Grand Hero Battle of Destiny: Linus, the Mad Dog

SatsumaFSoysoy

12 hours ago, Sasori said:

I did another clear of my own and this time without Veronica. No Boey tanking red dragons anymore, but it was still relatively easy to clear.

Hey, cool clear again. Just trow Boey at everything. ER to retreat was unexpected, but I'm always pro beaming shenanigans. ;-)

9 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Finally upgraded Odin's Grimoire's effect and boy is it fun. @mampfoid you might like the Smite strat, I needed Shiro to have a specific Speed (also supported by Owain's spur) to naturally double the blue lance flier. Shiro also appreciated the dagger hitting him first to charge up Ignis (had to switch Aether for this).

Oh, that was great on so many levels, congrats! 

Of course Odin smiting Shiro over/through the mountain and link/buffing at the same moment was fun, but there was so many other cool stuff. 

Didn't know all four shared the same voice, never played Lloyd myself. Shiro had a perfect start and cool how you made Lloyd duel his brother. 

Owain is a great unit, but I wish he was a green Flyer so I could run him with my new dream team L!Lucina/Laevatein. 

Odin getting the kill with the help of his refine in the end was beautiful, I love the animation of his new tome. 

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zeo

FE7 memories are always nice. Hector was starting strong. The two Vantage + special one shots were great. Lyn finished her opponent just in time to come to Hector's help against the red guy and Linus, and then held the line until Hector came back to take out the lance flier. Poor Eliwood got to do nothing, but I still really liked that one. Well done.

@mcsilas

Nice themed clear again and even better if it's one you wanted to do and enjoy a lot yourself.

Why would you tackle the map from the bottom, when you can just throw Shiro over a mountain? There were many nice things, like Owain one shotting a blue mage or Linus and Lloyd fighting each other. And you even got it done without a lot of skills on some units. Good job.

And back at this again:

@mampfoid My first clear was the Tiki and Nowi BHB and then I did another of my flier team against Saias, but only really started making regular clears with the Leo and Elise BHB. I wasn't too confident in my Takus and own abilities back then, so I mostly didn't even try doing clears with them. So now I have some catching up to do.

Yeah, I find with these maps, it's often not necessary to do as much hit and run as with others. Thanks!

@Landmaster Looking forward to Lene taking on Hector!

@Zeo Yeah, sometimes units who don't engage in the fight can be extremely crucial nontheless. Vantage was my big friend here indeed. Originally the mage went after the Sword Infantry, so I was trying to get Skadikumi to somehow take him out first but not with great success, but then when the Dagger went earlier and was snuffed out it ceased to matter. Might have lost if the Dagger went first and not the Sword Infantry, but that seems to have been beyond the AI.

As for your own clear: Ah this is a bittersweet clear then.. Still, nice to see the trio out and about, even if Eliwood couldn't be in combat himself. Hector and Lyn really held up well in this battle. Especially seeing all these Ignis murders was a fun time. Galeforce really made Lyn dance across the battlefield. A worthy sendoff for sure!

@mcsilas Ah, a fellow sufferer. Hope you have the same luck as me and don't need to work over the holidays themselves. I really love the extra mobility fliers give to the team, even with just one of them. And yeah, Skadikumi learned to value the power of friendship. It's christmas miracle!

As for your clear: I wasn't aware that all these guys were voiced by the same person in the English version. That's pretty cool. I liked how you made Linus duke it out with his bro. Even with the colour superiority it took a bit of effort to take him down. Goes to show how much better the general quality of GHB units has gotten over time.

Anyway, here is the princess clear: 

@Azuris @kirauza343 @ruruo

Music: 1. The boundless dream 2. Withered Earth - both from Suikoden Gaiden Vol. 2

This one was done even quicker. It starts of similar to the Taku clear, with taking out the flier and using flier mobility to cheat the terrain. Afterwards there are some teleporting shenanigans courtesy of Hinoka's spear and playing around with a Tactics skill. Hope they give us a Speed Tactics skill soon or demote Ylgr. Poor Sakunyan needed to tank the dragon with only her 11 Def and a Close Def seal, but managed to hang on thankfully. Overall a very quick and fun clear for me.~

Edited by Nanima

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

Beauty is back. 

No big problems for them, tight survival of Sakunyan against the dragon. Guidance made useful again, congrats! 

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

Hope they give us a Speed Tactics skill soon or demote Ylgr.

Oh please, yes! 

20 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Hey, cool clear again. Just trow Boey at everything. ER to retreat was unexpected, but I'm always pro beaming shenanigans. ;-)

It worked out pretty nicely since Boey did need to retreat to get healed up. I also found it in character for a skilled survivor to always have a escape plan ready.

20 hours ago, Landmaster said:

CC Boey, I love seeing him tank things and blow everyone back with Ignis, Corrin's buffs really helped him a lot there. Ethlyn helped with chipping them down for everyone else to finish the remaining enemies off~ Great job!

I thought i'd use Boey a lot more since I gave him close counter and all. That did't really happen, but I was glad I could dust him off again for a themed run.

8 hours ago, Nanima said:

@Landmaster Looking forward to Lene taking on Hector!

Music: 1. The boundless dream 2. Withered Earth - both from Suikoden Gaiden Vol. 2

This one was done even quicker. It starts of similar to the Taku clear, with taking out the flier and using flier mobility to cheat the terrain. Afterwards there are some teleporting shenanigans courtesy of Hinoka's spear and playing around with a Tactics skill. Hope they give us a Speed Tactics skill soon or demote Ylgr. Poor Sakunyan needed to tank the dragon with only her 11 Def and a Close Def seal, but managed to hang on thankfully. Overall a very quick and fun clear for me.~

Very easy map for the Princesses. I've never noticed Hinoka's Refine lets her warp everyone around~ Can't say seeing Sakura fly over take down Lloyd in one round was something I expected but it was really cool and impressive how easy he went down~ Super close call with Sakunyan surviving the Manakete but Sakura easily helps her out for the last kill~ Nice seeing everyone get a kill in, too~

Edited by Landmaster

@Nanima

You used your mobility skills really nicely to dictate how and when combat would happen. All engagements happened on your terms and up until the last enemy, you weren't attacked a single time while all your attacks resulted in a defeated enemy, excellent control of the battlefield. Then at the end you were attacked a single time and poor little Sakura took a heavy blow, but by making sure she would survive, you could finish the map easily. Well done and good to hear it as a fun clear for you as well.

Also wow, how easily Sakura took out Linus, she shouldn't be underestimated.

Edited by Azuris

19 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Beauty is back. 

No big problems for them, tight survival of Sakunyan against the dragon. Guidance made useful again, congrats! 

Thanks! Yeah inbuilt guidance can be super useful for these clears. No need to waste a skill slot.

13 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Very easy map for the Princesses. I've never noticed Hinoka's Refine lets her warp everyone around~ Can't say seeing Sakura fly over take down Lloyd in one round was something I expected but it was really cool and impressive how easy he went down~ Super close call with Sakunyan surviving the Manakete but Sakura easily helps her out for the last kill~ Nice seeing everyone get a kill in, too~

Hinoka's lance has guidance that works for both Infantry and Fliers, so it's doubly useful for this team. Glad I managed to pleasantly surprise you with it. I kinda imagine it as Hinoka using her naginata to launch Sakura in Linus' direction. haha I am glad Sakunyan is blessed with an HP boon to go along with her Def bane or else survival would have been rough. It felt great to show everyone at their best.

5 hours ago, Azuris said:

You used your mobility skills really nicely to dictate how and when combat would happen. All engagements happened on your terms and up until the last enemy, you weren't attacked a single time while all your attacks resulted in a defeated enemy, excellent control of the battlefield. Then at the end you were attacked a single time and poor little Sakura took a heavy blow, but by making sure she would survive, you could finish the map easily. Well done and good to hear it as a fun clear for you as well.

Also wow, how easily Sakura took out Linus, she shouldn't be underestimated.

Thanks! I'd have liked to avoid the last close call, but someone needed to take a hit so most of the enemies would be taken care of in one turn. Good thing Sakunyan managed to hold on, but it was definitely a close thing. 

Yeah I put a lot into raising her as a more offensive unit and with Wrazzle Dazzle there is not much anyone can do against her. haha 

@Nanima Wow, great use of Hinoka's Spear for Guidance shenanigans! It was pretty simple once thing started going, and effective Kitty Paddle damage is always satisfying to see!

@Azuris I like to think Odin pushed Shiro through the mountain :P. Power overflowing indeed.

@mampfoid Yeah I really wish Odin wasn't blue so he can have Future Vision/Link shenanigans with L!Lucina without sharing colours!

• 7 months later...

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Landmaster @Alexmender @Nanima @NegativeExponents- @Hilda @SatsumaFSoysoy @Ginko @Azuris @eclipse @daisy jane @Dayni @Johann @ruruo @Rezzy

Special mention to @Rafiel's Aria as this one has one of your prized units~

So I revisited this map. I really wanted to but I wasn't sure how to. Fae just om nom noms the map so that was really boring. It'd already done the FE7 thing but Linus is such a fun boss and map so I wanted to do something that matched him. Something blazing fast, hyper offensive. That gave me the idea for this one.

For this clear the only real issue was picking the right enemies to take out at the right time while also being able to get my units to safety before their turns eventually ran out. It required both Flashing and Heavy Blade seals but I got it done pretty quick. I only had the idea to do this clear about an hour or two before the map expired so it was a quick process. I have to say I lucked out though, the red dragon having Fury made the clear a lot more seamless. You'll understand why soon enough.

It took everything I had not to name the theme "Badass." Instead we'll call it a "Galeforce" clear. 4 units, all from previous clears (some of my favorites, even), now with Galeforce blitzing through Linus and his groupies. This one gave me a rush, I knew exactly what song I wanted to use for it. The clear is a burst of adrenaline while it's going. But it goes fast! So buckle up~

Marathon is done. I could potentially do a Walhart, Aversa, Garon and Gharnef clear. But any of those will be quick if I do decide to do them.

Cheers~

Edited by Zeo

@Zeo Hey, Lon'qu is back!!! That's a nice B!Roy you have there, I kind of want one but he never comes home.  Galeforce shenanigans with raw power is really fun to watch. Lon'qu took quite a beating immediately which was scary. Very fitting Raven, the other Basilikos user, was the one to end the map. Awesome music choice, too.

@mampfoid @Nanima @Rafiel's Aria @mampfoid @Landmaster @daisy jane @Ginko @Azuris

So Linus time! Hmm Black Fang member, brother of the White Wolf.....how about a Wolf team theme (with Wolf tomes)!

Team is neutral Nailah, +Def/-HP Velouria, +HP/-Def Rhajat and neutral 4* Ursula.

Music is Freedom (Wolf Clan theme) from Battle Realms

-Saw I had Nailah and Velouria. Didn't have Keaton though and I really wanted the White Wolf Lloyd to join this but his low Defense wasn't really good against this map with this team (although I at least already cleared this with him in the Kaiji Tang VA Emblem I did earlier in the thread). So the solution was getting the Wolf Tome users Rhajat and Ursula to join in (and Ursula was a fellow Black Fang)

-Space control was really important in this map. Had to set Ursula to the right to bait opponents in their first turn correctly, while Nailah was dealing with the left side thanks to Velouria's support. She needed Fierce Stance, Drive Atk and QR to delete the mage. Fierce Stance and a rightly timed special was important to one shot the thief.

-Linus and the red dragon was the most challenging and were left for last. I kept forgetting how to split them up in the end so had to do various combinations to make sure my team wasn't swamped thanks to Linus's Pivot. The mages were important in chipping them down from afar since the actual wolves were getting low in health and Linus was pretty bulky.

On 8/17/2019 at 10:21 AM, Zeo said:

It took everything I had not to name the theme "Badass." Instead we'll call it a "Galeforce" clear. 4 units, all from previous clears (some of my favorites, even), now with Galeforce blitzing through Linus and his groupies. This one gave me a rush, I knew exactly what song I wanted to use for it. The clear is a burst of adrenaline while it's going. But it goes fast! So buckle up~

This is how everyone should clear stuff! Not in one turn, but a lot of Galeforce, great! Raven procced his GF a little late though ("Oh, noone left ..."). ;- )

On 8/20/2019 at 3:21 PM, mcsilas said:

That's a nice B!Roy you have there, I kind of want one but he never comes home.

He is featured on a banner right now . ;- )

On 8/20/2019 at 3:21 PM, mcsilas said:

So Linus time! Hmm Black Fang member, brother of the White Wolf.....how about a Wolf team theme (with Wolf tomes)!

Velouria's beast form looks more like a bear. ^^

Promote your Ursula already, so she can do more than just baiting and chipping. Your beasts do some great work here, congrats! 

On 8/17/2019 at 4:21 AM, Zeo said:

So I revisited this map. I really wanted to but I wasn't sure how to. Fae just om nom noms the map so that was really boring. It'd already done the FE7 thing but Linus is such a fun boss and map so I wanted to do something that matched him. Something blazing fast, hyper offensive. That gave me the idea for this one.

For this clear the only real issue was picking the right enemies to take out at the right time while also being able to get my units to safety before their turns eventually ran out. It required both Flashing and Heavy Blade seals but I got it done pretty quick. I only had the idea to do this clear about an hour or two before the map expired so it was a quick process. I have to say I lucked out though, the red dragon having Fury made the clear a lot more seamless. You'll understand why soon enough.

Marathon is done. I could potentially do a Walhart, Aversa, Garon and Gharnef clear. But any of those will be quick if I do decide to do them.

Cheers~

Nothing more fun than some Galeforcing. The best thing is everyone played a part here. I’m still envious at anyone who has B!Ephraim since he evades me still. And I always love my man Lon’qu getting some love~

On 8/20/2019 at 9:21 AM, mcsilas said:

Team is neutral Nailah, +Def/-HP Velouria, +HP/-Def Rhajat and neutral 4* Ursula.

Music is Freedom (Wolf Clan theme) from Battle Realms

-Saw I had Nailah and Velouria. Didn't have Keaton though and I really wanted the White Wolf Lloyd to join this but his low Defense wasn't really good against this map with this team (although I at least already cleared this with him in the Kaiji Tang VA Emblem I did earlier in the thread). So the solution was getting the Wolf Tome users Rhajat and Ursula to join in (and Ursula was a fellow Black Fang)

-Space control was really important in this map. Had to set Ursula to the right to bait opponents in their first turn correctly, while Nailah was dealing with the left side thanks to Velouria's support. She needed Fierce Stance, Drive Atk and QR to delete the mage. Fierce Stance and a rightly timed special was important to one shot the thief.

-Linus and the red dragon was the most challenging and were left for last. I kept forgetting how to split them up in the end so had to do various combinations to make sure my team wasn't swamped thanks to Linus's Pivot. The mages were important in chipping them down from afar since the actual wolves were getting low in health and Linus was pretty bulky.

Wolf team looks fun~ Nailah is impressive as ever and Glare is really handy to prevent her from vein overrun.All that Pivoting and sliding all over the place was pretty crazy. Linus was scary with no Red units to deal with him but he couldn’t take all those Specials at once. Nice!