Ideas For Book 3

With book 2 soon to be concluding,  what are some new addition you want to be added in the next large part of the game? I want is :

• Generic beast units, so later animal changers can be in the game
  • Moving/shifting levels
  • Level hazards
  • A new villain that isn't just an evil conquer.

What do you want?

Edited by Jingle Jangle

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as they never call them transformers. Because I can only think of large robots when someone does. :)

I'd like the current OC characters to be expanded on more before they move the plot elsewhere and begin ignoring they existed like they did for Bruno.

I honestly would like to see the askrian king at some point if not in book two then definitely in book three. It would be a great way to introduce some character development for the siblings especially alfonse.

Edited by Otts486

I'd like to see Hand Axes/Javelins/Wind Edge included as inheritable weapons that grant distant counter, although obviously weaker than the legendary weapons that do the same thing. I'd also like to see stuff like Tomahawks and Spears (and I guess the Tempest Blade would be the equivalent for swords) that are dedicated 2 Range physical colored weapons. I don't like the idea of Lyn's green bow, bows should be colourless. The games already give us plenty of content to work with when it comes to ranged physical attacking in the weapon triangle. Utilize it.

And for crying out loud, give us some of those wicked Jugdral Mage Armours. You don't need to invent seasonal when the things already exist.

Edited by Jotari

41 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

I honestly would like to see the askrian king at some point if not in book two then definitely in book three. It would be a great way to introduce some character development for the siblings especially alfonse.

plot twist, he dies off camera of that disease that kills parents in disney movies.

Let's see: 

• Give Sharena more character outside of being your personal cheerleader and "let's be friends everyone". Alfonse got a lot better in book II so Sharena could use the help in book III
  • Bring beast units, they're overdue. 
  • Bruno comes back in some shape or form, hopefully he'll be the new freebie just like Fjorm was although everything points to Veronica being the one that joins, damn you CYL2!
  • Loki true form is a dragon and she'll never be recruitable. Sorry Loki fans, she's better as an enemy. 
  • The Askr Trio weapons get an evolution (no, not a refinement, I mean evolution like Yato -> Omega Yato).
  • Fog of war Ok no, this would be bad. Don't add this.

50 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Let's see: 

• Give Sharena more character outside of being your personal cheerleader and "let's be friends everyone". Alfonse got a lot better in book II so Sharena could use the help in book III
  • Bring beast units, they're overdue. 
  • Bruno comes back in some shape or form, hopefully he'll be the new freebie just like Fjorm was although everything points to Veronica being the one that joins, damn you CYL2!
  • Loki true form is a dragon and she'll never be recruitable. Sorry Loki fans, she's better as an enemy. 
  • The Askr Trio weapons get an evolution (no, not a refinement, I mean evolution like Yato -> Omega Yato).
  • Fog of war Ok no, this would be bad. Don't add this.

sharena gets an annoying talking animal sidekick (feh is non-canon now) this is the extent of her character growth

we will never get beast units

bruno died in a tragic apple cart incident (press f to pay respects)

Loki's true form is a dragon yes but you forgot a detail, she has even bigger totally exposed breasts nipple and all (it's a dragon so its ok according to the esrb and it'll get the furries on board)

the askr trio will forever be poverty units

yes fog of war, your units can only see 1 space away so now ranged units can't attack without assistance (the hardt is dead)

Edited by thecrimsonflash

Fimbulvetr is ending, signaling Ragnarok, the end times. Veronica, captured by Loki, is forced to summon never before seen heroes. A hammer wielding plumber, an angel wielding a bow granted by the goddess of light, and a legendary hero wielding the blade of evil's bane. Yes. Book 3 is Super Smash Heroes. No more fire emblem characters get into the game, save for seasonals.

13 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Overlooking that she'll win CYL3.

I'd rather have 10 Camilla alts before that happens. At least Camilla has more to her than "tits!"

While Book II's story is certainly approaching its climax, I feel like it's a bit premature to say it's going to be ending just because Surtr may or not die in the next chapter. While Surtr's death may put to rest Fjorm's quest to avenge her mother or whatever her story was about, I feel like there's still too much left to happen for it to be concluded in one chapter, and most, if not all, of it feels like things that should be handled in Book II rather than Book III. The ritual or whatever that Surtr was setting up with Veronica and Yglr, that I feel Loki would likely continue regardless of what Surtr's doing. Fjorm's currently AWOL brother, Hrid. The uncertain status of Helbindi and his sister. Even if the main antagonists of Book II end up still being Muspell again, to me, these feel like things that would be part of the current arc, rather than being split off into the next. But I guess we'll see what they do. Book I didn't really provide much close either, really, aside from confirming what we pretty much already knew about Zacharias being Bruno.

As for my hopes for Book III though, it's a bit hard to say without knowing how Book II ends. It'd be nice to see how Bruno's quest to uncurse his bloodline has been going, even if it's just told through paralogues while the main story does something else, like the Veronica and Loki paralogues during Book I. I'd like to meet King Gustav, provided he doesn't die during Book II, so we can perhaps see some of this conflict between him and Alfonse, rather than hearing second hand. I'd honestly really like to recruit Helbindi, so if the Askrans could hop in and help him and his sister out either during Book II or III, I'd love that. And if we get beast shifters by then, playable Feh, please and thank you.

...If you're only asking for gameplay changes, I don't have any suggestions besides getting beast units into the game. The title said "Book 3" rather than "Version 3.0" so I just gave my hopes for the story.

Edited by C. Turtle

Where are people getting the idea that book2 is ending? We all know Surtr isnt the real deal. Book 2 ends when Loki is done. There is still a long riad ahead if you ask me

I mean, even if Surtr does end up on the end of a spear, I doubt this is the end of Book II. We still haven’t met the Nifl brother or found out what happened to Ylgr. It just seems like too sudden of an end if it’s true.

Anyway, I want:

• Already existing OC’s to get some character development. (It’s bad when Helbindi, who was only recently introduced, already has more depth than most of the cast)
  • Beast Units!! I̶n̶b̶4̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶u̶m̶b̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶C̶a̶t̶!̶L̶u̶c̶i̶n̶a̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶s̶t̶
  • Askr trio weapon refines
  • 1* and 2* summoning pool with some not so great units that uses friend points similar to FGOs friend point summons.
  • Skill/Weapon shop
  • Whatever happened to Virion!? I want more Heroes like Xander who are actually involved in the story and not just treated as “Heroes of the Week” We started with Virion, Raigh, and Matthew so those are good characters to incorporate into the story.
  • Relating to my last point, make Heroes interact with other worlds Heroes in story.

I kind of want to see Sharena and Alfonse split up their forces, and we have to fight each of them. Just because I know whatever is coming in Book 3 will be cliche and boring just like Book 2 and 1 has been. 

If we're talking about actually carrying on the plot, then I'll be expecting another conflict with the forces of Embla because that hasn't really been touched upon, and also it is a good way to introduce Brave Veronica.

I also want to see the Askrian King, and who else our allies are.

Edited by Ae†her

54 minutes ago, C. Turtle said:

While Book II's story is certainly approaching its climax, I feel like it's a bit premature to say it's going to be ending just because Surtr may or not die in the next chapter. While Surtr's death may put to rest Fjorm's quest to avenge her mother or whatever her story was about, I feel like there's still too much left to happen for it to be concluded in one chapter, and most, if not all, of it feels like things that should be handled in Book II rather than Book III. The ritual or whatever that Surtr was setting up with Veronica and Yglr, that I feel Loki would likely continue regardless of what Surtr's doing. Fjorm's currently AWOL brother, Hrid. The uncertain status of Helbindi and his sister. Even if the main antagonists of Book II end up still being Muspell again, to me, these feel like things that would be part of the current arc, rather than being split off into the next. But I guess we'll see what they do. Book I didn't really provide much close either, really, aside from confirming what we pretty much already knew about Zacharias being Bruno.

I agree. I feel like there's way too much for Book 2 to end now.

I'm expecting it to at least last 13 chapters, same as Book 1.

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

I'd rather have 10 Camilla alts before that happens. At least Camilla has more to her than "tits!"

Really? Have you forgotten Fates's cut scenes involving Camilla? Loki is a more interesting character to me than Camilla is and I'm actually intrigued with where the narrative takes her. She's a trickster, clearly derives pleasure from it and she's got an ulterior motive in the story. She's quite enigmatic and I think she's a good villain. Most definitely a better one than Surtr, at the very least.

Plus, yes, I like the sultry, busty type. Is that really so wrong? Should I lie to myself? Loki is just one character in a huge cast. Some characters can be this way just like there are women aware and proud of their charms in real life. Sometimes, this type of charms. Can we stop being prudes? It's not as if all the cast were Camillas and Lokis.

I actually voted for Camilla last year because I'm annoyed by the hate she gets but I might switch those votes for Loki.

Edited by Vince777

2 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Really? Have you forgotten Fates's cut scenes involving Camilla? Loki is a more interesting character to me than Camilla is and I'm actually intrigued with where the narrative takes her. She's a trickster, clearly derives pleasure from it and she's got an ulterior motive in the story. She's quite enigmatic and I think she's a good villain. Most definitely a better one than Surtr, at the very least.

Plus, yes, I like the sultry, busty type. Is that really so wrong? Should I lie to myself? Loki is just one character in a huge cast. Some characters can be this way just like there are women aware and proud of their charms in real life. Can we stop being prudes? It's not as if all the cast were Camillas and Lokis.

I actually voted for Camilla last year because I'm annoyed by the hate she gets but I might switch those votes for Loki.

I will never forget the T&A cutscene in Birthright, it was awful.

Loki as a character has a lot of potential and I like her as a villain, I just don't want her as playable character at all. I want to see what's her true goal and what we'll need to defeat her, not seeing her chilling to the summoner with pandering lines. I don't mind her design either but I'm almost certain she's a type of dragon and what we're seeing right now isn't her true form. I get why some people like her but wanting her as a playable character baffles me. Neither her nor Surtr should be playable characters imo, I just don't like the idea of needing to have every single character in playable form when it doesn't fit (yes, I wasn't happy with Grima either but here we are now).

I understand the problem that is oversexualising women in video games and I know it can be very frustrating in particular for the female players. Most of which also feel very badly represented in video games as so much of it panders to the guys. 

But still, the sexy character archetype does not need to stop existing in video games. I like them. They just need to not be so overly prominent. I don't feel Fire Emblem crosses that border, even with characters like Camilla existing. For every Camilla, there are many more Eirika, Celica and Lucina. 

The reason I think Loki will win CY3 has a lot to do with last year's placement and Veronica's win. Loki has become more important than her now. Heroes OCs apparently do good in these. 

Edited by Vince777

One thing I'm a little curious about is if there's another Askr sibling out there that might show up sometime.

Sharena's new card in the upcoming Cipher pack calls her the "elder princess" and we already know she ain't older than Alfonse. So who is she exactly the "elder" of.

3 hours ago, Alexmender said:

To be fair, you could say the same for Loki. Loki lives up to her namesake, the trickster, and has shown to be quite cunning and ruthless at times. With this last tempest trial, her character was explored a little more. She's a strategist not afraid to get her hands dirty. Her appearance, while distracting, is effective, because it causes people to focus more on that than her real goals. Sounds very trickster to me. Plus, I have a feeling it's not their "true" appearance.

Her flaws as a character revolve around her motivation, or lack of one. Why does she work for Surtr? Is she really Musspellian? What's her end goal? We have no clue. The others, even Surtr, are clearer. Loki remains a mystery though.

If she wins CYL 3, watch how they'll retcon the story to where if this appearance isn't their "true" appearance, we'll get the girl who's she is based off on.

Tbh, I'll dread Book 3 if the new villain is Fjorm's brother Hrid. I'd rather have him as an ally.