What was the funniest part in Xenoblade 1?

Dragoncat

I have three parts that I thought were hilarious. All of them include the king of the goofballs Reyn, naturally.

I laughed for like 15 minutes when Melia is healed in Makna Forest and Reyn's face when she said "this large one is far worse."  It took me watching the scene again on youtube to see that he freaking gave Shulk a thumbs up and a look that said "you player, you!" Probably the funniest scene in the game imo.

Also in Makna Forest, but technically in Frontier Village, when Riki is introduced and they use him as a volleyball and Reyn spikes him into the ground. Damn boy, get yourself some flame print swim trunks and play beach volleyball. You know he'd absolutely rock those trunks.

The High Entia Tomb booby trap button. Reyn looked like such a confused noodle when that security system scanned him before the big hole opened in the floor, plummeting the party down to who knows where. A bit later, Alvis' zinger was absolute gold. "I think you'll find we had to take the long way because somebody pushed a certain button." Just, omg, that zinger in that pompous voice.

Yeah, I was bored. Discuss. Please don't be a troll and say death scenes or otherwise sad parts are funny. Please also say things that actually happened ingame.

Edited by Dragoncat

2 minutes ago, Will Bill said:

Reyn dies in infinity war.

Add "please don't be a troll and say things that never happen ingame" to those rules...

This isn't FFtF.

Riki going to set a pitfall trap for the Telethia.

Dunban: "Excuse me. We ordered room service an hour ago."

Riki's always willing to let Melia hug him... but demands biscuits from Reyn.

Shulk and Fiora checking on each other in sync... and Sharla indignantly telling them "I'm here too, you know?"

Shulk wanting to learn weapons other than the sword from Sharla/Melia... and Dunban scolding him.

I love most anything that Xord and Metalface say; they always crack me up.  "I think a fly bit me."  "Food ain't supposed to jump off the plate!" etc...

When Riki catches a fish that is much bigger than he is. Also, everyone's reaction to Riki revealing how old he is. 

Melia's dropkick followed by her little squeak is cuter than it is funny, but it tickles me every now and then. 

The heart to heart when Riki doesn't want Dunban to be lonely, so he offers for him, his wife, and his littlepons to move in with him. 

There is a lot of great after battle dialogue, but I especially like to one where Reyn mentions that "You can't have a rainbow without Reyn!"

Reyn mocking Riki: "Dinobeast big and scary."

Later in the game, when Egil picks Shulk up by his face, monologues, and then throws him.

I'm assuming that everyone here has played to the point where all playable characters are unlocked

These conversestations:

Reyn - You can't have a rainbow without Reyn, baby!
Melia - Dunban, I think you need to have a talk with Reyn.
Dunban - No. Let's pretend it didn't happen.

Sharla - Isn't it quiet without Reyn or Riki around?
Dunban - Agreed. Let's continue with this team.
Melia - *Laughs* Hero of the Homs, you have a mean streak.

the button scene obviously 

"Excuse me. We ordered room service an hour ago."

And literally everything out of Riki's mouth

WHATA BUNCH A JOKERS 

and anything out of Reyn's mouth 

32 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Dunban: "Excuse me. We ordered room service an hour ago."

26 minutes ago, NerdyOatmeal said:

Reyn mocking Riki: "Dinobeast big and scary."

I forgot about those two! 

Dunban was saying "where's my damn food bitch" in a polite way lol. And that mocking was gold, I bet Reyn sounded like that when his voice cracked at puberty.

If we include battle convos I'll add these ones:

Dunban: Fiora are you alright?

Fiora: I'm fine Dunban. Thanks for asking.

Shulk: I wish I had a brother or sister! You guys are a real family!

Fiora: Well you're basically our baby brother.

Shulk: What? BABY brother?

Fiora: Be careful what you wish for!

Riki: Riki's sidekicks did good!

Reyn: Who you calling sidekick?

Riki: Don't see anybody here but you.

Reyn: Stupid furry volleyball...why I oughta...

Shulk: Reyn! You're such an easy target!

Shulk: Melia are you tired?

Melia: I'm fine. Reyn on the other hand? Not so sure.

Reyn: *big yawn* Sorry, Didn't get much sleep. Why don't we catch some shuteye?

Shulk: Reyn wake up! Reyn!

Almost forgot about Dunban with his feet on the table in Whitewing Palace in Alcamoth. Make yourself at home dude. Next thing you know he'll be hogging the TV remote and asking for a drink from the fridge...

Edited by Dragoncat

11 minutes ago, NerdyOatmeal said:

How could I forget the nopon air strike that consists of four nopon in a bucket being carried by a pterodactyl like monster. 

Yeah that was gold. And Dickson "stick that in your exhaust pipe and smoke it!"

9 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Yeah that was gold. And Dickson "stick that in your exhaust pipe and smoke it!"

Oh that was great

also Dcat get farther in the game so I can talk about post mechonis stuff with you 

2 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

also Dcat get farther in the game so I can talk about post mechonis stuff with you 

Okay, can do! I admit I've been slacking.

Another one I almost forgot: 

Reyn: I'm sweatier than a brog's armpit!

Dunban: (something about getting to the source of Shulk's vision)

Sharla: Well until then we'll have to deal with Reyn's stench.

Somebody forgot his Old Spice xD

When Shulk finds an M69 Mechon. I don't know how that spawned a meme but there it is.

Also, Riki's introduction was pretty great and Shulk and Reyn's Heart-to-Heart where you learn that Shulk is afraid of caterpillars.

1 hour ago, NerdyOatmeal said:

I love most anything that Xord and Metalface say; they always crack me up.  "I think a fly bit me."  "Food ain't supposed to jump off the plate!" etc...

Speaking of Xord, his voice actor voices Muimui in Xenoblade 2 and i saw a video that swapped there lines and now i can't unhear it. (mild spoilers for Xenoblade 2)

Edited by Armagon

When Shulk finds an M69 Mechon. I don't know how that spawned a meme but there it is.

Also, Riki's introduction was pretty great and Shulk and Reyn's Heart-to-Heart where you learn that Shulk is afraid of caterpillars.

1 hour ago, NerdyOatmeal said:

Speaking of Xord, his voice actor voices Muimui in Xenoblade 2 and i saw a video that swapped there lines and now i can't unhear it.

(mild spoilers for Xenoblade 2)

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of Xord, his voice actor voices Muimui in Xenoblade 2 and i saw a video that swapped there lines and now i can't unhear it.

(mild spoilers for Xenoblade 2)

How did this guy voice these two when they are so different?!

thats some serious talent 

Part of the reason why I love the Xeno series is that it interjects just the right amount of comic relief, and it's actually funny.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

First one: At the very beginning of the game? Where he finds the dead one? Lol 69

Second one: YES and Reyn is afraid of spiders. Going back and watching those arachno scenes after knowing that, you can hear the fear in his voice and he sounded like he was barely restraining from discharging the contents of his bowels and bladder, total fight or flight response. Poor boy.

The voice actors really nailed those performances, that's just one example.

Edited by Dragoncat

My favorite has to be the end of battle line with Melia, Reyn, and Sharla.

Reyn:  "Oh yeah!  Brawn does beat brain."

Sharla:  "Oh no, I can't let that one go."

Melia:  "The head!  Shoot him in the head!"

2 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Part of the reason why I love the Xeno series is that it interjects just the right amount of comic relief, and it's actually funny.

Yeah, even in Xenogears, the series' darkest story, had some good comic relief, such as Bart's BART MISSILES.

I don't know if Xenosaga had any funny moments though.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, even in Xenogears, the series' darkest story, had some good comic relief, such as Bart's BART MISSILES.

I don't know if Xenosaga had any funny moments though.

Also from Xenogears you can't forget the MAN OF THE SEA.

I seem to recall Xenosaga having some funny moments but I can't remember any off the top of my head.  I think it was mostly your typical emotionless robot doesn't get the joke humor with KOS-MOS.

Colony 6 quests seem to have some hilarious dialogue, if you ask me.

Dunban's unique comment from the quest Cook-Off Counterattack! 

"I had the... pleasure... of sampling one of your dishes. I must say, I truly believed a part of my soul died."

Riki's unique comment from the quest A Delectable Delicacy.

Riki:  Riki not like Bunnia either! Riki not like getting chomped!

Pokapoka: Why would Bunnia eat you? Bunnia get sick from eating you! Bunnia stay well away from you!

Riki: Meh! Riki taste like prize Nopon meat! Every monster want to eat Riki!

I dunno why, but I find the NPC Kenny Rohan's walking animation bloody hilarious. He looks like he's speed-walking everywhere but he's horrible at speed-walking.

The Mechon names on the Mechonis itself.

CHORD, TRICK, SACRE, SHAME, HASTE, DIARY, ZEBRA, ESSAY, WITCH, ONION, DOGMA, ANGRY, THANK, DREAD, LYRIC, HONEY, MOIST and some others that are less amusing, like SCOUT.

3 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

The Mechon names on the Mechonis itself.

CHORD, TRICK, SACRE, SHAME, HASTE, DIARY, ZEBRA, ESSAY, WITCH, ONION, DOGMA, ANGRY, THANK, DREAD, LYRIC, HONEY, MOIST and some others that are less amusing, like SCOUT.

Honestly, I wonder what the hell Egil was thinking when he named these Mechon.  Especially ones like ONION, ZEBRA, ESSAY, HONEY and MOIST. 

Ryen never runs out of memorable lines, which is one of the many reasons he's one of my favorite characters from anything period.

Also the game's introduction to Colonel Vangarre will never not be amusing.

Edit: Video has characters using new game plus gear so spoilers ahead.

Edited by TheGoodHoms

36 minutes ago, TheGoodHoms said:

Ryen never runs out of memorable lines, which is one of the many reasons he's one of my favorite characters from anything period.

Also the game's introduction to Colonel Vangarre will never not be amusing.

Edit: Video has characters using new game plus gear so spoilers ahead.

I felt so bad for those poor soldiers there but the funny music in the background xD

@Pandoria Well I headcanon that machina reproduce by firing special laser beams into each other, and the kid is created that way, so there's no way he could've known what "moist" implies. But yeah it's like he just picked random words from a dictionary lol.

Probably a good thing machina don't breed like organic life. Egil wouldn't have the same parts as male homs/entia, so he wouldn't be able to get all rapey with the homs he captured to make face units. And you know he probably would if he could, to break their spirit and show his dominance.

I'm sorry if anyone needs brain bleach now.

Edited by Dragoncat