FE8 Convoy Full Issue

AstralSpirit

I've been stuck on this long enough to warrant a post here I think so here goes.

I've been hacking FE8 with FEBuilder but I'm running into one issue that I can't seem to fix - the convoy is full, despite having no items in it.  I'm using the patch which increases the limit to 200, but I don't feel like that's the issue because I've tried putting that into a vanilla sacred stones file along with all the other patches I used and the convoy works fine.  Is there some sort of event I may have deleted that would fix this or some way to set the original number of items in the convoy to 0/200 instead of 200/200 like the game starts me at?  This is super frustrating as I need some sort of storage space, but the game isn't letting me access what should be my empty convoy.

Go one by one through the patches you used, slowly stacking them until you recreate the issue, find the last patch you applied, and decide whether it's important enough to keep in the Rom Hack and see which patch it conflicts with (Which is probably gonna be the convoy limit 200 patch). You can live without 200 items in the convoy, but in 2018, as a Rom Hack Developer, can you live without the skills system or the Str/Mag split? No? Can't live without 200 items? Find what the patch changes and see if you can repoint something to another spot in the rom.

Well, that's the thing. I checked every patch. Stacking them just doesn't recreate this. It's not that they're conflicting with each other which makes this way more complicated for me.

And now playing around with things has given me an empty convoy that eats the items I put into it into the void. Wonderful.

Edited by AstralSpirit

13 hours ago, 7743 said:

Please refer to this article.
Someone is writing to the RAM area where the expanded transport team is located.
http://feuniverse.us/t/fe-builder-gba/2845/1153

Ayy this actually helped quite a bit, this is just the sort of thing i was looking around for online.  It doesn't work flawlessly, but it functions well enough to use and that's good enough for me.  Thanks for the help!