Is it possible to disable the critical hit cut-ins?

I suppose the answer is gonna be "No" unfortunately. Still, every now and then I get lucky and no critical hits occur for a bit, leaving me in awe by how smooth the animations are. But inevitably this also always makes me wish the combat wouldn't constantly freeze for several seconds. So I just have to ask in the hopes that I somehow missed such an option.

Edited by BrightBow

Unfortunately, I'm 99.999 % certain the answer is "no". Those critical cut ins are probably controlled by event scripts (or something close to it), which means we would need some kind of editor to disable them. 

Edited by GamerX51

Do you need to be so passive-aggressive about it? 

Early game you'll only be getting the odd flukes, and late game when they start to become more common you can just turn the animations off entirely if they bother you so, so much.

29 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Do you need to be so passive-aggressive about it? 

Early game you'll only be getting the odd flukes, and late game when they start to become more common you can just turn the animations off entirely if they bother you so, so much.

i dont think he's being passive aggressive, he's just miffed about it

I'm neither miffed, nor being passive aggressive - I was just stating what I believe to be the correct answer to the OP's question.

29 minutes ago, GamerX51 said:

I'm neither miffed, nor being passive aggressive - I was just stating what I believe to be the correct answer to the OP's question.

He probably meant me.

@The DanMan

I suppose I could have just written out the question and let that be it. But seeing how this is a question that was basically guaranteed to be answered with "No", I felt that I needed to elaborate why I wanted to ask the question anyway. Heck, I wanted to include an apology for wasting people's time with such an obvious question but I didn't manage to include that anywhere without it sounding awkward.

Edited by BrightBow