his morph's Tomahawk. It also has a Brave Sword in the final chapter, but I'm assuming most people will remember the Tomahawk more due to its ranged attack shenanigans.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Considering Lloyd has his morph's Regal Blade from the final chapter, it's likely Linus will have his morph's Tomahawk. It also has a Brave Sword in the final chapter, but I'm assuming most people will remember the Tomahawk more due to its ranged attack shenanigans.

A DC axe is definitely possible (maybe even more likely than Basilikos) but I think due to the fact that Brendan's never going to get added to the game (he doesn't even have official art in Blazing Sword) I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a sidegrade of Basilikos. Definitely won't be like Raven's current one if he gets it, IMO.

I expected Linus to get Basilikos back when it seemed unlikely for it to get added any other way, but now that Raven has it, I don't think Linus needs it. I'm guessing he'll get the Stout Tomahawk. Brave Sword could fit, but GHB units have been tending towards legendary or otherwise unique weapons.

25 minutes ago, Othin said:

I expected Linus to get Basilikos back when it seemed unlikely for it to get added any other way, but now that Raven has it, I don't think Linus needs it. I'm guessing he'll get the Stout Tomahawk. Brave Sword could fit, but GHB units have been tending towards legendary or otherwise unique weapons.

Giving him a straight Stout Tomahawk that Dorcas has... makes sense. I can see that happening, although I doubt he'll end up as good as Dorcas (although maybe being an offensive variation of Dorcas would set them apart and put them in completely different niches). I'm very interested to see what they do with the final Black Fang (not sure if the morphs count here).

Oh good, I was hoping it would be Linus and I hope he has an ax because more axes are always welcome.  I really hope he gets Jaffar's artist because Lloyd's art still makes me sad because what the artist did to a sexy boss and turned him in to a zombie is just sad.

19 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I wonder which map he will use...Cog of Destiny or Four Fanged Offense? Lloyd used Four Fanged Offense, but his and Linus’s maps are different...

Well if they do use CoD, they could throw him a Light Brand and reference HHM CoD with its radical change from ENM/EHM/HNM's 95% physical units to 95% magical units, including some annoying status staffs and legions of swift Valkyrie reinforcements should you not understand how reinforcements work in that chapter.

The issue with using CoD, is that they would probably not want to take too much from the throne area, since that area is shared with Murdock's and Gale's infamous map in FE6, and they might want to use that later.

I do enjoy the map design of Linus FFO for some reason, I'd be perfectly fine with them referencing it.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The issue with using CoD, is that they would probably not want to take too much from the throne area, since that area is shared with Murdock's and Gale's infamous map in FE6, and they might want to use that later.

I disagree, simply because they seem to be fine with reusing areas in different maps, especialy if it is the area on the other side of some key feature. In fact, the current BHB (seliph and julia) uses a similar area to the julious grand hero battle, with a different enough design to make playing it different. (the GHB has lots of trees, whereas the BHB has fewer trees, but includes the cliffs to the south, and an (in)conveniently placed trench. In practice, the GHB is more open, and more about running around killing and avoiding reinforcements before they overwealm you. THe BHB, on the other hand, is more about constraining your aproach options to make the map more of a puzzle. They could easily do something like this for any other feature, including the pedestal of COD.

I'm not sure they want to hand over more DC free units so I'd be personally surprised if Linus came with a Tomahawk. 

I'd love it though. I'd like a DC axe guy in my army that's not one-movement Hector. 

Edited by Vince777

Maybe they'll do something easy and give him an alt Basilikos that has Mysteltainn's effect. It'd suit his personality, and it seems like that'd suit his stats better, probably good health and defense, very good attack, okay speed, and crap res.

I wonder if Light Brand could work. Probably would piss off people, though. He'd be another sword infantry, he wouldn't be an axe/non-sword user, and he'd share a weapon with Leif who could have had Bragi Sword. That said, it could create a Minerva and Michalis situation where with the right stats, Linus could have a unique niche despite sharing a weapon. Still a tough spot to match, though, since unique refined Hauteclere is an awesome weapon. Something like 43 HP, 35 Atk, 25 Spd, 35 Def, and 25 Res would work out outside of the issue of him being a mercenary who's supposed to have pretty balanced stats, so Linus being slow is a bit weird. With Light Brand, he'd have 38 defense giving him +7 damage against anyone with <= 33 resistance. That's pretty much everyone before passives and buffs.

Edit: Never mind.

Edited by Kaden

Yeah, I hope Linus doesn't get Lloyd's artist too. That Lloyd art is the worst in the game by far imo.

I also hope Linus gets an axe like Raven did. We've got enough swords. xP

Note: This post is not directed to anyone in particular.

As an artist and of their art, Pikomaro is fine. Of the three characters done by Pikomaro, bride Charlotte, Lloyd, and Wrys, Lloyd is definitely the weakest, but that's only within the works in Heroes. Seriously, look up Pikomaro or check FEH's gamepedia page for Pikomaro and look at Pikomaro's work. Here, I'll link the illustrations page of Pikomaro's personal site: http://rinrin.saiin.net/~pic0/illust/.

Everyone has a dud. No matter how hard you try, sometimes the things you do just don't come out right. But whatever, once you make a mistake, that defines everything you do. Sometimes it's not even your mistake. Maybe it's your art style like Hoshino Lily (Rebecca), Mendako (Arthur), Miyuu (Athena and Eliwood), and Zaza (Florina, Lissa, Selena, and a giraffe) or maybe it was the developers' decision to commission an artist like Amaigataro for Catria and Miwabe Sakura for Lachesis.

Fuck, man, it's not like Hoshino Lily, Miyuu, or Pikomaro are some arrogant, amateur, frauds of artists who actively try to ruin your favorite character and that only a select echelon of artists are allowed to draw any Fire Emblem character. I want Hoshino Lily, Miyuu, and Pikomaro among others to do art for more characters in Heroes. I like their art, Hoshino Lily's Rebecca being one of my favorites, and I like seeing different artists and their art styles or more art from artists who have only done one or two characters like Sasashima Suisei, Abel's artist, let alone seeing new artists like when Arden's art was revealed, it was absolutely amazing and then Soeda Ippei's Dorcas? Holy crap!

It irritates me, absolutely irritates me, when people shit on some of the artists.

Edited by Kaden

@Kaden If they do just port Light Brand, it wouldn't matter with his def. IIRC, it's enemy's def - enemy's res, so basically anyone that's physically oriented and not a mixed tank. As for his statline, he definitely leaned more toward physically bulky character in FE7, so those stats seem like they'd be fairly inline with what he'll have.